Whitebark Stream run wild
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
Desdemona came to Morningside adruptly, that she simply did not care of the surrounding areas. In the moment she was so focused to find a place, that she had yet to get the chance to actually see what was around them. She felt it would be in her best interest if she saw the landscape around, instead of being in the dark. It wouldn't be good if she was completely naive, what would happen the time they sent her outside of the Maplewoods? The dark dame didn't want to seem like baggage and need to rely on someone. She wanted to be ready if they sent her on errands alone.

Though she didn't go far. After all she was prepared to come if anyone beckoned her for a task, and especially felt so since she was still so new. Desdemona followed a stream that was inside Pheonix Maplewoods, and led a bit outward. The clear water let her jade eyes wander into it at times, watching the unique wildlife in it. She sometimes found herself simply memorized by the beauty and peace, that she kept forgetting that the dark wolf went out to study the area. Not have fun. Speaking of which, she doesn't even know the streams name...
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Once upon a time, Shivali had been eager to see the world. Her paws traveled her all over the place back home until she felt she touched every inch with her own four feet. Leaving her family behind had been a surprisingly easy decision and finding herself back, tied to her family once more, often feels like she isn’t who she had once been. A short span of a few months turned her entire life upside down and the draw she once felt to the wilds outside the confines of their home isn’t there anymore. Sometimes, she forces herself past the borders to expose herself to the surrounding area but the desire has long since died away. Perhaps traveling with a herd of young children needing to be carried, fleeing for their safety had been enough to deter her.

Today, however, is one she forces herself away. The lake is an easy place to go to but she continues along the bank as it flows into a river and even more so into a stream. In the distance a dark figure catches her attention and she watches it, nose scenting the air for clues for familiarity as they grow nearer to the Maplewood (unaware Mornigside has moved entirely into the territory), the smell of smoke and dry fruit coat her fur that contradicts what knowledge she has of the pack that claims her.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She was not aware of neighboring wolves, being far too knew to Teekon Wilds. Her priority was to find a Pack, and she did not even had the slightest thought to adventure ownward to the unknown lands. When Desdemona saw a white figure, her first instinct was to snarl in defense toward an 'intruder,' but she remained calm, noting this was not Morningside's territory. She gazed at the snow wolf with a cool and indifferent gaze, giving a small nod toward her. She felt wary of this wolf, especially since there were other scents mixed toward her, but she did not show it. It wasn't wise to start trouble on open land, especially one she does not know if it has been claimed or infested with hostile canines. The bastard child only stared after giving a small dip of the head, then waited for the newcomers first move.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The other does not offer any inclination of their friendliness and at first, Shivali picks up a paw to retreat; she is not stupid enough to linger in danger. Her puppies may not be attached to her at the breast anymore, but that does not mean they do not need her and that she does not need to be in good shape to keep up with them. Before she has chance to turn, though, she’s greeted with a slight nod. The pale woman stares across the distance for a moment and watches the dark female, uncertain what to make of the greeting. The common tongue is not her most versatile but she can read body language and the stiffness is not forgotten. Still, the mother keeps her distance and returns the dip of her head in her own greeting.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona found the situation to be odd, as neither wanted to initiate a conversation. The two were wary at each other, and perhaps it was because they both were on neutral grounds, neither being in their usual territories. That was her case, but she did not know if it was the same for the female that was a few distances away.

"Are you from a nearby Pack?" She spoke with a serious coolness as Desdemona addressed the female. She had thought perhaps it was best to be more aware of who was around. She had no idea if there were other wolves nearby.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The dark woman is the first to speak and she watches her for a moment. Pack? is the gist of what she understands and carefully, Shivali nods her head. Many scents carry over from the other and she assumes the same of the other. “Ikkanattuk,” she answers, lifting her head a little. She turns her nose toward the peak in the distance behind her before her attentions return to the stranger. “I am Shivali,” she says thick accented and clunky. With a raise of her brow and dip of her nose, she returns the question: you?
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She looked toward the wolf curiously, 'Ikkanattuk?' The word did not easily come out, and struggled just to say it in thought. Though it was a Packs name- the only one she heard of that was not of her own. The dame felt curious on them.

