Wheeling Gull Isle Riddle me this
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
@Stockholm or anyone Involved in the Aditya thread! Set to October 9th

As soon as the leadership problem had been solved temporarily solved and he had things to think about, he went about fixing the one biggest things bothering him mind a dark haze of emotion. He had stayed for a few days after things had settled down to make sure the remaining members were okay before heading out, letting Desdemona know that he would be back in hopefully a day or two. 

He knew Aditya was close to Coelacanth and decided that even though it could be a definite stretch, maybe he had gone to her for comfort. So he set out to Undersea, his travels not paused for rest or food until he crossed the land bridge. The familiar scent of sea salt and fish refreshed him, bringing memories of the inky furred she wolf, his aunt Seelie. He set up a howl for her and her mate Coelacanth, announcing his presence and settling his hind end down on the sand.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
The Overseer didn’t need to be patrolling the borders of Undersea’s territory – there were plenty of capable wolves whom he trusted to do the job. And, given his injuries, it would probably be wise to take some time off and let those capable wolves fill in for him. But he has his reasons for being out here.

He is, in a way, expecting a messenger from Morningside. It is a matter he wishes to deal with personally.

Stockholm answers the summons expediently despite his gait being stiff and sore from his injuries. His thick fur does well to hide many of them, but the bites on his forelegs where the fur is shorter are plainly visible, and well… you can’t hide the scent of injury very easily.

Still, he gives an amicable wag of his tail as he approaches and dips his head in a respectful nod. He is glad the messenger is a wolf he recognizes, someone who had been at the Hunter’s Moon celebration, no less. “Sunny. It’s good to see you.” He does not broach the subject of the visit first – the Gampr erroneously thinks that Aditya has returned to Morningside, and that Sunny is here to get their side of the story or to inform them of some judgment the pack leadership has passed on Undersea in response to the injuries Aditya sustained. He doesn’t for a moment expect that the other man never returned to his pack.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny was a little disheartened when he didn't see the wagging happy form of Aunt Seelie coming to greet him, but he kept it well hidden as Stockholm approached. The disappointment was quickly changed into concern as he noticed the pained way the man walked and the scent of scabbing blood. "Same to you Stockholm. What happened are you alright?" he greeted the male, brow drawn in concern as he asked about the reason the man looked so hurt. 

He figured he should also give an explanation as to why he was here and a shadow of anger passed over his face "I come to ask if Aditya passed this way. See...he vanished from Morningside leaving us leaderless and I know he and Aunt Seelie are friends. I figured if he was gonna go to anyone for comfort it would be her." he gave the explanation as calmly as he could, his voice surprisingly steady though the anger and hurt was evident in the way his eyes flashed and muscles tensed and released.

112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
Stockholm tilts his head slightly when Sunny inquires about what happened – but surely he has to know what happened, doesn’t he? His confusion turns quickly to realization and a sort of quiet dread as Sunny continues. Aditya didn’t make it back to Morningside. Stockholm isn’t sure how he feels about that. But he knows how Seelie will.

He exhales in a low sigh and sinks to his haunches. “He was here. Eight sunrises ago. He was… very distressed. This,” the Overseer raises a forepaw slightly to indicate the visible injuries to his leg, “...is his doing. The injuries he inflicted upon Seelie are… worse.” His voice is calm and level until he mentions Seelie, only then does a hint of anger seep into it. “I don’t know what caused him to act the way he did, he spoke as if something had happened to Dawn? I’m very sorry, if that is the case. He wanted Seelie to leave the island with him, when that was prevented from happening, well…”

He shakes his head slightly and frowns. “He had his own injuries, but we assumed he could and would return to Morningside.” And perhaps that was wrong; despite his lingering anger he now feels slightly conflicted. If they sent him away to die alone that does not sit right with the Gampr, despite what was done.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny immediately expects bad news from the way Stockholm sat down. His ears slide back and he also sits down, eyes deepening in concern as he focuses on the man. His heart began to hammer as the man spoke the news far worse then he had expected it to be. Confusion and anger, shock and guilt, it all tore him raw on the inside. Aditya had counted on his help and he had given his word only to end up being a failure. It had resulted in his brother seemingly breaking down and leaving them all. The part about Dawn confused him deeply "Nothing....Nothing happened to Dawn..They had a falling out over something big. They broke up. It destroyed them both...she's been gone for a while" he murmured trying to stifle the shaking in his voice. He was so angry, so hurt and most of all concerned. How could Aditya leave them to come here and do this of all things? Had he planned it out or had it all gone wrong? He guessed he wouldn't ever get answers now. 

Swallowing thickly he took in a deep breathe and released it again "He hasn't returned or been scented since he vanished. We were left leaderless but until i can gather my wits Aviana is leading. Then I will taking over. I am so sorry for what he did Stockholm, we had no idea what he left to do. If he shows up again...I can't say whether or not he would be turned away but I can promise a scout will be sent out to Undersea to get either you or Seelie and a meeting will be held to discuss punishment. I would hate to lose you as an Ally." he spoke shockingly calm for the amount of turmoil he felt. He focused his gaze on Stockholm though his urge was to look at the floor and show his shame through cowering. He had to be a leader now, he had to be strong and learn to mourn in private.

112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
Stockholm is relieved to hear that Dawn was at least alive, it will be a small token of good news he can offer Seelie to perhaps soften the blow of the fact that Aditya was missing in the wilds somewhere. But still, whatever had happened between them was obviously still bad enough to cause Aditya to react the way he did, to abandon his pack like that as well.

He listens quietly and gives a slight shake of his head, "His actions were his own and do not reflect upon Morningside – we hold no ill will of that sort, you needn’t worry about losing us as your ally. And if he does return to the pack, I would not begrudge any of you for allowing him to stay. Seelie is, well, Seelie. She has forgiven him. I’m… working on it." He has been trying to adopt the sheepdog’s outlook, trying being the keyword there. "But we would indeed appreciate a scout delivering news. For what it's worth, I do hope he returns... if he is unwell and that is the cause of his behavior, he should not be alone. And either way, a man should always have to answer for his actions; to have abandoned the pack like that, he owes you all an explaination of some sort."

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was a big relief to hear Stockholm say that they would remain allies, he had never believed that Aunt Seelie would end it but he didn't know Stockholm as well. The more the man spoke however, the more Sunny realised how good of a soul the man was. Just as good as Seelie, they made a good match. He gave the man a slow nod "Seelie has the most kind sweet heart I've ever known." he commented softly before falling silent to listen to the rest. "He does owe an explanation even if I can guess at why. Thank you for being so open. I should bring the news back to everyone. If you could let Seelie know I miss her and how sorry I am, I'd appreciate. I'll be leading Morningside soon, so if you ever need anything don't be scared to come asking" he stood to go as he spoke, eyes lifting to meet Stockholm's as he gave a serious but still genuine smile and dipped his head, turning to leave. If not stopped he would cross over the land bridge and begin to head home. He wished he could stay and ask about the pups, about Undersea as a whole, but he felt heading home was best.

112 Posts
Ooc — Sabin
Stockholm can’t help but smile at Sunny’s remark about Seelie and nods when he asks the message be relayed to her. “I’ll tell her; I know she’ll be disappointed she was unable to be here to see you, maybe once we are both healed up we’ll have to make a trip to Morningside to visit.”

He rises to his feet when the other man does and bows his head respectfully in return, he fully understands his urgency to return to the pack. “The same applies; if you ever need anything, you know where to find us. I wish you safe travels.” He gives a slight wag of his tail and watches Sunny head off for the land bridge to begin the journey home before turning himself and slowly making his way back inland.