Blacktail Deer Plateau grezig gets her head stuck in a log
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Pack Activity 
MINI EVENT! This is the first of my, hopefully, multiple October events! These are NOT mandatory, but just for fun if you want to join in. The rounds are FAST, lasting only 3 DAYS. There is NO POSTING ORDER, and anyone can join at any time. I have no idea how many rounds this will last, so we’ll just see how it goes. 

THE SITUATION: Grezig has discovered an old rotted log with some strange (and non-existent, fake) mushrooms inside it! They produce bright orange spores (in the spirit of Halloween) but they are NOT harmful in any way, aside from causing some sneezing! Grezig’s HEAD is stuck inside the log! Come help her out and try not to get any of the spores up your nose!

Autumn was well and truly upon them now. It was cold and cloudy, if not raining, most days. Grezig did not mind the weather, but she did notice that it caused her some sluggishness in the mornings. She had to push herself up and out into the world some days, when all she really wanted to do was sleep in the somewhat warmer confines of the Door. She was up one cloudy morning, taking a brisk patrol of the area to try and warm up her limbs, when she came across an old rotted log. She stopped her jog and came closer to the log, inspecting if with her eyes as well as her nose. 

It was a medium-sized log, she supposed, and there was a strange slippery, sweat-like smell coming from inside it. She was cautious, making sure there were no animals nesting inside, ready to bite her face off lest she get too close. But there was nothing living inside the log, at least, nothing furry. Curiously, she pushed her head into the opening, trying to see what was causing the strange smell. As her eyes adjusted to the dim light, she finally saw what it was. Mushrooms!

As if alive, they seemed to react to her presence, puffing bright orange spores into the air, which were immediately stopped by the log surrounding them and went… the only place they could go: Grezig’s face! She quickly tried to back out of the log, but found that somehow her head was stuck! Gods, how had she gotten into this situation? How could she have been stupid enough to get her head stuck in a log? A couple of the spores entered her nostrils, and she let out a huge sneeze. Achoo!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was, of course, patrolling as well. He had woken early to find Liri still sleeping and with a nuzzle to her snoozing form, he silently padded from the den and into the cold, coudy morning. Kavik liked the winter. His coat was dark and thick, so he felt most comfortable when it was cold. So as he moved from the atrium out into the trees that forested their territory, he stretched and stood up, giving his coat a frisky shake. 

As he moved quietly through the trees, his patrol path pretty much muscle memory at this point, his panting breaths came out in white puffs in front of him. He had made a stop at the stream to have a short, morning drink before heading to the southern borders. His trip was interrupted, though, by what sounded like a sneeze. He followed the sound and soon found himself looking at Grezig with her head inside in a log. Grezig, he said in a concerned voice as he approached the log. Are you stuck in there? he asked, although he was pretty sure he knew the answer. He came and sniffed around where her head disappeared only to step back, inhale quickly a few times and let out his own sneeze.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue was beginning to feel more comfortable around her packmates, and for the most part she slept soundly when movements and whispers were kept to a minimum within the Door. However, once the first wolves began rustling around and making their departures in the morning, Rue's hypervigiliance kicked in and refused to allow her continued rest. 

Rue was not patrolling; she was headed for the borderlands. Since learning of the existence of the scout trade, she had been enthusiastically pursuing her travels and bolstering her knowledge base of the surrounding lands. Her path led her along well-worn patrol route that, from the smell of it, seemed to belong to Kavik. Rue followed along the route, feeling comforted by the scent of her alpha. The path smelled like family, like protection. 

Her head raised in interest as confused voices and --were those sneezes?-- met her ears. "Kavik?" she called, thinking she might have recognized his voice. Rue continued forward through the trees, curiosity piqued.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
After her sneeze, Grezig could hear pawsteps approaching. Her whole body grew hot with embarrassment at the idea of anyone seeing her with her head stuck in a log. —Oh, of course would be Kavik! Of all the wolves. Grezig took a deep breath with the intent to sigh, but she just ended up inhaling more spores, and coughed heavily. Then she sneezed again. Eventually, feeling stupider by the minute, she caught her breath again and said, “Yes, I’m stuck!” She began frantically trying to pull her head out of the log, but it was lodged tightly. How the hell had she gotten her head in here in the first place if it was so hard to get it out?

