Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Private 
@Colt <3

In the wake of Ceara's disappearance, she couldn't help but notice the concern that it had caused Colt. She'd put in an effort to track her down, but in the end, couldn't go off on a mission as Tegan had already done so, as was his duty as scout. She had a job to maintain within the pack's borders, but still called out from various places along the borders in hopes that she might get an answer...Anything. Anything was better than nothing, but as of yet, she'd received no answer from one of the pack's most dedicated members. 

In her spare time, she'd been toiling away on a particular project, and once she'd completed it, she decided to try and distract Colt by finally taking him to see it. She led him into the heart of their territory, where there was a small copse of trees that sheltered the area from the wind which had been unusually high and strong. She babbled almost mindlessly as she led him there, as the only way to calm her nerves was to talk. She stopped him, a little ways away from her chosen destination. "Close them- your eyes, close 'em." She prompted, and began to lead him into the little patch of trees, until she stopped him. 

"Mkay. Open 'em!" She said excitedly, and moved aside to reveal what she'd been working on. Nestled between two shrubby bushes in the side of a small knoll was the low, narrow entrance to a den. Just like her old one, the entrance was relatively small, but she'd chosen the location well; the ground was tightly packed, and somewhat clay-like. If he investigated the interior, he'd find all forms of fluff and feathers in the larger den area, which had enough room for a family of wolves. "'Cha think?" She asked, ears pricking forward hopefully.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
im gonna be slow for a bit but try and keep up! You can def pp Colt anytime you want though, I'm super chill about that sorta thing <3

Ceara was gone and Colt was definitely not ok with it.  At first, his anger was directed at his sister.  Who did she think she was, leaving without saying goodbye? Where would she even go?  

But the more he thought, the less sense it made, and the more his anger turned to worry.  Worry was worse.  Sure, Fire has been a bit of a sad sack lately, but there was no way she'd just up and run off without telling anyone.  Something happened, and that something obviously wasn't good.  

He was planning on going on a search of his own, but the weather so far hadn't agreed much with the idea, and he'd been feeling a little achy.  Fine time to start feeling that age, Colt, he thought wryly.

Luckily Niamh was doing a pretty fair job of distracting him.  Not entirely - he was worried as fuck and he was going to go looking.  But not today, because today she'd nabbed him, and what she wanted to show seemed pretty damn important to her.

Alright, alright. He assured her as they got closer, keepin his eyes shut and feeling his way carefully beside.  He chuckled, shaking his head.  If you walk me into a lake, I swear... he trailed off, letting the joked punishment speak for itself.  

Not a lake, a den? He opened his eyes as she said and took it in, first surprised, then impressed.  Shit she could dig.  You made this?  He bent down, poking inside.  It's great! Maybe if Colt was the homemaker type he'd have realized sooner winter usually meant holing up in a cozy spot.  Instead, like usual, he had to be thankful Niamh had chosen to put up with him.  It's perfect, actually.  His tail waved as he backed out and looked at her, hugely delighted by the surprise and hoping it showed.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Colt looked thoroughly surprised at the den she’d made, which pleased Niamh who’d had to clean herself completely after each digging session so as to avoid ruining the surprise and the whole ordeal had been exhausting. He investigated the opening, and her lips tweaked slightly as he entered, scrutinizing the size of the entrance she’d chosen to make. She liked a small, low doorway for a den, as a larger one would let in a draft. So this one was relatively close in size to her old den, but with more extra space once inside. 

Colt backed out, and it made her happy to see him show honest happiness- not some emotion he faked just to make her happy. She knew how stressed out he was, and for a moment, she considered going with her original plan...But could she? The timing was off, yet again...But would the timing ever be right? She wasn’t sure? But she was willing to gamble on it. He really did look happy.

”Thanks,” She said, moving forward to nudge his cheek affectionately. Her heart fluttered in her chest like a wild bird, caged. ”Comes with one condition, though.” She said, finding it hard to hold his gaze or even look up to his face. She had to- it was all or nothing, now.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
She was so proud of it, and that just made it better really.  For a minute, he forgot about Fire, about everything, and just let himself enjoy the look on her face when he turned and said it was perfect.

"Does it?"  Those words brought him back a bit, and brought to the fore another thought.  One that had been niggling at him too, but also one that had been tossed aside as soon as his sister went missing.  Maybe not tossed.. more set carefully, awaiting attention.

"Mind if I give my conditions first?" He asked, teasing.  "I mean, I am leaving behind a prime piece of land if I come stay here.  Best of the best when it comes to letting the weather in."

Despite his joking, he was earnest, and hoped he was right in guessing where this was goin.  Because shit this would be embarrassing if not.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Wait one damn minute- he had a condition? Niamh almost frowned, as she didn’t really want to be interrupted, and she had a hard time choking her heart back down her throat and into her chest. If his conditions contradicted hers, she’d have to change her condition on the fly, so that things would still work out. Eventually, since he’d asked to go first, she sighed softly and nodded.

”Mkay,” She said, a bit of reluctance clearly present in her voice. She was clearly a bit wary, and tried to hide her disappointment- after all, if he said the wrong thing, all her plans would be going tits up.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Her frown at his wanting to go first made him question if he was right, and as a result made him wonder if he should back out.  Only for a second.  But nah, he needed to do this before he went off gallavanting across the wilds and he knew he needed to do it first.  He knew her.

He'd thought long and hard about how he wanted to do this, but when he got down to it, the words weren't hard to come by. I'd like to give you my name, in spirit at least if not officially. I know it comes with some... well, shit.  But I love it a lot, and you a lot.

He gave her a nuzzle and a lick, under the chin, then pulled back with a smile.  So, Niamh Demonte-Argyle, will you be my mate?
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
As soon as Colt offered for her to take his name, she had to stifle a laugh. She grinned, and couldn’t hold back a silly giggle as he continued, and she regarded him with one raised eyebrow when he finally popped the question. Any doubts she’d had drifted away; she hadn’t been sure- what with Ceara’s disappearance- if now was the right time to ask, but apparently it was. She was immensely relieved, but a bit bummed as well.

”Damnit Colt, that’s what I was gonna ask you.” She admitted. She nodded and opened her mouth to say something along the lines of “Now I have an excuse to be psycho,” in reference to being a female Blackthorn, but thought better of it, and smiled, shutting her mouth and nodding. ”Of course I’ll be your mate.” She said, heart fluttering in her chest as she pressed her muzzle into the warm fur of his chest.