Raven's Watch how to be sexy with bugs in your teeth
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Private 
Each step she makes away from the ridge is more painful and difficult than the last. Different scenery is the only thing that keeps her going, knowing she’s putting distance between herself and her wretched brother. Her jaw clenches, which seers pain through each and every muscle. Mallaidh has been in fights before, defended herself and others, but she’s ever had one take every ounce of her physical and mental energy.

The paradise that is Raven’s Watch is hardly appreciated, staring down at the ground as she makes a sluggish attempt to find water. Each shrill caw of a bird above is a high pitched shriek in her head, causing her to wince at a new throb in her head. A large sigh escapes her and she sways to the right, leaning against the stone of the cliffside, slowly slinking to the ground. She knows she needs to get back to Drageda but she wants to stay behind and lick her wounds a little while longer on her own.

With everything she has left, she wishes for her sister Eirlys. Or Varinril. Or, hell, even Ingram would do.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
the kru's brief trips outside the borders had become more frequent recently as she traveled to nearby territories in search of herbs and the like, her journeys never ranging far from the cliff-side yet still with enough distance so that she wouldn't run into fellow packmates. at least that's what she thought. the scent of drageda in the air so far from the sea brought her attention to the raven infested mountain base, curiosity getting the better of her.

she should have known it was her. hell she should have been able to pick out her scent a mile away and yet when Furi's form materialized in the distance, Rose still found herself speechless. her tongue felt like it had been caught in her throat yet at the last moment when she least expected it, the words just seemed to form on their own. "you've seen better days" she teased from a distance while standing there tense and anxious, heart filled with so many emotions she didn't know what to do with.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh sucks in a breath and tries to examine the three punctures on her shoulder. Blood cakes down the length of her arm in three relative trails of dark, dried red. She doesn’t hear the approach of another, only able to focus on her immediate surroundings to notice the increased scent and sound.

When Rose speaks, Mallaidh flinches up from cleaning her wound and staring out toward the girl. Pointed ears fall back upon her head and she lowers her head, awkwardly folding her legs beneath her. At first, the girl is silent in response, uncertain how to answer. Everything she’s ever wanted to say when she came face to face with Rose has all collided on the tip of her tongue and somehow, all she can manage is a weak “yeah.”

She sighs, lowering her head to her paws and ignoring the aches and pains through her body. “It’s a long story.”
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose keeps the distance between them until she gets a response, only then taking a few slow paces towards the injured girl. She tries to offer a smile but fails in the attempt and instead ends up turning to stare at the ground, gently patting the spot in front of her as an invitation to look at the wounds. "I'm not in a hurry" comes her reply as she glances around for any nearby supplies, automatically assuming her offer would be accepted.

There was so much Rose wanted to ask but there was also a lingering fear deep within the russet kru that any answers she may receive could only make things worse. Perhaps it'd just be better if she forgot about the obvious elephant in the room, but honestly it was kind of hard to ignore.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh nods her head a few times, inviting her closer, but struggles to lift her gaze to meet hers. She shifts so the three punctures on her shoulder are addressed first. She makes a weak attempt at getting closer, half asking for pity she doesn’t deserve. Every action she’s made since their last meeting has been made without regard to her friend, with no chance to explain for a shred of understanding. She closes her eyes and releases a shaky breath, trying to find a place to start.

“I kinda, um, really suck,” she offers with an awkward chuckle, “I’d been trying to find you but I didn’t want to… I didn’t know if you wanted to see me.”
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
It wasn't easy remaining as calm and composed as she appeared, nor was it easy holding in the thousand of questions she had running through her head. But the medic in her kept her focused and distracted for now and the russet kru decided to take it one step at a time, starting with the injured shoulder and the excuse hurled at her.

"What made you think I wouldn't want to see you?" she questions while going over the wounds, carefully cleaning them several times before pulling away to chew on some mallow that had been in their favor and growing nearby. She couldn't help but look accusingly at her...friend? Were they still considered friends? She honestly didn't know.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh winces as Rose examines the wounds, cleaning away what’s crusted over the three punctures in the few hours since the fight. Her mind hasn’t stopped racing a thousand miles a minute, taking the last of her energy. The wounds she bears are hardly enough to feel so knocked out but she still struggles for a deep breath and her world came crashing down for a while, sorting through what pieces she’s left with.

