Phoenix Maplewood pls&ty
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona was ordered (told) to find @Sunny by the Alpha, Aditya. He mentioned assigning the burned male as her 'Mentor,' and as much as she felt it wasn't needed, she reluctantly went searching. She simply can't go against what she was told. 

Thus the dark bastard wandered around Maplewood until she stumbled upon Sunny, somewhere. Where was he?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny was currently by the stream, wading into the water to attempt to catch the fish swimming around before he spotted Desdemona's approach. He gave a disappointed look down at the stream before climbing out, his leg fur dripping and plastered to his muscles. He greeted her with a smile that turned into a sheepish grin "Welcome officially Desdemona. I...do wanna request you don't bow to me. It's real nice and all but I prefer to consider everyone my equal. My friend."  he said warmly and then sat down "Is there anything I can do for you?"
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She nodded, and the dame was about to give a salutational bow before she heard his request. Desdemona furrowed her brows, but complied with a "yes sir." It felt odd that these wolves do not do the more formal ways she is used to... It felt uncomfortable, she felt the need to do it regardless.

"Thy Alpha gave orders to find you, sir'," she was actually told rather nicely to find him, but Desdemona could only see them as orders, "to request your mentorship toward myself." Her legs twitched, as she really did want to dip herself down with a 'it'd be my honor if you could,' but he didn't want her to bow, and she wasn't sure if he would accept the task to be her mentor. Nontheless the dame dutifully carried out the business to ask this of him. She felt pleased to do so.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He would try to slowly work with her to not be so formal first of all. She acted like someone who was going to get beaten if they messed up and was used to it. She was so scared and rigid and just...submissive. It kind of hurt his heart. His brain went back to his and Aditya's previous conversation, how he was to help lead and take over the comfort of everyone in the pack and the hunting. This must be his first task. "Sure thing! You're an adult though so I won't mentor you like a child. I've been promoted to take charge of teaching new recruits and making everyone comfortable as well as leading all hunts." he wanted to reassure her that he wasn't going to be hovering over her like a hawk and acting like she was incapable of doing things.

He motioned for her to sit "Make yourself comfy. I'll start by telling you about how things work here." he said with a smile and slid down until he was laying in an upright position. "Morningside was started by my dad, Grayday. Me and Dawn are his kids, you haven't met her yet she's um..busy. He took us from our old pack to wander but began to want to make his own home, where everyone could be happy. He found a beautiful territory and gathered followers quickly, allowing him to make Morningside in good time. Its a place where your rank doesn't nescessarily mean you have power and boss everyone. Everyone cares about one another here, we all have one another's backs." he spoke warmly, it brought him happiness to be able to tell the story of how his dad founded Morningside. He gave pause to see if she wanted to comment.

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
He was promoted? Desdemona eyebrows ceased into thought, as she didn't know if that meant he was an Alpha, or Beta, or... Should she change 'sir' back to 'my liege?' Though she remained silent on her question, hoping to mention it later while dutifully listening to the story.

Though it seemed to only add to her confusion, once she sat down she had a rather noticable frown upon her face. She didn't know her usual pokerface wasnt at it's prime. His father was the Pack's leader? Then shouldn't he be either, Alpha, or at most the heir? It was a overall nice story, but Desdemons was far more focused on the more formal issues then the foundation of the Pack. Of course she wouldn't let it simply slip from her mind, but...

Ranks were the key focus at the moment. It was what her life focused around, "my liege," she decided to use that title, seeing as he was promoted as well as the child to Morningside's founder, "please excuse my rudeness of a question." Even if he gave her a moment to comment or ask, it was simply how she spoke. Her polite and rigid nature wouldn't simply cease itself, "I am having an issue on how ranks work and stand, my liege."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He noticed the frown upon her face and his brow drew with concern. She began by addressing him like she had done to Aditya and he flicked his ears but remained silent to allow her to continue. Her question gave light to why she seemed so different, she came from one of those packs where everything revolved around Hierarchy and status. "You'll never be considered rude for asking a question here. How else are you supposed to learn to understand something?" he soothed before going silent and trying to think of a way to put it. 

"A lot of packs are run different than those based solely off status. Our ranks go by who works the hardest, earns their way up by participating. Not by who is the meanest, strongest wolf around. Aditya and Dawn and me are leadership, the most trusted, liked...and well the ones who know the most about Morningside. The rest of the adults are called Comrades except for joiners like you. Comrades are all equal but that doesn't mean you're looked down upon for being a joiner. Then there's pups. When a female is pregnant they get ranked as a den mother. But...the way it works is basically we all pull our weight and help one another but Me, Adi and Dawn are the ones you go to for Advice or trouble" he paused occasionally inbetween words, rambling a bit as he struggled to put it in a way she could understand. 

