grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
set after Easthollow's Envoy, Greyback came

tagging all morningsiders including pups
@Dawn @Sebastian @Aliac @Aviana @Pema @Alya @Radcliffe @Meadow @River @Kasatka @Eventide @Timberlake 

Their leader was gone, and so was the possible heirs that could take the reins. There was Alya, who temporary became regant, but it would not last forever as soon as she would leave for her home pack someday. Winter would come soon as well, and without the proper guidance, they would surely suffer through the season. Was it wise to stay? She did not know some already made the choice to leave, but what about the others? No one could make a choice for all those within the maplewoods, but there should be choices presented to choose from. Greyback came and thankfully, he given a few possible ways to thrive, but with Easthollow. There was the possibility of Moonspear as well. Desdemona felt as a Pack, they would need to discuss the ways of survival. Do they move the pups to another Pack, or try their best together? She made the choice for herself, to stay, as she made the promise of loyalty. The dark wolf would not break her oath.

Desdemona was a simple joiner, who yet bare the title of comrade. However as a crisis appeared before Morningside, with heavyheart she set forward to the inner sanctuary of the woods. She looked around to see who was still within the campgrounds, but she did not know everyone in the Pack. The dark female jades gazed around, before she stepped back to give a howl of summons of all who live in the woods.
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Oh, wow, that howl was for a lot of wolves! Including him! Feeling important, Timberlake clambered to his paws and scampered toward the sound, coming to a screeching halt upon seeing Desdemona. The quick stop sent leaves flying, and he batted them around playfully before facing the woman, face lit up in a grin.

"Hi, Dessy!" he chirped, kicking some leaves at her. Maybe they could play a game, all of them, together! His conversation with Chaiyya had made him a little nervous; things had gotten too serious around here. He HATED it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
I hope it's okay to put him here since he was ppc and not ...gone

Everyone seemed to leave eventually. Mom,Keoni,Dad,Krypton,Dauntless, and now Aditya. He had trusted the male, who had asked him to help out with things in Dawn's absence. Aditya was always his brother even though him and Dawn weren't together, but Adi just up and left them without saying goodbye. The aching inside his heart slowly began to change into something that burned like anger as the call from Desdemona went up. Unsure why she would be calling them all he followed, mind a swirling mess of hurt and betrayal and worry.

He arrived just as Timberlake did the boy's enthusiasm and excitement lifting some of the dark funk he had been in. He faintly smiled "Hey Timberlake. Hey Desdemona." he greeted and sat down. He wondered why she had called them together but figured it was a good thing since maybe when they were all here they could discuss things. Morningside was leaderless. That was the biggest problem. Who would take over? His brain immediately went to Dawn or Himself. They had been here since the very beginning. Him...not exactly since the beginning but he knew Morningside like the back of his own paw. Musing over this he remained silent and waited fot others to come.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian wondered who was calling him. However, it sounded urgent. Hence why the large grey male was responding. He arrived to see that Timberlake and Sunny also being there. Sebastian wondered why this female was taking the lead. Then again, there was no one else stepping forward. Sebastian had been a leader in the past but he rather stayed a pack wolf. He didn't need to be alpha. Especially not with Andalusia waiting for him. He would have said his farewell's regardless if leadership was here but still, he found it unfortunate.

"Hi," he greeted a bit grimly. Perhaps he felt guilty that he knew he was leaving this place when Alya did. He would take his sister with him, and her daughter Faye. It would take three members away and he hoped that they would stay afloat. He swore loyalty to Aditya but it seemed that the male didn't show any loyalty back towards them, hence why Sebastian didn't feel like staying here.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana was quick to follow Seb, leaving Faye at the densite. She wasn't sure what the summons was for, but hopefully would know soon enough. She knew the pack was in a dangerous place, with no leader to speak of. In addition, Seb, Aviana, Faye and Alya were all planning to leave, which would leave the leaderless pack more of a small group of wolves than a pack. As much as Aviana wanted to stay, she had to do what was best for her daughter.

She approached the group, her tail wagging a bit, and sat back on her haunches. She waited to see what the call was about, her ears perked in interest.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
A few arrived, some she recognized, but some were strangers to Desdemona. There was still much to learn about the pack, but she would digress it until other priorities were sorted out. Which was why she called despite being a newcomer, "my apologies for my unruly calling." She nodded toward those who greeted her, but proceeded to drop her head. She was not in a position to call them forth, but times were being desperate. No one has done anything, and she wanted to fix what was lost before it was too late. The slender wolf was determined in her loyalty. She raised her head back up and looked at them with her passionate jades.

"Aditya has not returned," she stated bluntly, as she was not one to know how to be delicate with words, "and we are without leader." Desdemona knew too she did not have a delicate touch, and looked at Timberlake as well as any other pup that approached in slight worry. Though she called them with reason, to help prepare for whatever change would come forward. They are the future, and deserve to hear it all.