“I don’t know,” she says, shrugging, denying the obvious reason for avoiding her. “Because I left you, too,” she tells her and closes her eyes, hiding the tears that started to well behind her lids. She can hardly face one problem at a time, let alone one she’d been running from for a while now.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The marrow grows to taste foul in her mouth but she continues to chew at it anyway, stopping herself from blurting out something she might later regret. Her face however does all the talking she'd ever need done as her brow furrows at the reasoning behind Furi's disappearance. 'I don't know' wasn't what the redhead was looking for and just as she had feared, the next few words only fueled her agitation. 

She moves to apply the paste on each puncture, putting a bit more pressure than what was needed as a silent form of payback after all this time. "Why did you leave?" she questions after each of the wounds is covered, no longer bothering to beat around the bush despite Furi's visible distress. "You didn't even bother to say goodbye!" 
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Rose’s silence brings her gaze back up, watching her chew the marrow. The hurt in her face doesn’t sit well with her and she glances down, unable to take it. A ringing in her ears causes them to fall back and she takes a few steading breaths to try and keep the world from spinning. One paw moves to brace herself and as the other starts to take care of the wound, Mallaidh winces. She does not complain about how much it hurts, knowing she deserves it, and more, for what she’s done.

“I didn’t mean to. Really,” she starts, pausing. “I ran into Blixen and then her mom showed up—her mom doesn’t really like me—and, well, I ran away from them.” It’s stupid, hearing it later, but it still had been what she needed and that isn’t something she knows how to explain. “I didn’t mean to run so far from Drageda that I didn’t come back, but at some point I blacked out and I guess I hit a tree or… something. I had a wound on my head that was bleeding when I woke up. I had no idea where I was,” she adds. It isn’t the conversation she wants to have but it keeps her from talking about Roarke, for now.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She feels like putting distance between them, thinking that somehow that might help both of them out in this situation. But at the same time she's been desperately hoping for this moment since Furi's departure and now that it's finally here she can't help but wonder if perhaps more time was needed to heal the sting of betrayal she still feels.

It doesn't help that every word that comes out of the girl's mouth only infuriates or confuses Rose even further. Blixen's mom? And what's this about blacking out? The kru can only process so much information at a time and so her mind locks on a few select words. I ran away from them. "Why didn't you come to me?" she questions, voice heavy with the emotions she tries to hold back. "I would have ran away with you" she half mumbles while turning away, not wanting Furi to see just how much the conversation was getting to her.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
“I don’t know. I panicked,” she explains. She didn’t have a clear head back then, and when she had a chance to think, going back to Drageda seemed impossible. Rose turns away from her and Mallaidh jerks, slightly, to keep her close. Her friend is a big source of confusion and questioning, tension between her and Blixen, and weird feelings between the three of them none of them ever want to face. As she inches closer, she puts one paw on Rose’s, if she’ll let her. “I had to figure out some stuff. I had to… I didn’t know who I was and I needed to know that first. And I did. Sorta, I’m still figuring it out, I mean, but I’m here now.”

Her breath hitches in her throat and she slowly stands, fails, and settles for sitting. Her face twists when she puts too much pressure on her sprained ankle and in an attempt to hide her pain, she noses through the fur of Rose’s neck and breathes in deep. “I’m really sorry, I lo—” she chokes, words lodging in her throat as she draws back.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The constant 'I don't knows' bring Rose to wonder what exactly she expects to get out of this or, better yet, what she wants to get out of this. She doesn't want an apology mostly because she doesn't believe one would do her any good and also, despite not wanting to admit it, she doesn't believe she's owed one either. She knows she shouldn't put all of this blame on Furi but it's so easy to do so and after all this time all the kru really wants is to know why she wasn't worth the simple goodbye.

Rose takes a deep breath as she feels the girl's paw on her own and decides not to pull away, selfishly enjoying the contact if even for a moment. She still doesn't turn around to face her but she continues to listen nonetheless, evident in how her ears twitch to each word that seems to float in the air around them. It's only when Furi buries herself into the fur along her neck does Rose realize she'd been holding her breath. 

Another sorry. Another half finished sentence.