"I am Desdemona of Morningside." She answered cooly, watching the wolf in a stoic manner.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Morningside. It doesn’t ring a bell but she gravitates toward the pack that found them in the maplewood, only because she is so close already. She does not realize they’ve moved into the territory completely. She keeps her distance, just in case.

“Where Morningside?” she decides to ask. Neither are going to budge while they’re teetering the line of politeness and standoffish. She doesn’t know where they reside in the first place when they’d taken residency for a few nights on their hunting grounds. They’d protected what they claimed is theirs without true claim. They did not bed there each night. Resentment settled deep in her bones when they’d been forced out, no matter how much she can see their end of things. She’d been exhausted, hungry, and facing the wearing looks of her children, telling them they do not get to rest, doesn’t easily leave once imprinted in the first place.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
hope you don’t mind me jumping in! Sorry for the phone post

While he mostly let his sisters dwell amongst themselves in the caverns, Siarut did check on them every so often. It was a habit, and it award him some semblance of comfort to see his family in good spirits and healthy. His visits however were few and far between, and often only awarded him a glimps or two of the pups and one of his litter mates. With the pups growing older and learning important skills from their respective mothers, they spent less and less time within the caverns.

It was on one of these rare visits that Siarut found the den devoid of either sister. Curiousity struck him and he ventured out toward the scent of Shivali, whom he hadn’t seen in sometime. Strangely her scent drifted past the safety of the claim and west, along the outflow of the lake. Sia knew his sister wandering used to be even more pronounced than his own, yet she seemed to have shed her itchy feet after her children had been born.

Her adventures were always interesting and Siarut had a sudden longing to join her for a journey out of pleasure rather than necessity. With this in mind he tracked her scent, following the burbling water as it spilled down hill over the river rocks.

With further surprise he caught his sister amidst a hesitant conversation with a stranger. The dark woman proving yet again that only shaded wolves lurked these areas. Her pelt was a contrast to the two northerners.

“Shivali?” He chuffed quietly as he came up behind her, not wanting the frighten his sister. The girl before them was struck with the scent of smoke, underlined by Aditya and Dawn. Quirking his head to the side, Siarut was a little more apprehensive about the girl. While Morningside and IkKanattuck were on slightly better terms, they were by no means allies. Sia doubted they ever would be. For the moment, they tolerated each other.

Biting his tongue, he waited patiently to piece together any conversation he had missed.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
it cool! i'm usually phone post too LMAO

Desdemona pointed her snout to behind and answered, "Phoenix Maplewoods." She was relatively new, and only vaguely knew how there was a fire and Morningside had to move. Though she did not know their previous claim yet, and assumed there would be a day she would seek it out. However what her mindset focused on, was guarding the current borders for those who wandered a bit too near, or requested to meet with those who dwelled in the forest. Today, was a rare occasion of stepping out, which happened to let her meet an unknown wolf.

"Where is your pack?" The word IkKanattuk took trouble to pronounce, and thought better to avoid the word until a better grasp on saying it. Desdemona didn't want to be rude, nor embarrass herself for being unable to say it... But she was also curious on where they were located, for the lass has yet to know any nearby wolves. It was best to note them in case she was sent out on a task, and wouldn't want to set in their borders.

Though after she asked a question, another stranger came to the area; one that looked similar to Shivali. They seemed like opposites to Desdemona, as she was a dark sleek wolf, but they seemed white and plush. Perhaps it was a common trait in their pack, she momentarily concluded. As the two smelled similar she did not put up hostility and remained stoic. She gave a nod of greeting toward him, but remained silent to his entrance.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Desdemona answers the question and points behind here in the maplewood. Shivali looks passed her as if she can see right through the world between them. That had been where they’d taken a rest for the day. Did they move? Did another pack swoop in and take it.

She’s about to ask the question, parting her lips, when she instead asks her own question. A frown pulls at her lips, turns her head, and points to the peaks in the distance. “There, between mountains,” she clarifies should the earlier gesture been misinterpreted. “I do not know the word, um, big ice?” is all she offers before she turns back, hearing something behind her. Shivali blinks several times at Siarut, brows knit between her dark eyes, questioning why he has followed her here.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

For the moment he ignored his sisters confused gazed. He supposed it might seem as though he followed her to spite her. Apparently he couldn't never seek out anyone's company purely for the sake of their company. The woman's nod was returned after a moments hesitation.

