Blacktail Deer Plateau do not go gentle
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
@Kavik @Liri @Illidan -- IC ≠ OOC. Hoping for quick replies. Therefore, will skip people in post order after three days of no reply.

Grezig had made her way back to the Plateau. Finally. She let a breath escape her as she stood just inside the territory she had come to know has home. Home, awkward or not. Home, despite loving a married man. Home, despite her hatred for the woman in white. She had to think of what to do now. She was tired of anger but still it welled up inside her. She could not see Liri alone. Bad things might happen. But she could not see Kavik alone lest she tear her heart open again and it bleed down her front to pool at her paws. Illidan also deserved to know. In the end, she called all three of them and hoped she could hide her detestation for Liri long enough to tell them that, essentially, she had found nothing. 

This whole trip had been for naught and it had not helped her get over anything. In the moments of travel she had turned off her emotions. The survival aspect had helped. But now, coming back here, she was raw all over again. But now instead of hating herself, she wanted to tear Liri’s throat out. And Kavik? Well. It wasn’t his fault. He was precious. And the boy. The boy was precious. Maybe Grezig just had something against females…

Sucking in a breath, she tilted her head back and howled. Afterwards she sucked in a second breath and tried to hold it as long as possible, pulling her emotions into herself and forcing them down into her chest until it felt constricted and in pain. She held the breath til she felt light-headed, then let it out and felt dizzy. She waited.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The call from the borders was unexpected. He wasn't sure why it was unexpected, though; Grezig had to return eventually. He just assumed it would take her longer than it had. Maybe she was checking in, or maybe she had good news. Either way, he halted his patrol and began to head in her direction. 

He was still a little hurt that she had not told him where she was going or that she was even leaving, but he understood; she probably didn't want to see him for multiple reasons and just needed to get out of here for a while. Still, drama aside, she was his best friend, and it stung a little that he had to be told by Liri that she had gone instead of getting a goodbye from his beta. 

His friendship with Grezig was important to him, and right now, it was a complete mess--all because he had been an idiot. Kavik could just add it to the list of things he currently felt guilty about. There was also the added problem of her feelings for him. He honestly wasn't sure what to do with that information. He only thought of Grezig as a friend, but she was a friend he very much wanted to keep in his life. He wasn't really sure how to navigate their relationship going forward, but he hoped that they could one day go back to the way things were, at least to some degree. 

As he neared the beta, he released a chuff before coming to stand in front of her. The alpha felt a whole range of emotions as he looked upon his friend. Guilt for what had happened between the three of them, sadness because she had left without telling him, relief that she was back and safe, and unfortunately a little awkwardness now that he had figured out her true feelings for him. Luckily, he was able to only portray relief and concern on his inky face. He would hate to make her feel embarrassed by acting awkward around her. Grezig, he said with a dip of his head, giving her his usual greeting as if there wasn't all this uncertainty between them now. It's good to see you. I'm glad you're okay. He would wait to question her about what information she found until Illidan and Liri were here so she would only have to state it once. So, he waited silently for the other two to show up, hoping that seeing he and the beta together wouldn't upset Liri or ruin the progress he had made in repairing their relationship.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The leader's head raised where she was lapping water from the stream, surprise etched on her face. 

Liri had expected Grezig to return of course, she was their Beta and it was obvious the pack meant a lot to her. Still, she had not expected the agouti to return so soon. She'd hoped Grezig would search for a time, dreading the day she returned. It meant finally having to deal with this odd, strained triangle between the leaders. 

She loped to the source of the call, trees thinning to allow flashes of white to announce her presence, schooling her face into a cool mask. The fae's pace slowed as she padded to the pair, oak eyes flickering briefly between them without any inkling of what she was thinking. 

Her freckled crown brushed against Kavik's shoulder affectionately as she passed, her habitual way of greeting him. She stood at his side, dark eyes finding their Beta. 

"It's good to see you home safe," she murmured by way of greeting. It was true; Liri hadn't wanted any harm to come to Grezig, despite not looking forward to her return. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig stiffened at Kavik’s approach. She had not seen him in weeks, not since before she’d left. She grunted a reply to his words and then sat and stared anywhere but at him, waiting for the others to show up. Eventually, Liri showed, and Grezig stiffened all over again. She watched as Liri nuzzled her mate and had to force her hackles to remain smooth along her neck. Her jaw clenched but she said nothing. Liri, too, expressed gratefulness that she was home. Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Grezig waited for the boy, but he did not show, and eventually it was too awkward to wait any longer.

“To get straight to the point,” Grezig said, not bothering to say hello or anything else pleasant, “I found no trace of Illidan’s family. I went to two packs, both east of here, and neither of them had much to tell me. I was thinking in the spring I might try again.” Since I won’t have any pups to look after. She breathed slowly in through her nose. Keep your shit together, Grezig. 

