Stone Circle The mess is mine
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Pack Activity 
HUNTING TIME! @Brynn @Greyback @Stream of Creek @Steph @Vespera @Mawk @Illecebra @Aerasha @Merrit @Keen @Yakone to set this thread up faster I'm going assume most are there :'D

Valette decided that everyone could use a good meal. Especially with the news traveling that Stark had vanished. She wanted her children to watch the hunt but even more so, she wanted her members to bond. She had no clue how Mawk and Cebra were doing. She knew that Ira and Greyback were rocky. There was a new member Aerasha, and Valette wondered if she was going to show her face. She hadn't seen much of Vespera after their talk and she hoped that the female was feeling better. Brynn had done well helping out. She felt everyone could use some good spirit before the winter would start.

The female howled to summon everyone. As always they would gather at the standing stones. Valette wanted to forget about Stark for a moment and as a deerstalker, she was more than eager to let the hunter take charge. When most had arrived she felt impatient and started to explain. "One of the bison is limping. We will make them run and try to separate that one. Children, you can watch from the stones," she explained. Valette wondered if an adult should stay behind to explain the hunt to her children? Then again, she needed all adults to take down one of the bison. If her children had questions they could come to her later. Valette glanced over the group. "Let's go!," she called out and took the lead in the charge down the field towards the bison herd.

- We will work in rounds
- no posting order, wait 24h to post again!
- Round 2 starts 20 October 2018
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The pumkpin had become her best friend and worst enemy. She found that when she forced enough down her throat, she got all loopy but when she woke up or came down from it she felt sick. Unfortunately for her and for Valette she had been hungover and wasn't quite over it yet. Even so when the call went up she hurried forward, eager for the hunt. 

She nodded at Valette's explanation as her eyes sought out and found the injured and limping Bison, muscles tensing before she sprang forward at the command. All went fine and she ran nearly all the way forward behind Valette before her stomach lurched and head swam and suddenly she faceplanted quite gracefully. "Oh hell. Really? she cursed and stood out shouting a pretty embarrassed sounding "I'm all good!" Of sorts though she honestly hoped nobody gave her any thought.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female had been resting when a howl broke through the air. Her ears perked as she recognized the howl, for it belonged to Valette. Vespera heaved a sigh and couldn't help but roll her eyes, it started to become part of her nature to do so. Vespera heaved her body up, her legs felt stiff and tight from laying down so much. Vespera shook her fur and stretched for a quick second before hoping off the rock and trotting towards the sound of Valette's howl. However Vespera felt that her legs weren't completely loose, so her gate was a little awkward. That totally won't cause me trouble later, she muttered in her thoughts. However she soon began to pick up pace as soon as she saw Valette bolt off with another female and she didn't have the chance to talk to her. Oh come on! Hold on a second before you go head over tail and run off without telling me-  Vespera was going to complain more in her thoughts until her eyes rested upon the limping bison that the Alpha was charging for. Ohhhhhh...... She wants us to hunt with her.... Oh boy. As fun as this sounded, it only set off red flags for Vespera, the young female had never hunted in a group before because she was either being mentally and physically abused by her pack or hunting alone, so this was completely new. Vespera only charged into a sprint, she knew she wasn't the strongest, but she knew she was fast and knew how to fight. Lets just not mess this up, I assume others are coming to hunt as I see another female coming, I will just act like I know what the hell I am doing and just attack it... Even if I have never hunted a Bison before. Vespera soon caught up to Valette, "ooo were hunting? How did you know that was right up my alley?" Vespera put in a little sarcasm but not in a rude way, she hoped Valette could see it that way. However her legs were still a little stiff, so running began to hurt a little.
Rosewood
celestial dreams
323 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Aerasha took her sweet-time strolling over as she came with a drowsy look and a small smile. A meeting for everyone was a chance to see everyone in Easthollow, so she was more then happy to walk her way over. Ohhh, but what could the howl be about? She remembered it was to state new laws, or announcing new titles with her homeland. Packs worked differently though, so she was quite curious.

