Lion Head Mesa i ne’er was struck before that hour
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
backdated to the evening of 8/23/18

blackfeather had fallen farther.
it was as if the curse of vaati's misfortune, the death of cicero — it was as if such things had cursed the wood. and she had woken only in time to see the pack fall. if kove brought with him new blood, relmyna did not know it. the red forest enconsced her until that evening; she left behind her sleeping daughters, nosing them over once before departing at sundown.
the edge of the dark wood stretched to the beginning of the mesa; still it was some time before the scarred woman arrived. once upon a time she had almost surmounted this with a redhawk; that time was long over. gingerly she climbed, unused to the treacherous slope, but once her footing had been found, relmyna let out her breath.
all angles, all features, all hope gathered and then dashed. a low croon in her throat, and then a crying out for those who had left, and those she had loved: cicero, damien, maegi, euron, ramsay. her howl went on, not the voice of a melonii, but one who had walked among them, one who adored the children, one who could not bear to see blackfeather truly fall.
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
oh but my darling, what if you fly?
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
'Oh gosh,' a wolf was hiding behind the rocks, being awfully careful to not be spotted. She was hiding near the more unstable area while watching the female at the slope, very unsure on what to do. She didn't even realize another was near until she heard the cry... Shisu, new to the Blackfeather Woods Pack, wandered a bit away while chasing a star once the sun started to set, perhaps going a bit too far. It was hard to see the vast skies in the hooded forest- if there was she had yet to spot one. She then spent time wandering to find the scenary of the early star-risers, finding herself at the rigged and rocky area. It seemed dangerous, especially because there were a too few close calls happening to unstable footing. Though all for that view!

The gray agouti knew this wolf was from the same Pack because of the smell, but had yet to formally meet as she was a new arrival. Despite just seeing this wolf, Shisu felt saddened for her. She could hear a deep pain coming from her, but did not know how to help, nor if it was her place to.

"Uhm... Miss," she made her decision. Shisu stepped out from the more unstable area and felt her paws cross to a stable setting as she addressed the unnamed female, however there was an obvious shake in the gray agouti's voice, "do you, need a shoulder?" Was that the phrasing? Oh jeez she hoped she said it right.
i hope i got the terrian and mood right, aaa. I'll edit if it's not!
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
you did wonderfully! thank you for joining <3 also i got a bit carried away

the wind gathered up and tangled her patchwork hackles; relmyna faced out over the flatland below and the moon limned her with a desperate silver. mother, she exhaled into the cooling air. mother, hear now my prayer. a sob rose in the aspirant's throat; she swallowed it with a fluttering of her eyelids. sithis ... i am yours.
relmyna lifted her chin as the zephyrs this high grew stronger; her gaze closed and the cadence of her heart steadied itself. i beg you to see it in your power to bless blackfeather. are we weak? we have lost our way — we have lost those who might teach. potema, cicero, damien, yes, yes, even vaati. perhaps unlike the others, relmyna did not hate the brash boy; the potential of a dark brother remained in vaati, but leadership should belong to a more tempered member of the entwined bloodlines.
protect us once more, mother, sithis. mephala, relmyna whispered in a low croon to the recesses of her own skull. a chance, please, that the daughters of cicero might be reared in their birthplace. he was devout; may you see fit to bless his piety even after his death. sorrow rose now in saltwater tides within the woman's eyes; her prayers were dashed in the shaking of her shoulders, but she knew the ears of the mother and the dark one did not cease their listening. 
the gamma turned then to lay her eyes upon the plushly pelted newcomer, and blackfeather wafted toward her. so — she was one of theirs. dark ears lifted, swept forward; relmyna offered the other a wavering smile and a shake of her head. her expression grew inquiring; the woman closed the distance between the two of them, seeking kove's scent on the stranger's withers. and when she glanced into the delicately boned face, seeking a name, relmyna noted the welcoming shade of blue there, clouds in a hot summer afternoon.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
There was a worried look to the wolf, as she watched the dame quiver with sorrow. Shisu could not undestand the pain she was going through, and only hoped to lend a shoulder at this pained time. Being young and still with a long life ahead, she had yet to cross the hard path many must face as they tench through hardships. The number of troubling times she personally faced, could be counted on one paw. Time was still ahead for new experiences, but for now, she could only offer condolences.