Gaze scanned the crowd, "There is a time for someone to step up."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny smiled to those who arrived after he did and then focused back on Desdemona as she spoke the first words. He gave a faint smile and nodded silently, almost telling Desdemona not to apologise before deciding to keep quiet. His face fell again when she spoke of Aditya and how Morningside was now without leader. He swept his gaze around those gathered and immediately felt his heart skip a beat. He cared about everyone there, he wanted kitten and every other young Morningsider to have a home. He wanted them all to remain here in case Dawn came back. He wanted his children to know Morningside. Nobody else knew this pack like him, nobody else had the physical drive to keep it alive. "My dad started this pack....he gave everyone a home...a damn good one. He made sure we all fit together and loved one another enough to survive anything that came our way." he started out, wanting to speak up before anyone else could. 

"This is his legacy. My family's legacy. Our legacy...should we all choose to fight for it. Dawn isn't here anymore....I will step up and ensure that Morningside stays together the best I can unless someone else wants to challenge me for it. I ask one favor, I ask that someone who knows us well give me time to...to figure things out. We all lost a lot but... Im sorry...it's hitting me harder then I expected" he wouldn't list everyone he lost, he was sure they all knew that he had only Aliac left now that Aditya vanished and so did his sister.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian frowned when he heard that Aditya left. That was not good. Why would someone leave his pack? The male's face hardened. Sunny then started to talk and talk about Morningside as a legacy. Sebastian glanced at his sister while Sunny talked. He had already decided where he would go. And he was not going to change his mind.

"Even though, I have experience being a leader I am not going to step up," he spoke when Sunny spoke. "Or wait for you for 30 days. I swear loyalty to Aditya and since he left and my mate is in another pack my decision was easy. I didn't know your father, Sunny. And I am sorry for your loss. But for once I must choose for myself instead of others. I'd like to be with my mate." He wasn't sure what Aviana was going to do. But he could understand if this would make her doubt again.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She frowned at the news that Aditya still had not returned. With Dawn's absence, they had been leaderless for far too long. Desdemona was right to call this meeting, Aviana was sure. Her ears remained perked as Sunny spoke next. Her heart ached for him, for the loss of his father, and for the loss of Aditya and Dawn. While they may be alive somewhere, it seemed they had abandoned their family. 

Seb spoke next, and Aviana was sure he would step forward, as he did have leadership experience. But she did not expect what came out of his maw. To say that she was shocked would be an understatement. Aviana was not an angry wolf, but his words hit her deep, and she could not stop her own response. Seb, I am disappointed in you, she said softly. Did you not lay down your life for your previous pack? she asked, knowing the answer already. When you came here, you only pledged your loyalty to Aditya, and not the rest of us? 

It hurt Aviana that Seb would throw away his loyalty simply because Aditya was gone. I told you I would go to Moonspear with you, she said, knowing the rest of the pack hadn't known that. But, this is my family, too. And right now, they are in need, Seb. I can't leave them like that, she admitted. She hoped he understood. Her gaze turned to Sunny. Your Dad gave me a life I never even hoped to have. I owe him, and this pack so much. If you'll have me, I'd be honored to lead until you are ready.

What her future would bring after that, she wasn't sure anymore.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona did not hold strong feelings to the past like others, she did not grow up in the warm Pack, but somewhere far and cold. They seemed to all respect a wolf she did not know, but faintly remembers hearing; Grayday. He was admired, she felt it was a shame she would never meet such a man. Though that admiration was passed onto Aditya, whom many seem to feel betrayed by his departure. Once he left, some wavered, as Sebastian stated his announcement on leaving toward Moonspear, with Aviana almost joining him. The dark dame didn't know how to feel, and she altogether was avoiding naming this feeling.. However, she felt indebted, and loyal to the lost leader, that did not change but she had promised to stay true to Morningside, and so her feelings did not waver on to leave or stay. She would stay to the end- even if it meant the end was near.

