Blacktail Deer Plateau There is a light; there is a fire
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Joining 
AW! Kavik will be giving a tour, so feel free to jump in and meet the new member. :) Please let @Siqsa reply first.

He moved across the southern border where the river crossed, leading their new member into the plateau. It was still fairly late, so he wasn't sure anyone would be awake, although they seemed to be a pack of night owls and early risers, so maybe they would end up running into someone. It didn't matter much; he was content to show the new male around with or without the addition of any packmates. 

The alpha lead the molten-eyed male deeper into the territory until they stopped just in the middle. He walked to the water's edge and lowered his head to take a drink. The flurries were still falling and had accumulated on his dark coat again as he drank. Lifting his head from the water, he shook the melting snow from his hair and rested his gaze on his new packmate. This is about the middle of the territory. To the east, are mountains and the pack dens, he explained, motioning in that direction. He waited to move on, looking to Siqsa to see if he had any questions yet.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Thanks a much all of y'alls! <3 And hiiiiiieeeeghhh thanks for the welcome and meets whoever shows up. Gonna try and start using this new align thing @Grezig Fira keeps getting on my ass about getting on my ass about. >_>

The slate and sea hued wolfdog followed his flint and onyx leader through the heart of the territory. Further up the river, skating around the rim he hadn't been able to explore yet. Allowing his claws to dig further into the ground, he allowed his full weight to release around the treading they did. Giving a bit of rub to the barks of the trees, his passed a mere scant of his scent around the area. Only enough to claim little bits of where he was here and there, and only enough to get some of the other memebers scents on him in case he hadn't met any. Enough to warn other loners not to triffle wih him lest they wanted a pack on their ass.

Nothing was more valuable than numbers. He would learn this one day, and how to use it to his advantage in more ways than one.

Watching the surroundings, he immediately felt the effects of harboring duty on his shoulders the second Kavik decided to take a drink. The feel to watch around and ensure no other wretch came from within the bushes and did something dastardly to either of them increased his alertness level to almost tense degrees. His silence was telling of such.

"This is about the middle of the territory. To the east, are mountains and the pack dens," the ebony soul spoke with the knowing of someone who traveled the trails a million and one times. "Thanks" he punctuated the information with the 'appreciation'. He knew he would wander every single trail and make more from tonight, on. The snow would not deter him, and he wouldn't rest until he knew the territory by heart.

"How late do you usually stay up? Are you always up alone?" Were these terrible questions to ask directly to an Alpha?

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He shrugged at the question. Most nights, yes, he replied, not seeing any reason to lie. He continued walking again, motioning for his new packmate to follow. I have trouble sleeping most nights, especially since the bear attack, he added, anger flooding his expression at the memory. He supposed it may not have been the best idea to let their new packmate know about the bear attack so soon, but he might as well know now, that way he could still leave if he wanted to. 

He stopped to mark a tree, unable to stop himself from the habit. He wanted there to be no mistaking this area and the wolves in it were claimed. The longer they lived here and the longer there were wolves under his protection, the more territorial he got. It had been even worse lately, and when his nightmares and headaches kept him up at night, he often found himself doing things to comfort his mind's anxieties. 

They soon neared the dens and the alpha came to a stop. He fixed his gaze on Siqsa and lifted his head towards the dens. This is where we all have our dens. Feel free to chose whichever one you'd like, he explained. There's a place in the mountain just north of here that I really like if you're interested in seeing it, he asked, waiting to move forward.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
The Demon scowled at the word. His father had been described as a “black bear”, but that was solely asthetic and body capability. It was clearly talk to frighten others. But something that wasn’t simply tall tales was his father defending someone from bears. His Uncle had been defended by Slade from a bear that had the pair had stumbled on, and if the Nightmare could survive against such a thing, maybe he could get there too, one day. Siq knew he had to build his body and bulk for something like that; memory of Slade told of the Alpha to be giant. It was admirable, and if he were to be anything worthy of protecting this pack, or making his own, for that matter.

Kavik however was massive and intimidating; what gave him such authority? Intelligence? Dd he have a harem of women with his mate? What was his pedestal of which he stood?

