Firestone Hot Springs Feeling hot but not bothered.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102

The clouds covered the sun making the breezes a bit chilly and the lighting outside was dampened by the clouds also. Elixir trailed off from the territory to warm herself at the hot springs. Just the thought of the dip sent shivers down her spine, it was rather cool for an autumn morning so she was ready for the warmth. A smile spread across her blackened lips as she made her way toward the water. Before she even came to the shore she could feel the warmth radiating away from the liquid. 

Carefully she lowered her paws into the water and closed her eyes, loving the feeling of being warm again. Goosebumps formed below her fur where no one could see them but she certainly could feel them. Slowly she moved in so it could engulf her. Her muscles that were once tense relaxed and made her feel so at peace. She remembered that at one time she played here with the friends she met, Slavik and Speedy, her small smile turned into a bigger one. She hoped that they were well in their travels.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
This looked lonely and I distinctly remember that at some point I promised a Wraen/Elixir thread.

The nights had grown colder over the past few weeks and, since Wraen had permantently left Sunspire and therefore her comfortable and cozy den, she found it a daily challenge to find a suitable place for the night. So that she could sleep for hours without getting cold or scared by sudden noises. The downside of being a lone wolf - never feeling truly safe. She waited and hoped for Maia's return, because it would be a lot easier to face the life in the wilds as a pair than on your own.

As it happened her recent evening hunt had brought her not too far from the most interesting place in the whole flatlands. Fire hot springs had never ceased to amaze her, being so inexplainable, otherwordly and at the same time so very real and there on the spot. And as she drew nearer, she remembered another thing - constant warmth. And for one night she would love to enjoy the comforts of "central heating". 

But upon her arrival she noticed that there is another dweller already, swimming in the pool and obviously enjoying herself a great deal. A closer look made a smile appear in her lips and eyes, because she recognized the wolf there. "Elixir - so good to see you here," she said to the girl, once she had come to the edge of the pool.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir was enjoying her hot swim as the night had gotten a bit colder than when she arrived. A familiar voice interrupted her swim and she looked up to see an even more familiar face. Her tail swayed with happiness moving the water softly around. Gracefully she moved toward the shore and a soft chuff greeted Wraen. She moved onto the shore and gave a small shake of her pelt careful not to get any on her long lost friend. 

"Wraen!" she exclaimed. "What are you doing out here? " she asked with a small smile on her face. Elixir didn't think it much mattered why she was out but was just happy she was seeing her again. The last time they had interacted was before BDP had settled, which felt like an eternity to her. She hoped everything was well for her friend.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You swim with the grace and elegance of a mermaid," Wraen pointed out to Elixir, who had come to the shore and climbed of the water to meet her. A quick, once-over look at the dark-pelted wolf-dog told her that her friend was doing just as well in the autumn as she had been doing in summer, when the two had met for the first time. 

"I was hunting in the vicinity, until my paws told me that it's time to rest," as she said this, she looked down at her muddy paws as if they were sentient beings of their own. Then back to Elixir: "What better place than the hot springs. I have heard people saying that these waters have healing properties. Wouldn't tell it by smell alone though." She wrinkled her nose - the waters here were rich in minerals, which already made them not very drinkable. But in some pools the hydrogen sulfide content was higher than in the others, bringing the foul smell of rotten eggs with it.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
"Thank you. Im sure you are not so bad yourself." she said giving the compliment back to her confidante. The wolfdog decided to sit back on her haunches. Small bumps began to form under her pelt as the air cut through her hairs, a slight shiver got rid of them. Pests, that was all that could come to mind as they went away slowly.

"Any such luck?" she asked about her hunt. She knew doing it alone could be hard but not entirely impossible and she had hoped that Wraen had caught herself something to munch on. " It is a good place to rest, hotter than most now a days. The stench is bearable for some warmth." she said and looked to the water. Yeah it smelled weird but that was a small cost to keep warm when it is so cold out. "I'm sure Liri and Kavik would let you stay a night or two at the Plateau if you need it." she said, it wasn't her decision but Wraen was her friend and they had met her before so Elixir couldn't think of a reason they would turn her away.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Thank you for the offer, I will keep in mind, if and when I really need a safe place to stay," Wraen replied, saving the "welcome ticket" for later. So far she had been doing well on her own and with the arrival of Maia, things would surely improve.