She was pleased by the quick decision of the leaders, and gave a nod of acknowledgement. Desdemona remained silent though, now that the issue was settled. She did not mind a temporary leader, while Sunny was preparing himself, so she held so objections to this. Desdemona was more relieved if someone took the reigns, rather then left the space open. Surely those who remained, felt lost and hurt by that empty space... Slowly it'd be filled, and so they would move on. So she hopes, at least.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When Sebastian was the first to speak he was surprised, even more so when the words stung like bees. His brow furrowed and he proceeded the words internally, swallowing thickly. Was it Aditya who leaped through flame to help Sebastian rescue Faye? He flicked his ears remaining silent while Aviana voiced her dissapointment and then volunteered to lead for now. He lifted his gaze and gave her a smile, turning to look at Sebastian "It stings to know that your loyalty was to one, while the rest of us had loyalty to all of Morningside. I thought I had yours too. I am sorry to hear you'll be going but I wish you the best in your new home." he said this as graciously as possible though there was a tenseness in his tone that made it clear he was upset. Turning back to Aviana he smiled again "Thank you Aviana, I'd appreciate you doing that. When you step down, if you want to go I understand. We'll miss you though" the warmth crept into his tone as he realised she had been in Morningside for much longer then he recalled at first. She would be a good leader until he took the reigns.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked from his sister to Sunny when they took offense in his words. The male frowned as he had not meant for them to get upset over it. They probably took his words all wrong. "I apologize if my words stung or hurt. I did not mean to be harsh," he spoke and glanced from one to another. "I will be loyal to Morningside but not in a way you expect of me now. Of course, I will come to your aid and will always be grateful what Morningside did for me but I cannot stay," he spoke calmly.

He looked at Sunny now. "I've been loyal to the Caldera even though my gut told me to go. I ended up in a war which gave me a docked tail and a forever limp. But worst of all, I lost the love of my life, my dearest friend Andalusia. I thought she was dead without ever telling how I felt. Then she found me here. Even if Aditya might have stayed as a leader, in the end, I would have to choose between love and this pack anyhow," he explained.

"With Aditya gone, and from my understanding, everyone leaving to other packs. I felt it was the right time to go. Now I've found Andalusia again, I can be with her. I cannot ignore my gut feeling once more. I want to be loyal to Morningside and stay. I wish I could lead the pack for a while but it wouldn't be my passion. It wouldn't be where my heart and mind is. Which isn't fair for others to accept me as their leader as I do not wish to be theirs. Do you understand?," he asked Sunny. He knew his sister knew most of this story but did look at her as he continued. "It isn't about loyalty. It is about following my own heart for once. My own happiness."

He then looked at Sunny. "It seems your passion lies with this pack. You should lead it," he spoke to Sunny. He turned to Aviana. "I'm sorry. I cannot stay with this promise of being with Andalusia. I will be at Moonspear and you know where to find me. If you think it is better to stay here with Faye then, of course, you should. I would want you to be happy. I think you will do great as a leader, Sister. Especially if your passion is with this pack as well. Mine just lies somewhere else at this moment." His pale eyes then looked directly at her. "Please respect that. It is important for me," he ended in a whisper. For once in his life, he would do what he wanted to do. But he didn't want to end on bad terms with his sister due to some bad formulation of words.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana quieted as she listened to Sebastian and Sunny talk. Sunny was, understandably, hurt by Seb's words. Aviana was, too, until he explained further. Once all was said, she gave her brother a soft smile. Of course, Sebastian, she said softly. I would not keep you from Andalusia, and if that is why you are going, then you will go with my blessing, she said. She was no upset that he was leaving for love. It was about the best reason, at least to Aviana, to leave. 

I'm not sure what the future will bring me. I want to stay for as long as it takes for Morningside to get back up and running. When it is, then I'll decide what to do, she explained, looking between Sunny and Seb. Her gaze rested on her brother. If I do decide to stay, we can always visit. In a perfect world, Aviana would have wanted to be in the same pack as Seb, but that may not be what happened. Aviana was more confident these days, and while she wanted to be with her brother, she didn't need him like she used to.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny was surprised when Sebastian calmly began to apologise and explain and he found his anger and hurt disappearing slowly as the story progressed. He remembered running from his father to go back to Easthollow, where his heart lay truly at that point in time. He blinked once and gave Sebastian a slow smile, still sad that they would be losing a good member but now understanding why it was happening. "I do understand Sebastian. I'm still sad to see you go but...I wish you the best of luck." he said it warmly and fell silent to let Aviana and Sebastian have their moment. Once that was said he nodded slowly and looked at everyone there "I think it's settled then. Aviana will take leadership while I get things settled with myself. Then I'll take over as leader" he said looking to Desdemona and Aviana before turning to Sebastian "You are welcome to stay as long as you need. I'd appreciate you letting Aviana or me know when you leave." he said the last bit as a question, a request and not a demand.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian slowly nodded when they both accepted his apology and didn't blame him for not taking leadership. Sebastian was glad they understood, as he really liked to take the next step in life. The male quirked up his lips into a smile. 'I will definitely miss you," he spoke. "I will, of course, let you both know," he stated. Sebastian wondered when they would leave. Since things were settled here, and Aviana would take lead Sebastian felt as if this conversation was finished.

"Goodluck, Avi," he wished. "You can do it," he added. With that, the male then wished his goodbye to the others before leaving. He would need to find Alya and see when they would leave. He would need to prepare for a long travel as he still had his limp and wanted to take as much of his herbs with him, if he could find something to carry them with.