Redhawk Caldera fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
For the quest "Tongue Over Teeth." Backdated two days.

Maegi had once been afraid to venture outside of the woods. Even now, she felt some trepidation. Her travels had started out purposeful and ended up in disaster--but wouldn't she have had the same result, going after Ramsay and Euron? Perhaps she wouldn't have ended up at the island, but she still would have been set adrift, cast away from home for moons and moons.

But she must be brave. Almost a year had passed since her birth, and it was time to grow up and face the world. So, with her slow, hobbling gait, she left the trees, heading across the prairie with a determined set to her face.

She began to regret the decision to head toward the mountain when she started to climb it, huffing and puffing just a quarter of the way up. The forest that blanketed the slopes was pretty enough, though, and she stopped to rest, lapping at a trickle that ran down from. . .well, wherever and whatever the top was.

Maegi lay down, chin dripping, and wished that the stream was big enough to fish. But then fish made her think of Undersea, and Rokig, and she got sad all over again.

So she thought of nothing, instead.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
He returned back to these lands. What had pulled him back was unknown but he was here nonetheless. Any prior ties had been cut with sharp scissors. He was not a new man, he just merely had no time for old things.

Time had rebirthed him.

Perhaps that was why he challenged himself with such rough terrain. Granted he would learn soon enough he was not the only one here. His limbs ached yet he kept pushing on. Foolish perhaps. Especially mentioning he was a loner with no means to care for himself. If he broke or bent something he would be as such. Kalganov was willing to pay the price.

A slumped figure caught his attention. They looked so peaceful. Sadly he had never been one for keeping peace. Anything worthwhile?
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
A voice startled her out of her meditation, and she jumped slightly, twisting her head to glare at him. A pale wolf, dusted with ebony. Green, impassive eyes. She hadn't seen him before, and wondered why he disturbed her now, instead of simply moving on.

"You tell me," she retorted, voice a little husky from disuse. "I've never been here before. Was trying to get to the top, but--" She jerked her chin upward in illustration, gazing up the slope. There was no end in sight.

"Who are you?" Maegi countered, tilting her head slightly to peer his way. "Anything I can help you with?" Her voice was still markedly unfriendly, though cooling a bit now after the fright he had given her. Inwardly, she cursed herself for being surprised in the first place.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
His lips formed a small O shape as his eyes wandered to where she had pointed. It was a decent climbed that he had not talk time to consider. He did not comment on it though. The ache in his legs was his own internal dialogue for himself.

A brow softly raised at her questions. Nosy little thing. He supposed he had brought that upon himself and he couldn't say he'd be much different if the roles were reversed. Kalganov. He introduced plainly. There was no warm welcoming expression anywhere on him. Granted it was worth noting he was not completely closed off from interaction either. And I don't need anything. Thought I'd just get to know the locals. He said with a smile that didn't seem to reach his eyes.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
"I see," she responded, looking a bit dubiously over his face. The man had an air about him that came off less than sincere; she would watch him carefully, in case he turned out to be a threat rather than simply a curiosity. She rose to her feet, anyway, not wanting to be slumped over if he did strike.

"The locals," she repeated. "So you're not from here? Are you traveling, or. . .?" What was his story? Did he have a habit of talking to strangers? Maegi sat patiently, quietly, waiting for his response.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
Far from here. He easily gave as he settled onto his rear, taking up a more relaxed position. So yes, I suppose I am traveling. Granted he had no clue where or why. He was simply doing what his instinctual mind told him to do. If it told him to keep going on his lungs gave out then he would.

I take it you're not exactly from here? He asked as he looked up the mountain. If neither of them were able to make the climb, well, then that hinted that neither of them were from this part of the lands.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She pursed her lips, letting out a muffled hmmm sound. How much did she tell him, if anything at all? "No," she answered his question to start, keeping brief. Then, looked down the slope, down the direction from which she had came. "Woods to the east of here. I'm just exploring."

Then she stared back at him, ears sliding forward in intrigue. He looked healthy enough, and wily, furthermore. He would fit right into the trees and swamps of Blackfeather Woods. Better even than some of its current members. It was a curious thought, although the lifeless character of his eyes still gave her some pause.

"I'm Maegi," she introduced herself, figuring she should at least get that out of the way.
82 Posts
Ooc — hund
Woods to the east. Right. He would try to keep that in mind but would likely soon forget it for he wasn't sure it would do him good (and how could Kalganov know his writer was going to slightly fudge timelines?). His pale green eyes stared off into the distance, drinking in the knowledge of the lands she had shared.

When he heard her name, his eyes seemed to come to life finally. While they did not widen or even shrink there was a flicker of emotion in them. Something positive but there was no real word for it. A nice name. Much easier to say than mine. The faintest traces of a smile laced his ebony lips.
RUSSIAN & ENGLISH
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She dipped her head in acknowledgement of the compliment, she, too, smiling faintly. "Well, let me give it a try, at least," she shot back in what might have been a joke for most wolves; for Maegi, it came out challenging, almost acidic in its intensity. Her tail moved behind her, a slow metronome, counting the beats of her heart. Her eyes locked with his.

"You would fit in well in Blackfeather Woods," she remarked, and regretted it immediately. She had meant to keep things under wraps; now he knew her name and that of her home, plus the rough location of it. And he had her scent as well. Stupid, stupid. "That is, if you're not just passing through on your way to something better," she added, trying to mitigate any damage done by her slip.