Ravensblood Forest I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102

This time it felt better for her. It was a bit cloud that evening as she strolled out from the territory not even taking a look back. She kept her eyes forward and her nose always searching for unfamiliar scents. She was near the forest entrance when she took in the scenery. The forest was placed perfectly in between two scaling mountains. Upon closer inspection to the trees they were seeping out darkened crimson, a bloody fate, fit for a haunted tale. Elixir was a bit hesitant to go in when she noticed how dark it was, it brought back the flash backs she hated. 

She was pinned to the tree feeling the shadow jerk on the flesh of her shoulder like it was just a piece of jerky. Her thoughts were jumbled as she looked for an escape route, nothing seemed to be there. With nothing left to do and her heart poun-

It was over she came back to reality with a bang, her heart was thudding as it felt like it might pop right out of her chest she breathed heavily. Elixir wasn't one to let fear get ahold of her so she took a few steps forward the first one felt as though she was cemented to the ground and had to use all her might to bring it up. This was a place she had never been before and she was certainly determined to explore even if it meant dealing with her flashbacks yet again.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
oof. i'm sorry he's decided to be a rudeboi today. x-x *smacks wintersbane with a rolled up newspaper*

wintersbane ventures further than he intends to. he has no love lost for the coast. he's not fond of sand and tends to stay well away from the beaches and sea itself. yet, it feels good to stretch his legs before he digs into blackfeather woods. he already has begun to but he takes the liberty of enjoying his freedoms to venture beyond and explore ...because that was the only way wintersbane was going to keep from feeling trapped: by proving to himself that he isn't. the tundrian has a keen eye on the ranks of the dark brotherhood however, and when he sets about to completing the tasks to earn his way into it he will set aside his explorations unless required of him.

he approaches ravensblood forest mostly out of muted curiosity. last he knew, a pack he'd briefly pledged himself to had been trying to form here ...but that had been some time ago. he'd been but a boy at the time and the lack of pack scent told him that it hadn't worked out. or perhaps it had and they had relocated. there is something about this particular forest that draws him in, ignorant to the complicated history and war that lies between his family and blackfeather woods that the ancient sentinels hold. that if not for it, he'd have been born among these very bleeding sequoias.

he ventures forward, unbothered by darkened forest, surprised to run into another so soon as he begins his venture towards the territory's heart. her scent is that of a pack's territory wintersbane had passed around to get to the forest but it is not full wolf. neither does she look like a wolf. definitely not a coywolf ( for he, himself is part coywolf ). as his glacial gaze takes her in, it lingers on her flopping ears. and as he lets out a low chuff to announce his presence to her, the question ( that he recognizes is incredibly rude ) "what is wrong with your ears?" smooth. one asshole point for wintersbane. there's arturo's influence in him. right there. still, it unnerves the tundrian for some unexplainable reason and his silvered-blue nape hairs prickle with uncertainty as he tries to make sense of what is mixed in her blood if not coyote.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
It was her conscience who was telling her just to take it slow through the forest that everything would be fine and no one would scare her. Well... that wasn't quite the case. As she moved her head around to see all parts of the forest and what it had to offer she heard a chuff behind her. When it hit her ears all she could do was turn to him faster than she'd ever moved before. It was just another wolf who seemed to not want to kill her... just yet? She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second just to gather herself again. Elixir wasn't entirely sure why she convinced herself to come in this darkened place, especially now that it had turned to night. What a bad decision.

She wouldn't bash him just because of her bad decisions so she let a small smile fall upon her face. That happened until he asked about her ears. It had been a while since she had been reminded that she didn't look like everyone else around. The wolfdog's self-esteem was down graded a few notches after he asked. "I.... I.... Um I'm a wolf but mixed with a dog.. that's why my ears look like this." she said moving her paws shyly and then shifting her gaze from the shadow masked man to the ground. "My name is Elixir... sir" it came out more soft spoken and quieter than she was expecting. This man made her rethink about why she was even in the forest and if she should even be here.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane watches as she turns to him quickly, spooked perhaps beyond just his chuff as a warning of proximity, and as a small smile tugs at her lips. Just as he watches as it falls from her face at his rude question. and he can't help but stare even as he watches her wilt like a flower beneath the weight of his words. he's never seen ears like her's before and he can't help but feel that it's unnatural ...despite that the only thing that's unnatural is his bullying. his personality is a mystery box mixed with pandora's box and one never really knows what they're going to get until they open it.

