Emberwood I'm just telling the truth
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

The Valento had not slept the past night, and he looked on with mild disdain as the first few rays of morning light began to peek over the horizon, night's curtain having been lifted from the sky. He'd travelled, through the late hours, to the the woodland beside the previous one - he noticed few differences, though there was a distinct increase of prey within this particular forest. Perhaps he could sneak within the undergrowth and leap upon an unsuspecting rabbit, but he was sure he'd been spotted already. Few other predators stalked the woods and so it would not surprise him to know that the prey were aware of his own presence.

Drawing out his tongue to flick over his incisors, the stone-grey male continued to slip betwixt the trees, gazing up as a few browning leaves rustled and then fell softly to the ground. Autumn was upon them.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Silence is a source of great strength...
17 Posts
Ooc —
The perfect feeling, night, for she was nothing then. Her cover was only blown by her white stained under eyes  as it stood out upon the background. The shadow princess slithered through the forest careful not to crunch the wilted, dried up leaves before light could shed its disgusting tentacles on the forest floor. She only halted when a hiding spot came into view, a tree had fell perfectly uprooted with a slight hole in the ground. 

Harmony made no noise as she descended down next to the tree. As the light she so dreaded came into view so did another wolf. She was careful to make no sound but she hunkered down a little more so she looked like a hunk of darkened soil from the tree. He seemed harmless but that wasn’t a risk she’d like to take.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
To most, the sun seemed to smile upon the land - soft beams of light caressing the tops of trees and lighting the path ahead, but to Soltero it seemed almost teasing, as though finding enjoyment in the silver wolf's struggle. His paws were beginning to feel heavy from lack of sleep, eyes droopy and dull. At least the rumbles of hunger had yet to touch his stomach, but still the weariness cursed his body. Soon enough, he'd need to settle down and take a long rest to restore the youthful energy that should still linger in his bones.

The young man slunk through the woodlands in silence, black, leathery nose lifting toward the paling sky to gather all the scents in through his nostrils - one in particular stuck out to him, carried upon the jaws of the wind. A wolf. Immediately his demeanor switched, body instinctively on high alert and apple green gaze scrutinizing the area around him. They were close. Perhaps he should have been more careful, traipsing through the wilderness nonchalantly, but now his body was ready to spring into action if the need arose. "Who's there?" A hoarse, husky voice rang out from his lips, ears tilting forward in hopes of discovering the presise location of the stranger hiden from sight.
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
Her eyes hollow, watched as he stopped to be alarmed. There was nothing to be alarmed about, she was no threat anymore. It was sort of fun to play around like so. He didn’t know she was there and that she wasn’t harmful but she knew full well what he was doing. The thrill had excited her. Her heart was racing and her pupils grew bigger. 

The shadow princess eyed him for a while. He seemed to have been tense and talked quite harshly. He reminded her of her late love, Cason, but she would never admit that to herself. It felt weird, to be able to mask herself but not have a mission to kill. It was a few moments before Harmony revealed herself, still skiddish toward him, she raised her head first and did a little snort. It was so he would know where she was and also sort of a greeting. Then she raised the rest of her muscular but still slender figured body. It was perfect for the killing.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Her pelt was that of charcoal, a shadow amongst the light and adorned with eyes of different colours; beneath those eyes lay pillows of white, as though eternally crying. Unusual, intriguing, he pondered to himself, though there was no emotion written plainly on his masculine features. The smoky traveller's gaze followed each of her movements with careful suspicion, acutely aware of how little he could trust a stranger such as she, but to her greeting, his head dipped shortly. He wanted no delays to come in the way of his mission, and Soltero believed he possessed the information he needed at the present time, so he found he had little use for the young woman who had strolled upon his path. And yet... the wolf did not take his leave, not yet.

"Who are you?" The voice rumbled from the depths of his chest - not cold or commanding, but distinctly untrustworthy, for the boy trusted not a single soul alive as of yet, not even those he was in search of.
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
Harmony had tilted her head, he was interesting. This male was just as alarmed as she, if not more than her, but was willing to speak to her. It seemed a bit odd. It was a minute before she shook her head at his question. It wasn’t who she was because she was already here. He was in her space. 

The shadow princess trotted forward only to circle him for him for a moment her fluffed up tail brushed the underside of his chin. He seemed young like her. A toothy smile became evident as she sat in front of him and batted her glowing eyes. A flick of her ears ended her round about. Her body language clearly spoke, she wasn’t about to let him in, but he could speak to her and she would be listening intently.

sorry if these posts aren’t good, I’m sick.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Naw, they're good :) Hope you're better soon!

No words tipped from her lips, leaving a solid silence between the pair, but it concerned the Valento very little - his communication skills were not of the highest standard, and he felt as though meaning enough could be gauged from their eyes and gestures alone. The young man's orbs of vivid green had already locked onto hers, as though attempting to decipher the odd girl's motives in replacement for the lack of speech. She was... mysterious, to say the least.

His senses became heightened as she began to dance around his figure, soft tail sweeping against the underside of his chin and causing him to flicker his gaze toward the stranger in suspicious curiousity. The smoky male watched her intensely, ears cupping forward as her own did, but his mind went blank as he came to the conclusion he could collect not even scraps of potential queries - he had gathered enough information from the other stranger, so what would he need here?

"You... don't speak?" The gruff words sounded from his chest, reverberating like the deep boom of thunder from a stormy night's roars. He was mildly intruiged, for this girl was unlike most he had come across, with her peculiar eyes (both the mismatched colours and streaks of white that fell from them) and lack of speech.
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
Harmony watched him closely, her paws ready to lift her up easily at any given time so she could flee through the forest away from the stranger that had fell into her space. Her eyes were glued on him not moving and not blinking. It was clear that it was a stare of a thousand emotions. She need not to talk as she was an open book.

