Duskfire Glacier But every stroke of luck has got a bleed through
12 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Left to her own devices, Amka wandered.

Her paws led her in no particular direction yet, she found herself following a winding path. It led her into the mountains, the dark conifers thinning out and giving way to ice and stone. 

The dark maw of the cave entrance drew her attention, dark ears pricking as the Yukon prowled forward on cautious steps. Her ears flickered softly, breath whuffing from her nose in a cloud of white as she listened for predators. 

Silence was all that met her ears and as the northerner neared the wide entrance, the evening light spilled upon a single cavern that appeared uninhabited. The scents within were stale, so old she could no longer tell what animal might have left them. Curiously, Amka peered inside, wondering if the other members of the tribe had missed the cave. 

The girl shifted, golden sunlight spilling over her shoulder to land on the formations jutting from the walls of the caves. Amka gasped in surprise for the walls of the cave glimmered!

Entering the cave revealed that there were a number of crystal formations jutting from the walls - some smaller than a bird's eye, others that reached the floor like stalactites - in a rainbow of colors. The sunlight shone on them - revealing loose crystals littering the floor that clattered as Amka's foot brushed against one - lighting the crystals aflame with a riot of colors.

An idea formed as the girl stared down at the pile of clear quartz at her feet. Stretching out on her dark belly, the girl spent several long moments arranging the crystals into a pile with her clumsy paws. 

After several long heartbeats a ray of light struck one of the crystals in her pile just so, the light bouncing reflectively off the nearest crystal and so and so forth.

The light bounced through the pile of quartz before lighting upon the shimmering cave walls. Colorful, artificial auroras danced on the walls and across her dark features - causing the Yukon to laugh aloud in sheer amazement that she had actually done it. 
"Are you insane like me, been in pain like me?

Are you deranged like me, strange like me?"
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The malguk was on her way up the mountain when flashes of light drew her attention from the path in front of her. She stopped and stared in the direction for a second, brows creasing inquisitively. Finally, she decided to investigate and began moving towards the strange scene on the side of the mountain. Taki knew the mountain fairly well by this point, so she traversed the peaks and dips with ease and familiarity. 

The scent of the new member mixed with the air before she neared the opening of the cave. She had learned to put aside her antisocial ways to take care of leadership duties pretty quickly; it just made things easier, and it wasn't like she necessarily disliked any new members--she just didn't trust them until they proved they deserved it. So, even though part of her wanted to turn around and head back to the top of the mountain here she knew she would be alone, she continued forward, wanting to learn more about the dark female. 

She stopped on the threshold of the peculiar cavern, eyes first drawn to the dancing lights as she released a chuff to announce her presence.
Inuttuk
Common

12 Posts
Ooc —
She was so distracted by her creation that she didn't hear Takiyok's approach - though the sudden appearance of the pallid woman and her chuff draw her golden gaze. The dazzled smile fades slightly, replaced by a less embarrassing but still welcoming grin. 

"Hail," she murmured by way of greeting as she rose on inky paws. The Yukon dipped her head with respect before it turned to watch the rainbows dancing upon the walls. 

"Lovely, isn't it? Does the tribe know of this place?" She inquired, turning back to the Malguk curiously.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki have a curt nod in response to the other female's greeting before taking a few more steps inside the cave. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've never seen this place before, the malguk answered with a quick shrug. She thought it was weird she had never stumbled on this place while she was exploring the mountain, but it was probably impossible to really know every nook and cranny; that wouldn't stop her from trying, though.

Have you done a lot of exploring? Taki asked curious to see if the other woman had been contributing to the pack.
Inuttuk
Common

12 Posts
Ooc —
"The spirits speak here," she murmured after the pale woman shrugged for she couldn't understand how one could be so casual about discovering such a find. It didn't occur to her that the tribe didn't worship the spirits as her natal pack had. They were northern and the Yukon merely assumed they shared the same faith. Still, Amka said no more on the matter. It wasn't her nature to press. 

"I'm afraid not. I just got here and all, ya know?" She smiled slightly. She'd been in the territory for perhaps an hour or so and the sun would be going down soon. She'd figured familiarizing herself with the territory could fill her time until tomorrow when she could really begin looking for something to do. 

"I figure look around this evening, patrol tomorrow morning and see if I can find something to hunt. I'm better with instructions though so if you have a task in mind I'm all ears." Her dark ears wiggled atop her crown as if to demonstrate.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She only nodded in response the other woman's comment on the spirits. She was far too pragmatic to believe in things like spirits, but this wolf could believe whatever nonsense she wanted as long as she helped provide for the pack.

Her reply sounded vaguely like an excuse to the malguk, and she had to resist the urge to roll her eyes (even though Amka's reason was, honestly, justified, but that's Taki). She somewhat saved herself by stating her plans for tonight and the next day, though, and the snowy leader offered her a quick nod in response. That sounds like a good plan. Patrolling is most important, Taki stated. We seem to get a lot of visitors in the adjacent territories; I make sure to check them regularly, but extra help in those areas would be appreciated, she added. More eyes trained to look for intruders were always helpful since it was impossible for the malguk to be everywhere all the time no matter how hard she tried.
Inuttuk
Common