he blinks slowly at her as she explains that she's a wolf but she's mixed with dog ...which he assumes is like a wolf but not. sort of like coyotes. he, himself is a hybird too; though the coyote blood is diluted enough to not make it's presence known physically. though it makes it's presence known in other ways: in a wily and cunning mind, certainly. the tundrian watches as her paws move shyly and she averts her gaze as he remains silence, processing it. contemplating how he feels about it. still a bit unnerved. still uncertain of what he should make out of the hybrid before him. eventually a rumbling "hm." vocalizes in his throat.

her ears certainly make her exotic to him. she breaks her silence, though in reality it is rather brief between them, by offering her name and tacking sir alongside it. sir? that was definitely a first, and though it is respectful ( despite that he's done nothing to deserve it ) he isn't sure how he feels about it. torn between wanting to preen beneath it and wanting to reject it because he knows he's done nothing to deserve her respect. "ah," he lets out the noise accompanied by a deep inhale and a long exhale. a twitch of his lips is given at his internal war and he rolls his shoulders. "i don't deserve to be called 'sir'. my question was incredibly rude and insensitive." he offers in apology. so. maybe there's a shred of decency in there. somewhere. "i'm wintersbane." he offers his name in return.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
After her last sentence she still stared blankly at the ground. The silence felt much needed after the question. It had made her realize that the pack was her shelter, her safe place, and outside of that anyone can ask her anything. She should have been reminded of that when she was attacked but she was naive then and now she just had forgot. Slowly Elixir felt she could move her eyes back up to him again, her ears were still drooped in a sad way. Every other blink she looked away from him to the bleeding trees, it was better than feeling so judged by someone. 

Eventually he broke the silence with a rumbled voice like a volcano before it was about to blow, that perked her ears right back up. After that she expected him to talk but it seemed he was thinking? He let out a deep breath and she took a little step back just in case he was thinking about harming her. After all, she didn't know him that well. Then he spoke, that was refreshing for her. She smiled again, it was because he didn't deserve a sir? In the wolfdogs eyes everyone she met who was a sir deserved one. She nodded a bit making a mental note not to call him sir until he deserved it? 

Wintersbane, she repeated in her mind so she would forever remember his name. It was a unique name. "Wintersbane is a nice name. The question wasn't rude, I've had it before but my pack had made me.... sheltered? Maybe but anyway and I haven't had the question in a while it just made me remember I'm not like everyone else." she explained to him as she hoped she wasn't going on about it for nothing. "So, what are you doing out here in the forest at night?" the question was pretty straight forward and he could ask her the same.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
she retreats from him and the tundrian cannot blame her. he's been hardly anything but unkind from the get-go with no reason to be so other than she looked different. which wasn't her fault. she couldn't control that she was a wolfdog ...anymore than he could control being whatever percentage of coywolf he was. he forgets because he looks and is built just like the nightingale queen that the coywolf gangster existed at all. this is not out of spite but simply because during the first three months of his life wintersbane was undoubtedly closer to lotte than he'd been arturo. she compliments his name and he lets out a low, soft chuckle. it is always the name that catches the attention and the compliments oft vary.

the tundrian ducks his head ( though not necessarily to be humble; he's vain and he preens beneath compliments ), appreciative of the compliment but always feeling like it should belong to the woman whom had given it to him. "my mother thought so too." wintersbane murmurs in homage. 'wintersbane' was undeniably a better name to go by than 'spleenbane' which wasn't even relevant anymore. "you shouldn't make excuses for my behavior," he clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth once in clear disapproval. "whether you've been sheltered or not doesn't matter. i had no right." and he knows it. "i know better. i'm not full wolf either. my father's coywolf." it's the first time in a long time ( if ever ) wintersbane's publicly spoken about arturo and while the tundrian isn't sure, he assumes the gangster's still alive out there. somewhere. despite that wintersbane has no real desire to actually go and try to seek him out.

