Bearclaw Valley something human
46 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Nebula is hereeeee. Really hoping for @Indra but AW and tags for @Xan @Laurel

She had lingered too long in the area and that mixed with already helping them look for a lost boy made her feel like she ought to just do this. So she showed up with a small gift of a plump rabbit. The fog had almost hidden the pack's location from her but she had managed to find it the closer she got. It seemed the magnificent valley walls refused to be hidden from sight forever.

The small piebald girl set down her gift and tipped her head back, letting out a soft call. Perhaps the autumn wolf would recognize her voice and find her first. Nebula wasn't sure she could handle being mistaken for the missing Lucas again.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
playing indra's physical appearance as super vague (in light of stigmata/indra thread) hopefully she isn't dead and isn't cameoing as a ghost KEK

since those two strange wolves had been spotted near the border, indra was on high alert; she was already a high-strung wolf when it came to her patrols, but now she was downright neurotic. first lucas had disappeared, then merrick had been potentially in danger -- it was just too much for the woman to take in stride, and she was visibly more frazzled than in weeks past.

a howl had trickled through the cold fall air, and indra was on it without a second to spare: as she neared the valley's singular entrance she prepared for the pair of wolves again, her head low and expression tired and ugly. as she drew closer it was obvious her suspicions were unjustified, for the figure that called her was a gently grey piebald wolf -- the female that had helped her look for lucas.

recognition spanned her countenance as she drew to a stop. she couldn't help but notice lucas was not alongside nebula, and it pained her -- so instead she focused her full attention on the she-wolf, wondering (and refusing to hope) what had drawn her to bearclaw's door.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
Things had not changed much in the last weeks, everyone was busy with something else and Nunataq was left to her own devices. She did a little hunting, a little wandering around, a little patrolling and a little mischief as well, but the latter these days was neglected just as much as the first three activities. No one cared and, though Nuna had never been the one to be appraisal-thirsty, it felt kind of pointless trying hard all the time, when there was no one to correct her mistakes and tell her, how to do things better.

Therefore, when a call from the borders raised in the air, Nunataq, who had been busy deciding, what use could an old and mossy tree-stump be to the world, was happy to leave this silly task and run towards the real business. Just think - the chance to fulfill her purpose, to be rightfully growly and unfriendly, and defend your home. And, if she did all these things well, then would adults finally notice her again.

But by the time Nunataq got to the culprit of action, Indra had beaten her to it. And, since the aura of her caretaker had not changed the least from what it had been this whole time (in brief - no fun), Nuna gave her a brief, indifferent look and then went on to greet the stranger (who was not such at all) with a lot more cordiality in her features. She remembered well their recent encounter in Wapun meadow, the hunt they had had together. And - oh - she had even brought them a gift! With a wagging tail she first acknowledged her friend and then went on to inspect the rabbit curiously.
46 Posts
Ooc —
She smiled sheepishly at the autumn wolf. Her ears fluttering back against her head before popping back up. Nebula had opened her mouth to speak but her attention was quickly directed to another familiar form. Her tail swayed behind her easily as the child examined the rabbit. While she would have loved to encourage the child to take it, she supposed she ought to explain why on earth she was even here.

I...I was hoping to join. She admitted with a small smile. It's just, everyone keeps mistaking me for someone I'm not and I've been hanging out in the meadows just outside of here while helping. It feels right to actually join, to contribute more that just a set of eyes and an extra nose.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she was not alone with the grey piebald for long before nunataq came; despite her familiarity with nebula, indra was not lackadaisical and for a brief moment seemed to stiffen as nunataq drew near to the woman. it surprised her to witness the two at least knew each other; nunataq's eye was soft and her posture kind, which told indra all she needed to know.

she thought a while about what nebula had said; and before that, what nebula had done for the small family in this vale -- as nunataq inspected the rabbit, indra was busy inspecting within.

the pack was small. another adult would not portend doom for them -- and, most of all, the children needed socialization besides that of their family. winter would be here soon, too - nebula's assistance in hunts would be a boon for them. they could take down big game again.

it startled and pained indra then, to realize she was only thinking of how nebula could benefit them, and not thinking of nebula as an individual with wants and needs: like security, comfort, and a home..

when had she become so jaded? and so cold?

"you helped me, so for that, i would say you are welcome here. nunataq seems to like you - i can think of no higher endorsement."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
The rabbit smelled so, so good, it was fresh and warm and, where Nunataq's nose plowed through the plush fur, there were lines of drool left. Indra began to speak, drawing the girl's attention briefly away from the lunch dish, but, since her caretaker was not eyeing her, nor were the words addressed to her directly (and, honestly, Indra knew better than to waste verbal communication on Nuna at all), she returned to the inspection. The desire to have this rabbit all to herself came together with the expectant rumble in the pit of her stomach. She was hungry. A quick look from Nebula to Indra and back to Nebula helped her realize that no one was interested in the food at all. Therefore with a muffled "clackt" she snatched the dead creature and began to pad away from the two adults. They could deal with their business on their own, Nuna had more reasonable things to do. EAT!