Whitewater Gorge And all those evenings
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
forward dated to 10/7/2018

Autumn's arrival was quiet in Teekon. Though the trees still held tight to their leaves and the grass swayed green in the day's light, fog crept in as they slept and cold nipped at her nose as the healer left the Door behind. 

The realization that summer was over left the leader feeling introspective - her mind trailing back into the past to examine memories of autumns in Teekon that had long passed. The deep gouges that followed the length of her spine - injuries caused by the bear's attack - were still tender, causing the healer to move more stiffly than she usually might. Her wandering was limited but she longed to see see some of the nearby territory before the cold season set in and kept her closer to home. 

It was painful to pick her way down the plateau's face but once on the ground, the sylph fared well enough. She was content to wander alongside the Whitefish, following it south to the spot where it cut through the ground via ravines and narrow gorges. 

Liri turned away from the Gorge, leaving its thunderous roar behind in favor of examining the plant life that grew nearby. Her attention was drawn to a comfrey plant - as she needed to restock that particular herb in her stores - and she began to dig around the plant's roots.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
autumn had surely gone and made itself known without the slighest hint of consideration for another summer killed off by the shifting of seasons. temperatures had already fallen bitterly cold at times and left tundra with the strong feeling that it was going to be quite the harsh winter. she knew she ought to be considering options now for joining a pack, the wolves that occupied the small swath of forest located in these otherwise painfully flat lands definitely intrigued her but she found something holding her back from approaching their borders although she really wasn't sure what it was.

of course she also could have moved on from here, having never planned on hanging around for so long in the first place yet here she stood nearly a month later, still in the flatlands. why hadn't she left? and had she just left it too close to winter now to go off travelling into unfamiliar lands when she was just getting to know her way around here? a sigh heaves itself from her rather tired body as she sits, gaze resting quite aimlessly on the cropped grass swaying in the chilled breeze. to be quite honest she simply did not know what to do with herself. she'd spent her whole life serving a purpose- never having to question where she stood. now that she supposed she was free she just felt more lost, this whole idle sitting around just left her feeling as if she had a constant itch right under her thick pelt where she just couldn't reach it.

her dark gaze would shift slightly upon spotting another form not too far off- a fae of a similar ghostly colouring. she seemed to be busying herself with nearby plants and with the direction of the breeze and the way she was standing it'd make sense that she hadn't noticed tundra's presence not too far off. she smells of other wolves- suggesting a pack perhaps. a soft chuff will sound from her creamy maw- just loud enough to reach the other and let them know they weren't alone as not to startle them if they turned and spotted her. her gaze although seeming as eerily aloof as ever, held a calm rather than cold tone to it and her body remained mostly relaxed to show she really wasn't in the mood for trouble. of course if she got the wrong vibe that would all change pretty quickly but she hoped she was right in feeling like the other wasn't the type to start something for no reason.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her peppered crown turned at the chuff, her ears tilted towards the noise alertly. 

Her eyes lighted upon a mirror image - a cream colored waif from the north, scarred, with dark eyes that spoke of a world that has been unkind. The woman might have been Liri in another life. 

"Hello," she murmured softly, her tail wagging gently with welcome. This was neutral territory, and the woman did not seem a threat.

always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she was rather relieved when the woman turned at her little chuff of greeting with a warmer glint to eyes that could perhaps be similar in colouring to hers was it not for the void, icy undertones that left tundra's so much blacker in appearance to the other's more chocolate coloured eyes. when she's greeted with a soft 'hello' accompanied by a calm wag of of her tail, tundra feels her muscles relax slightly. this could perhaps be the first time she'd been in the company of another that she was close to certain of them certainly not being a threat and she was surprised by just how comforting that was to the tired warrior.

her head dips slightly in greeting as she studies the other with slight curiosity. there was a strength to the woman despite her friendliness and the similar condition of her scarred form didn't go unnoticed. not exactly sure on what to say now that she'd captured her company's attention she shifts her gaze to the uprooted plant- simply murmuring "comfrey right?" her medical knowledge lacked incredibly but she'd spent enough time in the company of healers either for herself or a fallen comrade to have picked up on a couple of things.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled, surprised but pleased. "Indeed," she chirped, "it's known to help mend broken bones," she supplied. She'd never had cause to use it herself - thankfully - but one could never be too prepared. 