"curiosity, i suppose." he replies with a lofty rise and fall of his broad shoulders. "i was wondering if the pack that had tried to settle here a while ago was still around." 'a while ago' is a broad lapse of time: wintersbane could no longer remember if it'd been months or a year. nevertheless, the pack that had sought to form here was no longer here. whether that meant they managed to form and relocated or never founded at all is knowledge that remains out of his grasp. "alas, i've found my answer." he sighs, gesturing with his muzzle to the ancient sentinels that stand like mighty sentries.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
sorry for the late reply

The wolfdog had shifted her eyes from the ground to the man in front of her until he decided to talk again. He seemed to like her compliment so she half smiled and nodded at his comment about his mother. Of course she had to like his name, Elixir wouldn’t had wanted to name her kids something she hated. When he said she shouldn’t make excuses for his behavior her smile fell and she nodded again. It felt better that he had said that but somehow she still felt that it was her fault for having the floppy ears. It was just always a feeling she had kept bottled up. 

You barely look coywolf. “ she said thinking aloud, even though it was a bit true. Elixir had never seen a coyote before but she knew it looked nothing like the man who stood in front of her. “Have you ever felt shameful because you’re different?” The question was personal but she couldn’t help asking. The feeling of shame was always a cloud that hung over her head no matter how hard she tried to shove it away. Since he wasn’t a full wolf she wondered if he might be the same. 

It was curiousity for me also. I think you did find an answer because I don’t smell a pack scent. “ her nose sniffled and then she looked around at the bleeding trees. “I was curious to see if the trees did bleed and what exactly was in the forest. I guess I found a wintersbane in the forest. “ she chuckled at her joke but found that she was far more nervous now than she had been when she met him.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
no need to apologize! <3

it is pointed out to him that he barely looks coywolf and he resists the urge to tell her that he already knows that. for if he did look coywolf surely someone would have had something to say about it by now. he is blessed to not have the sharp angles of arturo's muddied lineage. "no." he replies honestly, though this is because, as established, he didn't look coywolf. he takes wholly after lotte and the ansbjørns. he has never faced the prejudices his father and no doubt she, herself, has faced. yet, he does not say this. even in his head it sounds bad. he offers an errant shrug and follows the flow of their conversation without intention of touching upon their hybridism again.

"if they ever founded here, for whatever reason, they are long gone." he murmurs in contemplative agreement. not that he had any intentions of sticking around if they had been there. she mentions the bleeding of the trees and he looks to the closest sequoia oozing it's sticky, red sap out of it's bark. "i don't think sap counts as blood," he says and then lets out a small noise of amusement. "it's an old wives tale meant to scare young cubs." the grin that twitches at the edges of his lips is sardonic. "ah," he breathes with a firm nod of his head when she says that the only thing she found in the forest was a wintersbane. "very elusive creatures, those winterbanes. wily. a little egocentric. stoic but otherwise pretty to look at." he mocks himself in good humor, theatric as he tends to and likes to be at times.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir knew that the answer he would give would probably be a no and it was. She had a small hope that he felt a little of what she had but now she had None. A small nod came of the answer given and not a single word from her mouth. Thoughts and questions poured into her mind but it would be too much to bombard him with and she knew it. Before she would have asked even if it meant to overwhelm the other but now she has her restraints. 

He was right, the pack was gone and had been for a long time. It could have been for many reasons, one sticking out to the wolfdog in particular: the creepy trees! A chill was felt down her back and she shook her pelt softly. “That’s true enough.” She said quietly to his comment about the sap but to her it did look oddly enough like blood that she would never want to live here, visit yes but live no. 

