Stone Circle Saturday Sun
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette had broken the news to her children about their father. She hoped that they wouldn't think it was their fault. But she didn't want to be a hovering mother and ask them about their feelings. She needed help. Valette decided that maybe Brynn could help her, and perhaps Greyback as well. She decided to ask Brynn first. She had noticed that the female had been working hard for the pack and Valette wanted to thank her for that.

Valette was currently in their forest when she howled for Brynn. She hoped that the female was around if not, she might look for Greyback. Still, talking to Brynn was still high on her list though. Valette stayed in the same location waiting, so it was easier for the female to find her.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was on her way to deposit a rabbit in one of the caches near the forest where she had been hunting earlier. She heard the alpha's call, and her head whipped in the direction of the sound, prey dangling between her jaws. Quickly dropping the rabbit in the cache, she turned and headed that way. Concern filled her thoughts as she wondered why Valette was calling her; she hoped it was nothing serious.

It didn't take her long to reach where the alphess stood among the trees, and she slowed to a stop in front of her leader, dipping her head in greeting. Is everything okay? Brynn asked, her serious face painted with worry.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard Brynn approach and pushed herself to her feet. The female looked worried. Valette offered her a smile to comfort her. There wasn't anything too bad. Stark did leave but that wouldn't have much effect on the female. "Hi Brynn," she spoke. "Thanks for coming," she added and sat down.

"No, nothing too serious. Or well, Stark, he left," She tried to explain. "He vanished from the den. Though it looks like he left himself I cannot be sure." It was a strange tale. Valette just hoped that Stark would return, then again, the damage was done. She already told her children.

"I wondered if I could ask you for a favor?," she questioned. "You have been doing so much for the pack already. I've noticed. So I wouldn't want to ask more of you but... I was thinking that maybe you can keep an eye on my youngest children? Unless you aren't comfortable with that! You can tell me. I could also ask Greyback."

Valette was pretty sad when she told them, and now she was worried her children felt like they couldn't talk to her. If they would, they might make their mother sad once more. They were all three so sweet and she wouldn't want them to hide their feelings from her.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was concerned to hear that Stark was gone. She knew he had been sick, but now he was just gone? That rubbed Brynn the wrong way. She liked to hope he would have a good reason for leaving, but it made her a little angry to think he would just leave his mate with all of their children to care for. 

Brynn listened quietly as Valette continued, asking if she would help her look after the younger children Of course I can do that. It's no problem, she answered. There was no question. She was already fond of them, so it would be no bother to help make sure they grow up well cared for. Is there anything specifically you would like me to do? she asked, wanting to make sure she was as helpful as possible.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could see the concern on her face. The alpha female sounded a soft sigh, to answer to that concern. It happened and whether she liked it or not, she would have to deal with it. "Thank you, Brynn," she spoke. She hoped that her children might open up to a different packmate instead of their sad mother. Who knows.

"Nothing too specific really. Don't force them to talk, I think. As long as they are doing the things they are doing before, I would be glad." If they were quiet and hiding somewhere it would concern her. "Just see if they aren't showing sad faces when I am not around. Keen might be the toughest. So if you don't know with her that is alright." Her little chocolate girl was rather private and timider. Kind of like her sister Sesi now she thought of it.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded her agreement. I'll make sure to check on them often, she answered. She hadn't spent much time with Keen, but she would try and seek out the introverted pup first and feel her out on the situation. She would seek out Arlette next and then Merrit. She looked forward to the task as she enjoyed spending time with the pups; it was no bother to add it to her responsibilities. 

She looked at her alpha then, concern crossing her face again. I'm sorry if this, um, isn't my place to ask, but how are you? she asked shyly, afraid she was prying. It must be hard knowing your mate is gone, she added softly, looking away a little nervously. Feelings weren't her most comfortable area, but she was worried about her leader and felt that the kids weren't the only one's who may need someone to talk to.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head happily. 'Thank you Brynn," she spoke. She knew she could count on the female. It was good to know this. It was disappointing to see that Kegana and Red left their ranks after being so full of promise. Luckily Brynn had stayed so Valette was intending on becoming better acquainted with her as well.