Sashaying her way forward, the coffee creamed dame with scarring walked her way over toward the group, an easy-going smile upon her face. Aerasha just managed to catch the bit of words, and caused her to flicker her tail with a nod to the side. Group hunting? For a bison? Oohhh, how fun.~ "Cooool.~" She commented, padding along to catch up with the moving hunting party.
[Image: 5df50311c5b389af25e22caf808989af.png]
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Indeed it took little time for Ira to respond to the howl. For one she happened to be nearby when the Alpha made her announcement, but she was also making an effort to stay close in case Valette needed her. Like the others that had gathered around her, she made out the bison in the group that was now their target. When the chocolate wolf took off, she would be close on her heels, an eye roll following as she watched the black and white wolf trip over herself. It had been a while since she hunted with a pack, let alone take down anything large to eat, but the thought of a big meal, especially with winter coming was a welcoming thought.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk's fiery gaze wandered from figure to figure, paws slowing as he caught up with the hunting party. The bison, they were grazing, and Valette was leading them closer with each step - he felt the primitive thrill deep in his bones, the natural exhileration of a hunt to come, and his feet itched to get moving. Really moving. Ears swivelling toward the others, the man strolled over to his mate and gently nudged her shoulder, eyes flickering from Illecebra to the alphess as he awaited the signal to go; they were growing closer by the second.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The mountain of a wolf arrived shortly after Valette's call, his large body appearing out of the woods and behind the group. He looked at all that gathered there, taking notice of each and every one of them.

Ira was as stone-faced as ever, a trait that he was surprised to know passed down from him. 

Aerasha looked tired and dopey as she normally did, but what he found interesting was Illecebra's similar manner. The she-wolf seemed to be heavy on her feet and he wondered if she was sick. He would watch her closely during the hunt in case she needed help.

Mawk and Vespera seemed to be excited to start and he commended their drive silently to himself. He was glad that Easthollow had a strong dedicated bunch to help with hunting. They needed every ounce of strength in order to take down a bison, regardless of its state.

Valette was the last one he looked upon, her beauty radiant and overpowering. A smile appeared on his face as he walked up to her, gently touching her shoulder with his snout and whispering a soft "Hello" as a greeting before stepping aside and listening to her talk. When she finished, he swiftly got up and ran with her, through Greyback was not built for speed and was easily passed by each member.

Except Illecebra...who fell flat on her face. The man stopped and walked over to her, but stepped back as she confirmed everything was okay. Nodding, he joined the chase again. His muscles bunching and rippling under his long coat with every push on his limb.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn had been patrolling when she heard the alpha's summons. Wasting no time, she made her way to the stones and found that most of her packmates had already arrived. She nodded a greeting to everyone as she passed them to stand near Valette.

She noticed the injured bison just as the grey leader mentioned it to the group. Her pale yellow eyes tracked the large beast's movements as she followed Valette closer to the herd. She never minded a hunt, and she hadn't hunted with the pack in a while, so she knew she would enjoy this. She nodded her agreement as the alpha laid out the plan, and excitedly followed the pack into the hunt.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
71 Posts
Ooc —

She was late to arrive. This fact alone caused her to be self-conscious, but she was so far back in the group it was difficult for her to hear what was going on. She heard Valette address the children, but couldn't catch what was after that. She looked up at the adults, trying to figure out what she should do, before deciding that she was big and strong enough she'd just follow them and hope she didn't get kicked in the head by this injured bison.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was quick to come but her short legs didn't make her as swift as some of the adults. She knew something was happening. Hunting! She could tell by her mother's howl. When she reached the stones her mom told her to stay pup. She frowned and looked sad. The female did what she was told though. However, when the group left to hunt, Yakone moved with them as well. Hey!! Not fair! Arlette jumped forward eagerly to join them but then hesitated because her mother told her to stay put. She let out a low whine. She didn't want to be here all alone
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm laaaaaaate

