Blacktail Deer Plateau What more can I lose
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
for @Grezig Roll per move okay?

The pain of Corvus's disappearance had begun to fade and with Issun's help and wise words, she had begun to realise she couldn't hide away from other's anymore. She was tired of staying alone just to avoid the possibility of pain. Today she wanted to do more then socialize or hunt, she hadn't honed her ability to fight in quite a while and despite the occasional migraine and dizziness, she craved the adrenaline rush and bits of pain from a fight. She stood in a clear bit of the territory and lifted her muzzle, howling a request for an opponent.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Rolls are fine.

Grezig heard Minori’s call and made her way over to the dark female. “You called?” she asked, brown eyes alighting upon the female, a question in her voice. She had not seen Minori around recently, ever since she’d been hurt in the fight. She was glad to see her up and about.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori was delighted when it was Grezig who answered her challenge.she gave a small wag of her tail and nodded "We never had that spar. Want to take a go at it?" she asked with a glint of excitement in her eyes. She waited eagerly to see whether or not Grezig would accept it. If she did she would motion for the female to take the first move as a gesture of respect.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Attack (Discord): 2/10
Grezig HP: 50/50
Minori HP: 48/50

Grezig could not help the grin that spread across her face at Minori’s invitation to spar. She was vaguely worried about hurting Minori, since she had a head injury, but the female seemed entirely up for it. “I’d rather not resort in pushing you over,” Grezig said. “I don’t need you to be slamming your head into the ground so soon after that injury.” Sure, Grezig loved a good spar, but if she gave Minori a concussion or something, that… well, that just wasn’t worth it. And it would be stupid.

At Minori’s go-ahead signal, she closed the distance between them and attempted to grab Minori’s muzzle in her jaws, but she barely grasped it at all before her packmate pulled away. Damn!
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori grinned at Grezig's words. Pushing her over? Not a chance. "You should not have to worry about that" she said teasingly, seeing if it would urge Grezig to fight her hardest. 

She had expected to be tested, played with before the woman went for her but much to her surprise Grezig went straight for her face. Teeth grazed her muzzle and stung slightly but Minori swiftly hopped backwards, using the momentum and Grezig's proximity to rear up onto her hind limbs and begin to nip and pinch at the skin above and around the woman's eyes. It was meant to distract and stun while she tipped forward and wrapped her legs around the woman's neck which was nearly succesful except her balance was off in the slightest and one foreleg slipped off Grezig's shoulder causing her to drop to the ground again. 

Roll (discord) 8/10
Minori: 48/50
Grezig: 42/50

I did that right? 8/10 means nearly perfect + it's 8 hp points deducted right?
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Attack: 10/10 (Discord)
Grezig HP: 42/50
Minori HP: 38/50

Grezig growled and squeezed her eyes shut against Minori’s bites. She wasn’t exactly sure what to expect next. She felt Minori’s front legs wrap around her neck and stumbled backwards from the weight, but Minori slipped off of her before she could be pushed over completely. Grezig, still stumbling a bit, shook her head. She finally caught her balance and then opened her eyes, launching forward and attempting to bite the scruff on the side of Minori’s neck. Her grip was firm and hard—but not hard enough to draw blood. Her paws were placed well, so she was excited to see if and how Minori managed to break away.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
There was little time between when she got her balance back and Grezig lunged. The other woman was quick on her feet and strong in body and Minori was still weak from a week of coma and laying still to recuperate. Perhaps this was a lesson in using common sense before being cocky and diving head first into things just because she was usually skilled in it.

