Stone Circle Into the negative
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette was quite worried still about Greyback. He still had not returned. The alpha female was getting worried. Almost a moon had passed! The female was checking the borders more often to see if Greyback was there. It was silly because she knew he would howl probably when he arrived. Valette had to keep her mind busy. Hence why she decided to see one of the newer members and try and find Ira, Greyback's daughter.

Perhaps because she was missing Greyback she decided to talk to the young female. She felt a bit guilty but she was genuinely interested in the other. Perhaps she could tell her more about her life or other things. Valette just needed a distraction. Plus, maybe if Ira was saying all this bad stuff about Greyback then her fondness for him might grow less. That would be good. Since she loved Stark and should not feel anything more than friendship for Greyback.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The large female in question was sitting near Stone Circle, currently invested in grooming some of the longer tuffs of fur along her arm and shoulder. It would be silly to think that thoughts of her father did not cross her mind, not after she found him again only for the male to go missing. To be honest, every time that thought crossed her head her fur bristled.

Leave it to the oh so great father figure to turn tail once again. The man knows nothing of responsibility.

Ira's ear twitched at the sound of another wolf approaching. She paused mid lick looking up through narrowed eyes, half expecting it to be that younger wolf she encountered earlier, although as soon as her Alpha stepped out into the clearing she hopped to her paws to greet her, a tinge of embaressment heating her pelt for her mistake. Ma'am-- my apologies, I was not expecting you.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't expect to startle the female. The dark chocolate female quickly offered a kind smile. She didn't mean to disturb Ira or make her feel like she couldn't groom herself. There was nothing embarrassing about it, right? "Oh no worries, Ira," she instantly assured. Her eyes traveled to the tallest stone, Steady's stone. Now the sadness had turned into only good memories of her former mate. "No need to be formal here," she added. She was just Valette after all. She rather be more of a mother figure rather than a strict ruler.

The dark female offered a warm smile. "I was just wondering how you were doing," she admitted then. "I wondered if you were settling in well and if it wasn't too tough to live with... well, someone you dislike," she tried to put it nicely. She then realized this might all be terribly personal. "If it is too personal, I apologize. I was just curious. I never had a good bond with my father and I would not be able to live with him," she revealed about herself.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The grey-scaled wolf seemed to pause as she collected her thoughts. If you don’t mind, but I am rather stuck in my ways. Formalities are a must for me. If they displease you then I will do my best to call you otherwise.

Ira let her eyes follow the alpha’s to the tall stone, her gaze suggesting there was more to the great stone than what she could see. I’ve been settling just fine. Fine enough for a wolf use to being alone at least. I’m assuming he told you everything then? It’s not exactly hard for me when he is not even present for me to be disturbed by his presence. she sighed quietly as her gaze turned back to the chocolate wolf, If I am to be quite frank with you, I chose to stay here because Greyback picked here. There are hundreds of packs between here and the mountains we traveled from and he did not join any of them. I wanted to see what was so special about Easthollow....is that a bad reason to stay?

Ira took a moment to pause before closing her eyes. But whatever bound him here wasn’t enough I suppose. For someone who wanted a fresh start, he sure is making a bad impression already running off again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head to the female. "Of course. Then I will allow you to be formal with me,' she spoke with a smile. She wanted to say that Greyback was stuck in his ways with that as well, though with her he seemed to call her 'Lady Valette' less these days which she saw as a good sign. She liked things more informal.

Valette was unaware that Ira was not up to speed with the largest stone of them all. She might learn of that later. Now Valette was mostly interested in Ira's life. "He told me some of it. I am not sure if it everything," she admitted to the female. It came to the table when she was sad about Steady, about losing a mate. Greyback told her about losing his own mate as well.

The alpha female dipped her head when the female asked if she could be frank. The female spoke about Greyback not being present and that she already knew that he was living at Easthollow. "That is not a bad reason at all," Valette assured. 'I can imagine it can be interesting to see where your father lives and to see why he does stay here and did not with you at the time," she spoke more softly, not wanting to hurt the female with her words.