I hate when dialogue goes on like this, I'm so sorry!

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
its ok!!

The wolves in Morningside were too nice that she couldn't help feel she was wrong despite not doing anything. There was an uncomfortable yet warm feeling that occupied her chest, and she didn't know whether she liked it. It simply felt odd... Desdemona nodded along toward the answer to her question, as well as adjusting herself toward these unusual feelings.

Their ranking system was far from what she was used to. Maybe it also explained their kind characters, as instead of using gamma and delta of the sort, they simply called everyone a Comrade. Though simply because because she was raised with a different heirchy, Desdemona felt it was wrong. It sounded too nice to be true, that her gut battled in unease that this was wrong. Of course, she would never express this outloud and only silently listened with a serious gaze.

With a firm nod, "I understand my liege," from what he said the pack sounded like most were equal, but Desdemona could not yet break away from the formal titles, "I am ready to dutifully go toward any tasks that are presented."

'Morningside sounds... Delightful.' Words she would never say outloud, especially not in front of leadership, but they were her inner thoughts of the truth of this Pack. It truly seemed too good to be real. The warm words she thought dare not cross her facial features either, as she remained stoic and serious.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She expressed her understanding which brought him satisfaction though he did wish she would stop calling him such a title. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable or try to force her to change herself so he phrased it in a way he felt would seem like a request not an order "Whenever you're comfortable with it, I'd really like it if you just called me Sunny." he said and thought about what he could have her do. "If you can hang around and help me fish, I'd appreciate it. I haven't had much luck feeding everyone...even before the fire made us move. When we're done I'll show you the caches and you can get something to eat" he gave her a smile and stood up, turning and heading to the stream. "Just stand right here and when I toss one up, kill it" he spoke over his shoulder. 

He waded in slowly moving each foreleg with Caution so as not to disturb the fish. When he was deep enough he stood still, muzzle lowered and ready to grab as he looked like a statue tense and wary. When a fish came close he lunged for it,snatching it by the back of the head and crunching down lifting his head and tossing it onto shore by Desdemona.

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
It was an odd request- in her standards anyway. It was always mandatory to call the leaderships 'my liege,' and one asking to be addressed by his name seemed a bit... Unbearable for her. However she simply could not bring herself to address him by his name. Desdemona met his request with silence, not even giving him a nod, because she didn't want to disobey what he said, but she also felt trouble on not calling him as such. It was a dilemna.

"Yes sir'." She simply couldn't bear to call him, but compromised with a 'sir.' Maybe there would be a time she could properly say 'Sunny,' but it wouldn't be anytime soon. The ways she was taught are far too deep, that if she thought otherwise there were moments it made her physically react. Though it permanently effected her emotionally. Desdemona could still feel at times peircing eyes looking over to her with a judgemental gaze. She knew there was no one looking, but couldn't help but look back at times when she was alone. They taught her rather roughly one could say.

She followed what he said and stood by, patiently watching for a fish to appear. Desdemona was very dedicated once a task was told, and thus had a serious gaze while watching the male fished. She watched him skillfully stun the fish by attacking it's head first before tossing it in her direction. It made killing it easier as the fish would not move as much. She caught, and placed one dark paw down to keep it in place. Bending her head downwards, the dark dame tightly bit at it's head, especially near it's eye, so that her fangs directly touch the brain. Majority of animals, once you bite the brain, it goes down. Though she faintly remembers hearing that some chicken still walk after being killed... She wasn't sure if that was a myth or not.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's ear flicked as he caught her short reply, a laugh bubbling from his maw. It wasn't mocking or mean in any way, instead just an amused happy sound. As they worked together to fish he spoke in a very quiet tone, just so he didn't disturb any more fish. "I can see you're scared....I know people don't get scared for no reason. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you that makes you so frightened" he went silent as another fish drifted closer, his eyes watching it closely. When it got close he lunged for it, jaws snapping to grab and repeat the same process as before.

