Broken Boulder i am still livin' with your ghost
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
He hurries @Korei Julia through gathering herbs with him and rushes them back to the territory, fearful for some reason of another encounter. Perhaps another sibling lurking — perhaps this time one of his, or someone from another packmate's past. It's all too much to handle right now, and he's starting to think he'll never leave the damn Sanctuary again.
Mostly, he's worried about Korei. Finally he's starting to process some of what he'd overheard, and it sounds intense — too intense for the fragile girl he's come to know. As they cross the borders, he casts a concerned glance over her, mouth still full of herbs, but it's only when they've dropped them off at his den that he speaks.
Are you okay? His tone is gentle, gaze full of affection and worry. It's easy to forget all the problems they've had in the face of all this tragedy — it's easy to want to rebuild what they had now that he's lost everything else; even his love is given selfishly.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia had gotten herbs that she could get as well. The meeting fresh on mind. She coughed again, her throat was hurting a bit from it all. And then, as soon as Alarian asked if she was okay...she broke down. Just crying. This whole time, after Korei had left had she made a mistake? Did they truly care...no, she couldn't think that now. Too much had happened, too much had changed.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He's not surprised when she breaks down crying, but his heart aches for her. He moves to press his nose to her cheek gently, lingering a moment before he pulls away to meet her golden gaze. I'm sorry, He says softly, pausing a beat. Do you — want to talk about it? It's all he can think to say — he doesn't want to push her, but without the full picture he can't offer advice. If she's not ready to tell him, all he can do is let her know he's here for her.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei flinched away for a moment, then leaned into the touch of his nose to her cheek. She needed the comfort, Alarian was always there for her. Such a friend to her. "No..I don't...I don't" she said very quietly. She never wanted to remember that meeting, or her family. They made her so upset to think about, having left them and now knowing that after all, they had looked for her.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Her response isn't unexpected, but he's a little disappointed nonetheless. He hides it well, offering a gentle, reassuring smile. Alright. Well, maybe we can do something to take your mind off of it, He says, glancing around them briefly. Now that he thinks about it, it's probably time to give her some herbs — if he can stay on top of treating her symptoms, maybe she at least won't get as sick as the others.
Actually, I think it's about time for you to have some more herbs, He tells her, gesturing for her to sit down. Luckily, she's a better patient than @Bunyip (who isn't terrible, really, but... ugh). Maybe I can teach you a bit while we're at it. Could be helpful later.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Alarian was always so kind to her. Always helping. Korei felt a little sad that she could not do more for him as well as others of the pack. "Yes...yes...something" she murmured quietly, holding back any sobs. She sighed as he mentioned some herbs for her to take. 

"All right..." Korei sat down on the ground, sighing again. Hopefully, they would not taste so bad. "Yeah, teach me. That would be nice." And this time she managed a smile back.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He's admittedly relieved when she agrees; he's not so good at comforting others, even if he tries. He moves around her to retrieve some of his already-stored herbs, dropping them in front of her before he starts to explain. Tansy is best for treating coughs, but it stopped blooming a little while ago — so this is some of what I have stored, He nudges it toward her, nose wrinkling slightly in sympathy; it's not the best tasting plant. He pushes a couple poppy seeds in her direction next. And some poppy seeds — so you stop complaining so much. He grins slightly, tone playful.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia watched as he got some of the herbs, putting them out before her now. Tansy and poppy seeds. She glared, then stuck out her tongue at him. "I wouldn't complain so much if I didn't end up getting sick...plus..." she paused there. She didn't need to say that. "So, what else is there?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping this up!
Then maybe you shouldn't hang around with the cats so much, He teases, swallowing back the nausea rising in his throat as he really starts to think about the situation. He pushes the thoughts away quickly, moving back toward his herbs with a slightly weary smile. Not much more — I promise the rest of it doesn't taste as bad. When he's done treating Korei, he'll have to check on his other patients. He's not looking forward to it, so he takes his time, making idle conversation with his friend for awhile before he reluctantly departs to treat the other sick members of the Sanctuary.