Valette frowned. "He didn't run off," she corrected. "I send him away. It is my fault that he has not been around." Wait, that sounded wrong. "I mean, I saw dark clouds and Greyback mentioned that it was from a fire. He insisted to find out if it hurt our allied pack Morningside. That he has been away for a month is my fault. I allowed him to go. I shouldn't have let him," she spoke more worriedly. What if Greyback got injured or something else bad happened.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
When Valette corrected her on the disappearance of Greyback, Ira remained stonefaced as if his reasons for leaving all had the same meaning. Surely this allied pack is not that far away? Perhaps it was a convient excuse for him to disappear. He has traveled much further before and, as much as I loathe saying this, he is capable of taking care of himself if he made the treck here from my home mountains. The tone of her Alpha’s voice intrigued the grey-scaled wolf as she squinted slightly, inspecting the other woman’s face.

You resent your decision... don’t. Whatever trouble he runs into is on his head, not yours. Ira pulled her gaze away, now looking up to the changing leaves. I stand by what I said before, if he did not now, he would have ran off eventually. she paused now glancing back to Valette out of the corner of her eye, Do not grow attached to him.

Ira was not entirely sure if the Alpha was truly worried for a packmate’s saftey or if there was something more, but she could figure that out later. The last thing Valette needed was to get involved with Greyback.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was starting to think. It wasn't more than a few days traveling now she thought about it. Greyback should have been back. What was she saying? That Greyback wasn't returning? Valette disliked that idea a lot. She didn't think that he wasn't loyal. Valette was certain that the male was loyal to Easthollow. Such a thing had never been a question before. Ira continued. What if she knew a different side of Greyback, what if he wasn't going to return. Ira's words were clear, do not grow attached.

"I don't think he would abandon us," she spoke but a bit more hesitantly. "Why do you think he would run off?," she asked curiously. "He does have a good life here,' Valette added. However, the female's words did start to stir some caution with the alpha female. What if Greyback wouldn't return? What would she do then? Valette realized that she was far more attached than she thought at first.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A low snort escaped the female's maw. Why do I think he'd run off? Gods it's not like he hasn't done it before. She gave a small shake of her head. He had it good before supposedly too. Then he mated with someone he shouldn't have, she died and he ran away. Did he want to leave? Perhaps not, but that does not change his actions. He did not belong in my world. His blood should have never been introduced to my world.

The grey wolf sighed as she moved to cast her gaze on the chocolate wolf. I do not know you that well, and I do not know Greyback aside from stories, but if I did not warn you and something happened I would regret it. You seem like a strong leader and you have a heart for others, but be aware of where you leave it. Her expression suddenly grew grimm as she took a few steps away to gaze up at the stones. I hope for your sake you prove me wrong and he returns.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened to what Ira had to say when she asked why he would run away. It was something to think about, but then again, she did already hear the story from Greyback's side. Ira's vision of it was true in a way. His action was to leave instead of to stay. So perhaps he would want to do that again. "So you are saying that your mother and father never should have been together? But what if they truly loved each other?,' Valette wondered. She didn't want to say that Greyback's choice was the right one, she was just curious what Ira would think.

"That is sweet, Ira," she took the compliment. "I try not to judge on someone's past. As I know from myself that I was a very different wolf when younger. Hence why I try to take my opinions from first hand experiences instead of stories. And sometimes, you are right. My heart is too big and it gets hurt but I wouldn't do it differently, I think," she spoke. "I hope so too," she admitted to her and then smiled. She noticed that Ira was looking at the stones. "Would you like to know more about our stones?"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wasn't a matter of loving each other, it was the fact that my old pack had a pure bloodline that my father destroyed. If my mother had left the pack maybe I would have different views, but instead he inserted two mix breeds into a noble setting and everyone knew. The grey-scaled wolf's face seemed to twist as she thought back to her old family. There was more the the story, but Valette did not need to know the details of her personal life.

She gave a small shake of her head to clear her thoughts as she refocused on her Alpha's voice. Ira's expression seemed to soften a big as Valette explained herself. That's noble of you to say, but neverless you must have caution anyways. Some people do not change. When the conversation moved to the stones she glanced back at the chocolate wolf with an inquisitive look. So there is more to these stones?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wondered about this pure bloodline. To her, it almost sounded like the pack used inbreeding to keep this 'pure' bloodline, but didn't give that a lot of birth defects? She didn't know the full situation. Perhaps she was just assuming the wrong things. Valette just nodded as a first reply. "I don't know the full story so I will leave it to your beliefs what to think of it." A very diplomatic answer, at least she felt like that.

