The Sunspire two bottle a whiskey for the way
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 
Alliance thread @Liri @Rannoch, @Terance, @Wraen

Rue had traveled this route westward last summer, but somehow the journey seemed entirely different with the mountains to her left, a friend to her right, and a home to which they would return.  The mountainsides were ablaze with autumn colors, brightening Rue's spirits as well as the view. Autumn could be enjoyed to its fullest, now that Rue had a pack to support her and little reason to fear the foreshadow of winter. 

Rue's gaze flicked to her traveling partner. She had been trying to keep a low-key watch over the alphess, knowing that she was likely still feeling that scrape she sustained fighting off the bear. It pained Rue to leave Blacktail Deer Plateau behind when there was a monster like that on the loose, but pursuing alliances would provide a different kind of protection to the pack. Kavik and Grezig were more than capable of guarding their physical holdings, so Rue and Liri would see to their political interests. 

Rue might have suggested they take a rest, if she hadn't just gotten a whiff of a pack's scent. She slowed, nose quivering in the chilly air. "Borderlands ahead," she reported to Liri, turning to the alphess with a questioning look. Had they arrived at their destination?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She had discussed hunts with Grezig and Kavik. They had discussed preparing dens for the oncoming cold season. They had discussed starting the classes before winter truly limited them. They had discussed watching over Illidan and what they would do if he decided to run away. Everything had been talked about but this was something Liri looked forward to, something that could actually be done. 

Her wounds pained her still - that bear had scratched her good - but it was bearable. She could move, so she agreed to go with Ruenna to deliver news of the Council's decision. 

It hadn't taken long for the pack to agree that being on good terms with the neighbors would be preferable and the leader had felt uncomfortable with the way things ended in the Vale. If both packs could put it behind them and continue forth as allies, she felt the situation would be resolved. 

The land was already beginning to change. It had been green when they passed through the mountains only weeks ago. Now the trees were speckled with orange and yellow, as if flames were slowly eating away at the leaves. With the silver at her side, the short journey southeast through the mountains seemed little more than a pleasant day trip. The breeze catching in her tangled fur was crisp with the scent of autumn, the sunshine was warm on her coat, and the morning itself was enough to soothe her recent anxieties. 

Rue paused, drawing Liri's attention to the faint scent of pack and a recognizable whiff of Wraen.  "That's them," Liri confirmed, glancing to Rue with a gleam of excitement in her mahogany gaze. It wasn't every day that they got to go on political missions after all. 

The Alpha cocked her head, gesturing for the Delta to follow. The distance to the borders seemed longer than she thought it would take and yet, they were upon them all too soon. Liri stopped some feet away from the mountain pack's borders, glancing to Ruenna before she tipped her head back to howl for the leaders. 

slight pp, let me know if I need to edit
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen alongside @Witchbaby and @Remi was in the process of clearing out old caches. The planned move to the other side of the valley was on the way and it did not make sense to leave any food behind, even if they decided to come back here in the spring (this possibility had not been discussed yet, but - perhaps - resurfacing in the future). The young puppy and coywolf were a cheerful company, the work went well and leader regretted leaving them, when a call from the borders raised in the air and asked for her presence. 

On her way she wondered, who might the callers be, but, once she recognized Liri, she smiled. It had been a while, since the offer of alliance had been made, and Wraen made a correct guess of, why would they find themselves here now. She approched them in a friendly manner and greeted: "Welcome to Sunspire! My fellow leaders should soon be here, but may I express, how happy I am to see you here. How has life treated you in Blacktail Deer Plataeu so far?"
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Because of BTS stuff it was confirmed I can show up too. >P

Her patrol was cut short by a howl that came from the borders ahead.  Interesting.  She didn't recognize the voice, so as any guardian would, she headed in that direction to intercept.  Besides, a request for a leader tangentially included her now, didn't it?  Promises were promises, after all.  This would be a good test if they actually meant their word.

It was unfortunate that Wraen was currently the only one here.  Of all the wolves that stood in leadership, she was the one that Treason felt wasn't suited to it, or at least not up to her exacting standards.  And she seemed happy to see the Fools?  Maybe she should leave and go join them.

The other unfortunate thing was that Corvus wasn't with them.  Instead it was the weak alpha (who seemed to be newly decorated with more wounds) and some unimpressive woman she hadn't seen before.  What was this, their cast offs?  Why would a wolf who probably had a hell of a time defending herself properly  bring another wolf that didn't look like she was much of a fighter across no-wolf's land?  Idiots, still.  She hoped some deranged loner tried to chew on them on their way home just so fate could prove a point.