Then another wolf showed up to witness her mortifying situation. Oh, goodie! “Just—just get me out of here, Kavik!” she pleaded, a rare thing for Grezig to be doing. “Grab me by the scruff or something! But be careful! These mushroom spores are—are—achoo!—they make you sneeze!”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He didn't hear Ruenna call his name but saw when she arrived on the scene. He offered her a distracted nod before placing his front paws on the log and pushing down a little to see how sturdy it was. I don't want to grab your scruff; I'm afraid I'll hurt you. There has to be another way, he said placing his feet back on the ground and walking to the other side of the log. He looked to the silver female then. *Do you think you could help me try and widen this hole? he asked before biting at the the bark and attempting to pull some of it off. With some work, he actually managed to get a chunk off, and orange spores flew into the air through the opening he had just made. He stepped back and released large sneeze before moving back to the log and working on getting his beta out again.

*That's what she said. lmao! I couldn't help it. #noragrets
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Even though she was a somewhat late arrival, it was unmistakable what was going on here. If Rue had been a different wolf, she might have cracked a smile at the ridiculous look of Grezig's torso attached to a log. However, being Rue, the girl rushed forward in concern, not amused in the least. Although Grezig was not a close companion of hers, she was valuable to Blacktail Deer Plateau and she could really be hurt. 

As Kavik stepped away to sneeze, Rue stepped in to assist while he was recovering. Rue's daintier features were of invaluable assistance in this task, and she was able to work her lower jaw into the hole Kavik started with surprising ease. After chewing for a moment, she was able to rip away another piece from the log. 

Learning from Kavik's error, Rue scrambled backward from the log when she felt the bark coming loose. Who even knew what those mushroom spores would do to her insides, after all. She wrinkled her nose furiously and was able to stave off a sneeze. "Is that wide enough?"* Rue called to Grezig. 
* I'm rolling xDD
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Between the two of them, Kavik and Ruenna managed to tear the log open enough for Grezig to quickly pull her head out, sneezing multiple times as she did so. She did not know it, but her entire face was covered in orange spores. Snot clung to her nostrils and she quickly ducked down and wiped her nose on the grass, hoping the worst of the sneezing was over. She groaned, and then turned to face the two of them. “Thank you. I was afraid I’d be stuck in there, sneezing forever—

But she didn’t have long to sit and thank her rescuers. Like something angry, the mushroom spores were pouring out of the now much wider hole in the log. Grezig turned and stared at them as they caught in the wind and flew straight for them, her eyes wide in horror. “Run!” she cried, not wanting to have the spores stuck up her nose for the rest of her life. Without waiting, she ran off through the trees, hoping the other two were following.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Between the two of them, Kavik and Ruenna managed to clear enough room around the beta's head to set her free from her log prison. He kept his comments to himself regarding her orange head as now wasn't really the time to joke with her about it. The alpha turned to Ruenna to thank her for her assistance but was interrupted by Grezig's warning. He turned and saw the spores billowing out of the log and wasted no time getting up and sprinting after his friend and her pumpkin head.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Grezig turned to thank them, and Rue opened her mouth to alert the beta that she still had spores all over her face. Rue never got the words out though, because she was interrupted by a gust of wind that sent the spores swiriling up in an angry orange whirlwind. Rue ended up inhaling a mouthful of spores, which meant she wasted valuable time coughing when she should have been running. By the time she was able to stumble away from the log, she was coated in orange dust like a furry Cheeto. Picking up speed, she ran in the direction of the others, still coughing as she went.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Finally, the three of them seemed far enough away from the orange spores, so Grezig slowed down. She was panting from her run, and turned back to Kavik and Ruenna to see how they were doing. That was when she saw Ruenna’s body clearly for the first time. She stifled the laugh that wanted to come up and said, “Ruenna, you’re… you may want to bathe in the river. You are covered in spores.” She turned to Kavik and looked him over. “You, somehow, came away without many, but you still have some on you.” Grezig realized then that her head had been closest of all to the mushrooms and a look of horror flashed on her face. “How—How do I look?”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded his agreement when Grezig suggested the silver female wash off in the river. He would probably do the same just to be safe. When the beta inquired about her appearance, Kavik briefly averted his gaze and attempted to stifle a chuckle. He didn't want to lie to her, but he as afraid he would laugh if he tried to explain her appearance to her. But, he tried anyway. Uh, well, your entire head is orange, the alpha said, trying and completely failing to keep the amusement from his face. I would suggest you also try to clean up in the river, he added, this time a low deep huff of laughter escaping his chest. He rarely laughed, but he just couldn't help himself.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
When Ruenna finally staggered up to the other two, still coughing, she was informed that she was covered in the spores. She nodded at Grezig's suggestion, still unable to get words out between her coughs. It felt like the spores were stuck in the back of her throat, and the only way that they were going to come out was if---

Uh oh. 