"I do not sleep much either," he admitted. "But my insomnia is genetic. Seems everyone in my family is more apt to sleep during the day than at night.[font]"

It would be much more admirable if he killed the bear by himself, he thought inwardly. And maybe brought the corpse back to Kavik as a gift. But who the hell was he to try inpressing this guy? He may be his new Alpha, but he wasn't his-

"This is where we all have our dens. Feel free to chose whichever one you'd like. There's a place in the mountain just north of here that I really like if you're interested in seeing it." Glad the ebonian gave him something else to clear his mind, the younger male nodded. "[/font]Mountains are good. Keeps you aware of everything below you."

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It was dark within the den when the snow-pelted leader opened her eyes - disoriented without her mate's warmth at her side. What faint silver moonlight reached the den allowed her to make out the sharp silhouettes of Illidan's features as he slept, but aside from the boy she was alone. Liri was accustomed to Kavik's nocturnal wanderings but found herself unable to fall into an easy sleep without him on this night. Perhaps it was her lingering anxieties surrounding the bear attack - for her dreams were often filled with that horrific memory of Kavik flying through the air.

The healer rose halfway, creeping from their den on silent steps so as not to wake her sleeping ward. The fae passed by the dens of her pack mates - the various scents of them enveloping her as she passed - her pale ears twitching slightly in response to the sound of their slumber. The moon's silver light poured in through the skylight, unobscured, to reflect the pale orb's gibbous face in the dark pool below. Light glinted softly off the sylph's coat as she descended into the atrium. 

Liri passed by the waters with a glance, halting in surprise as her pale ears pricked. Had that been voices she heard outside the stone walls?

"... just north of here that I really like if you're interested in seeing it."

"Mountains are good. Keeps you aware of everything below you."

Her interest was piqued after hearing the end of the conversation, for she recognized her husband's voice but not who he was speaking to. 

The fae huffed softly, so she wouldn't startle the pair, before dipping her freckled crown beneath the Door's natural curtains and padding to the shadow's side. Her eyes landed on the unfamiliar male initially, curiosity glinting in her mahogany gaze, before they returned to her dark mate as snow gathered on the contours of her ivory form. 

"Who's this then?" She murmured not unkindly, for she was not accustomed to Kavik returning in the night with strangers. 

Welcome! Sorry, Liri often inspires long rambles
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded his agreement to the the new male's comment about mountains. The spot he had in mind was the territories other entrance that lead into the mountains. It was another important area for all members to become familiar with so they could all make sure it stayed adequately guarded from intruders. Just outside the the entrance to the mountains, Kavik had found a peak that overlooked the plateau, offering the perfect view of their beautiful territory. 

He was about to head that way but was distracted by a chuff from his mate. He watched her svelte form approach and nuzzled her freckled cheek as she came to stand beside him. This is Siqsa, our new pack member. I found him at the river just south of the plateau, he offered in response to her question. He turned to the dark male then. This is my mate, Liri. She is the other alpha of Blacktail Deer Plateau, he explained. He turned his inky head back to his wife. I was just showing him around. I was about to head to the mountain passage if you'd like to join us, he added with a dip of his head.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Although it was getting easier sleeping in the Door with the pack, some nights Rue required the comforts of solitude and a small, enclosed space in order to rest easy. Others sometimes chose to bed down in the dens to the east of the Door, so Rue didn't think it looked too unusual for her to retreat out here occasionally. Murmurred conversation was common within the walls of the Door, but out here anything other than absolute silence was out of place. Even when sleeping, hypervigilant Rue was very seldom caught off guard. She was on her feet quickly, poking her nose out of the den to investigate.

"Siqsa," she repeated after Kavik's introduction, likely drawing the attention of the others to her den's opening. She emerged, offering a nod of respect toward each of her alphas.  "I'm Ruenna." So they were going to the mountain pass, it seemed. Now that Rue was awake, she figured she could do with some fresh air. "Is.. there room for one more?" she inquired, voice smaller than usual. Asking for anything from her alphas-- even something as innocuous as simply joining an evening stroll-- was embarassing for Rue, after all they had already given her.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Siq knew well the need to know as much as possible before it came tumbling through your den entrance. It was always essential to have the upper hand; or that was what his uncle tried to teach him in the brief period of time they had together. Before the icy eyed assassin left and never came back.