"I'm... Okay," she admitted. "It is not out of place to ask, Brynn. I appreciate your concern." Valette wasn't an alpha that wanted to be higher than the rest and be unapproachable. She wanted to be surrounded by friends that cared for her as one. "I've lost a mate before, after a fight. I've lost my mother at a young age as well. I even had to deal with the death of a daughter. I'm not saying that it becomes easy but this loss is not a new feeling," she explained. Most wolves didn't even know that she had to deal with so much loss.

"Though, I will admit that his vanishing doesn't sit well with me," she frowned. "Now I don't know if he died or just left me. Very unsettling," she sighed. "You start to question what I did wrong and if I even did something wrong for him to leave. I might never find out."
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded and smiled when Valette assured her that she was not out of place asking how she was doing. She listened with quiet concern as her alpha informed her of all the loss she had suffered. It made Brynn sad to think that someone so kind had been through so much, but she knew all too well that nothing stopped death from taking loved ones if it was their time. I'm sorry to hear that, Valette, she offered solemnly. 

It's nothing you did, Brynn replied firmly to her leaders next words. Sometimes bad things happen, but it's not your fault he left, she added, looking away uncomfortably. She didn't know all the details of their relationship, but she knew some about Valette, and there was just no way she did anything to make the beta leave.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shrugged slightly. There wasn't much that she could do about it. She was sorry as well. She was mostly worried about her children instead of herself. She knew that she would be okay in the end, but her youngest children might not be. "I think I will be okay, I'm used to it. My children are not. I'm worried for them," she admitted.

Valette sighed. "I know. But you still want to blame what you can," she spoke. 'But, you are right. It is not my fault." He left, and that was what was unfair to her. "So if you could check on my children that would be very helpful."
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn dipped her head. I don't mind at all. I'll start seeking them out immediately, she answered. Valette seemed like a good mom. Here she was dealing with the disappearance of her mate, and all she really cared about was the well-being of her children. It reminded her of her own parents, and she had to push the thought away quickly before the sadness was too much. Is there anything else you need me to do to make things easier? she asked. She would gladly do anything to lessen the burden on her leader. Losing a mate was hard for anyone, but she also had the added responsibility of young children and of a pack to lead safely through the winter; it seemed like quite a lot for one wolf to shoulder on their own.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette appreciated Brynn's concern but shook her head. She would be alright, as long as her children wouldn't suffer too much. The female was keen on having her children come first. She had suffered enough and knew how to deal with it. The female offered the other a kind smile. "No, thank you. There are only things I need to deal with myself," she sighed. "Not fun but I've gone through something like this before. I turned out okay after that so I think I will be good this time as well. It takes time and support of friends," she smiled. "Thank you for being a good friend, Brynn."
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn's cheeks heated a little when her leader called her a friend. It was more than she even dared hope for from her packmates, and especially so with her alpha. Clearing her throat a little, she nodded. Of course, Valette. I'm happy to help in anyway I can, the gamma answered, hopefully sounding recovered from her moment of awkwardness. Admittedly, being considered someone's friend came with a whole new set of anxieties, but she pushed them away to dwell over later, like when she was trying to sleep or something. [q]Please let me know if you need anything else,[q] she offered before respectfully bowing her head once more, ready to take her leave unless her new friend needed anything else from her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette offered her a smile. She was really starting to like Brynn more. When she joined Valette felt the female was busy with other wolves but she had taken to her duties nicely. Of course, pack life didn't mean work all the time. It also meant to relax with friends. It was the same for her as for any other pack mate. Then again, Valette didn't want to be a traditional alpha. She liked to lead but she was not a wolf to act like she was higher and better than all the other wolves. She wanted to be friends with her members, she needed them to be friends.

Valette rather be close with her members so they would become one unity. Valette dipped her head. "I will, thank you for helping me," the female spoke. She got the feeling that the other wanted to continue so Valette decided to head off in her own way as well. She had a lot to process and had to prepare for her travels to Morningside. She was going to do that but then Stark decided to do a vanishing trick on them which left her with a whirlwind of emotions. "Okay I will see you around," she spoke to the other before going in another direction, planning on getting a meal.