Oh well.  Her typically dispassionate expression didn't say too much beyond not being excited to see any of them.  Treason took a seat a couple of yards back, well within range to listen in but solidly in the second row to watch what she expected would be some sort of impending disaster.  Her existence was a threat that everyone should behave and the focus of her hawkish attention was solely on the non-members.  Hopefully the better leaders would show up soon.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
i have to be uber vague right now, but terance is here because ICly it makes no sense for him not to show up haha.

when terance arrived, wraen and his trusted second-hand were already there. he was relieved that treason was showing initiative-- as she had asked for it, he hoped that this situation would prove to wraen and rannoch that she was capable. or it'd fly off the rails and terance would get his hide chewed out by wraen for being wrong. like always.

terance came to a stop before the wolves, alongside wraen and treason. his shoulders were squared, ears angled forwards, and his eyes attentive. his sister had referred to them as the blacktail deer plateau-- he'd caught the end of that, he knew who these wolves were. and, also, that they resided in the place that his own father had once called his kingdom. terance made no comment.

"welcome," terance chuffed, glancing to treason briefly, "my name is terance, and this is treason." 
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Not sure what's going on with Sunspire or @Rannoch (his current rank on the pack page is sort of confusing) but I figured we could move this along and he can jump on in later if necessary. Also, slight pp on assuming Liri would have previously mentioned Wraen to Rue, let me know if I need to edit. 

Rue nodded to Liri, and she joined her voice with her leader's to call for the Sunspire wolves, just to make sure no one was surprised to be greeting two wolves at the borders. Taking anyone unaware would be a poor way to start off an alliance, after all. 

A very friendly woman soon arrived to welcome them, and Rue looked to Liri to answer her questions with a happy wag in her tail. The way that the new arrival was talking Rue figured that she had to be Wraen, the Sunspire leader with whom Liri was already aquainted. 

A much larger female arrived as well, and she was decidedly less friendly. She gave no indication that she meant to speak, or introduce herself, or even associate herself with Wraen in any kind of way, sitting off to the side with an expression of indifference. Rue deduced that she was simply here to watch.. perhaps she was some kind of bodyguard? Wraen was a bit on the smaller side, and it wouldn't surprise Rue if she chose to bring a detail with her while greeting wolves at the border. 

Another dark-pelted wolf arrived and introduced himself promptly. Again, Rue waited for Liri to respond for them. It did not escape Rue that Terance introduced the standoffish woman as Treason. Rue wondered why anyone would chose to go by such a name, to title themselves after what was arguably most deplorable violation of pack law.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
yesss, I love Treason threads

Liri was most pleased to see Wraen - despite the trouble they'd found in the Vale, the woman was kind and seemed a kindred spirit to the gentle healer. She smiled widely, dipping her head respectfully to the Beta. "Thank you, we've found life on the plateau to be rather peaceful. It's a wonderful place to live indeed," she answered, remembering fondly the history Wraen had shared with her about the outcrop her family had settled on. 

Liri was unsurprised to see Treason, given the Gamma's outspoken disapproval of her wolves. It only made sense that the girl would appear to keep an eye on the ambassadors. Liri nodded once to the subordinate, stifling an eye roll at her continued attitude. (Honestly, as if they could have known Sunspire was right next to Vale moments after arriving. It was time to let it go.) 

The leader had little time to dwell over the past for her attention was soon grabbed by a third wolf, dark and male, whom she didn't remember seeing in the Vale. 

"It's nice to meet you," she greeted with a smile. "I am Liri Tonrar, and this is Ruenna Redfern," she introduced in turn. "I don't believe I've met you, Terance. I'm one of the Alphas of Blacktail Deer Plateau and Ruenna is our Delta."

"To cut to the chase," 
she quipped lightly, "we've come to accept Sunspire's offer of an alliance. The rest of our family agrees that we should put our conflict in the past and continue anew as friends."

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen's cheerful expression wavered the moment she caught sight of Treason. While the latter believed that the Redleaf girl was not suited for leadership, the former had come to the sad conclusion that the praised guardian was the person she liked in Sunspire least. She had tried to even this natural dislike with all the rational and practical reasons of, why the wolf was useful to the pack. And she managed by tolerating and Treason made it easy by not giving a damn about her. 

