Blacktail Deer Plateau assistance so gentle
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Kavik ♥ || Evening, 42˚F, Mostly Cloudy

The blue-eyed newcomer had settled by the river for now. A few hours had been spent as a wanderer in this new place as he aimed to learn every nook and crack. Although he was well aware it would take days — if not weeks — to learn everything.

A weary sigh escaped his average built frame. He was already in love. With the place, of course, for he had not met anyone to swoon for. Krarius would not deny that the two males who had first greeted him on the borders were both rather charming. Although he had quickly learned of the alpha's mateship which in turn squashed any previous chance of Krarius catching the love bug.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He crossed back over the borders from the grasslands where the herd of deer they shared the plateau with had been grazing quietly. He hadn't been there to hunt, but he liked to keep track of the herd's patterns. He was in a better mood than he had been most days since the bear attack. They acquired another new member, and he hadn't had any headaches yet today. He normally had two or three of the debilitating nuisances a day. He had still managed to keep them from everyone, not wanting to worry the pack with what was probably just a side effect of his he head wound the bear had so graciously facilitated. He still couldn't come terms with the way the monster had lifted him and thrown him as if he was nothing. It haunted his nightmares and kept him from sleeping, and when he was awake, the headaches tortured him; he didn't seem to be allowed any peace from the horrific event. 

Afraid dwelling on the headaches would bring them on, he quickly pushed them from his thoughts. Plus, he picked Krarius' fresh scent trail, and at the risk of disturbing the meek wolf, he decided to follow it and check in on him. He had only been here a few hours, but Kavik wanted to make sure he didn't need anything. Despite his current troubles, he still placed his pack and his mate above all else. He wouldn't let the bear take him away from those who counted on him.

The alpha wasn't surprised to find him next to the river, and he gave a soft chuff well before he normally would so he wouldn't startle his new packmate. He slowly padded up and sat next to him, leaving a comfortable amount of space between them just in case. Kavik rested his emerald gaze on the other wolf. I hope i'm not intruding on your settling in; I just wanted to make sure you didn't need anything, he said, moving his gaze to stare out over the water once he finished speaking.

Jeez, sorry it turned into something long
I'm no good without you
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
Krarius had been positive he was entirely alone out here — granted, he had been warned by the swarthy alpha that the river was a social location. He should have known better.

At the sound of a chuff he was fast to move up into a sitting position. His head stayed low as it turned, pale blue eyes spotting a familiar form. Kavik. Krarius had not been so sure he'd see the male again so soon yet he did not mind. The alpha was a welcomed figure. The new Eta shuffled over to place a few nips to his chin before retracting back to his former spot.

I-I'm doing okay. He admitted with a slow, shy hit of his tail against the earth that settled beneath them. A tiny grin was present like it had been during his joining. H-how are you, Kavik?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Krarius greeted him with nips to his chin before answering Kavik's question. He was glad the earthen male seemed to be settling in okay. He knew joining a new pack could be a lot, but it seemed he wasn't having any problems, so far. At least none that he had allowed for the alpha to know. Good to hear, he replied. When he next inquired to how the alpha was doing, he shrugged a bit and responded, Oh, I'm pretty good. Just keeping busy. It was mostly the truth; it was definitely more truthful than other times he had answered that question lately. He certainly felt guilty keeping things from the other members, especially his mate, but he didn't want them to think he wouldn't be able to keep them safe. Leaders were supposed to be strong no matter what, and so that's what he was doing. 

His eyes found the other's blue gaze. What brought you to be out here all on your own? he asked curiously, wanting to get to know his new packmate better.
I'm no good without you
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
I have to...to imagine that you're always b-busy as an alpha. Krarius softly teased — although, it was also most likely a true statement. The blue-eyed Eta had never met an alpha who was not busy with their own tasks. Such was the life of a leader, he could only assume.

His ears cupped forward as a soft hum escaped him. Here? T-the water is rather nice. There was not much reason for why he had chose to slump here. Unless...well, unless the alpha had meant here in a larger sense of the word. Krarius could feel his face grow warm again and silently he searched for anywhere else to look but at Kavik's green gaze.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The alpha nodded. Usually, yes, but I don't mind, he answered with a shrug of his large shoulders. He never minded the work. He had realized only recently that he wouldn't know what to do anymore if he didn't have others to look after or a territory to keep up with. It wasn't even like he had been a leader for very long either. It just seemed to be a piece of his personality that he didn't even know existed until he was given the opportunity to be alpha. Now, he felt like he wouldn't be content any other way.

His shy packmate's response pulled a rare smile from the alpha. The river wasn't exactly what he had been referring to when he asked what brought the eta here; he wouldn't correct him, though. Krarius looked away sheepishly after he finished speaking, and although Kavik picked up on the male's discomfort, he wasn't really sure where it had come from. Deciding that pointing it out would probably make it worse, he went on speaking as if he hadn't noticed anything. The water is nice here, he replied, I come to the river a lot, so I understand the draw.

Where are you from, Krarius? he asked, his new question more clearly directed at the other wolf's past. 

