Fox's Glade he was a livin' breathin' action screenplay cliche
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
He breaks away from his small group to hunt — it's a feeling all too familiar, and he can't make heads or tails of the odd similarities between his situation now and his situation almost a year ago. Does it mean he's destined to fail all over again? To repeat this hellish cycle of events until he dies, his own personal hell? He can't imagine anything more fitting, really.
It's not the prey in the glade that ultimately captures his attention, but the foliage; he spots remnants of herbs he won't find again until after winter has passed, and the medic in him can't resist their pull. Plants, he thinks, are easier than wolves. More simple. And sometimes he envies them for it — there are few things he wouldn't give, at this point, to be so dull and lifeless and boring, only needing dirt and sunlight, the occasional rainfall or piss of some passing animal to survive. No emotions, no fucking up. Just leaves and sunshine, and probably the persistent smell of every single thing rotting on the forest floor.
Whatever. It'd be easier.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei always got a chill as soon as Alarian left her side. One might see it as her being too dependant but he was the only one that ever made her feel safe. She followed his scent, as she had had a little panic attack when he had disappeared. And found him him, but she stayed low and quiet. What was he exactly doing this time? Walking across the terrain, hunting perhaps? Or maybe he needs alone time, she thought to herself, suddenly feeling bad now.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He pauses as a familiar scent drifts to him on the breeze, closer than he'd have thought. A faint smile tugs at his lips as he pauses his browsing, turning his head slowly to glance over his shoulder. His single working eye scans the trees a little haltingly until the unmistakable glare of Korei's stark coat catches his gaze. Of course the girl would follow him — it'd been difficult enough getting alone time when Lennon had been part of their trio. Now he is the only familiarity in this vast wilderness; he should know better than to think he can afford time to himself.
Korei, He calls out softly, tail swishing gently behind him. More out of laziness than anything, he opts to stay where he is and allow her to approach; ironically, he finds himself a little weary of walking so much. Or perhaps it's more a side effect, a single symptom of the bone-deep weariness he can feel settling over him even now. It almost feels like dying — but he's not that lucky.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia kept low, just observing. That was until he turned, had he found something to hunt her way? It wasn't till he spoke did she make a little squeak sound. Yep, she was caught out. "H-Hi..." She said as she poked her head up, looking back to him. "Alarain what...what are you doing?" Korei asked, moving up towards him now.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He turns fully to face Korei as she approaches, trying his best to swallow back the aching flood of memories sparked by her golden gaze. He smiles, and he hopes it's convincing enough to reassure her. Just taking a walk; I was thinking about hunting or looking for herbs, maybe, He tells her, gesturing vaguely to the foliage around them. His gaze turns back to her, curious, noting distantly the beginnings of a headache blooming under the scarred portion of his skull. What are you doing wandering around?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia smiled back and stayed just a pace off, as usual staying close. "But you know I like herbs...you could have brought me along" she said, maybe sounding a bit upset. But she was more so just panicked a bit. His sudden disappearance always had her on her toes, afraid she would never see him again.

"Um...just...went on a walk" Korei said, thinking if she admitted the truth it would make her look like someone that needed to be babied.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
For a moment he wants to be irritated with the obvious upset in her tone, but he quickly understands her nervousness; hadn't he already tried to leave her once? Though, that had been different — out here, in the unknown, leaving her for more than a few hours is unthinkable. Sorry, He murmurs softly. Hopefully in time, she'll trust him again. I just needed some quiet. He pauses at hearing her answer, then adds: Do you want to walk with me?
Assuming she agrees, he starts to walk again, this time a little more aware of his surroundings. It's a little tiring, always having to consider Korei's safety — but she can't really help being so... helpless, can she? Or, maybe she could, but Alarian is not the one to push her to do so; he has enough trouble pushing himself to roll over and get up in the morning.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei managed a small smile, but she was upset with herself now. He had needed some peace and quiet, and she had barged right in on it. Though at the offer, she was practically jumping for joy. Or well, her emotions were as she sidled up next to him. "Yes...Yes I would like that" she said, smiling a bit more. Always wearing such a bright smile.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His spirits lift slightly as Korei falls into step alongside him; he's reminded of a happier time, and for once the familiar claws of regret and hurt do not sink into him with the memory. He's silent for several moments, expression serious and thoughtful, but content. It occurs to him that of all the companions he's taken in his life, Korei has stuck with him the longest — through stubbornness if nothing else. Yet he still knows so little about her — about where she came from.
Korei, He starts softly, a little hesitant. I know it's hard for you to talk about, but I was wondering if — um, if you could tell me a little about, you know... where you came from. Before we met. I've just been thinking about it a lot since we ran into your sister, and... He trails off, feeling overly bold in his request — but how else is he supposed to get anything out of Korei, oblivious as she can be?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia had that bright smile remaining. His company always did that for her. The feeling of safety. And her smiled stayed, even when he began...but then it faltered as he went on. That question she had expected since the meeting, and sighed. "My family...I was the runt. The little one, the...the baby. Looked down on, and everything I did was wrong" she growled at the thought. 

"I hated being that. The little one, picked on. And when my...when my..." Korei choked on the words. "I can't, I...I can't go there again." She said, weeping a bit now.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
She doesn't give him much, but he's grateful for it anyway, listening attentively as she explains. Sympathy surges in his chest as he listens; he might not have been the runt of his litter, but he knows what it is to be an outcast among your own family. He knows what it's like to want to leave it all behind. But — he'd had Zamael, hadn't he? He'd had someone. But he doesn't want to think about Zamael right now, and Korei is crying anyway.
I'm sorry, He tells her, pressing his nose gently to her cheek if she allows the touch. I — I kinda know what that's like. Being an outcast. Being looked down on. But... you never have to go back there. You never have to go through that again, Korei. I promise. He'll get more out of her one day — this is at least a step in the right direction, he thinks.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia sniffled as Alarian put his nose to her cheek, and she held back her tears now. Sighing, as she tried to block out all those thoughts. Korei didn't want to look back on that, not now. It opened up to so much pain in her heart, it broke her. Brought her down to the ground, made her feel sorry for herself. It was always so painful.

"I can't go back...they hate me now. You heard her...they might have looked for me, but you heard her" she said, sniffling as tears dripped to the ground. "Only you stayed...only you..."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He stays like that for awhile, hoping to comfort his friend. He's grateful that she shared anything at all — but honestly, he's still a little dissatisfied. Another time, maybe; he knows he can't push her now, not when she's so emotional. So he just stays with her — and eventually, he departs to hunt. Mostly to clear his head, but he tells himself he'll bring back food; he doesn't need more guilt on his conscience.