"A Morningsider I would presume." Siarut wasn't exactly sure how to feel at this encounter. He had met with Aditya barely a week prior, he knew of the fire and their stay at the Maplewood. He hadn't told his family of the revelation, seeing as not many of them travelled this far. Not to mention they were supposedly on friendlier neutral terms. "Morningside is the pack we encountered on the way to the glacier." This statement wasn't made to cause a dispute, rather to inform his sister of the facts. "They recently survived a wild fire."

"How do you fair, after the fire?" Siarut wasn't actually all that curious, although he still wondered about the children that had gone missing. Had they been found? This member, he was unfamiliar with, only Aditya and Dawn held recognition in his mind. This ebony woman was filed away with his facts about Morningside.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona's ears twitched at Shivali's struggle to find the right vocab. She presumed by it her language was different then her own, but she did not mind that. Everyone came from somewhere with different cutlures, and she who was from a different one, was accepted into a Pack that was very unlike her origins. Though while not showing it, she was a bit surprised on where Shivali said. Big ice perhaps equals to glacier, but the dark wolf did not know there was glaciers nearby... It seems she really does need to scout outward more.

She confirmed Siarut's assumption, "I am Desdemona of Morningside." Introducing herself once again, but to a different wolf. She was a wolf of courtesies, and did not mind repeating it. While he did not give his own name, she did not comment on it and only listened to his next words. There was a slight curiosity displayed in her detatched gaze, for they spoke a language she has never heard of. It confirmed her suspicions though they came from somewhere else- where, she could not know. Nor' would she ask, as it was not her business.

"I only came to the Maplewoods after the incident," Desdemona confessed to being a newcomer, "but they are fairing well." If there was missing wolves, she did not know. There were many facts the wolf has yet to be informed with, and she only knew bits of Morningside's origins. Other then that, the answers they might seek could not be from her.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Siarut knows right away who stands before them—at least, where they’re from. The woman introduces herself to her brother and she looks between them, then listens as he tells her the fate of Morningside. Her head lifts a little and she freezes her expression when a smirk starts to form, resting it something neutral. The wolves got what they deserved in the fact of a starving, weary family and justice came full circle. Unaware the leaders have come to visit the glacier, she finds a sick enjoyment in their suffering.

While her brother takes over the conversation, Shivali takes a step back and remains silent. She’d been struggling with the conversation to begin with and she doesn’t have time to address how much she’s fallen into Siarut’s shadow since she’d reunited some months ago. With a deep breath, she lowers her rump to the ground and allows them to talk without her for a while.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He caught his sisters look, and couldn't help but agree. He was glad that she understood the karma that had fallen between the two packs. Now they stood as the strength, while their former dominators were driven from their own home. Siarut had been diplomatic when addressing Aditya, the man had eaten his pride and done what was best for his pack by venturing toward the glacier for help. With the quick quirk of his head Siarut acknowledged the woman's name.

If she had any sense she might report their encounter back to the leader of her pack, whom the pale brute knew to be Aditya. Seeing as Aditya knew him, Siarut figured the woman could learn his name from an alternative source, so there was no harm in revealing it to her. "Siarut of IkKanattuk." Dipping his head to properly greet her.

"Do you know how long you will be occupying the Maplewood?" He wasn't sure if the stay was permanent or not, but it was worth asking. They were awfully close for a pack on less than favorable terms, even if it wasn't necessarily hostile. The fact that they were doing well conflicted Siarut, but he kept his thoughts to himself, keeping a neutral facade.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Her jades slowly looked at Shivali. While not showing it, she was curious and confused on why a wolf she just met- showed that kind of expression. Desdemona was no fool, and knew these changes appeared only after she revealed herself as a Morningsider. Did something happen between the two groups in the pass? Though they showed no hostility, just a guard if anything. The dark wolf remained silent on the thoughts, she didn't want to start something from her assumptions.

