Blackfeather Woods staying home to watch the rain
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Joining 
Backdated to the 25th. Please let @Flicker post first.

Much to her surprised pleasure, Flicker Vaidya had agreed to come home with her. The two of them made their way back to the Woods, a journey made slower by Maegi's leg injury in the dark forest bordering the fen. Finally, though, they arrived, Maegi a limping mess alongside Flicker. She let out a howl for @Kove and @Relmyna, then sat back on her haunches, grimacing slightly in pain.

"Can't wait to get to my bed," she said to her new friend (and potential packmate). She had taken up her old quarters in Spiderlings' Glen, moved by nostalgia. She would have to find Flicker somewhere, as well. Normally she would give a tour, but she wasn't quite feeling up to that. Maybe tomorrow, or even the next day. She was relatively sure no bone was broken, but the muscle was sore; it would need time to heal.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker quite enjoyed the slow journey that indeed favoured her pads. She’d have to find someone to help look at them; just in case. She kept by Maegis side and seldom assessed how the injury affected her. 

She flinched slightly as she entered the darkness and it engulfed her in an enchanting, promising way. 

“Ah yes, it’s nice knowing when you have a bed to return to.” A faint smile grew on her face as memories lapped across her mind. She cast about in wonder at the latticework of branches towering above the pair; very different from the open mountains she’d grown up on. It was then, she decided, that she might very well get lost in these woods and made a note to not lose sight of Maegi; but how many wraiths within this land look like the one sat beside her?
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
much was upon the woman's mind, but maegi's call reminded her she could not remain in reverie. covering the dove she had caught in a nearby cache, relmyna moved toward the border. the young melonii had wreathed her scent back into the woods as if it had never departed, and for that the listener was grateful. however, there was a nuance to enforce the girl's reappearance that relmyna did not yet understand. no matter — she would commune when she was alone, as she had filled her moments for some time.
the treeline thinned; relmyna slipped from the dark shadow-touch and observed the rather battered pair before her. maegi, came her noiseless whisper, ears cupping forward with a worry she did not attempt to hide. turquoise gaze turned to the woman at the young she-wolf's side; another female, brilliantly coiffed in scarlet, and scarred. what happened? 
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Relmyna appeared; the question on her lips did not appear relevant, at least for now. Maegi was more concerned with getting this woman into the fold than her incident in the other forest. "Hurt my leg," she explained, lifting it slightly in explanation. "Not that bad, though. This is Flicker Vaidya," she introduced, with a nod toward her companion.

"I found her in a swamp a little ways from here. She needs a home, and seems good enough to live here. I trust her," she added, as if that would sway Relmyna's opinion one way or the other. Did Relmyna trust her, after all this time? But she was a Melonii--her word was gold in these parts, even if an Apaata ruled the roost these days.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker cocked her head at the white and black-marked wolf; her eyes seemingly glowed from the darkness that shadowed them. She took a step back as the woman approached them, lowering her head slightly, but nonetheless keeping her eyes locked on her. She still didn't trust these wolves fully, and how could she? 

She flinched at the whisper, but she seemed worried enough; especially towards Maegi. At this, Flicker glanced towards Maegi as she lifted her paw. Her scarlet ears swiveled before letting one lay back slightly. 'Winter.' Her mind hissed to her, 'stay with them. You can leave in the spring.' Her eyes flashed with a soft delight, and maybe she wouldn't leave? That is if she were to be accepted. She frowned slightly but lifted her head up to normal, the older female seemingly much smaller than Flicker's towering build. Maybe all the wolves in this land were small.

"Greetings," She smiled, wanting to make a good impression.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she regarded maegi with a lingering glance, firm in its intent: they would speak of it later. and while she granted the young priestess a nod for her vouching, the listener let her eyes skim the newcomer once more. hello, flicker, the patchwork wolfess mouthed silently, articulating her words carefully as ever. i am relmyna. pausing, she gathered herself with a small smile.
what can you do for blackfeather? winter was almost upon them, and there were those in the wood too weak to care for themselves yet. while she trusted maegi's judgement, she must know for herself what worth this woman could be. and yet there was some part of the wolfess that wondered if the girl might chafe beneath this fact, and a wariness crept into her heart.
mouthed words | thoughts
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi caught the Listener's glance and nodded, knowing they had much to discuss. Wincing, she took a step back, letting the two of them handle the conversation without her. If she was needed, she could chime in, but for now, she watched from the shadows, bicolored eyes floating between the two and hoping--hoping--that Flicker would make a good impression here.

you can skip me until y'all are finished
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker inclined her head to Relmyna, her ear swiveled in assessment; an action she seemed to be practising more often. The other kept pointing forwards towards the voiceless one. Maegi had told her little about Relmyna, but Flicker had dealt with voiceless ones before; albeit not in this setting. Her features and manner dropped to a submissive point in respect; she was not about to offend this wolfess when she desperately needed an alliance. 