Before she could react she was taken by the scruff, a strong grip that hurt but did little more then that. Minori reacted by shaking her head from side to side and attempting to either dislodge the grip or slam her head against Grezig's but failed in both, though she felt her teeth loosen a bit. 

roll(discord): 2/10 :'D 

Minori: 38/50

Grezig: 40/50
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Attack: 7/10 (Discord)
Grezig HP: 40/50
Minori HP: 31/50

Grezig easily avoided Minori’s head attempting to slam back into her and kept her grip on the woman, though it loosened a smidge. She tried to think of something different to do, but all of her ideas were no-gos. She couldn’t push Minori over because she didn’t want her head hitting the ground. She couldn’t try to push her down into the ground because it would loosen her grip on the woman. So, instead, she did nothing, maintaining her grip on Minori and waiting to see if she’d be able to get out of it eventually. So far, at least, this had been interesting. With no other choice, she simply readjusted her grip on Minori’s scruff.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Where she had failed, Grezig managed to quickly regain her hold on the scruff of Minori's neck. All the shaking had rattled her still head and as soon as she stopped, the pounding in her head was more annoying and crippling then the grip on her scruff. Dazed by the sudden pounding in her temples she lifted a paw and twisted, aiming to swipe at Grezig's maw and missing by far. Growling softly she just tugged backwards, the only thing she could do was keep moving and hope Grezig would release to try to finish the fight.

roll(discord):1/10

Grezig: 39/50

Minori: 31/50
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Attack: 6/10 (Discord)
Grezig HP: 39
Minori HP: 25

Minori was tiring, Grezig could tell. She didn’t want to injure the dark woman anymore than was necessary, which put her in a strange position in terms of what she could and couldn’t do in this spar. She decided to try and push Minori down into a crouching position, putting her weight onto the woman. It was a kind of wordless question of whether Minori was ready to give up or not. She could not risk letting go of Minori’s scruff because that would give her a chance at real retaliation and Grezig would not let Minori win just because she’d hit her head a week ago.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori wasn't done, her head hurt and it made her slower and weaker then she normally was but she also knew how to wait out a fight until she was sure there wasn't a different option than submission. When Grezig adjusted her position and pushed her weight down under her Minori siezed the opportunity and lunged forward, shoving herself underneath Grezig who was already partially on top of her. Using her spine she shoved upward and threw Grezig over, knocking her off balance and yanking herself out of her grip. She turned around and distanced herself to see whether or not she had fallen to the ground or mantained her footing.

roll (discord): 8/10

Minori: 25

Grezig: 31
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I FORGOT TO ADD THE ROLLS AND HP COS I'M STUPID.
Attack: 6/10 (Discord)
Grezig HP: 31
Minori HP: 19

Grezig lost her footing when Minori pushed her away with her back. The beta fell down with an, “Oof!” She quickly scrambled to her paws again but Minori was already some distance away, watching. “Nice move,” she said, panting. Then, without warning, she charged Minori and attempted to bite her shoulder. It was a good bite, but not as strong as she would have liked. She kept a grip on it, but wasn’t sure if Minori would be able to rip away from her or retaliate.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
it's okay lol!
Roll: 3/10 (discord)
Minori: 19
Grezig: 28

She was proud that the move had proven successful, that she wouldn't have to quit the fight quite yet due to a neck hold. She was tired though, weakened from a week of being a cripple and out of practice in general.  When Grezig complimented her she gave a pause, surprised at the compliment. Back home even spars were treated as battle and compliments were never heard unless it was a distraction technique. Grezig seemed genuine though and so she smiled, dipping her head in silent gratitude. Just as she had accepted the compliment Grezig charged and Minori was too slow to avoid it, wincing as teeth connected with her shoulder. Worn down, she did little in retaliation except nip and snap at the closest areas she could reach, occasionally her fangs snagging skin.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
OMG sorry for the wait. UGH.
Attack: 10/10 (Discord)
Grezig HP: 28
Minori HP: 9

Grezig growled at Minori’s teeth in her skin, but it was a small hindrance and one that did not prevent her from attacking. However, she was unsure of what to do next. She still didn’t want to push Minori over and smack her head into the ground so soon after a head injury, so she was left with fewer options overall. Eventually, she decided to go for one of Minori’s legs, and quickly grabbed hold of one between her teeth. She tried not to bite too hard, not wanting to break the leg or anything, but her grip ended up being stronger than she thought…
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her bites did little to help her in matters and Grezig attacked again, teeth fastening around leg. It was a harder bite than she had expected from a friendly spar and to her shock Grezig's teeth sank deep into her skin and she felt the strength of the female's jaws strain her tendons. She yelped and twisted lunging downward and going for the bridge of Grezig's nose. It was a panicked, pain ridden attack and her fangs scored the sensitive area, biting in snarling madly in shocked anger. It was enough to be painful but no real damage was done but Minori pulled and tugged desperately against Grezig's jaws, her body posturing displaying anger instead of simple challenge.

