Phoenix Maplewood of the few main things i hate about her
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
After the beauty of the glade, the charred plains had been a shock. She hadn't remembered seeing or smelling smoke, but perhaps she had been too caught up with events at the Sanctuary to even take much notice, especially if it was this far away. Lily swallowed, unable to look at the ruin. It reminded her too much of how things were falling apart back home.

Who had been affected, here?

Her answer came--maybe--in the form of scent markings around a neighboring forest, fresh but not as strong as she might have figured, for a pack. Lily sniffed them quickly before stepping back, eyes narrowed as she peered into the trees. It was quiet. . .too quiet. Could this be the Morningside pack that both Khali and Helix had mentioned?

She tipped her nose back and let out a howl, calling for anyone who would answer.

perhaps @Aliac? AW, though.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona felt her joints ache with each step she took, as she dutifully followed into her routine of guarding. Even if the members would fall away, and she was alone, the dark dame would continue this until one day they'd return. She swore an oath, and it will never be broken. So forth, she continued onward. 

Large ears perked to an unfamiliar howl, she felt amused by how many called for Morningside. They seemed popular, yet why was everyone leaving? Heavy paws set toward the call, as Desdemona interrupted her patrol to follow the sound. A dark body came out of the woods, and her jades were greeted toward an unknown wolf. 

"What is your business to Morningside?" She stated, saying the same line she does to every newcomer to the borders.
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac heard the call and quickly headed towards it. "Hello may i help you?" Her scent felt familiar but she was unsure.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The first to greet her was solemn, her eyes and tone both serious. Out of reflex more than anything, Lily's tail fell, and her stature dipped, showing proper submission. Just to be safe, she took a step even further back from the border, and shot the woman a faint smile.

"Ah, so this is Morningside," the blackbird remarked, pleased that it hadn't been too much out of her way. "My name is Lily. I'm from Bracken Sanctuary--we're your neighbors to the north. I've heard about you, but have never come calling myself."

Her head tilted toward the direction that she'd came, smile fading. "The fire. . .did it affect your pack, at all?" The maplewood, after all, seemed none the worse for wear.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She nodded at Aliac in aknowledgement before turning her jades back to the other. Desdemona noted the submission, but said nothing and only stared at the dark wolf. She didn't react until she mentioned of being neighbors, which she flickered an ear in interest. Another neighbor? She mused silently on how many neighbors they truly have, and all seem relatively close. Though friend or foe, they all seemed a bit too close that it called for many visitors as of late. Bracken Sanctuary was new.. Easthollow, IkKanattuk, there was quite a few she thought, unaware of how many are in Teekon Wilds.

"I am Desdemona," she greeted back, giving a polite dip of the head. The dark dame did not comment on the rest, but quietly listened. She wondered why this wolf travelled just for them? Though as all have done previously, it of course came down to the fire. Siarut and Greyback were the same, and but she did not mind sharing. There is no point to hide what is visible to the eye. 

"There have been incidents," trauma and loss, but Desdemona remained unspecific, "Morningside moved from the plains to here- as the previous location is covered in embers and ash. It is an adjustment."
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
have no idea what Alyssa was wanting to do with Aliac but I wanna get this wrapped up soon

Her face darkened as Desdemona recalled their misfortunes. Oh, I'm terribly sorry, the blackbird murmured sadly, shaking her head. That is awful. You were very fortunate to escape the fire, but losing a home. . . She couldn't imagine. Well, she could. That was just it--she kept forgetting she was looking for a new home for her own pack until she thought of things like this.

Fire was more devastating than cats. Still, cats had killed Lana. She wondered if Morningside had lost any wolves, but didn't ask.

We are moving soon, too, Lily said, keeping mum on Bracken's troubles. Perhaps we will be closer to you in our new home. Hopefully we can become allies, with time? My friend Khali said that his sister is part of this pack. Do you know her?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemon remained silent on the other giving her condolences, simply letting her go on. She personally, was not around during the time of the fire, but she knew that Morningside did suffer from it. Physically, and mentally as she watched a few grow saddened and homesick over the plains; their old home. She felt it wasn't appropriate to point out that the dark fas is new.

"That is up to my leader." She bluntly said in a deadpan tone, having no close feelings toward being an ally. She did not know the benefits that came with it, and already met a few 'allies,' but they were formed quite a few moons ago. Desdemona did not know how ally relations work, but what she does know is how generally friendly her leaders tend to be. She could already forsee them being alright with it, but it was never for certain. In the end the decision was not up to her. So she gave little to her own feelings toward the matter.

A large ear twitched on the unfamiliar name, "I do not know." Short and curt replies was her speciality, as she gave off a rather cold vibe toward the friendly visitor. Though she can't help being this way, as it was simply Desdemona's nature. She didn't like beating around the bush and gave firm replies, "the name Khali is unfamiliar, I would not know who they are related to."
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliacs ears pricked up when the name of her brother was said. The female walked forward. "Hello that would be me, my names is Aliac. Is he well?" She had to know if the fire had reached them as well.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Kind of dour, this one. Or, no, dour would require emotion; this woman had none.  She was about to awkwardly start the process of farewells when the cream-colored wolf stepped forward, introducing herself. Ah, now that she drew closer, Lily could see the resemblance! The blackbird shot her a luminous grin, tail wagging in delight.

Quite well, I believe, Lily responded. Khali had become such a good friend, a far cry from the surly brute he'd been upon arriving. I'll tell him I ran into you. You should come and visit, when we move to our new territory! He'll be delighted to see you. What a small world.

She turned again to Desdemona. I hope to make your leader's acquaintance, soon, she chirped, smiling politely. It would be nice to have friends in these parts.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
As being unfamiliar with her packmates, she would never know that it was Aliac who was related to the name mentioned. A glance was given toward her packmate, before going back toward Lily and watching in silence to their conversation. Only when the visitor turned back to Desdemona, did she speak up, "If so desired, a call can be toward them." As someone from another Pack, she didn't want to drive her away and cause issues.. If the other wanted to meet with Aviana and Sunny, then the stoic wolf would call foward to them for said-meeting. The other treated it as a friendly conversation to make friends, but she simply treated it as a meeting between two packs.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She shot Desdemona a polite smile. That's quite all right, Lily responded. I should be on my way back to my pack, soon. Another time, perhaps. She looked forward to it. Hopefully the leader here was a bit warmer than this stone-faced woman. She supposed the border guard couldn't help how she had been born.

Pleasure to meet you both, in the meantime, she continued. I'll come and visit again when we're settled. Take care!

After all farewells had been taken care of, she left with a wag of her tail, flitting around the maplewood and up the moraine, trying not to look at the ruin of the plains. Almost home. . . It kept her going strong to the end, even though she was bone-tired.