Duskfire Glacier turns you into stone
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Takiyok if you have time?
She's more anxious about her new home than she wants to admit, and before long her restless feet take her wandering. The yearling trails silently through the trees along the base of the mountain, without purpose or destination; it's not much of a change from her daily life, not yet, but she feels inexplicably confined by her own aimlessness. Something catches her eye at the base of the mountain, and for the moment she forgets her agitation.
Her inspection reveals an entrance carved out of the stone; it's dimly lit and the air is stale, but she presses forward without thought. Shadows smother the deeper portion of the tunnel until it opens into a cavern where cracks of light spill through the high, jagged stone ceiling. It's small, and within it she finds several more openings, assuming each must lead somewhere deeper into the mountain. She chooses one at random and continues on, her steps quick and light.
Moments later, her feet touch cold water, and she freezes for a beat at the small splash against her legs. It's a thin stream, settled comfortably into a path it seems to have worn into the ground with time and persistence. She follows it, paying little mind to the path she takes or her future task of exiting the place; there's little occupying her thoughts now, and she finds she likes it that way. There is only this cramped dark tunnel and the frigid water at her feet and the cool mist in the air around her— blissfully uncomplicated.
"Common" | "French"
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki didn't spend much time in the den she had claimed as her own. She didn't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, and she usually preferred to be outside where she could intercept any danger that might find its way into their territory. This afternoon, she had decided to take a quick nap, and her den offered a dark place to do that. When she woke, she stood and stretched before making her way out into the the tunnel that led to the main cavern and then to the main opening. 

For the first few minutes, the only sounds were her footsteps against the stone and the occasional splash of water when one of her paws landed in the tiny rivulet that moved through the tunnel. The footsteps of another reached her ears at the same time she scented the female. She sighed. It was the new wolf Sia had recruited. He had given her a heads up, and Taki had recognized her scent from the patrol she had done earlier that day. Well, she should probably get this over with anyway, so why not now. 

She rounded the corner where the tunnel took a sharp curve to the left, and was met with the sight of the dark female not too far ahead of her. She was already walking towards Taki, so she continued moving forward to meet her, assuming the female had seen her as well.
Inuttuk
Common

272 Posts
Ooc —
It's difficult to miss the approach of another through the quiet tunnels. The yearling's ears perk slightly, and she slows for a few beats to lift her nose to the air. She's scented this woman throughout the territory, but she has yet to meet her. Only a moment after she decides to introduce herself, the other wolf appears from around a corner.
She stops only a few feet from her, chuffing softly and dipping her head in greeting. It's not quite bright enough to see the other in detail, but she's beautiful; the inkstain refrains from voicing this thought, aware of and for once concerned with the offense it could cause. After all, the woman is likely related to Siarut— he certainly didn't invite her here to flirt with his family. Instead she waits for the other to set the tone for their introduction, gaze full of curiosity.
"Common" | "French"
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
When the dark female stopped and offered a silent greeting, Taki stopped as well, deciding they were close enough. She studied the other wolf for a few seconds before finally asking, Sia's new recruit, right? in her accented common. She had forgotten the name her brother told her earlier, too preoccupied with the prospect of having to make an attempt to open up to yet another stranger. But, she supposed that was something she had agreed to do when she accepted the position as Sia's second. I'm Takiyok, Siarut's sister. She added with a curt nod.
Inuttuk
Common

272 Posts
Ooc —
The woman speaks in the same thick accent as Siarut, though it's little surprise. She nods at the question, immediately recognizing the name she provides— this is Siarut's second, then. Myrren, She offers, briefly wondering if this is her name now; she hasn't spoken her true name aloud in so long, perhaps it's no longer a name of hers at all. The wolves of IkKanattuk will only know her as Myrren, and she can't decide if she likes that or not. I met Siarut while your group was traveling.
It's a pleasure to meet you, Takiyok, She tells her, offering a half-smile. That the Malġuk doesn't seem exactly pleased with their meeting is not lost on her, but the yearling hardly expected to be welcomed with open arms, in the same way she expects nothing to be easy. After a beat, she can't help but add: This is a beautiful claim. I've seen many lands, but this is among the most enchanting.
"Common" | "French"
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Myrren. She connected the name with the inky female's scent. She went on to explain that she had met Sia while they were traveling to the glacier. Her older brother may be just as reticent as she was, but he was a lot more social. It was something she had always noticed, but she had witnessed it first hand while they were making their way to their new home. While she spent most of the trip being aloof and stressed out, he had been out recruiting new wolves. He was always more stoic about his anxieties than she was, that was for sure. 

Taki merely nodded politely when the other woman said it was a pleasure to meet her, unsure what to say but not wanting to be rude. She very much agreed with Myrren's last statement; Taki was in love with this place. Beautiful it is. she replied. When I found it, I knew it was our home, she added with a hint of emotion in her citrine gaze. She had definitely been enchanted by the land the first time she arrived here, enough to make the journey a second time with her family in tow.
Inuttuk
Common

272 Posts
Ooc —
Her ears pull forward slightly as she listens to Takiyok, eyes brightening a little. You discovered this place, She murmurs, half-questioning; then, a little louder: Do you travel often? She's genuinely interested to know — travel is her passion, and to find another kindred spirit within the pack could perhaps help settle her own restless bones.
After all, the pale woman is present enough to lead, is she not? Already the yearling admires her in a sense, at least from her first impression; perhaps that will change, but she's content to think of her leaders in a positive light for now. No need to rush to find flaws with her new home.
"Common" | "French"
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki nodded her snowy head at her new packmate's question. I did. I made the first journey to the glacier on my own before leading everyone else here, she answered. I used to travel a lot, but since assuming the position of Sia's second, I haven't been able to do it as much as I'd like to, she added with a shrug. She didn't regret the decision at all, but she very much missed having the freedom of being able to leave on a scouting mission and be gone for days. She had been traveling to the glacier's surrounding territories periodically whenever she could no longer ignore the itch to explore, but it wasn't really the same. Is traveling something you enjoy, as well? Taki asked with an inquisitive raise of her eyebrow. Maybe they had something in common and it would make all of this getting to know each other a little easier.
Inuttuk
Common