Terance was next to join their party and a sigh escaped her lips, wondering, whether he had got her message from Rannoch about a follow-up meeting with Liri and discussion on alliance. Perhaps, it was a good thing to remind, in case he had no knowledge of it, and - hopefully - by the time they were done, Rannoch would arrive and clear any and all tensions that could arise. "I am very glad to hear that and I know that Rannoch - though he is not here yet - will appreciate the good news," she said. 

"In regards of our alliance - I think that simple and basic terms will do: an exchange of important information, not shooting the messengers or attacking members of either packs and help, if it is needed and if it is in our power to give it? Does this sound good?" she asked.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
When Terance arrived and introduced them she did her best to try to catch his eye and make a slight tip of her muzzle towards them, trying to point out that yeah, these were the bear-blind fools she'd mentioned whenever the heck that conversation was at this point.  A while ago.  But her general feelings towards them hadn't changed.  They were still a risk, and that was why she hadn't moved from her seat and otherwise watched the interaction with her standard bland irritation.

Honestly, their behavior in the Vale had given her no reason to trust any of them -- save Corvus, who later proved to be at least a reasonable sort of wolf.  They were too unpredictable in logic and behavior for her to believe they should be counted on other than to probably have quite a few issues from being a badly mismatched bunch of weirdos.  Treason had no desire to deal with some other pack's systematic dysfunction.  If there were more normal people in the pack hiding in the back row, she hoped they'd move on for their sakes.

What honestly could come from that kind of alliance?  In her perspective it seemed far more likely to benefit them than it would Sunspire.  Then again, whenever the move ended up being, it would almost certainly put them farther away and that part would be nice.  Except for Corvus, that was the sole downside.  At least right now it wasn't entirely her place to speak up, but at least her opinion had previously been shared.

Yeah, basically she just sat there watching.  Cool, huh?
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
:L i was originally waiting for rannoch before posting and then i just completely forgot about this thread. punch me.

"a pleasure," he responded as liri spoke to him directly, but then he fell silent as the rest of the conversation ensued. he had nothing to say, so he said nothing.

terance nodded along as the other wolves spoke. he had nothing to say, nothing to argue. he had not been there the day of the incident, he could only take treason's word that these wolves were morons. 

but, also, he trusted rannoch and wraen, rannoch above all. so he trusted this alliance. liri seemed kind enough, plain enough, he had no problem with the alliance now. "i think these terms are fine and reasonable," was all he said, a warm smile pressed onto his features.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Liri introduced the Blacktail Deer Plateau pair, and Rue offered a smile and a friendly tail-wag as she was named. Never one to beat around the bush, Liri brought up the alliance straight away. Her directness did not surprise Rue, but the words she chose were curious. "We should put our conflict in the past." Rue's eyes flicked to Liri, but she gave no other outward indication of her confusion. What conflict, exactly? 

Rue trusted Liri though, and she knew that if the alphess thought they could be in danger then they would have prepared-- perhaps brought along one of the pack's warriors as a bodyguard, like this Treason woman. Rue continued to listen with interest as the "simple and basic" terms of an alliance were laid out. The young woman had never been present for the negotiation of an alliance, and so what was simple and basic to the others was new to her. The aspiring scout knew she ought to listen well, for someday it could be her responsibility to carry on a similar conversation without the assistance of her alpha.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
There seemed to be no dissent - not even from Treason - and Liri nodded slightly as the terms were laid out. It sounded like what she had expected from an alliance and she could see no reason to complain with anything Wraen had said. 

"That sounds fine with me," she agreed, glancing to Ruenna to gage her reaction. She was a member of Blacktail Deer Plateau and despite having the Council's agreement to ally with Sunspire, she wanted a second opinion. 

"Give Rannoch our regards if you would," she murmured.

She knew he must have been busy to miss this meeting - particularly one with a pack that had at first seemed conflicting with their own.

Still, Liri wanted things to neutralize between the two groups and that required laying a foundation of trust. She hoped by acting like an ally, in time they truly would become compatriots. 

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"We surely will," Wraen replied, wondering, what had occupied Rannoch so much that he had not been able to come and meet the delegation in person. On the other hand - her, Terance and Treason's presence was just as good substitute for the king of the mountain. After all they weren't doing anything that had not been discussed before. 

"We will inform Rannoch as well as other members of the pack," she said, casting a quick glance over at Terance and not even bothering to look at Treason, because she could well imagine her expression. And right now the last thing beta needed was feeling slighted. "Thank you again for coming!"

There were more pleasantries exchanged and then the meeting drew to a close.