"That is very true," she could only agree with the female. Valette then turned her attention to the stones and nodded. "Yes," she spoke. "The previous leader of Easthollow Steady is buried by this stone. That is why we call it Steady's stone. He is also my first mate," she explained. "More are buried here actually, my step-daughter and other pack mates. This is also our central meeting spot. So that the ones who passed can be with us when serious matters need to be discussed." Some wolves might not like the idea but Valette loved the idea that she could still be with the ones she loved, and have a connection with them.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira was greatful that Valette did not pry further into her past life, but she was a bit disappointed she did not take her words about her father more to heart. She shouldn't be too surprised though since the Alpha had already expressed her desire to give wolves another chance. As Valette spoke of the tall stone Ira's expression changed to a more somber and understanding look as she gaze upon the stones. It's a graveyard... Her words were softly spoken as she cast her eyes down. I can imagine this Steady was quite the wolf then to have so much tributed to him? I'm sorry for your loss...
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded at Ira's comment. "Well, yes. But also a central meeting space for the whole pack. For us to remember them," she spoke. Valette wasn't sure if she would want to use the word graveyard. "Not all are buried here. Only the ones that are part of our family. Loyal pack members," she explained. Others she would not place in this sacred circle.

Valette nodded. "He was. He was. He made me who I am today. I lost a fair amount of loved ones when I was a yearling. I did grow very bitter and hateful." As was clear now, she was not like that at all at this moment. "He taught me about having a warm heart and opening myself up to others instead of being alone," she explained. She couldn't count the time that Steady was selfless and would give his life for another. "He was extremely special and important to me."

Valette let out a soft sigh but then lifted her shoulders and her head. A smile came upon her lips. "I've finally accepted his death. It was the toughest thing for me to accept that he wasn't there. But now when I remember him, I don't become sad. I'm happy that he was such a big part of my life." Though sometimes she would have her times of sadness or missing him. She regretted that she never could give him his own children.

"Easthollow is something we created together, hence why I've tried my best leading this pack." She had grown into leadership, made it something of her own. Still, she was not a very strict leader, more motherly in her leadership than anything else. There was some history for the new female. Valette offered Ira a smile.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira seemed to grunt in acknowledgement as the chocolate wolf continued. That's fair I suppose... The Alpha's words about her childhood interested the stone wolf. In some way she felt like they were similar, or perhaps more so before she met Steady. As much as Ira would do anything to protect her packmates she couldn't say that she was very open to others. It wasn't so much that she prefered to be alone, it just seemed better that way. If her emotions ran wild how would she be able to uphold her duty to the pack?

The grey-scale wolf blinked herself out of her thoughts as Valette finished now giving her a smile. That's very noble of you Ma'am. She seemed to scratch at the ground for a moment before looking back to the other wolf. Forgive me for this, but how did you accept your loss?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head. She could only do so much to honor Steady, and the more wolves knew about him the more would remember. She thought for a moment about Ira's question. It took a long time for her to accept the loss. But slowly it became better. She had her children to love and slowly she felt less alone. "Eventually the sadness and anger fade and you start to think of the good moments."

Valette couldn't really explain it well. "I kind of don't know how I came to accept it. Perhaps one can't stay angry and sad all the time. Plus, I remember that Steady would not want that for me. So that helped. Just to think what he wanted." Yeah, now she thought about it, that was what made her start living, to have her think what Steady would think when seeing her so sad. He would want her to be happy.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
We can wrap this up if you want!
I suppose that is a nice outlook. But that doesn't really work for every case. Thank you for sharing some of your history along with the pack's. I'm sure you're rather busy so I appreciate you taking some time for me, but I do not wish to waste any more. I should busy myself too, I can check the borders since Greyback is away. The grey-scaled wolf pushed her shoulders back so she was now standing tall, her face already returning to her natural stone features as she pushed away her emotions and realined herself with a sense of duty. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call for me.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Let's have another one soon!!

Valette dipped her head once more into a quick nod. The female then thanked her for sharing more of Easthollow's history, which was inevitably also her own. She was tried to this pack in a big way. "Ira, I do not believe we were wasting time just now," she returned kindly to her. Still, she appreciated her work ethic. "But thank you for checking the borders." She disliked border patrol so when others could do it she would prefer that. "Same goes for you," she returned before she let the female go. Valette glanced once more at Steady's stone. Perhaps she could be like him one day.

-end-