Steph bounded through the forest at her mother's howl. She knew what it meant: A pack hunt! They hadn't had one in a while, and a big meal was the perfect opportunity to get everyone together and feast! Her tail wagged as she joined the group, immediately going to her siblings to greet them, and then greeting her mother with a nuzzle. Her gaze glanced to Greyback, but there was no time for conversation. She was quiet as instructions were given quickly. Steph was ready, and it seemed the rest were, too. When the proverbial flag was thrown, the pack of wolves took off racing towards the bison herd. Steph ran alongside her mother, eager to take on the limping beast.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched as the pack went after the great beast with narrowed eyes. He decided that due to his size he would never be able to catch up to the bison unless the pack were to slow it down. Instead, he took to the side lines and loped at a fast pace, following the others and going a route to hopefully intercept the animal. If he could get close enough he might be able to lunge forward and grab onto it's neck to drag it down, but knew it would be up to the others.

Panting with parted jaws, he lowered his head and continued to wait.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
NEW ROUND!

Valette took the lead with the hunt. She was pleased with all the wolves who showed up. They were in luck that they caught the bison off guard. The younger ones ran to their mothers but with the sudden spike in movement instead of making a defensive circle around the weak ones they all did a little jog in shock. This was perfect because the wolves did not want them to make the defensive circle. Valette surged forward with loud howling and snapping jaws so they would keep running. Once they had the heard running they could separate the limping one. "Make them run!," she called out, she needed all of her members to scare the herd.

Valette already saw that the limping one was not as fast as the others. "Aerasha, Ira, Yakone, and Mawk chase after the herd," she then followed. "Mawk you are in charge!" Where was Greyback? She briefly questioned. "Cebra, Vespera, Steph, and Brynn; get between the limping one and the herd, make sure to steer this one away from the herd," she called out and then gave an example of lunging at it from the left, trying to bite the bison so it would go right, away from the herd. Whom the other's were chasing further. Mawk was more experienced of that group with bison hunting and knew when the distance was great enough when they would come and help them with the limping bison.

The limping one wasn't going to be defeated quickly and that was shown with the horns that were swung Valette's way. She quickly managed to dodge though, the large beast almost grazed her side. The bison slowed to charge at Valette head on. Whoops. It was a dangerous game but so fun to her. She grinned and jumped to the side, loving the hunt. Now they needed to keep it busy and taunt the limping bison until it grew too tired to fight. "Taunt it, make sure to stay away from the kicking legs and charging horns," she called out. Then Valette saw a large shape coming towards them. At first, she was a bit startled, thinking it was a bison trying to help its herdmate but it seemed to be Greyback. Valette felt some relief. She was panting heavily, now hopefully no one would get injured. A limping bison was not easy to take down.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
just realized this is very long, sorry xD I had a lot I wanted to type 

As the wolves of East Hollow charged at the bison, Vespera steered just a bit away from them, the female wasn't use to hunting in a group since she most likely if not ever hunted with a group before. Maybe she might have played a game with her siblings long ago but the memory was vivid, almost non existent. However Vespera saw just a little bit of familiar faces, like Brynn, Valette, Ira, and Greyback, though she only met the male briefly and her first encounter with Ira wasn't so successful. However the female pushed on, she felt pride swelling, but a bit of nervousness since she has never hunted a bison before, so she figured it could be like hunting an elk or a deer. Vespera felt as this was a chance to prove that she had some talent besides running just her mouth. Her chance had come when Valette began barking orders at everyone including herself. Her task was to advert the bison away from the others, but Brynn would be joining her so she didn't feel awkward since she barely if not didn't know the others that would be joining her. Seriously? That's it? The task seems a bit too easy but whatever, do what ever you feel is right I guess. Vespera felt a little disappointed that she didn't get to do a more interesting task, but she rather not find out what would happen if she didn't do what she was told.