A name is just that, a label given to you by someone that is supposed to give you love not teach you to kill, so Harmony didn’t believe in names she believes that every wolf has a personality that tells others whatever they need to know. By names and talking you judge by hearing but with silence and no label you judge by your heart and eyes. She believed in this thoroughly.

The shadow princess was able to nod or shake her head in response to questions though, that much she would give someone. So to his question she shook her head no sternly. If ever she talked it would be rare and to someone she could trust with her life. She looked away to the ground and then back at him. This gaze clearly sent a message, ‘I’ve been hurt before’, and she blinked after a moment and the look was gone.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He could count a thousand emotions in her eyes and yet could lay a finger on none, like an open book filled with a billion blurred words. The silvery man came quickly to the conclusion that he should not expect a single word to fall from her muzzle, and accepted the fact in solemn silence. It was not entirely a one-sided conversation despite this; Soltero could discern that she was listening and understood his words at least to some degree, for she shook her head to the traveller's enquiry with a look plain to understand. From those glittering eyes he could almost glimpse a swarm of lost arrows that had struck painfully where they should not have, and he assumed quickly that she had suffered in the past - it was not a revelation to him, for he knew loss and hurt all too well, and perhaps it showed in his own eyes for a few heartbeats as he gazed back, contemplating what to say.

"...Are you... are you from around here?" Perhaps she could reassure the brute that his previous helper had not mislead him, if she was familiar with the area, though a small part of the Valento was too intruiged to take his leave if yet whether she could provide him with answers or not.
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
By now he should have left shouldn’t he? The reason she vowed not to ever talk was so she didn’t have to be close with anyone again, others love to talk she on the other hand hates it. He seemed to not be bored with her yet. Alarms went off in her mind, was he teasing her? Trying to somehow play games? She had so many questions that only he could answer. 

Her brow furrowed as he asked her another question. She shook her head no again. She had only been in these foreign lands for a couple months now and even these lands had promised to betray her. The language was far different from her own back home but she had grown to understand it since stepping foot off the boat. She longed for the day when she could be at peace, be able to feel like she could live life again but she knew that day was a long ways away if even in the future.

Harmony had many questions for him. She wanted so bad to mouth a question but instead she drew her head down stuffing her muzzle to her chest shyly as she thought about it.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She confused him greatly. Her gaze was swimming with unasked questions, and he silently begged for her to speak up - he wanted to know what was about to roll off her tongue, what was waiting just out of grasp, but the girl remained as silent as a ghost. Soltero's lips tilted downward in a frown, taking a few heartbeats to ponder his options. "You can speak, if you wish. I will listen." Perhaps she was afraid, though of what the smoky traveller could not understand - of him? Surely this was not the case, for she had brushed her tail under his chin and invited him to speak his own mind; what was it that blocked her words?
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
She wondered if mouthing the words would break her vow. Her heart was racing, like a horse trying to win the Kentucky derby, it was making her feel a bit light headed. For a minute she just took a deep breath to calm herself still not letting her eyes look up to him. After a moment of thought she made the decision.

Why are you out here?, she mouthed after she brought her head up. Now her heart was really thudding against her chest. She was considerably hot as she waited for him to answer. So many memories were being passed through her mind as she sat there. She shuffled her paws slightly as she felt a bit embarrassed.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She seemed to be at war with herself, thoughts battling within her skull out of her control - after a deep breath, she at last made attempts to communicate through words. Though no sound spilled from her muzzle, only rough shapes dancing across her lips; it took a great silence and plenty of squinting for the smoky traveller to gauge what she was trying to say, unfamiliar with the lack of speech, though after a while of focusing he believed he understood. "I am searching for someone - my uncle."

Then, wraught with curiousity, he added, "What about you?"
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
It was awkward, the silence that fell between the two as he tried to read her lips. Her cheeks were in the beginning stages of hearing up when he spoke about trying to find his uncle. The heat didn’t leave but rather got a little hotter. He tried hard to see what she was saying, that meant something. A single nod was what she gave in return to his answer. 

Why am I out here?, she asked herself in her mind. Well, there could be millions of answers to give him but some might scare him off and if she was to be honest she liked his company. It felt right. I am trying to find myself after a horrifying past life, she mouthed to him. It was hard to think about even giving him a way to see the words but she managed. She always manages...
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He struggled again to read her lips, straining to make out the silent words - it was a thing that intruiged him greatly, for he'd never encountered one without the ability to speak. Or at least, one who perhaps refused entirely to form sentences; maybe it was the way she'd grown up, or a habit cursing her lips from fear. Either way, the smoky young man watched her mouth carefully, repeating potential words within his mind before he was mostly certain of what she was trying to say.

"I see," the deep voice replied, thinking it a rather dismal thing - he knew what it was like, to lose yourself, and maybe it was this that blocked speech. "I wish you the best of luck, then." Truthfully, he did; she seemed a sweet lady, at heart, and the troubles of the world were great. It displeased him to imagine that she would not find herself, would remain lost and timid.
But the rain never came
17 Posts
Ooc —
She was surprised to meet a man who was as nice as him who reminded her of her late mate also. It was a nice surprise nonetheless. He bidded her a farewell with good wishes. It was nice to hear from a stranger, because she was honestly lost not in the wilds but within herself. Hopefully one day they would run into each other again and she would feel more comfortable. Enough to speak maybe. 

A single nod was what she gave and a slight smile before she turned to leave. A few pawsteps forward and she looked back. Still surprised that she had met someone so nice she was off to find a better place. The forest was nice but she was sure there was other places around that she could explore.
(If ever talks) Russian
Mouthing