As the words left his mouth, stars began to invade the edges of his vision. shit. He recognized the precursor to his dreaded headaches. His heart sped up a little at the anticipation of the pain that he knew was imminent. He became acutely aware of the wolf sitting next to him, wishing there was anything he could do to keep him from seeing what was about to happen, but it was too late. After the stars, his vision blurred completely, forcing him to close his eyes against the uncomfortable sensation. Then, pain. Horrible pain like a hundred knives piercing every part of his brain. Every muscle in his body tensed. He wished he could apologize, or say something, but he knew speaking wouldn't happen right now. For the next few minutes, all he would be able to do was sit frozen in agony. A strained grunt left his mouth despite his desperate efforts to keep quiet. 

He knew it would be over soon; he just had to endure the torture for just a little bit longer. Five more seconds. Five more seconds. He kept repeating that to himself and counting to five over and over again. The more times he counted, the closer he got to the end.
I'm no good without you
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
Kavik was a nice man that Krarius was not worthy of. It was for the best that the alpha male was already mated for the hammering of his heart would be too much to permanently bare. His face was still ablaze under his dark fur. Had he been a hairless thing the blush on his skin would have been easy to see. He supposed he was thankful for the earthy furs that lined him.

He was preparing to answer better this time but something happened. The discomfort that dripped and radiated off of his alpha was hard to ignore. Krarius let out a low throaty whine as he moved closer to Kavik. The whine was replaced with silent, soft tiny licks to his alpha's chin. He burrowed himself against the other with an instinctual intent for support.

Krarius was not sure what had ailed his alpha and so he had no solid idea what to do other than be here.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Five more seconds.

He wasn't sure how many times he repeated the phrase; he had lost count almost immediately. At some point he registered the feeling of a body pressed against his own, but he was still too trapped in his agony to think much else about it. He knew the other just meant to comfort him, but nothing could take away this pain except for time. 

Five more seconds

Finally after what seemed like hours, the pain started to lessen. That's how it always happened; all of the sudden, the headache would hurt just a little less before finally tricking away to leave him drained and frustrated. A sigh of relief left his mouth as the headache finally disappeared completely. Kavik slid to the ground, his body feeling weak after all the tension had dissipated. He could reach the water from where he landed on the ground, and he took a few quick drinks, hoping it would help him gather his thoughts. When he was sure he could speak again, he turned Krarius. I'm sorry you had to witness that, he said quietly. He had no idea what to do now. It would be hard to play down what had just happened since it was very obvious that he had been in intense pain. He knew the other wolf would have questions, but he wasn't sure he could answer them, especially since he could never ask him to keep his secret. There was no way he would burden his new packmate in that way. His thoughts were still a little too jumbled currently to sort all of this out. He turned back to the water and closed his eyes, needing a few more seconds to pull himself together.
I'm no good without you
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
A soft shhh, shhh escaped him at Kavik's words. If he was not stopped, Krarius would preen the fur that covered the alpha's shoulders. I-It's okay as lo-long as you're okay. Krarius could not fathom the alpha possibly dying. Even worse dying in his presence. It would damage everyone and damage his own image.

W-would you rather m-me not tell anyone? He asked in a gentle whisper, as if anyone might be listening in on them this very moment.

It was with gentle care that he laid himself down next to the green-eyed Alpha. His head rested upon his paws as his blue gaze looked over. Krarius did not mind holding a secret, especially not for his leader.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His disorientation began to ebb and the soothing affection from his packmate was welcome. I'm okay. Please don't worry about me, he said quietly. Krarius had enough to worry about with settling into a new pack and becoming familiar with all of his new packmates; he didn't need the added burden of stressing about Kavik's shit. Besides, he was pretty sure he was okay; the headaches were agonizing, yes, but they didn't last long, and he had only had one today, which was an improvement from the two to three a day he had been suffering. He hoped that meant whatever side effects he had from his head injury were beginning to resolve along with the wound itself. 

That's very kind, but I could never ask that of you, the alpha replied, finally moving his gaze back to the kind male at his side. He wasn't sure how he had already earned such loyalty from the gentle man. He wasn't even sure he deserved it, and guilt settled settled in his stomach, mixing with the nausea that was the headache's parting gift.
I'm no good without you
cherry blossom b l u e s
50 Posts
Ooc —
He chuckled softly. Y-you're my leader. I-I will worry about y-your well being, I-I can't help it. He admitted quietly with a shrug of his shoulders. Krarius' job as a subordinate — in his mind — was to take care of his pack mates and leaders. He was here to support them.

W-well then, p-perhaps you should t-talk to a healer. Please? If I-I cannot help you through this let s-someone else. He asked in a hushed tone as he lowered his head and it allowed he would place another delicate lick to his alpha's chin out of respect. While it was the green-eyed male's call to make, Krarius could not stop himself from inserting his worries.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik offered the too kind male a tired smile. I suppose I can understand that, he replied. He worried about everyone in the pack as well, so how could he advise others to not do the same? He nodded his head at Krarius' next request and stated, I will talk to Liri about it, I promise. He had been dragging his feet a little telling her, but he knew his new packmate was right; he needed to have the headaches addressed. 

The umber male offered more licks to the alpha's chin, and Kavik easily accepted the affection. Now, what were you saying before my interruption? he asked tiredly. He usually slept for a little bit after an episode, but continuing their conversation was the least he could do after Krarius had been so kind about everything. Plus, he was genuinely interested in hearing about the other wolf's past.
I'm no good without you