Hellish eyes returned to the Alpha only for them to react to the sudden movement in behind the drape of foliage in the wilds. Someone near brilliant with a coat of winter itself walked through and the near-two-year old studied them. Walking daintily, this was the stance of a woman. This had to be-

"Who's this, then?"

Liri. The woman had an immaculate sense of trust, walking so boldly into a situation. She was fit for an Alpha, her inquiry not one of demand, but knowingness that her husband was going to give her the truth, and nothing less. She need not demand it. And in such fortitude, the Demon admired her. Maybe it was useful truting one another;...but he couldn't buy into such a notion, just yet.
Not yet.

And while he was so busy trying to connect the prongs of morality, the Alpha answered for him, baritones pleasant to the stark white queen. Returning to addressing Siqsa, the Alpha elaborated, retouching up on the point Siqsa had already began to peace together. With a nod, he confirmed he understood who the woman was. Moonlight bounced off of his own mane, reflecting the glimmer of waves the current within the river illustrated. But unlike him, another givem themself up from the shadows, and his garnet fire gems met the smaller figure of another fae, timid, meek, and saying his name after hearng it herself.

Something about her made something in him curl up and and writhe. And he couldn't exactly pinpont what it was.

For her too, he did not speak. Noting her name, he told himself to keep away from the little girl, as honey brown gaze of the grey looked to the face of dark navy blue. He chose to turn away and preoccupy himself sniffing their area which they stood, counting how many different scents had been in this spot alone. And seconds ticked as he awaited the pack to trek up towards the mountains. 

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She leaned into his touch - brushing her cheek against his, light against dark. Her ears tilted towards him as he explained Siqsa and how he had come to be their latest member. Her dark gaze slid to the male, subconsciously weighing him up. The healer didn't know what to make of the brute quite yet but time would reveal his true colors. 

"I'd love to," she answered, her attention drawn to her husband, but only briefly for the silver had appeared. Liri greeted the sylph with a welcoming smile, moving to brush the edge of her crown against the girl's shoulder as she approached. Ruenna had proved a valuable member in the short time she had been here; it was not difficult for the fae to warm to her. 

"It is Kavik's trip but I doubt he would mind another companion," Liri murmured, turning mirthful eyes upon her mate as she settled near the bird's side. She doubted Kavik would exclude the Delta - for what reason would he? 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The alpha's ears twitched at the sound of Ruenna's approach, and he greeted her with a dip of his head, emerald gaze following his mate as she moved to offer their delta affection and then returning to his side. Ruenna's question was answered by Liri, and Kavik nodded his agreement. You're welcome to join us, he reiterated warmly. 

He turned and began moving through the trees, the moonlight occasionally peeking through the branches and bouncing off his dark fur. As they neared the northeast borders, the forest began to thin and offer glimpses of the mountains beyond the plateau. The scents of pack were strong here, and Kavik was proud that the rest of the pack had been helping to keep the borders marked and protected. Still, the alpha couldn't resist the urge to brush up against a large tree as he passed it, his possessiveness pushing him to make sure there was no doubt what and who he considered his.

Kavik eventually lead the group to the territory's entrance from the mountains. He moved just outside the borders until they came to a passageway that veered off to the north. He had almost missed it the first time he explored this area as it's almost hidden from view by a large boulder, but it didn't quite cover the opening to the path, and he had followed it up to see where it lead and was glad he had. He turned to make sure everyone was still with him before jumping over the rock and making his way up the path. Once everyone was successfully on the right side of the boulder, he began walking again. It took a few minutes, but finally they came to a rocky summit the overlooked the plateau. He walked to the edge and looked down before glancing at everyone else to gauge their expressions. This is my favorite place, he said, pride in his emerald gaze as he moved it to look back over their lands.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Siqsa's gaze only met Rue's for the briefest of moments before he turned away from her, looking for all the world like he was trying to ignore her despite the fact that she had just addressed him by name. Rue's brow knit in confusion. Was she intruding, somehow? In her experience, it was encouraged for Blacktail Deer Plateau wolves to come out and meet new recruits when they first arrived, but perhaps she was mistaken? 

