Duskfire Glacier Take me farther, give me one day longer
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 

@Steele perhaps?

The end of the day was always shocking to Siarut, it always seemed as if the day should be longer than it actually was. The sun slowly descended over the ridge at the peak of the glacier. From the vantage at the mouth of the Grotto Siarut was already thoroughly shaded, but night had yet to fully set in.

He wasn't sure when this spot came to be his own. It proved to be a good way to prevent unassuming others from entering the dangerous caverns of ice. But it quickly became more than that. He found the solace comforting. As he couldn't wander as much as he used, this was the next best thing.

Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
The smoky male had been scouting the borders for any intruders or joiners. His mind wondered as he trekked along, who would he become here? The question would be one that couldn’t be answered right now but it could be in time. The cold air hit him like a train but it was welcomed with a shake of his fur and a soft smile. His pelt was dense and made for the cold air that came with living on the glacier. 

As he ended his round one one last sniff of the air was given to detect anyone unwelcome. Without a trace of a scent he turned to find a place to sleep for the night. Passing the different scenery in the Glacier he spotted the eyes of Siarut at the Grotto. He hadn’t had a lot of interaction with the man and decided to get in a talk before the darkness had fully fell upon the land. 

He moved swiftly and then sent out a chuff before getting too close. He wasn’t sure if the man would be up for a chat and left it up to him as he stopped a couple feet away.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Startled from his deeper thoughts, Siarut turned his head to find the form of a newer member. With his inactivity of late he hadn't had time to properly interact with everyone in the pack. He was ashamed of it, but he wouldn't let it show. He wasn't a very outwardly emotional person, he let Takiyok be the emotional one, no he usually preferred a more neutral apporach. So seeing Steele, the brute refrained from offering a smile, instead he flicked his head hoping the man might come closer.

On any other day he would have risen to approach the man himself. Alas Sia had done to much walking for the day, and he preferred to remain prone. "Steele." He greeted, with a kindness in his voice. "Greetings.", he spoke his own language to help the mans education in their language. "Greetings."

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele felt a little bad keeping the other from his alone time but pushed the emotion away. As he was motioned to come closer he did as told. The smoky male took a seat beside Siarut and then slowly descended, he didn’t feel that he should be above him. After he shifted a bit and let himself relax he heard the greeting of his leader. Ah the language, he thought a smile threatened to tug at the end of his lips.

Siarut” he said and then thought for a moment about what the man said for greetings. “Gr-“ the rest was a mess that came out and as embarrassed as he was he didn’t let it show. Steele knew in time with the others he would know their language. “Every attempt is worth something right?” He said not covering up the fact he failed at it the first time ever.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The man approached, and Sia was glad he wasn't to cold and off-putting. He couldn't help the small tug that pulled his lips upward at the man's attempt. "Ever attempt is worth it." He agreed, nodding. "I'm sure you will be able to catch on easy enough, there are few here who speak the common tongue as well as Takiyok and myself." It was an unofficial expectation that learning Inuttuk was important.

"How are you settling in?" Siarut could tell the mans coat was thick enough to ward off enough of the cold. Soon enough they would all need to sleep within the cavern's to keep warm. It was bound to get cold in the winter. Quite frankly the polar bear couldn't wait.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele smiled after he said ‘every attempt is worth it’ as it helped him feel as though it was possible to learn another language. “I hope I can. I know it’ll be hard but I’m willing to work through it.” He said with a nod to the snow covered male. Hard times usually had come with good rewards in the end and that was why Steele had never let tough times get to him as much. 

I’m settling in well. I’ve been getting to know the territory so that I’m familiar with it if something was to ever happen. I usually take a few rounds every day mentally noting the territory.” He said remembering that he had Only made one round that day. Each day he was remembering more about it though and thought soon he wouldn’t have to keep going around mentally noting.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He was glad to hear that such a dedicated pack member had been recruited. "I am glad to hear it Steele." Looking at the sky he gauged the time, the sun was dwindling in the sky and there was only a few minutes before they were awash in darkness. Perhaps a night patrol wouldn't be a bad idea. "Come on." He flicked his head heading toward the border.

"Lead the way." This was a good way to test what the man had learned. A smiled hovered on his lips, and he had a subtle wag of his tail, excited to spend time with his pack mate.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for such a late reply. Been a busy month (October) and just have gotten a break.

Steele nodded as he was gestured to come with the man. Obviously he wouldn't deny his Alpha anything, besides he didn't know him too well and wanted too. "Alright" he said his voice a bit gruff. Slowly he stood, a few cracks and pops here and there from how active he was in his younger years and by now he was used to it. 

"Sure thing" he said after giving a small stretch of his muscular body. It was a bit nerve wrecking to lead the territorys Alpha around the territory but he would give it his all. "Let's start over here" he said motioning to the lake in the distance. It was almost his favorite part of the territory....almost.