Afterwards he spoke again in the same quiet voice "Nobody here will hurt you for any reason. It is the Morningside way to resolve things with words before violence. Nobody has ever been-" he paused remembering how he had attacked Dawn, a look of guilt and pain flashing across his face before he ducked it and continued  "Nobody has ever been harmed by another pack member here." he hoped his words were comforting to her and not the opposite. He once again focused on the fish hoping at least one more would come by.

dice roll for hunt success. Odds are miss evens are success. Roll: 6

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She listened, and watched before speaking up, "Sir," she said, "where I once was, they do not know the world of being 'equal.' One was either an omega... Or you weren't. I am the former." She said it as if it was a matter of fact, because to her it was. She opened up- in honesty she didn't mind sharing of her past, because... It was all she could think about. It defined her entire being, to how she acts, to how she stands, and how she speaks. They shaped her to this wolf.

Desdemona did not want to admit she was scared, and felt... She couldn't tell if it was disgusted, enraged, or simply a nauseating feeling, either way she didn't like it. She had to be strong to survive. She wanted others to see her as strong as well. She didn't like others percieved her this way, a frightened damsel, but perhaps it's her fault, "I don't understand Morningside," the wolf put it bluntly, "I don't understand how they work into this heirchy." She paused to repeat the process of killing the fish. She licked the sweet taste of a fresh kill from her maw, before turning her jade gaze toward Sunny. 

All she kept thinking is the past. She didn't really think on her future of the Pack, did she? "Sir'. Where I am from..." she paused to find the right words, "they use a rougher touch, to straighten out others. I would not be able to talk this much without aggression."

She could feel his words was an attempt to comfort her, and it felt warm. She wasn't used to this feeling, perhaps it was why Desdemona came just a bit open on why she was so frigid. It was something new to her, and she felt the need to grab onto this unusual feeling of warmth. As Desdemona was like a brick though, her expression held no emotion toward this rather touching moment. It might look a bit odd to outsiders on how serious she seemed.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The way she acted so timid and hesitant around him, was why he was so surprised when she began to open up toward him. He paused in his fishing and turned his complete focus upon her, taking in her words and findinf that they made him mad and sickened him at the same time. Omega. He knew what one was, the wolf considered the lowest. The wolf that was usually quiet and sweet that was seen as weak because of it and picked on by everyone. A slave to the pack that did the dirty work and was beaten up for stupid reasons. He watched as she killed the fish and opened his mouth, his voice tense as he tried not to show how disturbed he was. "I can understand your confusion. Morningside isn't like that at all. To become a respected member all we ask is that is that you help provide for everyone and do your part. Everyone is expected to. Nobody is considered an...omega." he tossed the word out like it was a foul tasting piece of food.

He studied her for a moment and gave her a soft smile "I can't expect or ask you to forget what they did to you. I do ask that you try to keep in mind that we will never ever hurt you for any reason. Unless of course you attacked one of us first. My mate Aliac...she is quiet and shy and anywhere else would probably be seen as weak...an omega. Here everyone respects and loves her. You are unique Desdemona, you don't have to be a fierce warrior or a mighty hunter....be who you want." he spoke in a gentle tone, the words flowing out before he even thought about them. It was one of those weird moments where Sunny showed wisdom and a deeper intellect than many believed he had. "Take your time discovering who you can be when you aren't being forced to cower and grovel by cruel wolves." he suggested and began to climb out of the water. "We're all here to help you. If anyone messes with you, come to me or Aditya" he said and wagged his tail, padding away a good distance and shook his fur out. "I can show you around now, or we can meet up another time and you can find yourself a den" he gave her the choice, prompting her to make a decision for herself.

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She watched in curiosity, but it did not spread to her face. She watched Sunny go through the different emotions through her tale, and quietly listened as he started to speak. Desdemona was a bit surprised at what little they ask for. What she knew previously, is that talent and speciality is quite valued, otherwise you are deadmeat- an omega. Though the word seemed to be disdained here, which gave the dark wolf a sense of relief, but she didn't know that such a relief would come. It even surprised herself.

She looked looked back, but continued in her silence. The past has been difficult to move from, as her arrival to Morningside has caused constant comparisons between the two packs. Perhaps his disdain however, stemmed from how his mate is. Though she found acceptance here and didn't become one... Desdemona hopes as well, to achieve that. To give her upmost loyalty, woild perhaps give this, "thank you sir."

She replied in gratitude, but was a bit awkward coming from such a serious demenour. It felt odd to hear this, and she didn't know if the feeling was. It felt strange.. Though a simple thank you was all she could muster through this.

Stoicly, she nodded to his proposal in understanding, "I am at your disposal, sir." Though, she felt her opinion did not matter, and did not make a choice. Choices were an unknown subject. All the words before touched her, but she continued in her ways. It's difficult to change in days.