When he gives a smile her eyes widened a bit. He made the comment that Wintersbanes were a bit egocentric, stoic and... pretty to look at. She didn’t disagree. Elixir felt her face get a little heated as she looked at the ground then back up at him nervously. A little nervous chuckle escaped her. “Yes.. yes they are handsome..” she didn’t even think before speaking. It took a second for what she said to sink in before she felt her face get even hotter, ohh nooo, she though as her eyes shot to the ground.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
perhaps the tales of bleeding trees would have been enough to scare some cubs from wandering where they were not supposed to but that wouldn't have been enough to scare him. which as evidenced enough by his past, by where he was today. his path would've been so different if he'd only curbed his curiosity, if he'd only waited for arturo, hemlock or lotte. he made a mental note that if he ever had children to instill some sort of otherwordly fear of the world outside of the pack into them so that he did not have to ever face what he put his own parents ( and siblings ) through ...even though he deserved it for all the pain he'd caused them.

her words, accompanied by her nervous chuckle and the aversion of her eyes take a bit to sink into wintersbane's own mind. he'd mentioned his looks off-handedly, in a flippant manner of the vain beast that he is. his mother was a gorgeous and ethereal woman and as he takes after her as a masculine look-alike; he's aware that he's attractive. yet, the delta of the dark woods never knows how to take a compliment on his looks when it's genuinely given to him. should he be humble? arrogant? flattered? sarcastic? continue to play along or thank her for the compliment?

"mhm," he breathes, deciding that in the wake of her obvious embarrassment he'll keep playing along and not draw too much attention to her compliment despite that, in the end, he is flattered. he enjoys the stroke of his ego. "but you know what they say; the most beautiful flowers have the sharpest thorns." or...something like that.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
The wolfdog had felt embarassed by what she had blurted out to the man. Sometimes she wished she had the confidence of anyone else. It was hard to even look back up to him when she just called him handsome. Even though her words were embarassing he showed no sign of making it worse on her. Slowly her ears perked up and she moved her eyes from the ground up his legs to stare at his eyes. His eyes, they resembled a blue that could only be brought up from the glaciers that plagued the coldest parts of the world. Nervous... the only thing that she could be infront of this man. 

His comment made her concerned. He doesn't seem too sharp.... oops not in that sense. Just not mean enough. But I just met him, her brow furrowed as her thoughts flowed. After a moment of silence she shook her head to the sides. "I don't believe that. Not from you anyway. You've been too nice to me. You might have thorns for others but I haven't seen them and until then you aren't a thorn in my book. You are the rose." she stood up for what she believed in all the time and this time was no different. If he chose to show her another side so be it but she wouldn't believe him until that day... if it ever came.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
this seemed like a good place to wrap this thread. feel free to either reply once more or archive as is! :D

she doesn't seem to believe him and her words that follow the declining shake of her head prove his suspicions. he listens to her assessment of him, her argument that he has been nice to her. have i been? just because he apologized for rude behavior didn't erase the fact that he had been rude. the fun has turned serious in their conversation and the in-depth observation of his personality makes him uncomfortable. his words had been meant to be a warning, not a point of debate. the pack scent that clings to his pelage should be a warning enough and yet it does not deter her. ...if, he thinks, she even knows what pack he hails from. either she is brave or just incredibly innocent.

the assumption that they're all mad, baby stealing, war and blood hungry murderers ( or whatever the most current rumor spreading about the wilds is; he's since shed himself of such gossip ) annoys him more than it should. he thinks of the dark priestess and her young daughters, specifically. well, specifically, astara as he has yet to actually meet the listener's pale daughter one on one.

he is a lot of things but rose? nah, he doesn't seem himself as the rose. still, he will not argue with her. "we never see ourselves the same way that other's see us." is all he says in conclusion, tail twitching against his hocks. he draws in a deep breath and lets it out. "i should be returning." he's seen what he's come to see. his curiosity on the subject is sated and he desires to return home. with those cryptic words he leaves her with a wily smile as he backtracks the way he'd came.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Though she did know he had pack scent on him she knew not of the pack or the stories that they held. Elixir loved to see the best in others and sometimes it was a good thing and other times it was a bad thing. This time she was sure that it was a good thing.

He said that we do not see ourselves as others do, she somewhat agreed with him. A nod came out half way. Then he said he should be returning which reminded her she should also be returning to her pack. “I hope to see you again...” she said before he left. He sure was mysterious but she kinda liked it. 

She shook her head and then headed back toward BDP.