Vespera's paws felt light, she was charging so quickly that she felt that she was flying. She knew well that her speed was not something to be overlooked, since her body was slim, maybe even streamline like. The female rushed to her position and began to do her task to the best of her ability. All she had to do was steer the bison away from the other herd, the female just wanted to face the creature head on, but then she remembered something that Brynn had told her, "I'm also fast, but that's not the most important thing when hunting. Strategy is more important than speed, especially with a bull elk," Right..... I guess she is right in a way since I have never hunted bigger creatures by myself... Vespera tried to think of something that would steer it away. Thankfully her questions were answered when Valette had gave a suggestion of a distraction to steer the animal away. Vespera began to smirk in a cheeky and evil way, maybe running my mouth isn't such a bad talent after all... The female darted forward away from the kicking hooves like Valette warned and she took note on the swinging horns. Vespera dug her back leg into the ground forcing her to drift to a stop, she was a little far from the bison but not to far or close. Vespera watched her pack mates bravely take on the bison, however she grew a bit worried when she saw Valette take the bison head on. Though the Alpha looked confident in her stance and balance, she watched the swinging horns almost strike her on the side. Vespera wrinkled her muzzle a bit and snorted, she had to do something.

Vespera took a deep breath, craning her neck with her paws firm on the ground, "Hey you! Ugly!" She howled loud enough so the bison could hear. That seemed to work since the bison's cold stare locked onto her confident gaze. "Yes you, you sorry sack of meat!" Vespera didn't wait for anyone to reply, "your mother was a hamster!" Vespera felt she was running out of breath since she mostly used it up for her sprints. "And your father smelt of Elderberries!" That was the best she could come up with since she tried to keep it pup friendly since she noticed young ones around Valette. Vespera felt even more childish when she spat her tongue at the limping beast as loud as she could, spinning around and kicking dirt towards its general direction. That did it. She watched the beast flare its nostrils and tried to charge at the female, Ok its up to you Brynn and the other wolves that I don't know to keep steering it away from the herd, I did what I could. Vespera felt a bit of exhaustion as she began to run in a direction away from the herd and hoped Brynn would maybe come to her rescue and help steer the creature away.

However Vespera was running out of sprint and the creature soon caught up. She had to dodge the swinging horns as best as she could with what little strength she had. She began to back off from the creature when she realized she got a little too close to its back legs. She completely forgot Valette's warning when in a flash, the creatures back legs came for her, she managed to  gather up strength to try to jump away but it was no good. The creatures back legs landed right in her side, and Vespera felt liquid run into her throat. Vespera was knocked into a bush with a yelp that she tried to hold back. Her body felt limp as she tumbled into the thicket, eventually coming to a stop. Her paws flopped on the ground and the female tried catch her breath. She knew that she got a little too cocky, but her insecurity flooded her mind, she didn't want the others to drop the mission to check on her. She heaved her body onto her paws and she slowly stumbled forward, poking her head out of the bush she gave a horse sounding cry, "I am okay!" Vespera caught her breath, her paws and legs trembling, she had to keep standing so her pack mates wouldn't worry.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira had her orders and that was all she needed to take action. The long legged wolf sped towards the running heard, snarling if any of the beasts grew too close. Hunting wasn't exactly her forte, but fighting was. Intimidation was something she could use here, so that's what she did, jaws snapping at the beasts to keep them from swerving off towards the other group that was focusing on their target.

A shout caught the grey-scaled wolf's attention as she cast a glance back towards a younger wolf she remembered speaking to before. If her memory served her correctly her name was Vespera. Her insults towards the bison seemed strangly out of place to the female, especially for a hunt, but at least her brashness managed to get through to the heard. As Vespera started to fall away from the group, her eyes drifted over to see how things were going with the other half of the pack.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
As instructed, Brynn charged towards the herd with the rest of the pack, a grin spreading across her face as the hunt began. She felt most comfortable during a hunt and was more than pleased to be working with the pack to take down this formidable prey. The challenge and danger did nothing to deter her; it only made the whole thing that much more exciting. 

When the alphess called out their assignments, Brynn responded immediately, veering away from the pack to head towards their intended target. She watched as Valette charged the bison first, barely missing a run in with the beast's dangerous horns. Circling round the creature, she heard Vespera shouting insults at it and drawing its attention from the grey alpha. Her young packmate let the excitement get to her head for a minute, and it earned her a kick to the side; it was an easy mistake to make. The thrill of the hunt was intoxicating, and it took time to learn to think through it. Her steps faltered a little when Vespera went flying into a bush, but she quickly resumed her pace when the female assured them that she was okay.