But everything screamed at Flicker that these wolves were different. Wrong, even. She gave the quietest of grunts to gather herself before speaking. "I seek to help you for the winter," her eyes watched the patchwork features of her face before continuing, "My loyalty is yours to use, I will hunt with you in return for winter shelter. And if you wish I can be gone in the spring."  

She gave her a small smile, genuine and hopeful, maybe she would make a friend of the patchwork wraith. Maybe she could trust them; but not yet. Not until she was certain.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the tall firelicked woman spoke, her stance deferential. relmyna listened quietly, noting the lithe musculature beneath the intriguing pelt, the offer to depart. no need, she mouthed warmly toward the newcomer. if you join us, you shall stay. though her tone was permanently departed, relmyna's expression shifted ever so slightly: do not abandon us, came the message of her stare.
there is room in blackfeather. from where did you come before? the offer of help had won her; the listener stepped forward upon the heels of her question, extending her muzzle to exchange breath with flicker in the manner of their kind.
mouthed words | thoughts
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker watched the reaction of the wolfess, clearly she had to impress her; but she neither trusted her. ‘You shall stay,’ for whatever reason that stuck in Flickers mind. Cunning; snake; wraith. Golden eyes narrowed at ther patchwork one. She supposed it would be the best she’d get, besides, how bad could it be? Once you look past the otherworldliness that seemed to cling to the woods, it could be pleasant. But she’d definitely visit the mountains, that is where she belongs after all. 

“I came from the southern mountain ranges.” A smile accompanied the words as if remembering her life there, and diminished before she would recall the events of her packs downfall. ‘There is room in blackfeather.’  Flicker silently thanked whomever overlooked her as she too extended her muzzle to greet Relmyna, scarlet ears sleeked back and her muzzle lowered slightly in the upmost respect of the Listener; she would not ruin her chances.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was an answer relmyna accepted, and one that made her mind. a treacherous wolf might not have assisted maegi this way. it occurred to the listener that those who had come could only be loyal to those who had brought them, and briefly relmyna considered the clear bond betwixt the young priestess and the one-eyed boy.
putting aside such faint and untested inklings, relmyna refocused upon flicker and her show of submission. join us, she murmured without sound, moving so that flicker might enter. maegi, if it is all right, i would like flicker to help you to a resting place, the listener added, turning to the melonii she-wolf with a soft look.
mouthed words | thoughts
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Couldn't complain at all about that interview. Maegi watched silently, a faint smile coming to her maw as Flicker did well, and Relmyna seemed pleased. She was slightly taken aback when the Listener shot her the question, but nodded after a beat, rising to her paws with a small grunt.

"Sure," Maegi responded, glancing over at Flicker with a grin. "I'll give you a tour when I can actually walk more than a few steps without having to stop," she said wryly, falling into line beside the new recruit. It would be fun to show Flicker around. Introducing newcomers to this place, with all its history and lore, was one of her favorite things.

She dipped her muzzle politely toward Relmyna. "Thanks for giving her a chance," she said, gaze kind. It made her feel a bit better, to know that her words, her actions, still held weight here. She would have been crushed, both for herself and for Flicker, if the woman had been turned away.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker nodded softly, she didn't show how truly overjoyed she was; despite the strange company that called these woods home. But she now had a pack, a place to call her own. As Relmyna mentioned Maegi her gaze slid to the marred wraith, a small smile upon her maw. She owed her for this opportunity. The painted wolfess nodded at her mention of a tour, "I'd be grateful, but don't rush yourself." Her head tilted in a slightly critical way, again her eyes were drawn to the twisted forepaw. She turned back to the woman before her.

But despite her fortune, the small voice hissed at her again, pouring twisted and capricious notions like ink bleeding into water into the happiness that blanketed her. 
'What have they let into the forest?' 
That message stuck with her as Maegi led her into the darkness.
I think we can archive this now :)
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fading here :) welcome to bfw

maegi agreed; relmyna dipped her muzzle to the pair, her gaze warm. it cooled only slightly once the pair had disappeared from view — the listener backed into the shadows and was departed, a chilling thought coming to roost indefinitely upon her sharpboned shoulder.
mouthed words | thoughts