Phoenix Maplewood That's how the rumors began.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
Her attitude to protect and serve became ferocious, especially after the Leaders went missing. The two who accepted her into Morningside; Aditya and Sunny, were currently absent, and their locations were unknown. Alya confirmed Aditya's absence, and she has not seen Sunny for a while and only called for the assumption... They left without a word, and it was only days prior she remembered them greeting her all full of smiles, one who was teaching her of Morningside's past, and the other she had a heartfilled talk to. Desdemona couldn't deny she felt hurt by their disappearence, which showed on her glaring face, but she worried more then anything of them. Anxiety swelled her tightened chest. The Pack was the place she has officially called a home, and whom she dutifully swore to protect. How could she protect when some are gone?

Desdemona was only new, but after swearing to serve the Pack, day in and day night did she patrol the borders. She felt it was her duty, to help protect the peace of Morningside, as they accepted her with a warmth she has never felt for before. She was indebted to Aditya especially, and still remembers the last words he gave to her before disappearing, 'welcome home.'

And now she waits. Her body moved in a reptition, as Desdemona circled the borders, marking and guarding, awaiting to face anyone who comes to the forest. While they were gone, she would take care of them all. With her slender and lithe body, the wolf would sacrifice it just to protect them.
61 Posts
Ooc —
@Aditya, may I be un-PPC'd?

He has been watching her, as any good boy is to do.  Once upon a time Eventide had wanted to fill Aditya's pawprints.  Since Daddy had died, Eventide had taken to following Aditya around when he did border things.  He watched the hunters when they worked.  There was a hunger in his eyes to be successful and revered.

But now Aditya was gone.  And so it seemed was everyone else... except this joiner, who still dutifully trailed the borders.  He moved beside her and wordlessly fell into step, tired golden eyes seeking to meet the jade of Desdemona's gaze.

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Paws ached as she moved without rest for quite some time. No one disturbed the routine, until the soft sound of tiny paws gradually walked beside her and the scent of one much younger then herself. While keeping pace, she bent her head down to look at this unfamiliar pup. Desdemona had met two others, Timberlake and Kasatka, but not this one. She hadn't had the faintest idea of how many Morningside had, but she felt a slight ache now they are without a leader, and the necomers needed to protect these pups.

Her gaze was detatched without a mothers warmth, but she eased off of the glare that the dark wolf held earlier. She gave the pup a nod of acknowledgment, and Desdemona adjusted her pace so he could keep up.
61 Posts
Ooc —

The desire to protect is strong within him.  It has been cultivated since birth, and strengthened by the sorrow that has plagued Morningside for the past several moons.  Perhaps it is childish, but he believes that they can overcome this.  He needs to believe that they can overcome this, because anything else was too unbearable.  

The woman slowed so he could keep up, and he was secretly grateful.  He was stoic and he would've made to keep up with her regardless.. but this slower pace was suited to him better.  Her gaze was detached as it struck him, and his mouth fell for a second before he said, Um, hey!  Do you mind if I help?

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She blinked at this request and cocked her head a bit in questioning, but answered him nontheless, "I do not." Though she wasn't sure why he desired to help. Desdemona assumed for pups, the repetitive task of circling the forest and marking surely was boring. However she wouldn't turn down an extra paw. The dark wolf didn't have that delicate touch of giving warm words, as she never dealt with pups. She didn't feel comfortable with the suppose 'baby talk' some would give, and gave him the same tone she uses for adults. 

"We will walk around the forest and mark,"  Desdemona frankly told him. Though she wouldn't tell him her usual routine consisted of doing this several times throughout the day. Remembering how she grew up, she didn't want to exhaust his growing form, as she once caused muscle pains from trying too hard. 

Desdemona proceeded to lift her head to look straight on, but not before giving a final glance at him, "what is your name?" she inquired.
61 Posts
Ooc —

He didn't mind being spoken to like an adult.  He was nearly six months old now; almost as large as the adults but still awkwardly proportioned, and despite his childish demeanor he did in fact carry a full grasp on the English language.  

If he wanted love, he would've sought out Aditya — except, wait.  He couldn't do that anymore, could he?  Cool, he said at her first statement, then he turned to look at her again and took in her words.  Border partrols were something he was used to by now (for the most part), so he didn't take issue with it.  Sometimes he fould cool stuff, like bones or shiny rocks, or places where the trees cleared and he could see the cloud formations in the sky!

I'm 'Tide.  Eventide.  He puffed out his chest until he caught sight of something buried in the leaves.  Half-buried in the dirt was an exceptionally large bone.  He veered from Desdemona's side and barked, before frantically beginning to dig at this new interesting thing.

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
The guard dipped her head in a greeting, "I am Desdemona." She didn't hold a nickname like Eventide, and if the option came, she would prefer her given name. Something like Des, or Desde seemed to be unsuiting. 

Raising her brow to his sudden departure toward a mound of leaves, she raised her long legs to follow his excitement. Desdemona remained silent at his adventure, not minding the slight detour. She believed those who are young should enjoy what they can, and she didn't mind waiting. Even though she is young as well, the joy of a childhood was never there. She wouldn't want the same to any other wolf.