Turning back to the bison, Brynn gave a vicious grin before charging forward. She released a snarl as she came close enough to snap fiercely in the direction of the beast's front hooves. Releasing an angry snort, the creature charged back at her; it was what Brynn had wanted, so she easy anticipated the movement and danced out of the way of its horns, circling around to the other side. The gamma lunged forward again, jumping up and snapping her teeth near the bison's shoulder. She wasn't aiming to connect a bite just yet; she only wanted to use the bison's anger and need to survive to drive it away from the rest of its herd. She landed back on all fours just in time to dodge the beast's horns again, this time running a little farther away from the herd so that the bison would follow. Being injured seemed to only make the creature more angry, which Brynn thought could be used in their favor. Once back near her team of four, she circled around them to give someone else a chance to charge.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Rosewood
celestial dreams
323 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Aerasha followed after, frolicking toward the herd. She wasn't as aggressive compared to Ira, nor' as loud as Vespera with the insults, but simply trotting. That enough seemed to cause them to stir away from her, and she of course, followed them as if it was a game. Luckily for others, she was following them in the correct direction, which was away from the other part of the herd, "Coomee baaack,~" the female playfully said to some runaway doe's as she sashayed rather slowly near them, but with the mixture of her fun and Ira's intimidation, they were most likely not coming.
[Image: 5df50311c5b389af25e22caf808989af.png]
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
NEW ROUND, EVERYONE CAN POST AGAIN! :D

Valette was highly surprised by Vespera's verbal attack on the bison. It was something that she hadn't really heard before and it kind of shocked her. However, it seemed to have an effect on the injured bison. Which made Valette realize that these creatures probably couldn't understand them. Maybe to the bison, this all sounded like growls and whatnots. At least it worked. Though Valette preferred her way if this worked for Vespera she wasn't going to comment on it. The female was however worried when Vespera was kicked. Valette frowned, luckily she did call out that she was okay.

Valette then checked for the other half of the pack who were doing a good job of chasing the herd away from them. Brynn was extremely helpful. Valette was pleased with the female. When she stopped attacking Valette took over from the other side. She tried to bite in the bison's belly and make it bleed. The animal seemed to get more exhausted but that was when they would get even more dangerous. Valette howled for the others. The herd was far enough, and with Vespera down, she would need a whole circle of wolves around this beast to get it down to the ground.

Valette got a little bold and lunged for the good hindleg. Her jaws clamped around the hamstring of the beast. She moved away from the injured hind leg since it could still kick out, but she doubted that it would since the bison would then fall over. Now it could barely stand on it. Valette growled and locked her jaw, this beast was not going anywhere. And if it would kick out with its injured leg then the beast might topple over.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback neared in as the beast was slowed down by the others. He was surprised to see Vespera's attack on the beast, and a bit concerned at the same time. He knew better than to taught an animal larger than himself, but perhaps the young wolf did not. However, he was sure she learned her lesson as she was sent into the bush with a yelp. His ears perked, and he rushed towards her to help but stopped as she reassured she was okay.

They were not far into the hunt and two wolves had already fallen flat on their faces, he shook his head.

He watched as Valette danced away from the horns of the beast, giving orders to the others. He was not called upon, but continued to race with the others towards the targeted bison. That's when he saw Brynn veer it off, her teeth snapping at it in a frenzy to try and turn its attention. It was a good tactic. The male had never hunted bison before, but was taking in every movement of the others in attempt to learn.

As Valette howled to bring in the others, he surged forward to be beside her. His muscles rippling under his skin as he threw his legs out and dashed towards the creature. With his head low and tail high in the air, the large man curled his lips inward to reveal his pointed teeth, his tongue lashing out to lick at his gums while the fur on his spine rose high. It was an action he never used outside of hunting, knowing it would scare most others away.

