Flycatcher Downs Love without complications galore
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
i hope that it stays this way for many years to come. indra smiled to herself; vows had such a fragility to them -- the mind, well-intentioned as it was, often had a way of changing overtime. she hoped so too -- earnestly -- despite her grim outlook that time simply was the best eliminator.

wraen divulged a bit about terance; it always took indra by surprise that the two were related. it was such a small world, she thought; that she would come across two strangers, befriend both, and find them related. she thought of what wraen had said - two imperfect beings creating something better; a whole, perhaps, as cliche as it was. she and laurel had created something better -- but even then, it was flawed.

"it is something. maybe that's how we become better." she meant perhaps thats how flawed individuals could improve themselves -- by surrounding themselves with wolves who somehow smoothed out their rough edges.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Seems like a good point to wrap up. Thank you and we can have a new one, when you have time?

"Oh, definitely. And also learn to curb one's egoism and selfishness a bit. Though that part is not easy," Wraen agreed. She had yet to meet that person, who would change her world entirely, but she had a feeling that by taking little steps and getting a hint and feeling of, what it was like to build relationships, was a way to go. Better even. More productive.

"A-a-and I think we are here," she told Indra, when she spotted the familiar area of Morningside's home. "Let's go and howl for the leaders to see, if they have seen anything," she suggesting, quickening her step now and returning to their main and important business.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
yes please! hope the PP is okay <3

learn to curb one's egoism and selfishness. indra reflected on this; wraen had spoken these words, which meant they were chosen with care, packaged deliberately. a statement certainly easier said than performed: it made indra introspective: had there been a time where she had acted out of her own ego and selfishness?

certainly.

she wanted to explore this further, but at the moment they were drawing near to their objective; she had almost forgotten for a time her grief in lucas' disappearance, and was thankful wraen was alongside her. yet as they came to morningside, it was evident no soul was there to greet them: for the plains were a smoldering wreckage, and nothing save swirling ash and ruin remained.

indra regarded the scene quietly. she had never seen morningside in its glory, but even then, could not help but feel sorry for the lives that had been extinguished here; the home that had been sundered. looking to wraen, she conveyed all she needed to: they would find nothing here save for sadness, and they needed little more of that.

resigning to the fact their expedition had ended in failure, indra bid for home. for a while they traveled together; at least the mission had not been a complete loss, for indra felt her heart was a little lighter, and her tread a little less heavy, even as the two made their goodbyes and made for their separate homes.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.