Shisu nervously shuffled her paws as she was met with actions, and no words. The silence felt uneasy to the anxious female, she only hoped to stammer through sentences to fill that void, "Are, you sure? Uhm, sometimes just crying on another can give comfort." She queried once more, in the hope she wasn't too noisy on the situation.

As the female came closer, Shisu had caught the change in her expression, and let out a soft, "Oh," toward her inquiring look. As a new blood, not many in the Blackfeather Woods knew of her, likewise she did not know of her. Perhaps it was odd for a stranger to come forward- it would be best to introduce herself, "I'm, new to the woods. My name is Shisu, Shisu Marisol Beliveau." As she gave her fullname, the gray agouti gave a slight bow; lowering her head and giving a small bend from her front legs.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
shisu marisol beliveau. the syllables were airy upon the tongue, relmyna imagined wryly, bitter only for the faint and rueful aching of her throat toward words she could not say. but her eyes softened; so the woman was new among them. and blackfeather had suddenly become a pack of femininity. a smile curved her torn lips and she returned to shisu an answering dip of her head.
"eh ... mih .. a," the woman attempted, a self-deprecatory blush rising beneath the pale fur of her cheeks; she pressed a paw to her throat, moving it to her chest. i cannot speak, but here is my name. or what of it i can say, the aspirant sighed within her own mind. and yet it must be done; she could not continue the rest of her life with no ability to speak to anyone beyond her daughters.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"What a lovely name, miss.. Emiha?" A smile floated on her  gray face as she looked at wolf before her. Then, she paused, 'oh.' Shisu felt herself pale, as she realized why there was only silence when trying to speak with the dame. 'Gosh, I was insensitive.' Hearing her name, albeit difficulty, she understood now that wolf before her, Relyma, had trouble speaking.  She didn't know if it was birth, or an injury (not noticing the scar), and dare not to inquire with the thought to ask, rather she felt bad on attempting to push a conversation that could not happen through words.

She never talked to someone who had trouble with speech, and while it might be... Different, she felt there were otherways to enjoy a conversation, especially when wanting to lend out comfort. Shisu brows scrunched as she went into thought for a moment to find the right words to speak. She didn't what Relmyna to force words that wouldn't be needed for conversations, the wolf just needed to find one! Though she didn't realize her previous questions were simple enough to be answered through a nod or shake. 'Yes and no... Conversations should be good,' so she thought, "u-uh," she started to stammer through her hesitstions, "are you feeling, ok? Shisu said, referring to the earlier events upon meeting.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
emiha. she would take it, until she found another method of communication. with a nod, relmyna smiled reassuringly at the girl — she had done nothing wrong to find the priestess here. and she could see the other openly wrestled with the problem of how to speak, once it had been revealed that she herself could not. a thought came to her, and her ears swept forward with interest.
settling herself, gesturing that the young woman might do the same, relmyna turned her gaze upon the gentle, worried face. i am well, she mouthed. instead of making garbled sound, why not speak without the concept of it? if she moved her lips in a more pronounced fashion, she saw no reason why they could not be read. 
relmyna, she confirmed, and shisu is lovely. in hope she waited that this be the way the goddess might restore her words, and if so, would chide herself for not having thought of it first.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu followed along the gesture, settling her gray agouti body beside the pale wolf in a formal sitting position. She felt rather jittery due to being nervous, as it's been a while since she has spoken to another. She has had met other wolves since coming to this new land, but her anxiety had yet to truly leave, and she does not know if it will ever leave. She does hope though, one day she'll be comfortable enough to talk to her Packmates, and get used to her new home... In the meantime, the wolf presented herself as a nervous crybaby to others.

