Blacktail Deer Plateau walking out to the side of my house
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Private 

Elixir had wanted to seek out members she had never talked to before. It was an attempt to become close like she was with Liri and Grezig. That and to check on everyone’s well-being, which was part of her job as she worked toward her counselor trade. Earlier she had met Krarious who other than seeming a bit nervous was polite and a bit welcoming to the wolfdog. 

Minori was one that Elixir hadn’t talked to even before they settled in the beautiful new land. It was a beautiful day to try and talk to the woman. Elixir walked through the territory briskly searching for her.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The day was sunny and clear skied, one of those Autumn days where the air was cool and breezy and smelled of crisp leaves and oncoming snow. It was her favorite time of year and she was currently laying in a pile of fallen red, orange and brown leaves while she breathed in the fall air. The sound of someone approaching made her lift her head and watch silently as they approached. It was a female, someone who had been here since they settled in the plateau but she had never conversed with. She studied the girl for a moment before giving a small bark in greeting "Hello. Nice day is it not?" she asked in a conversational tone.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Minori came into sight and Elixir let her tail sway back and forth slowly. She was trying to keep her emotions under control to a point now since they had become a pack. It would look better for all of them if she didn’t act like such a pup sometimes. “Yes it’s beautiful. One of those days to cherish before the cold swipes it from our very paws. “ she said thinking about how close the winter was. 

Her gaze had yet to fall on the woman since they were talking about the weather, her eyes had been looking at the trees and sky. Soon her eyes did meet the other, “I know we’ve been here a while but has settling in been good? “ not that Minori had to tell her if she had any complaints but if she did maybe she could work them out.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She gave a faint hint of a smile, nodding slowly in agreement to the sentiment about the weather. The next question wasn't surprising, she supposed it was natural for packmates to ask around and make sure everyone was settling in alright. "I am very pleased with the pack I chose. I realise I keep to myself but I could not have asked for a better set of leaders or a nicer territory to help protect." she said honestly. Liri and Kavik were more then competent at being alphas and the plateau was absolutely beautiful.

The only thing that had ruined the pleasantness was Corvus's absence. Part of her assumed she was overreacting and they hadn't ever really been that close at all or maybe he had gotten hurt off territory, but the pain and betrayal was too real to ignore. The look on her face, a dark shadow of sadness and anger woulf betray her less than happy thoughts if Elixir paid attention. "Everyone seemed nice enough. I just won't be getting to know anyone too well. Tried that here already and it didn't go well" she blinked once and stared at the ground, wondering how she felt comfortable enough to blabber this out to this girl she'd never met.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir agreed with her, Liri and Kavik were respectful leaders. She wouldn’t wanted it any other way and wouldn’t have wanted to find any other pack to be with. As for Minori keeping to herself the wolfdog understood, even she needed time for herself every once in a while. “I agree with you. Keeping to yourself isn’t so bad sometimes. “ she said thinking about all the times she had been alone. Then there was the time she was alone and she wished she wasn’t. “But there’s sometimes you need others. We lean on each other it’s what a pack does.” She said smiling. 

Elixir studied the way Minoris face had changed. It was a bit hollow like she had been broken and angry all at once. Her smile fell and face became worrisome. “I think so too. Even the newest ones seem trustworthy. Who hurt you or betrayed you?” She asked softly not wanting to pry but thought it was important.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori looked up at Elixir studying her with a look of mixed emotion. Everyone she'd met had said similar things, that a wolf needs other's to lean on, that even a lone wolf occasionally needs a friend. She sighed softly, knowing deep within herself that she craved friends and always would. "I know this, but I am just so-" she cut herself off, looking away as her gaze hardened. She couldn't admit that she was scared to this woman, not to anyone. It was a weakness that would shatter the image of the fearsome general that she had worked so hard to keep in place. "I cannot trust anyone enough to want to be close to them. That is a fact proven to me from much experience." is what she said instead.

When Elixir asked who it was that had done it, she hesitated. Perhaps they had been friends or maybe the woman would think she was just being dramatic. After a few moments of hesitant silence she opened her maw to speak "Corvus. Before I met him I was cold and mean, trusted nobody and did not hesitate to fight. We fought upon our first meeting but there was something about him. I won as usual but we ended up laughing it off and hunting together" she spoke as if she were remembering it which she was but not fondly. "He reminded me of Higoro, a male i grew up with and fell in love with who betrayed not only me but my whole family and was the cause of me being removed and taken to strange lands. I was interested but wary. He broke down my walls and I considered him a friend. Now he has vanished without a word." she finished and stared at the woman with a hard gaze, as if challenging her to call her feelings stupid or an overreaction.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Listening.... that's what she was best at and this time was no different for the wolfdog. Her ears were perked up as much as she could muster so she could hear every word. If a wolf was having a problem in this pack she would determine the problem even if they were the toughest ones out there. She listened to what Minori had to say and then nodded for a second. "Sometimes life can be hard and makes us want to shut down. So when a person comes into our life that shows us that it isn't all bad that we can have friends and can trust and then break that trust, it's even harder to show others trust again. Building walls for people to break down just makes it harder on you." she said knowing the words could come off offensive but it was something that needed to be said. 

It broke Elixir's heart to hear about how her and Corvus met and then now hes gone. Even worse is that it reminded her of another male she had fell in love with. The wolfdog had felt for Minori. "I had no idea Minori. I'm sorry that that had ever happened to you. I would hope that Corvus hadn't done a such thing. I know he left.... but Corvus's absence doesn't mean that you can't have close friends. Not everyone will hurt you, I hope you will consider that." she told Minori gently. Her eyes were in a soft state, empathizing with her in the hurt that she feels with the absence of her friend.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori had expected advice from the woman, who reminded her vaguely of the wise woman from her home tribe. The elder woman would help those troubled and was able to get even the coldest or nastiest of wolves to open up with her warm and soft demeanor. Perhaps that was the reason Minori spoke so willingly. She took each word in and processed it, feeling comfort in the fact that Elixir seemed to really understand what she was feeling. "It does make it hard....but there's always someone who I let in. Even now I have someone who is...close despite the fact I tried to push him away. His name is Issun" her eyes grew soft as she spoke of him and a warmth spread through her, making her feel self conscious and weird for a moment.

She went silent again for a few moments and then gave a slight smile and looked up, tail wagging "Thank you. Maybe...if I can't bring myself to trust wholly, I can at least maybe open up to some of the pack." she supposed trying to be an actual part of things here couldn't hurt.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir listened and was surprised when she said that there was someone she had let in and it was a new name she hadn’t heard before. She assumed it was a new comer in the pack and that was okay with her. “I’m glad to hear that. That’s a start of letting others in. “ she said and nodded. To let one in and be shown it can happen can make you see that others are trustworthy too. 

The silence fell upon them but it wasnt too awkward. Minoris tail wagged and Elixir swayed hers a bit in response. “You’re welcome I’m here always if you need anything. I’m sure it will come in time. “ she said with a bright smile. Minori was softer than she led on, which was a surprise to Elixir but a nice one. 

last reply from me, can archive here or you can post one last time?
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The offer of a ear to vent to sank deep into her heart, causing her to ponder more over whether the front of being cruel and mean to keep others out was really worth the loneliness. "I may take you up on that. You are wise. You remind me of the woman in my home pack who guided those on their life paths." she said fondly and gave a genuine smile. "I am going to go for a patrol. Thanks again!" she said before she turned and ran off, not one for drawn out goodbyes. 

Thank you! You helped softened the beast a bit!
Purple= japanese
Bold= english