Or perhaps not. The alphas greeted Rue warmly enough, and they seemed perfectly content with the idea of Rue's company on their little excursion. Rue's eyes slid between Kavik and Liri, and her head titled nearly infinitesimally sideways in a small expression of question. Of uncertainty. Did they notice this new recruit's somewhat unenthusiastic reception of the two women, Rue in particular? Was there some sort of explaination? Was he mute? Socially awkward? .. Or some kind of.. charity case? 

The group followed Kavik wordlessly. There would be no need for Siqsa to attempt to avoid Rue; she was the last person in the world who would impose herself on someone else. She stayed to the outside of the group as they traveled, although every so often her eyes would drift over to the new recruit in silent curiosity. Kavik announced their arrival, and Rue returned his enthusiasm with a small smile and appreciative tail-wag. 

"It's beautiful, Kavik," Rue replied quietly, gaze fixed upon their plateau below. With her packmates around her and her homeland stretched out before her, Rue felt instictively the desire to howl. But this was Kavik's trip, and not to mention there were alphas present, so Rue knew the howl was not hers to initiate. She remained silent, simply marveling at the beauty Kavik had revealed.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
They shared each other's company with such mirth; he couldn't see for the life of him how they remained so charitable with each other. He could understand if they were family, and perhaps the mates formed such a bond, but growing up in a pack where even your own family were testing how ready you were to guard your own throat...It was almost intimidating to see this kind of companionship in the pack. As though anything could tip on of them off, and his past would relive itself.

And this Ruenna girl...she seemed so to be testing him. Was she not? The best thing for him was stay away from her, just in case she came for him. She might have been tiny, but the aspect of her size proved she could very well be much faster than his own bulky form. He's much rather see her coming from miles away than him 'befriending' her and her being right next to his throat. He was much more contemplative over this ordeal, his mind wandering with each passing step they took. Head low, the newly recruited Rogue allowed himself to give them space, hanging back behind the Alphaic pair. He was almost step in step with Ruenna, and with all seriousness, he purposefully slowed himself even more to give her place ahead of him.
He would not get wrecked by this girl.

And while keeping track of the gorgeous scenery, the breathtaking view, and the leap upon the path from the point of entry, he kept his sights of peripherals on the grey fae.
No dirty tricks!

"Peaceful[font]," he commented, staring up the sides of the mountain. It was rather enormous; maybe the plateau was perfect for the growing pack. Plenty of room here, actually. [/font]

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri padded alongside her mate, the fur at the back of her neck prickling occasionally as she walked. She was unsure how she felt about Siqsa - something about him was just odd - but Liri was uncertain of this judgement. She didn't know him well enough to be sure if the vibes she was getting off him were accurate or if it was merely in her head.

She was silent in her place at her mate's side, following without question through the dark forest. The trees thinned away as they reached the mountain pass - allowing one to see the stars twinkling overhead. A smile graced the leader's features, watching as Kavik rubbed possessively against a tree. The Alpha brushed lightly against it as well as she passed, fleetingly as if it were a sign of respect to the forest itself. 

A narrow ravine wound through the mountains beyond their territory, leading them north where Liri clambered atop the boulders to stand with the other wolves. 

The moon's light had leeched the color from the world - the steppes rippling silver in the breeze, the distant mountains and trees jagged planes of ebony in the distance, the rivers like ribbons of liquid moonlight as they rolled on gently. 

"Pitsiark," she breathed, accidentally slipping into the northern tongue. 

"Makes you want to sing," she murmured to the silver at her side, feeling the same urge to howl. 

Her peppered muzzle lifted to the heavens and wolfsong broke the silence - the call rending the air as ancient as the spirits that had created this land. 

translation: beautiful

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Being in the front and attempting to safely lead them through the mountains, the alpha did not notice any of the subtle discomfort between their two newest packmates. As they all settled at the top of the summit, it became evident that the others seemed to enjoy his spot just as much as he always did, each issuing their own statement regarding the view, and he was glad he had lead them here. Liri spoke in the northern language he wasn't very familiar with, something she rarely did, and he wondered why. He would ask her about it later. 