As Valette bit down on the hind leg of the animal and moved away he saw his chance. Narrowing his eyes, he circled to the opposite side of the bison's leg where he would through his weight forward and clashed his shoulder into its rib cage with all his strength. This force would certainly knock the beast onto the injured leg and then it would fall, though Greyback would fall with it.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's legs began to shake even more than usual, not from her insecurity or her rage, but from the kick to the stomach. She noticed that Greyback was going to approach her, but she reassured the man for she didn't give a care for interacting at the moment. The young female slowly sat on the ground while her stomach and side were screaming at her to give in. The black wolf looked at her paws, silently growling at herself Dammit! Vespera cursed loudly in her mind, everyone is starting to get distracted because of me... The young female raised her head slightly with her ears drooping a little as she watched her pack mates fiercely taking on this beast without her. Vespera studied how bold and coordinated Valette's attacks were, and how Brynn was more of a help then she was being. This just isn't my thing... I am not use to hunting in a group, I have tried it, and now, I just don't care for it. It only causes me pain and embarrassment... Pack life may not just be for me, I have always been an outcast. Vespera narrowed her eyes at the ground and slowly clawed at the dirt beneath her. Her pride and insecurity began to fight within her, and her blood began to boil, and her adrenaline began to kick in so quickly, that the pain began to feel numb.

"No...." Her voice sounded rough, and a little threatening. The female slowly rose to her paws, she felt as though her veins were going to pop out. Vespera fought off the urge to limp and sway, she slithered her body out of her crashing bush and stood tall in her stance as her pride flourished within her like a blooming flower. The young female's ears were perked and forward, her eyes locked onto the bison. She mentally noted to herself on what was currently going on, her pack mates were one the bison's tail non stop, Valette seizing for his leg, and Brynn distracting the beast, and Greyback on the other beasts leg. Vespera lowered her body in a smooth fashion until she felt her belly touch the cool dirt, with her back legs stretched back as though she was ready to take off. The female lowered her muzzle to the ground, but she kept her gaze right at the struggling bison. Maybe this is what pack work is like, team work? Maybe there is a chance for me. Vespera almost scoffed at herself, nah... None of that cheesy stuff. Vespera waited for a little longer, for the beast was thrashing around. However, it finally faced her direction and that was her chance.

Vespera didn't wait any longer, her back claws digging in the dirt, she launched herself forward with such speed that she almost tripped herself. Vespera's side pains were still numb, but for not much longer, the adrenaline gave her enough strength for one final strike. The young female streaked through the grass, pushing her legs as hard as she could that she almost felt like she was flying. Vespera began to draw closer, but instead of going head first, she began to leap into a zig zagging motion, with her legs landing more perfectly than she thought. The female kept her eyes on the target, she must have been moving fast enough for the bison not to notice her, but if it did, it was too late. The young female gave her final zig zag and landed right in front of the bison. Without hesitating, she springed into the air, as for just a moment, she actually did feel like flying. But she put herself back into reality as she hurtled herself straight for the beasts face before it could begin swinging its horns at her. Vespera gave one final look before widening her jaws enough for her sharp fangs to reflect off the bison's eyes, and like a Venus fly trap, she clamped her jaws right on the beats right eye.

Vespera planted her front paws between the beasts left eye and before its horn. The females anger began to take over, and without waiting, she began to sink her teeth in violently and only dug her teeth in more as she violently shook her head. Vespera heard the beast cry out in anguish from all this attacking from her pack mates, but she didn't care. Her back paws flailed helplessly to the creatures swinging, but she managed to control her left one and raised it enough to get a powerful kick towards its left eye, scratching the disgusting thing mercilessly. She felt the rush of blood flow into her jaws and stain her teeth and tongue. However this triumphant moment didn't last long, for she lost grip and was swinged to the side, but her teeth scraped along the beasts side with a deep and long wound on its eye as the blood of the bison flew into the air. However this time, Vespera caught herself by doing some awkward turning by landing on her paws a little awkwardly. Vespera heaved for a moment, but was short lived because she began to spit the creatures blood off to the side, "Oh Jesus gross ew, that eye was so slimy, eughhh." The female's adrenaline rush died down and her pain began to return to her side, so she decided not to be a burden anymore and she trotted to the side as clean and fast as she could.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It looked like chaos. Vespera was hit, but got up and said she was fine. Valette and Grayback was attempting to take down the beast with the rest of the pack doing what they could. Steph caught up quickly, leaping towards the side of the beast to catch a snag of skin before jumping back again. 