Her nervous facade softened a bit when the wolf before her mouthed 'i am well.' Shisu was thankful she gained a vague understanding of reading lips due to years of observing; she didn't know if the ability was perfected, but she could at least gain a small insight to what was being said. However she then opened her blue eyes in surprise, before lowering her head in embarassment, "o-h gosh! I'm, sorry, Miss Relmyna," the female said, realizing she had gotten the name wrong, "I misspoke, your name..." She didn't catch the other mouthed words, and kept her gaze toward the ground in shame.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
relmyna
a three-syllable word for self, but not that of her birth. however, that was knowledge she dared not attempt reclaim, for any try resulted in spikes of pain through her skull. oft they lasted hours or even into the following day. and so she could not remember what her natal title had been. it mattered not. the downcast head of the she-wolf before her surprised the woman, ensnared her with sorrow.
perhaps an echo of the frustrations she had felt during the time when she could not speak.
clearing her throat audibly, the priestess waited until shisu had lifted her head again. no need for apologies, she mouthed slowly. it is good to be able to speak again. and here a shy and wan smile curved her lips.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She meekly lifted her head, cautiously glancing at the wolf. There was no anger nor disappointment, but surprisingly forgiveness to the mistake. She offered a rather shy smile while nodding along to her unspoken words. The two shyly smiled, it gave the silver dame a rather warm feeling toward the wolf she just met. A certain calmness followed along, letting the usually delicate wolf able to speak more, "do you, come here often?" She questioned.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
so sorry for the wait!

they had settled nto a sort of accord now, the pair of them. relieved that the girl would keep her head up, for it was difficult to converse otherwise, relmyna shook her head. no. but it is pretty here. only once before had she come, with a young redhawk wolf before the war. ear flicked to monitor the sound of a bat winging quietly through the night before her guarded gaze turned upon the girl once more. where did you live before? as always, her mouthings were slow, deliberate; the reading of lips was not a known skill and she wished to be understood.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
it ok!!! Smh didnt even get a notification it got replied aa

Shisu agreed with a nod, she found the view very nice. It was a bit difficult to get up, but she found it perfect to simply view at all the constellation's... She felt at peace simply gazing at the stars. Though often, she looked back to make sure if the wolf beside her mouthed any new conversation.

The silver wolf held her breathe, feeling an unease toward the question. It was very obvious how she felt, "Uhm, a place, very far... I've been, travelling for a year until I came here." In that whole year, Shisu didn't speak to anyone. It felt very lonely, it was a moment in her memory she knew what it truly felt to be without anyone.. Not wanting to dwell on her own past, she turned to then question back to Relymna, "how about you miss?" She knew nothing, not even if the wolf was born in the Pack or outside. She was curious on the answer to someone who seems to been around a while.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
shisu seemed put off by the question, and relmyna felt herself withdraw to some degree. she did not wish to dissuade the newcomer; it was simply her eagerness getting in the way again. a place; she was both amused at the girl's vagueness and pensive over the idea she had said something to change the other's regard.
she was far too old for such insecurities, the priestess decided. the last year of my life has been forgotten. and before that, i can't remember. a wan smile. blackfeather is all i know. and so she had willed it and wished it; so had the gods laid out this path upon which she might walk.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She was relieved there was no more inquires about her own past. Shisu knew it couldn't be compared to some, but for some reason, she didn't feel ready to explain the reasons for her departure. The lady before her was a very nice female, she was enjoying this company.