“One of the alphas I met, Valette of Easthollow, was particularly kind to me even though she couldn’t give me much information. We spoke for a bit and I offered her an alliance with the Plateau. I told her I’d have to double-check it with you two, but she seems level-headed and agreeable.” Grezig paused, trying to think of what else to say. “Easthollow is about three days from here, so I’m not sure what good an alliance would do between us, but it is always better to have more allies, right?”

Feel free to hop in with Illidan still, Mary!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He had not missed the beta's tensing in response to his arrival, nor had he missed the palpable awkwardness between them as they waited for his mate to join them. It was disappointing to see Grezig react that way to his presence, but he didn't hold it against her; had he been in her position, he would have probably acted similarly. He couldn't exactly expect things to go back to normal just like that, no matter how much he wished for it. 

It wasn't long before he sensed Liri near and was then met with her affectionate greeting which Kavik returned with a nuzzle of his own. Grezig wasted no time getting to the point of this meeting, stating that she was unable to find out anything about Illidan's family. The alpha as sad to hear that. As much as he wanted to dark youth to stay with them, he would have liked to see him reunited with his parents and siblings. 

The beta then informed them of a potential alliance with a pack a few days from the plateau. I think an alliance sounds like a good idea. You are correct--it's always good to have allies, Kavik answered. It is a shame you were unable to find any information to lead you to Illidan's family, but it seems you haven't come back completely empty-handed, he added with a dip of his head. He turned to his mate then to see if she had anything to add or had an issue with the proposed alliance.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
For a moment, Liri swore something dark flashed in the Beta's eyes, so quick she momentarily believed she imagined it. Some instinct told her that it had been there - some emotion she didn't care to think on brewing in Grezig's eyes. 

Her mask remained politely collected but inwardly, a metaphorical brow lifted. What? She was supposed to hide her relationship with Kavik because it made the homewrecker uncomfortable? She withheld a scoff, incredulity simmering beneath her fur. If it made the Beta angry, then she could learn to avert her eyes.

Her interest was piqued as Grezig jumped straight to business, clearly having none of their pleasantries. Liri was fine with that. The sooner she could be away from this awkward nonconfrontational confrontation. 

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Even if they are several days away, they could still be valuable allies," Liri agreed. She'd heard of Easthollow vaguely, it had existed before she fled Teekon over a year before. Still, she'd never had any reason to speak with them and was unfamiliar with Valette. Perhaps she would seek out Stone Circle herself to speak with the leader, before winter truly set in. 

"That's too bad," Liri murmured, disappointment coloring her tone. "We searched the Forest when we first found him but there was no sign of them there either," she admitted. Returning to Blackfoot Forest had been no easy task but it had been as desolate as the day she'd left it behind for good. 

"Perhaps you'll have better luck in the spring," Liri added hopefully. It had not escaped her notice that Grezig seemed to have given up on the idea of children. Liri had explained to her previously that it was not her hypothetical children that were the issue, but the male she wanted to have them with. The leader could only take that to mean that Grezig didn't want children with anyone but Kavik and she was reminded of her hopes when they first settled in the Flatlands. 

Her hopes that she, Kavik, and Grezig would build a pack to be proud of. That the Beta would be the godmother of her pups and she would see their children grow up together, playing amongst the birch and pine. How naive of her. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig was glad that they agreed with her idea of an alliance. They also both were sad that she hadn’t found any trace of the boy’s family. Well. There was nothing she could do about it now. She’d have to wait for warmer weather. Traveling long distances with winter approaching could be suicide.

With nothing left to say, Grezig sat stiffly and awkwardly, her gaze floating between the two alphas until her entire body itched to move. “Well,” she said, and paused for an uncomfortably long time. “I’ve said all I needed to. Call for me later if either of you wish to discuss anything further. Excuse me.” She stood, then, and turned to leave.
Will exit unless stopped. Sorry she’s still so weird about this! I hope she gets over it soon lmao.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik may wish to see the best in everyone, but he wasn't stupid, and so he didn't miss the tension between his friend and his mate. It upset him that things were like this now, and he wished he could just go back and time and prevent that damn day from happening. Now, everything seemed ruined, and he felt helpless and responsible. 

He dipped his head in response to her very awkward departing words, unable to keep the defeated look from his face as the beta walked a way. The alpha turned to Liri then and with a heavy sigh, he began heading back into the trees, gaze searching for his mate's to urge her to follow him. Maybe they could go for a patrol or something.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The Alpha watched as Grezig departed, knowing she should feel sorry for the woman for loving a man she couldn't have, knowing she should be concerned for the  Grezig that had been a friend of sorts. But it was clear that relationship wouldn't be mended, couldn't be. And Liri just couldn't bring herself to care anymore. 

She tried not to read into Kavik's expression, knowing now that he loved only her. Silently, still blank-faced with numbness, she followed after his dark form.