When she saw Grayback put his weight into taking down the bison, Steph followed suit. She retreated several yards back to get a running start and leapt upon the beast's back. She was quick to grab on to the thick fur on its back to it couldn't throw her off. With her weight, Grayback's weight, and the rest trying to take him down, he was going to weaken quickly. 

When the beast finally fell, Steph was quick to jump off before she got wedged under the weight of the bison. She was quick to grab on to a front leg so that it couldn't kick anyone else.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Valette took over quickly once Brynn brought the beast closer to them, and soon called for the whole pack to aid her in taking down their prey. Brynn noticed Greyback attempting to push to bison onto his injured leg and Steph jumping on its back to add extra weight and hopefully knock the beast down. Brynn sprinted towards the bison's front leg, lunging towards it and and sinking her teeth in to the flesh. Her hope was to cause the creature the need to put even more weight on its injured side so that hopefully combined with the efforts of her packmates, they could get the beast to the ground.

Their attacks proved successful as the bison eventually finally fell to the ground. Brynn moved with the creature as it fell, keeping her jaws clamped on the back of the beast's front leg even as it hit the ground and hoping to keep it from getting back up again while she waited for the rest of the pack.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As the rest of the heard grew further away, Ira turned her attention back to the injured mammal just in time to hear Valette's call. She would follow behind the rest of her fellow pack mates, long legs carrying her over the large distance quickly. As Greyback and others piled against the bison causing it to fall, she would move forward to add her weight and hopefully keep the beast down. Since most of the pack seemed focused on the legs still, she would sink her teeth into the shoulder creating a secure hold for herself in case the bison tried to thrash and throw her off. She would leave the kill for someone who provided more work in actually taking down the injured creature, they deserved it more than her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
NEW ROUND!

While the alpha female kept a hold on the beasts hindleg it seemed that Vespera had another curious way of taking down the bison. She could hear the female which seemed that she had attacked the creature's eye? To Valette, the eyes of the beast were small compared to its body, which probably meant they couldn't see well. Compared to a deer the eyes of a bison were quite small. She decided to let it slip, at least the female was helping out in her own way.

Valette noticed that Greyback and Brynn were trying to keep the creature down, which made Valette release the leg for her own safety. Then Ira also came to help. She watched proudly how the pack was working together. Valette moved to the front of the trashing bison. She dove forward and bit down at the underside of the bison's throat. She knew that at the top it was useless to grab them. Valette could feel the pulse against her teeth, which only made her want to put more pressure on the throat. They were succeeding! The bison was almost down.

It always felt like a huge accomplishment when they would take a bison down, it was not always the case. Often it would lead to hungry stomachs after a long chase. Still, with this bison down they would have food for weeks. Plus it was good for her children to see them take down a bison because they had the strength in numbers. Valette could keep her grip until she was certain the bison died. She could feel the blood running from her jaws over her neck. It seemed her teeth had hit an artery. It would be sooner than later until the bison would die. When it did, and Valette was sure it passed she let go, which she instantly followed with a victory howl. Now the feast could start.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As Steph, Brynn, and Ira climbed onto the bison with him to help hold it down, Greyback watched Valette out of the corner of his eye, her jaws clamping down on the animal's tender throat in an effort to kill it. Grunting, he pushed off the weight off of the creature and circled around to its head where it was calling in a feeble effort for help, blood running down it's face from the eye wound inflicted by Vespera.

'It's useless' the Easthollow wolf thought absentmindedly as he looked down at it with a fearless gaze. The animal was dying, but not fast enough. Parting his lips in a snarl, Greyback bent downwards to snap his jaws forward onto its nose, his giant paws slamming onto its face and pushing his weight onto the its closing its airway, forcing it to suffocate at a faster rate. The skin soon welted under his teeth and gave way to trickles of blood that stained his fur.

When all was done and he could no longer feel the warm breaths and the shuddering movements of the prey, Greyback would join into the victory howl started by Valette, his low, booming voice echoing with the others and sending a shiver of warmth through his chest.