She moved her gaze back to Sairut and gave a nod of acknowledgement toward him. "They decided to move there, as the previous home is in ashes."  The area was inhabitable, and the Morningside wolves knew this. They didn't like it, but Pheonix Maplewoods was the new campgrounds for them. As a wolf who didn't live in the previous home, she didn't feel the same discomfort as most of them, and found the woods an enjoyable place, '

"I do not know if they plan to return once nature takes back the plains from the fire." Desdemona felt it take many cycles for the area to grow back, and as the next seasons were getting close, fall and winter, it would not be easy. Though she confessed her unawareness toward the pack wolves.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali doesn’t have much to add to the conversation. She doesn’t have the confidence in her native tongue to continue when Siarut has a handle on the situation. Still, she listens and makes out what she cans as her brother asks about their plans. Dark eyes drift between the pair in silence as they exchange. The location of their former home had been unknown to her and their distance (or closeness) didn’t really matter before but she knows where the maplewoods are now and she doesn’t know if she feels better or worse knowing exactly where they are. The other woman, however, hadn’t been with them very long, it seems, and she can hardly hold her accountable but her distaste for them in general still remains.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
phone post!

He wasn’t overly pleased wit the answer provided, although glad that one had been offered. “I see.” His neutral tone was evident. Noticing his sisters silence he turned her way slightly to see if she had understood the response.

He wasn’t sure how to feel. They were closer, than originally anticipated, encroaching on the territory he claimed for his family. Yet they had tried to strike a neutral relation with the deposed pack. This was something that he would want to discuss with his sisters.

His question had been answered, and he found he nothing else to say. Glancing back at his sister, and then to the woman. He waited to see if she might have a question in return.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
There was silence between the wolves after the 'I see.' She wasn't sure on what to say as they didn't ask anymore questions, and she too was lacking of them. Desdemona felt an unusual tension between them too, finding that they had a new disaste toward her once she announced where she is from. They didn't show outright dislike, but felt the change from the female, and the displeasure at times from the male.

"Are Morningside and," she paused, hoping to be able to pronounce it right, "Ikkanattuk not on pleasant grounds?" Desdemona hadn't the faintest idea the wolves before were more of the upper ranks, and one being the leader, or else she would never directly ask these questions. She thought for the sake of knowing the surroundings better, it'd be fine to ask the 'members' if anything transpired between the two packs. She was new, and lacking information.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Siarut doesn’t have much to say to the dark woman’s words. When he glances back at her, she doesn’t alter her expression aside from a slight nod. She understands enough and if she needs, she’ll ask later. But Desdemona asks about their relationship and Shivali decides not to answer this one. Not because her common tongue is poor, but because she cannot make the judgment call. To her, they aren’t the best of friends when she and her children suffered and she cannot easily let that go. After a beat, her eyes turn from the woman back to her brother to see what he has to say.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Silence fell between the three of them, not surprising. He glanced over his sister's nod, this was something to discuss on the walk home perhaps. The dark woman's question was not unexpected, however he had to think of the proper response. Tilting his head to the side, he could see Shivali's eyes land on him curiosity in her eyes. They we both wondering the same thing. Thinking over everything that had happened. The maplewood, the fire, the plea for help, the desertion of one of their own.... There were many negatives to the positives.

Sia's eyes fixed to Desdemona, "Depends on who you speak with." He kept a stoic expression, preferring to keep his thoughts to himself. "There is an understanding of neutrality between us." For the moment. He had no reason to elaborate, to explain that their good terms stood solely on Aditya's back or that this was before he knew they were claiming the maplewood for more than just their hunting grounds. "We should head back soon." With the news he felt an urge to speak with his siblings about the Morningsiders.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
It seems there was an untold history between the two, that would not easily be spoken out loud. Desdemona didn't pry though, and nodded at the information given. She wasn't treated with pure hostility, but perhaps if it was a different wolf from their pack, another story would be told, "I see." was all she replied regarding it.

Jades casted toward the sky, and a peek behind her shoulders. The dark wolf felt it was enough for now, on expanding her horizons on the areas around. It has been a while since her last patrol as well... "I must bid you well," she said, looking at Siarut and Shivali, "I have to attend to my duties." Though before turning she awaited for any other responds or question they may ask of her, if not, Desdemona would lurk back to Morningside.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

skipping Shiv with permission

Giving a little nod of his head, Siarut agreed it was time to split ways. He was glad for the encounter and the information procured. "Don't let us keep you. He turned to Shivali silently asking if she wished to return, as he turned back he could see the woman leaving. He wished to return to the packlands, and so he started venturing that way. Pausing only to see if his sister was following.

feel free to archive this if you wish, this was my last post.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}