"Are you a healer?" Her tail wagged at the idea excitedly. It had been some time since she had a colleague to discuss medicinal practices with, it would be nice to speak to another medic. 

"Oh! I'm Liri, Liri Tonrar," she introduced somewhat sheepishly, as if just remembering she had yet to do so.

always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she's secretly pleased by the surprise to flicker in the other's gaze at her question and the fact that she was indeed correct. she nods curiously when provided with the use of it, she'd known the name but that had been as far as her knowledge on it stretched. who knew, knowing what it could do could come in handy someday even if she had no clue on how to get it from being a simple plant to being of any good to anyone. certain herbs she knew were meant to be ingested while others worked better as a paste or mixed with something else, that had always been something to leave to the healers but she supposed when you were on your own you had to play all roles for yourself. 

a soft chuckle would slip from her jaws- oddly genuine as she shook her head half apologetically. "probably as far from a healer as you could get" she'd murmur, "i just spent my fair share getting treated so i picked up a few names here and there" another memory struggles to try and break the surface but her mind chases it back as her jaw clenches very slightly, she was not about to go there.

she's thankful when her company speaks again and gives her something else to focus on and dips her head with a smile in response. "well nice to meet you, you can call me Tundra" she doesn't bother providing a second name, her private side getting the better of her even if she appears to be quite uncharacteristically friendly at the present moment. however that was the thing with learning to live without emotion, you grew quite good at picking and pushing a fake one to the front at any time as there was nothing trying to hide beneath it. although right now at least it was actually as genuine as it could be with her, she didn't mind a bit of casual conversation after everything else.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded slightly in understanding. She was vaguely disappointed that the woman had no medical training but hid this well, her eyes shining with mirth. The woman's offhand comment of being treated fairly often, the darkness that flashed briefly over her features, raised alarms in the leader's mind but she ignored it for the sake of being polite.

"Ah, well. It's often rare that I meet other healers, I just thought that perhaps with your knowledge," she trailed off with a faint shrug. "No matter. I'm certain you've got hobbies of your own?" Her voice was bright with interest as she asked. 

"It's lovely to meet you," she murmured, head dipping once in a nod.

always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
a soft smile remains gracing her features as she blinks apologetically at the woman's words. it was true that healers seemed to be becoming much less common, something that she'd never even noticed until now. for in her time here wasn't liri the only healer she'd come across? the upturn of her maw falters as she takes this in- god knew they didn't need more warriors and yet the popularity of the rank seemed to just grow and grow. not that she could give out being one herself but still, lots of fighters and not a lot of those skilled in the arts of peace and medicine was not a good combination. 

she has to fight back a sharp laugh at the mention of her having 'hobbies' lest she alarm the kind woman however cannot help hesitating as her mind scrambles for some sort of answer. for a moment a darker part of her cannot help but wonder with a cold amusement what sort of reaction she'd get if she simply stated 'killing, training to kill, killing some more' for hadn't that been the truth? her jaw twitches slightly as she's then left thinking- how can she try to claim that's not really her if she's got nothing else? for now that those don't count as valid hobbies she really does just pull up a blank. she shifts uncomfortably, aware as to how long it's taking her to answer as she clears her throat. "i'm quite boring not going to lie, all i do is wander- typical lone wolf stuff you know" is the weak response finally given. in an effort to take the pressure off of herself she carries on. "if my nose is correct you're from a pack right? been around here long?" hell why was she turning into such a mess, she was a wolf of ice- nothing got to her. or at least didn't.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
There's something about the woman that reminds her of the Qeya that she and Kavik crossed after leaving the Sanctuary. 

Despite her stillness and her calm, there's a hint of the roiling violence beneath the surface. A mask with cracks that reveals the true nature of Tundra. 

Still, Liri isn't one to pry. Despite her inklings of what Tundra is truly like, she ignores it, politely nodding at the woman's declaration of being uninteresting. 

"We settled in the Flatlands in late summer. We've only been here for a few months," Liri answered, sensing that the woman wants to change the subject and obliging. "You're a lone wolf, yes? Have you considered joining a pack?" 

Perhaps Tundra was one of those rogues that preferred solitude.