Discord roll: 5/10

Minori: 9

Grezig: 23
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had never meant to hurt Minori and immediately pulled away when it became clear that she’d put too much pressure on the female’s leg. She backed up, trying to avoid the angry snap of Minori’s teeth, but she felt them clamp down on her ear. She, too, yelped in pain, but was not angry at the dark woman. She knew Minori was reacting in pain. “I’m sorry!” she said, wincing at the pain shooting through her ear and hoping Minori would let go of it without ripping it off. “I did not mean to bite down that hard! Are you all right?” She wouldn’t forgive herself if she caused the woman permanent injury. She sat awkwardly slumped forward, her ear trapped in Minori’s jaws, and waited.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
As soon as Grezig released she did too and stumbled back, shaking out her leg and wincing a bit. She tentatively placed it on the ground and tested her weight, giving a relieved sigh when she found it sore but not seriously painful. She turned to Grezig about to speak angrily when the woman's apology sank in. She looked so upset with herself that Minori caved and nodded "It hurts a bit but it will heal. I understand how easy it is to lose focus and control during a really intense spar. You fight well" she said and gave the other a smile. She found it was easy enough to just move on with this instead of holding on.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
sorry for this shitty reply. what even is this.

Grezig, too, gave a relieved sigh, but hers was due to Minori letting go of her ear without tearing it off. She studied Minori and gave another sigh when the female’s leg was able to hold her weight. 

’It hurts a bit but it will heal,’ Minori said.

“Good,” Grezig replied, relief clear in her voice. Minori was a packmate and this had been a friendly spar. If she’d seriously injured the woman it would have been really bad, for many different reasons.

’I understand how easy it is to lose focus and control during a really intense spar.’

Grezig took a slow breath. “That is true, but it is no excuse. I should have been more careful.”

That was when she remembered that something similar had happened before. She chuckled, an odd action for her. She didn’t laugh very often. “Kavik hurt my leg in a spar once—or, I hurt my own leg. I’m not sure exactly which is true. I suppose we should just stop aiming for the legs, then…”

’You fight well.’

Grezig gave the woman a brief smile. “Thank you. So do you. I was trained to fight from a young age, so it has become second nature.” She shrugged one shoulder, brushing off any kind of bragging rights. “Who taught you to fight?”
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She shrugged as if to say "what happens happens" and listened as Grezig began to tell a story of a spar between her and Kavik. She chuckled softly at the joke and accepted the compliment with a smile, the question making her lift her head. "My father. He did it in a very harsh way. I either gave my all or I would be hurting and sore for days. I sometimes had to fight other children, my friends. I became the general of my pack because I was so good" she said seeming to be unbothered by this.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry for slowness. Am exiting cos this is sort of old now.

Grezig listened as Minori explained that her father had taught her to fight. Her upbringing sounded similar to Grezig’s, so she saw nothing wrong with it. She nodded in understanding. “I, too, had to learn to fight early. My dam and sire saw it as a vital skill, and I understand why.” She took a breath. “Well, your skills are high. It was an honor to spar with you.” She stood up, nodding to Minori in a show of respect. “I should get back to my duties now. It was good to fight and speak with you.” She turned and left.

[Exit.]
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori agreed that it was a vital skill so she nodded as well, thanking Grezig for the compliment of her skill and then saying goodbye. She headed in the opposite direction, smiling slightly despite the sore limp. She liked Grezig, glad to have found a similar warrior spirit in her new home, challenged that maybe Grezig was even better than her. It gave her something to work on for once.

Thank you so much! I love Grezig to death!
Purple= japanese
Bold= english