When his mate lifted her head to sing, Kavik couldn't contain the urge to join in and lifting his inky muzzle to the sky, he let loose a low-pitched howl that joined hers in moving across the plateau.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The fur on Rue's spine rose slightly as Siqsa slipped toward the rear of the group, out of her line of sight. Logically she knew her safety was guaranteed by the presence of the alphas, so she forced herself to continue on without reacting. Despite remaining turned forward, her ears swiveled backward as her attention focused on Siqsa's every step and every breath. It seemed neither recent recruit would be caught off their guard. 

So, he did speak, it seemed. It was only one word, but it was full of truth. Rue's tail waved to signal her agreement, but she did not speak again so as to not break the very peace Siqsa claimed to appreciate.  Liri said something that Rue did not quite catch, but as Rue turned to glance at the other woman questioningly Liri murmurred something into her ear. This time, she did catch Liri's words, and her eyes sparkled their agreement. 

Rue needed no further encouragement after Liri and Kavik began the howl; she promptly lifted her voice to join with theirs. Although her speaking voice was soft and restrained, her singing voice was anything but. Her tones wove in and out of Liri's and Kavik's, adding a dimension that was all her own.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
He couldn't understand why the place warranted a howl - did it have some kind of meaning? Siqsa recognized howls as a way of claiming territory and all, alerting others to this being their's, but didn't everyone already know that? What, did they want to attract another bear?

He watched them enjoy their merriment, and ironically he felt left out. Internally, Siqsa felt moreso upset than anything that he was forged into thinking the way he did, being so untrustworthy of things, being so aware and overthinking as some might call it. Ears flattened as he beat himself up over his nature, splaying as a scolded pup's would. Damn, down inside it was almost sad he couldn't just rewrite himself. 

Could he just up and rewrite himself? Redo what his birth pack had made him, but in a different way? And would it be alright if he-

Nah...The pack was already wary of him. Ruenna was trying not to target him, and he felt more of a breeze settle between he and the new 'family' as it was - and it was just his first day!
But he had no one to blame; his sister wasn't here, his parents were gone and dead, and no littermates. The Demon couldn't blame it on the damn bear that made these guys think he was probably some terrorist or something, and there was no one else to say so. 
It was his cross to carry.

Woeful and detered, the dark navy beast turned on his heels and tried to make it back through the path, and into the forest. There wasn't anything he could add to the howl...
It was for family,
And he was an adopted little shit.
He's not leaving the pack or anything; sorry if it came off that way~  He's just going back into the woods of the plateau

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri could not have explained to their newest member why she was howling, had she been clued in to his confusion. Nor could she even explain it to herself. It was instinctive, merely a call that spoke of wild things on the plateau and their joy. Truly, the healer was not worried about an explanation as to why she was calling to the heavens - she was but a wolf. 

He slipped away, his shifting moods undetectable to the sylph at least. She was content to sing with her pack mates and should she turn to find Siqsa gone later, she would only wonder vaguely where he had gone. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
After the last of his breath was rendered to his howl, he lowered his muzzle to draw air into his lungs once more. He turned to his packmates only to notice their newest member was no longer with them. This concerned the alpha a little; he wanted all their members to feel welcome and included. Perhaps this male just needed some time to get settled before he felt at home. Still, he make sure to check on him in a few days to make sure everything was okay. 

He turned to his mate and Ruenna and dipped his head. Let's head back. I could use a few hours of sleep, he said, a yawn splitting his jaws after he spoke. The alpha turned then and headed back down the mountain to make his way back into the plateau and towards their dens.

Last from me! :)
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
I think we're ready to archive.

The hypervigilant young woman did notice when Siqsa slipped away, and her voice disappeared briefly from the song as she watched the new recruit vanish. How peculiar. She had imagined that he would be eager to join in a howl, particularly after being alone for any amount of time. There was much about the young man that was difficult to explain, it seemed-- all Rue knew for sure was that she felt much more at ease with him removed. 

Rue was weary and quite ready to return to her den after the howl was finished, and she followed Kavik back down the mountain without hesitation. Perhaps she would seek out the new recruit in the daylight and try another attempt at conversation.  One small step at a time, she would do her best to overcome her wariness of her male packmates.