"You don't need to apologize for doing whatever it is you needed to do" she begins while twisting around to face her old friend. "I guess I just would've liked to know what you were up to..." she trails off, unsure how to finish her train of thought. "I worried you know. I thought I was never going to see you again."
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
When Rose turns to look at her, she holds her breath. Should she finish her sentence? Did she mean it? Of course she means it. It just popped out, like a second nature, and perhaps for her benefit, Rose doesn’t say anything about it. Maybe she didn’t hear it. Maybe it’s for the best.

“I don’t, but I’m sorry for hurting you,” she says carefully, trying to release a shaky breath. For a while, Mallaidh also thought she’d never see Rose again. None of this would have happened if it hadn’t been for Blixen. The sudden thought of her ex-girlfriend causes her jaw to tighten, shaking her head a little.  Her cheeks burn with a mix of embarrassment and anxiety. “I won’t do it again. You’ll know where I am, always,” she tells her though she doesn’t know, through it all, if her friend will even trust her again.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
To some extent Rose is, not satisfied, but perhaps pleased at the fact that Furi is aware of the hurt she caused and that even if the sorry doesn't change much, at least it was a start to mending their relationship. "I'm sorry too" she lets out while leaning forward to attempt and rest her head on the girl's uninjured shoulder. "I shouldn't have tried to force an explanation out of you." 

Furi's words make Rose realize just how selfish she must sound but, truth be told, there was comfort found in that selfishness and the russet kru wasn't quite ready to let go of that security after only just receiving it. She wants to tell her that knowing all the time wasn't necessary but the words don't materialize on her tongue and are instead replaced with a heavy sigh. "I missed you."
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh closes her eyes when Rose leans in and uses her good shoulder. As tired as she is, she can hold her friend up, but she frowns when she apologizes. She doesn’t like hearing it and she shakes her head. “You deserve an explanation. I haven’t been a very good friend,” she tells her, letting her rest against her for as long as she wants. Her limbs tremor slightly and she wishes to lay back down, but she doesn’t, forcing herself to stay in position.

“I missed you, too,” she says quietly, working her nose around to gently put a kiss against her cheek if allow.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Furi declares herself a bad friend and Rose instantly goes to disagree but she figures they're both too exhausted to get into an argument over something so trivial and just ends up accepting that both of them have flaws they need to work on. 

She remains against her friend's shoulder for as long as she can, enjoying the touch. But the visible trembling doesn't go unnoticed and Rose hesitantly pulls away shortly after the kiss, leaning back so that Furi has plenty of room to lay down should she wish to do so. She still needs to tend to the other wounds but right now she can't blame the other girl if all she wants to do is rest, especially after that emotional roller coaster they both just went through.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh has always liked Rose from the very beginning. They day they met on the beach, she hadn’t been able to get over how pretty she’d been and they shared the night together, if only so she can bring her back the next day. Ever since the beginning, their relationship had become taboo because of Blixen and how weird she got about it and here she sits, on the verge of having announced she loves her, and she can’t tell if it’s better or worse Rose hadn’t heard at all. Had she even told Blixen that? She closes her eyes, trying to remember.

Her jaw tightens as Rose pulls away, somehow using her for support too but she understands the movement she slowly she lowers back to the ground. Between reuniting with her brother and sorting through new, uncharted feelings, Mallaidh struggles with reserving any energy left to get back home. Rose working on the wounds and investigating the others are a welcome distraction, deciding that physical pain is better in that moment for head-hurting emotions.

“I want to tell you everything,” she says, quietly, and stares at the ground between them. Each piece of information sits on the piece of her tongue where only some had sat when she’d been with Blixen, but she’s always connected better with Rose, hasn’t she?
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her movements were gentle yet precise, an attempt to cause her friend as little pain as possible while still tending to the injuries. The shoulder would likely heal quickly but, the ankle and ribs would take a lot more nursing if they were to heal properly. Past experience with Cypress gave Rose a solid idea on how to handle the injuries but, she figured some advice from Portia could always help so she made a mental note to visit the healer once they got back to Drageda.

Right now she just wanted to get the basic medical necessities out of the way so that they could head back to the cliffs where she had access to her herb supply. "We can talk about anything you want once we are back at Drageda and you aren't struggling just to stand, ok?" Rose moves forward to place a comforting kiss atop the girl's smoky crown and continues her work on the wounds until the both of them are ready for the tireless trip back to the shore.