"Not much luck today, but ther..." her sentence was cut short by the sound of bubbling water and thick cloud of hot steam hitting her in the back. She turned just in time to see a large column of boiling hot water shoot out from the ground, high up in the air and come down, splashing everywhere. 

"Bloody hell," she swore, when some of the water mass hit her paws, burning her skin. The next came a thick cloud of steam and in her attempt to escape this or any further assaults to her feet or other body parts, she sprang in the pool of water that was behind Elixir.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
"Good, we will always welcome good wolves like you." she said with a smile. The offer was always on the table, even when Elixir was long gone as she knew Liri and Kavik had always welcomed others that they knew were good, like her friend. That's why it made her so happy to have a friend as good as Wraen.

As she listened to Wraen all the sudden the water rumbled and then splurged into the air, almost taking out her friend. Eyes wide she watched as the woman dove into the water that lied behind her. Elixir stood in disbelief for a few minutes before turning back to Wraen who was now taking a swim in the warm water. 

An uncontrollable laughter broke from the wolfdog. If she was an emoji she would be the laugh emoji and then the crying one. Mumbled words came out every once in a while between the laughs, trying to figure out if Wraen was alright. "I...Ar....hA/....Are you alright?" she said as she finally calmed down and realized now her belly hurt.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
So much for not ingesting sulphurous mineral water. Wraen had gulped a mouthful, when she had taken the plunge in the pool behind Elixir. And then some more, when it filled her nostrils, burnt her eyes and entered even her ears. She emerged from the water spluttering and coughing, and shaking her head, to rid herself of this malady, because the water was positively disgusting. Plus, she was drenched to the skin now as well and, unless she managed to become dry again, which was quite impossible in this humid and hot environment, she would face a certain death from freezing to death in the wilds. 

Wraen was exaggerating, of course, in the spurt of the moment, and would be fine and alive, healthy and still kicking months from now. Elixir's laughing did not help to alleviate much the situation her friend was in, but after a while she began to see the funny side of it. Even if it was still laced with salt, sulphur and other compounds. "Got me almost fried," she told, coming back to the edge of the pool and climbing out. And just because she wanted to retaliate she shook her wet coat, while  standing right next to the dark-pelted girl.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir watched and knew that maybe laughing wasn't the right action but in the moment it was all she could do. It wasn't a life threatening thing that happened and so that's why she had laughed but it faded into worry when Wraen took a few to answer her. The cough had made the wolfdog think that she was drowning in the pool of water, her eyes grew wide and her heart started thumping. 

As Wraen made her way over to the wolfdog she knew then that her friend is okay and let a sigh of relief fall over herself. Guilt made it's way into her as Wraen shook off and the wetness had invaded her coat. That's something she knew she deserved. She forced a smile upon her face and then decided to make her friend look at the bright side, "Well atleast were both still alive. Even if it is with a little hurt. Do you need anything for that?".
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I am not sure," Wraen said, taking a seat and having a look at her paws, where the boiling hot water had hit them. Skin beneath the fur was bright red and in coming days fur would fall out, where it was the most damaged. The pain was not unbearable, blunt and uncomfortable. She leaned down to lick the sore places in order to soothe them, but the effect was not, what she had expected. It hurt even more, where she touched it, she winced and reluctantly let it be.

"Will heal in time," she looked up a little more brightly. "I heard this saying once that "this will heal, until your wedding day*", which means that you can help me by starting to look for a suitable mate. Do you have anyone in mind?" despite the pain, she tried to joke and laugh about it. Better to ignore it than pay too much attention.

They enjoyed each other's company for the next hour or two and then went their separate ways.
*Or whatever is the ritual called, when two wolves decide to become mates. A/N