Duskfire Glacier the moon is falling down
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

It was the colder regions of the Teekon that sought her attention first, as her white paws trailed the rough ground - it felt familiar, and yet so new, so strange. She felt like an outsider to the whole world, having dipped in and out of this great expanse of land countless times before yet settling nowhere; the dove always managed to run away. To flee in her hopeless attempts to forget and start anew. The Eruna had long since come to the conclusion that she was only prolonging her suffering by tiptoeing away the second she could, and now, gazing out upon a miserable, darkening sky, she felt bitterly numb.

The ghost halted as she reached the fringes of the boundary, glancing up to witness a streak of pale light filter through a gap in the clouds before it was trapped and concealed again, as though a prisoner on the brink of escape. Her eyes stared dismally ahead of her now, locked in hesitance before tipping her head back to produce a summoning howl. When the song withered and died upon her lips, the pale woman darted her gaze back and forth in search of the wolves who claimed this as their home, anxiety settling like a stone in her stomach.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The malguk was patrolling the borders when the call halted her steps. It was not a howl she recognized, so she wasted no time in heading in the direction it had come. They didn't get many visitors at their borders, just the random loners in the surrounding territories that always became affronted when Taki questioned their intentions. It didn't stop her, though. She was territorial and didn't like unknown wolves near their borders without good reason to be there.

The sender of the call was a similarly colored wolf. Taki assumed probably a northerner like she and her family as well as a few of the other members. The glacier seemed to draw a certain type of wolf, but Taki understood; that's why they had settled here in the first place. When she was close enough to speak, she nodded her head and studied the female. I'm Takiyok, one of the leaders here. Do you need something? She wasn't sure of the stranger's intentions but wanted to make sure she didn't need aid. Help was something they would always offer.
Inuttuk
Common

427 Posts
Ooc —
Perhaps she was a sorry sight to curse the eyes - a fallen snow queen, who's kingdom had been lost and family stripped from her embrace. Who's friends had shrivelled away, leaving one lonely figure standing before the world hopelessly, nobody to guard her back while she fought off the sinister demons; they threatened terrible things inside the depths of her mind. Her eyes (of a deep ocean blue) had lost their former spark, born from the simplicity of youth, but followed the approaching wolfess with polite sincerity.

The Eruna took a short moment to assess the girl who had come to answer her call. The pair were similar in appearance, though this stranger was a touch taller and adorned with orbs of amber rather than the azure of the ghost's own. Takiyok. Idly, she comitted this name to memory though her mind was clouded, cluttered, and she was unsure how well it would stick. Adjusting her posture, the wanderer allowed her tail to fall low and her head to dip in respect, addressing the woman with naught but courtesy. "Pleasure to meet you. My name... is Gwen, I seek a home among your ranks if you will have me." Her voice sounded rough, as though no words had danced from her tongue for a great period of time, though there was a touch of gentle softness remaining despite all else.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki gave the female a quick nod in response to her introduction. The new wolf went on to explain that she wished to join their pack. The malguk studied the other wolf, noting the scars that were scattered across her body. We're always looking for strong, capable wolves to join our pack, she answered. Taki always associated scars with strength and so she already assumed Gwen would most likely be a good fit here. What skills do you have? she asked a moment later, her citrine gaze meeting the female's sapphire one. She was curious to see what this wolf would add to IkKanattuk. They always needed good fighters and hunters, especially now that winter was around the corner.
Inuttuk
Common

427 Posts
Ooc —
She had anticipated the question - the packs, they all sought knowledge of the traveller's skills, and expectedly so; what use was a talentless wolf, when winter was only a few breaths away and the world was growing colder? Though the fallen queen of ice bitterly deemed herself worthless regardless of any abilities, her strengths, she peered up and gave a clear answer, voice still rough but warming a touch as her throat relaxed. "I am a hunter, cazador, and a medic. I can aid mothers in birthing young, if that is something your pack is in need of, though I can also fight if the need should arise." Perhaps they would title her worthy enough to walk among their ranks, and she could warm her dull heart with the excitement of new life that she herself had not been given the chance to grow. Anything to fill the cracks, anything to numb the pain.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The malguk nodded. Hunters are always welcome. My sister, Tahani, is a medic as well, but I'm sure she would appreciate any help, she replied. If they needed help fighting, it seemed the female would be willing to give her aid there as well. Welcome to IkKanattuk, she said, turning a little to motion for the female to cross the borders freely. I can give you a tour if you'd like, she offered despite the fact that small talk with wolves she didn't know very well wasn't her most favorite thing to do. Or, feel free to explore on your own if that's easier for you, Taki added. The choice was Gwens and Taki would oblige accordingly. Siarut is my brother and the other leader here. Make sure to introduce yourself to him, as well, she added before falling silent and waiting for her new packmate's response.
Inuttuk
Common