Snowforest Taiga Why We Have Obama To Thank For Corn Mazes
117 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
it takes a little effort to get @Solomon going. the last couple of days haven’t been all that great. her stomach churns with upset and because she hasn’t told anyone but her siblings, she suffers through them; occasionally she vomits the contents of her stomach. it only marginally makes her feel better.

“let’s go,” she urges with a final nudge before trotting off and slipping through the territory. dad is sick and isn’t watching them as much as he probably should. the other two moms had a lot of children between them. no one else is left to monitor them so it is easy for them to get to the borders without being notice. brilliance clears her throat and glances to her sister. the scent markers are not as strong as they could be, those who are able doing their best, but she knows it is the Border into the Unknown.

turning away from the girl, she looks out, offers a flash of a thought—“what d’y’think is out there?”—before continuing, right into the unknown.
i just want to find a god
and i hope she loves me too
warm and golden like an oven that's wide open
45 Posts
Ooc —

she had never been this close to the borders before. despite having a tendency to get into trouble, solomon wasn't exactly the runaway type. she was inseparably close with brilliance, however, and at her sister's urging she followed without complaint. who else would know how to deal with her if her tummy got upset and she threw up? solomon had to be there. she just had to.

and the little space she'd created to spend time with brilliance had been getting a little boring, and daddy was sick, and mommy had been replaced by two sugarsweet new mommies who were obviously trying too hard to be nice.

her small bearish ears swiveled as brilliance cleared her throat. what d'y'think is out there?

more of the same, she says with a humorless laugh. as far as she could tell, it was just more rocks and trees. brilliance surges on, and solomon takes up the rear. maybe mama was out here somewhere, too.

117 Posts
Ooc —
solomon doesn’t offer anything helpful. more of the same. okay, well. then they’ll find out if it’s for the same or not. their home isn’t all that exciting, especially when it’s just the two of them. she avoids the other puppies, especially after her altercation with the grey girl and dad being sick doesn’t give him any time to entertain them. and no one else gives them any attention; how are they supposed to learn things? she wants to hunt and fight and do things the other wolves do and, well. she can’t when no one helps her. so she’s gonna do it on her own!

well, and with solomon, she guesses.

the days are cool, at least, and the sun offers enough to warm the back of her coat that is still black. she’s started to grow into her colors, as her other siblings, but since the day solomon brought it up she tries not to think about it. they resemble their mother, in their own way, right? she can still remember what she looks like, she thinks… but she can’t be sure. brilliance licks her lips and glances back, making sure her sister is with her, and nudges her nose along for her to step up and keep closer.

after several minutes of walking, she realizes it’s just as boring as their home. seriously? it has to be more exciting than this. ugh. fine. the whole world is—

her eyes widen as they disturb a rabbit’s den all of a sudden, having not paid attention. a cluster of hares swerve every which way and instantly, brilliance storms off after one. she doesn’t know what she’s doing, or where she’s going, but she’s supposed to chase it! and she’s gonna catch it.

of couse, she doesn’t. the prey outruns her tenfold and she slows to a stop, panting, but feeling a bit of excitement as she turns back to see where her sister had gone off, whether she chased her own rabbit or followed behind.
45 Posts
Ooc —

it kind of worries her when brilliance doesn't say anything. she doesn't like feeling ignored, or like brilliance might be upset with her.. but if brilliance was upset with her, she'd say something, right? she had inherited their mother's temper.

she doesn't have long to mull it over before little bunnies dart out this way and that, one cutting between solomon and her sister. she takes off after brilliance but her attention is trained on the rabbit, and she doesn't notice when her sister beings to slow. she keeps barrelling until it's too late. solomon tries quickly to skid to a stop, but if brilliance doesn't move in time it's likely the sisters will smack comically together.

117 Posts
Ooc —
well, of course she doesn’t move. what kinda game is this? just as brilliance is turning her head, solomon crashes right into her rear—ha ha butt face will cross her mind later—and the girl stumbles a few steps and lands on her feet. “oof,” she says quietly, biting down on her tongue. “watch where you’re goin’!” she shouts as she tries to stand up, squirming out from beneath her sister.
45 Posts
Ooc —

she tumbles over entirely, bowling over brilliance until they come to a stop. she frantically makes to stand. solomon is not exactly a petitle little thing, and she doesn't want to crush her sister. thankfully, they are puppies and solomon wouldn't have been able to crush her anyway. her face contorts and she sticks her tongue out at brilliance, squinching her eyes shut. maybe don't slow down so fast next time!

117 Posts
Ooc —
brilliance rolls her eyes, which likely goes unnoticed when solomon squinches her eyes shut. the rabbits are gone and they have nothing to eat. she’s only sorta hungry and had reacted simply out of instinct; she’s kinda relieved they didn’t catch anything.

“lesgo home,” she decides after a quiet moment. she’s too embarrassed and put off by being stumbled over and she can hear flesh tearing in her ears, haunting her from before and what she may have done to the rabbits had she caught one.
45 Posts
Ooc —

she's worried that she's screwed up again, that she's done something wrong. her ears flatten and her mouth falls, and she moves to her sister's side.
are you sure, she says gently, though she makes no move to stop brilliance from heading that way.

117 Posts
Ooc —
“yes,” she tells her sister and keeps going without missing a beat. eventually, she settles down, but her fun as been spoiled by the sudden collision and outside of bracken no longer has any appeal. occasionally, she glances back at her large sister but for the most part she makes the trip in silence.