Rue turned away from the others a split second before she yacked up her breakfast. Rue only just barely managed to avoid Grezig's paws with the mess. "Oh, god, I'm sorry," she stammered out, finally able to speak but too embarassed now to meet anyone's gaze.

She actually felt a lot better now, physically at least. Maybe it would help if she made a joke out of it? "Kavik, you need to do something embarassing now, so we can be a trifecta of shame." Grezig had gotten her head stuck in a log, Rue had nearly coated her friends in puke, and now it was most definitely Kavik's turn for public humiliation. Rue cracked a small smile and chanced a look up at her packmates.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Hi sorry I suck. School is literally killing me slowly.

Grezig was not used to being laughed at, and if it had come from anyone besides Kavik, she probably would have killed them for daring to do so. She felt herself flush as he explained that her entire head was orange. “I see,” she said, her voice cold with annoyance. She didn’t have time to linger on her embarrassment, however, because Ruenna started coughing. Grezig turned to the girl—right as she turned away and puked. Oh, good. Vomit. Well… “It was probably better that you threw up. I do not know what those spores would have done to your insides.” 

’Kavik, you need to do something embarassing now, so we can be a trifecta of shame.’

Grezig quirked an eyebrow at Ruenna’s words, and then smirked and turned to look at Kavik. Her eyes challenged him to do as Ruenna had suggested, and she waited to see what that might be.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Grezig seemed less than pleased with his amusement, and he slightly regretted laughing at her; it was not his intention to embarrass her. He was about to tell her as much, but the alpha's attention was drawn to Ruenna who was currently vomiting. He winced a little, feeling bad for the silver female. 

Her words caused an uncertain expression to cross his face, and when he glanced at his beta, she was shooting him a challenging look. How exactly was he supposed embarrass himself? He was a humble man in most regards, but intentionally making a fool of himself in front of his packmates seemed odd. Uhh, he said, releasing a nervous huff. He wanted to respectfully decline, but something about the look on his friend's face made him pause. He looked around for a minute, trying to think of something he could do. 

Without saying anything, he ran back to the log where Grezig had just been freed, and glanced inside. There were still some spores inside, along with the occasional orange he saw floating in the air. He smiled and placed his front paws inside the log before doing the same with his back paws. Kavik then ran back to his packmates, stopping in front of them with four orange feet and asking, How's this?
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue nodded weakly at the kind words Grezig offered. She had lost her breakfast in front of two members of the leadership tier, so her embarassment wouldn't be allieviated quite that easily. Even so, the beta was obviously trying to make her feel better, and the attempt was appreciated. 

Although Rue had meant her words as more of a joke than a challenge, Grezig seemed to take them literally and looked to Kavik expectantly. Rue almost said something to alleviate the awkward moment, but Kavik dashed away before she found the words. Rue made to exchange a small, curious glance with Grezig. 

Kavik returned with his little orange socks, and Rue shook her head with small chuckle. She wasn't laughing at the fact that Kavik's feet were orange so much as she was laughing at the idea that he actually thought that was embarassing. Obviously, he didn't have much experience being embarassed. Lucky him.

"Good enough," Rue allowed with another shake of her head and a good-natured smile.  "On to the river, then?" All of them-- Grezig especially-- were in need of a thourough wash.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig felt bad wanting Kavik to do something embarrassing once he gave his little huff. He clearly had not expected it and she was about to call it off, but he ran off back towards the log with the spores before she could say anything. Damn. He came back some minutes later and his paws were completely orange. She snorted.

’Good enough,’ Ruenna said.

“Agreed,” Grezig chimed in.

Ruenna mentioned the river and Grezig nodded. “Yes, let’s wash off. I’d really like to stop having an orange head now, even if I can’t see it. Let’s go.” With a grin, she turned and trotted off towards the river, looking over her shoulder to see if her friends were following.

[Exit.]

Feel free to do exit posts or not. I'll close this in three days regardless. Thanks for the thread, guys! Sorry I couldn't do more Halloween stuff with you! <3
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik shrugged. His attempt to embarrass himself was not the best, but oh well. When Grezig requested they all head to the river to ash up, the alpha nodded and began heading in the direction, offering her a dip of his head when she glanced over her shoulder before sprinting the rest of the way to the water.
I'm no good without you