Though she then was surprised. A whole year forgotten? That sounds dreadful.. Shisu didn't openly say her pity, but simply looked at her with a warm and sad gaze. She couldn't imagine losing a year of memories.. "But, at least you're happy... In Blackfeather Woods?" she snuffled, "I mean, uhm. Even if you lost memories.. What matters what memories you make now, with loved ones!" Even if she lost her memories, what matters more is the new memories she made. The silver dame hoped Relymna was happy.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
likewise was relmyna enjoying shisu's company. the younger woman was an elegant sort, richly cloaked in plush and pleasant in her engagement. and the priestess felt within her such a starvation for company, to dispel the heavy months of loneliness which had so plagued her. i am very happy, she responded, unable to keep her gaze from visibly brightening. my children are here. my gods are here. 
sensing that the other was pleased enough to keep focus upon the listener, relmyna mused for a moment before continuing. have you explored the wood very much? she did not think so; the girl had quite newly joined them. and relmyna wished her to know the invitation to tour was extended, should she so choose.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
just realized i keep spelling relmyna wrong

She held a small warm smile toward the dame. Shisu was pleased by Relmyna's more relaxed and upbeat talk, then the saddened howl that occured earlier. She still felt there was something more to it, but did not want to fester upon a hard topic that she seemed to not want to dwell upon. She perked up upon the topic too, her ears straightened up to the matter of the Listeners pups. She had yet to see any young ones, but was curious. Though her head then confusingly pondered to one side toward, 'my Gods,' not understanding too well on what she meant. Did Blackfeather Woods have their own religion? The silver wolf more believed in mother nature then of any religions, but respected those who thought otherwise. 

Her questioning thoughts were dispelled as Shisu's blue gaze caught the silent mouthing of the next question, "Uhm, not yet..." she shook her head. If she had to be truthful, there was a slight hesitation to go further into the dark forest. Kove did mention how it was a tad intimidating, but she thought nothing of it until really seeing the Blackfeather Woods. She had thought the stars would calm the anxiety held toward the forest, and sought to find a place to see them; thus ending around the rock formation and finding a fellow pack member.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no worries i sometimes do ngl

she had brightened at the mention of children, and shied at the prospect of the forest. a gentle heart, yes, relmyna knew, and smiled gently at the girl. she did not think the younger woman of the usual sort to visit blackfeather, but intended to make her stay as comforting as possible. astara and averna are my daughters. one dark, one pale. her own gaze lifted as she thought of them, where they might be at this moment, and then refocused on shisu.
i could go with you? if you'd like, the listener murmured noiselessly, turning her gaze out over the plateau. the shadows had darkened; from where the blackfeather pair stood upon the mesa, nightfall wreathed around the forest, and she stood silent, transfixed by its beauty.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"What lovely names." Shisu commented warmly, taking a mental note to the day she would meet them. She had yet to see any pups, but she was still fresh to the Pack life, and found herself standing more near the edge of the outskirts then in the inner dark woods... Perhaps if she did have someone to give her a tour, the agouti would find more aspects to like about it, rather then fear it.

"I'd, like that." The silver dame nodded to the proposal, and followed the Listener's gaze outward to the plateu with her own sky-blue eyes. The mesa was truly a perfect place to gaze at the land, as the silence of the night gaze a spectacler moment to simply view the place. It felt like a timeless moment, as the stars were setting out and appearing before the two, she couldn't help but smile fondly at the bright lights above.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
wrap up with another round? :D

thank you. the movement caused by the other's smile caught the corner of relmyna's eye, and she mirrored it with a wan bow of her own. the stars held energies beyond what a mortal might be capable of feeling, and yet the warmth of them was undeniable. it was not a world that could exist without hope of the brilliant lightscape above them, and the constellations gathered over blackfeather felt reborn into a new glimmer.
seeking to exchange a glance with shisu, relmyna gathered herself, shaking out her ruff before she began to pick a path down along the mesa. home called, and while the beauty of the stone promontory was not lost upon her, the forest in the distance held her true heart.
mouthed words | thoughts
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
sounds good!!

The night was beautiful. The black sky that scattered in gradiants and spots of light, only such a sky could hold this view. She did not have wishes of reaching to such stars, because for her the view it was enough. The moon and the stars, created a beautiful picture for all to see. The sky always captivated Shisu, and brought the brightest smile to her silver face.

She was glad she could see a similar image each night. The stars may shift, but the sky will always be there. She said a final goodbye within her thoughts, and turned her siamese points to where Relmyna left. Back to the Blackfeather woods, where home awaits.