Duskfire Glacier These quiet hours
146 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Steele perhaps?

It's been some time since Uki ventured beyond the glacier, since she found the smoke-crafted southerner - Steele. There's light in her heart that was not present when they met, she's at peace with the suspicions and doubts she voiced to Tomkin. 

As the sun set, his light fading for the paler illumination of Tiqaqq, the tundrian departed from her den - a ghostly figure as she left the caverns behind in favor of crossing through the forest, racing over the icefields.

Autumn had come, if she was not mistaken, though it was still much warmer than the north. The air was cold, particularly atop the glacier, frigid as it raked through her feathery coat like icy fingers. The wind howled in her ears, more beast than wolf. 

She didn't slow until she caught a whiff of the southron male, turning abruptly and beginning to track the scent trail back to Steele.
"And you're tired of not being strong."
142 Posts
Ooc —
Omgosh I am truly sorry about the wait on this. October was a busy month and I barely had time for wolf. I hope the reply is okay :)

Steele had been out in the afternoon again to patrol the borders to see if he could find any other wolf that would love to join them, or an intruder. He exhausted himself after a few rounds making sure not one bit of the border was gone unnoticed. Age was wearing on him, though he never looked it 4 years was making it a bit hard on him. It was supposed to be his golden years but he felt more like it when he was younger not now. 

The smoke kissed male made his way back from the farthest border not stopping until a familiar scent had whafting into his nose. It was Uki, the one who had brought him back here, a small smile crept upon his face. He let out a bark as he seen her ghostly figure just ahead. For some reason he felt a sense of happiness flood over him.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

146 Posts
Ooc —
Uki chuffed as his greyscale form emerged from the forest. She shifted awkwardly on her pale paws, unsure how to communicate with him. She wanted to learn his language but where to start? Her argent optics landed on the treeline at Steele's back, an idea lighting up her features. 

The tundrian padded to the trees, nudging Steele as she passed to catch his attention. 

"Orpik," she named it, pointing to one of the trunks with her muzzle. 

Padding back to him, she nosed the underside of his muzzle as if urging him to speak. A questioning glint shined in her eyes as she leaned back, hoping he would give her the English word for tree.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele let a big smile cross his face as Uki came up to him. Though they couldn't communicate too well he was excited to see how they would progress from this to knowing each other in the future. Steele wasn't sure what she was doing as she had passed him. The brute turned and watched her go to the tree line only after she nudged him with her passing.

'orpik' she said as she looked at the tree. It took a moment but what she was doing clicked inside his head. Slowly he walked up beside her and then nudged her softly. "Tree" he said and looked at the tall but leafless tree they were standing in front of. Maybe just maybe this would work, he could learn hers and she learns his language. A clever move, Uki, Steele had thought with a small smile.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

146 Posts
Ooc —
Uki watched and waited, worried he didn't understand. 

A smile lit up her features as he answered, tail wagging with glee. "Tree.." she repeated hesitantly, the word a bit clumsy on her tongue. 

She buried her muzzle in the cold, powdery snow at her feet. 

"Kaniktshaq," she murmured eagerly, awaiting his word in return.