Duskfire Glacier Strike us like matches 'cause everyone deserves the flames
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 
@Siarut Going to post date to 10/5

She crossed over the borders of the glacier just as the sun was setting--four days later than she said she would be home. The malguk had stopped at the river south of here to try and clean up a little, but it was no use; there was no hiding the wounds on either side of her neck and the blood stains on her face that made it clear she had been in a fight. She was exhausted, her body hurt, and her wounds throbbed angrily. All she wanted was to find somewhere quiet and sleep. She knew her brother had to be worried, though, and she was never one to avoid confrontation, so she lifted her head back and called for him.

As she sat just inside the borders to wait for Sia, her heart began to race a little. Taki knew she would have to explain herself, and her older brother was going to be mad when he found out where she had gone. Not only had she done something she probably shouldn't have, but she had been gone much longer than she said she was going to be; both things a leader probably shouldn't do.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
phone post!

She had been gone for well over a week now. Her arrival date four days past, with no word of any kind to signify her well being. Siarut could feel the worry pite his stomach as he waited, pacing along the edge of Meltwater lake. So many things could have gone wrong, this unknown pack could have killed her, or a lone wolf could have killed her. Or she had been captured, or she might have fallen, or...or...or.... There were so many possibilities that Siarut didn’t know what to do. He was thinking of sending Steele and Uki to this neighboring pack for the story of Takiyok and an alliance.

But still he waited for any possibility that Tak might have just underestimated the journey, and it was taking her longer than original estimates had predicted.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
After a little while with no answer to her call, she slowly got back on her feet. It seemed she would have to drag her sore ass around and look for him. She almost took the opportunity to just go find somewhere to sleep, figuring she could just find him later, but she thought of the worry she would feel if he had been missing for days, and quickly changed her mind. It would only make matters worse if she didn't seek him out now. 

As she came to the lake, she saw his giant form pacing. Dammit. He was definitely worried about something, and she was sure it was her extended absence. She slowly made her way to him, partly because she was painful and tired, but also because she really didn't want to deal with this right now, but she would have to eventually, so might as well get it out of the way now so she could sulk in peace. 

Sia, she said, the word quiet. She came and sat near where he had been pacing, ears back and gaze averted. I'm sorry. I know I was gone longer than I said I would be.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

sorry again! lol im an idjit

Unknown to the brute the wind carried his sisters voice away from his attuned ears, leaving him oblivious to her plight closer to the edge of their territory.

He voice drew an instant reaction as he jerked his head to find her form. "Takiyok!" He exclaimed, his jaw dropping as he caught sight of her face, and further her neck. Anger clouded his vision as she slowly greeted him and took a spot near. "What the hell Tak!?" Sia rushed closer, trying to find some explanation of what happened on to his little sister.

He paused mid-stride as the scent that lingered on her fur wafted his way. The wind now playing to his favor. But he was only confused, Ceara's scent was something he knew well, yet it was out of place on the pelt of his second. Stopping, he stood bristling, "What did you do?" His tone was deceivingly calm, and an cold hot anger settled in his chest.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
As she expected, he first seemed worried about her current state, asking her what happened as he moved closer. It was almost too much to know his concern would soon be replaced with anger. She saw the moment he recognized Ceara's scent on her, and she winced at the calmness of his question. She knew that tone all too well; she had heard many times before but rarely directed at her. She swallowed hard and met his gaze. I went after Ceara (@Fire). I had to do something about it. She couldn't just go on without paying for what she did, she explained, watching his expression as she spoke. I found her on the coast, and we fought, she added a second later, still meeting his gaze and preparing for whatever disappointment was sure to come from her older brother. She knew what she did was wrong, but it was worth it to her.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The rage simmered, settling in his gut and he decided what to do. “You had no right.” He started, turning away quickly to stare out over the water. Sia couldn’t look at the girl with the wounds thrown upon her throat, his desire to see her well pulling through. Trying to extinguish the fire in his belly.

There were words that he needed to say, things that she needed to hear. It seemed now was the time she would hopefully understand.

“You had no right!” He yelled, spit flying from his teeth as he snarled. “I confided in you Takiyok. I trusted you! And this is how you reward my trust? By attacking a woman I cared for?” He understood her anger at Ceara, he truly did, but not the logic in searching her out.

“You sought her out for the sole purpose of hurting her? Using the skills I helped taught you?” He was trying to comprehend what his sister was telling him.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
You had no right.

She kind of disagreed with that. To her, it was simple: she hurt Sia, so she deserved to be hurt in return. She didn't understand why he couldn't see that. 

When he yelled the words at her, she flinched a little. She wasn't used to being on this end of his anger. She swallowed hard but kept her gaze fixed on Sia as his words flew at her. When he implied she had broken his trust, it was like a punch to the gut. She hadn't meant for it to be like that, and she was kicking herself a little for not thinking this through a little better. She finally looked away, guilt filling her eyes and making her chest feel too tight. But, she couldn't help wondering why he was so surprised she had sought violence as payment for something she deemed unacceptable? It's not like she ever hid the fact that she didn't really give a fuck about anyone outside her circle of trust. Even now, her guilt wasn't because she had hurt some stupid girl, it was because she broke the trust of someone she loved.

His last words suggested he wanted an answer from her, but she wasn't sure she could speak. He had never been so angry with her, and she honestly didn't know what to say for the first time in her adult life. She never had trouble speaking her mind, but she knew nothing she had to say would make it any better. So, she just nodded, lifting her eyes to meet Sia's again. She wasn't going to lie or try to defend her actions. He wouldn't listen anyway.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He was disappointed, in her judgment, in himself for not teaching her better. He felt as he had let Takiyok down. Perhaps if he had been stricter, or more attentive she wouldn’t have turned to violence to solve this problem.

His voice dropped to a whisper. “I am disappointed, and ashamed that you would seek out violence.” There was a difference between fighting to survive and fighting for no reason. Shacking his head, “Go.” Siarut looked away, barely containing his own anger. “Just leave.” He sighed, this was to much.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His dismissal stung. She would have rather him yell at her; at least then she might be able to muster up some more anger to muffle the shame she was now feeling. She didn't feel shame for her actions ever; she usually acted according to her own, somewhat distorted view of what was right and wrong, and she most certainly never apologized. But, Sia was different; she actually cared whether or not he was upset with her, and it made everything confusing and frustrating. 

Still, something about his disappointment didn't settle right. It sparked a small flame of resentment in her chest, which was what drove her to finally speak. Well, I'm sorry if my way of dealing with things doesn't match up to your perfect standards. Her words were quiet and laced with indignation, eyes narrowed as she glared at his turned head. She stood then, wincing as her whole body protested the movement. I'll try not to be any more of a disappointment while I pick up your slack, she added out of pure spite. She hadn't even given him a hard time about his previous absence even though it had rubbed her the wrong way, but if he was going to stand here and act all high and mighty, then fuck him. 

Her wounds and her guilt and resentment all mixed together were beginning to feel too heavy, like she would break at any moment, and all she waned to do was be alone and pass out, but she waited to see if he needed to point out any other ways she wasn't up to his standards.
Inuttuk
Common