Firefly Ravine The promises you'll only make
Dustin' off my jumpsuit
20 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 

For whatever reason, stupidity probably, Sif had jumped into the raging river in an attempt to cross. Once held within the freezing grasp of the water, she realized her decision was probably not the best; she was used to her brother figuring these things out, and clearly she was completely inept in the survival department. The thought caused tears to form in her eyes as she remembered she would never see Sol again. The tears were soon forgotten, though, as she thrashed against the fast-moving water. In a stroke of complete luck, she was swept against a thin, low-hanging branch and was able to grab on with her teeth. With more effort than she knew she had, she lugged herself from the water and threw herself on the shore, coughing and shaking. Tears filled her eyes again, and she let the sobbing come. 

She had been doing a lot of crying since her brother died. He was everything to her, and now she was left alone to figure all of this shit out on her own. She sat up angrily, but diffused just as quickly as a chill set into her bones. She shook violently as she looked around defeated, wondering what the hell to do next.
This character is Non-consent, and any type of PP is allowed with her excluding death.
Volcanoes melt me down
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

The aching and lonely had a tendency to find her.  And why should they not?  She was a therapist, a master in her trade, and now she led a sanctuary that was designed and developed for people like this.

She'd strolled just outside of the territory along the edge of the ravine when she caught the sound of sobs and headed towards them with worry.  She wondered if Qilaq had left, or gotten lost and disoriented, but it was not her.

A quick glance over the girl showed her to be more or less in alright condition; Seabreeze held her distance and allowed the young woman to cry.  She'd look up when she was ready.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Dustin' off my jumpsuit
20 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her gaze found the blonde stranger in the distance, but she averted it immediately. Shame forced her ears against her head as she realized the woman must have heard her crying. Oh well, it wasn't like she could hide the fact that she was a useless mess; it was only by sheer luck that she had made it this far alive on her own. 

She didn't move or say anything; it seemed too forward. Instead, she waited to see what the other wolf would do or say. Had she been standing, she would have tucked her tail, but she was sitting, so she just drew it impossibly tighter against her vibrating body.
This character is Non-consent, and any type of PP is allowed with her excluding death.
Volcanoes melt me down
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

There was a soft spot in her heart for those who'd been touched by the water.  It was only a year ago, maybe a little longer, when she'd been thrown upon the shores by the ocean.  She ghosts forward, pressing herself low to the ground, and calls out quietly.

Hey there, come her gentle tones, it's alright.  She wasn't sure if it really was, but sometimes all it took was a reassuring voice.  You're safe here.

Dustin' off my jumpsuit
20 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It took a minute for the soothing words to pierce her dejected shell, but the word 'safe' drew her attention, her ears lifting a little before falling again. She lifted her eyes a bit, making brief eye contact before looking down again. Safe? she questioned. She hadn't felt safe since she was last with her brother; the prospect of feeling that way again was almost too much for the coywolf. Do you live here? she asked next, feeling a little more comfortable. She had been so concerned with trying to stay alive that she hadn't even thought to check for territory markers; that wasn't something she was used to worrying about. She felt the slightest flicker of hope that she may have found somewhere to feel protected again, but she squashed it just as quickly as it had come; there was no use getting her hopes up for something that hadn't been promised. Besides, who would take in such a hopeless mess? Her parents would have left someone like her for dead.
Volcanoes melt me down
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Sort of.  I live back there, in the willows.  We're a sanctuary.  You're welcome to come stay with us, even if it is temporary.  Her eyes remained trained on the poor washed-up girl, though they didn't seek the eyes that couldn't meet her own.  She caught the tremor in her ears, the way she curled in on herself.  This girl was Seabreeze, but a year ago.  But you do not have to.  There is no pressure, whatever you decide.

Dustin' off my jumpsuit
20 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She almost couldn't believe the invitation. She had expected to die out here alone, but somehow she had found this wolf who was now offering her a place to stay. Relief and exhaustion caused tears to form in her eyes and roll down her cheeks before she could stop them. She sniffled and tried to collect herself before shakily answering, Thank you. I would like to stay with you. her bleary eyes stayed trained on her feet as she waited for the next step, hoping her savior's home wasn't too far from here. Sif felt a complete shutdown coming on, and she preferred to be somewhere safe when it happened.
Volcanoes melt me down
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She reminds Seabreeze of herself when she was younger, and there's a fondness in her gaze as she looks forward in order to allow Sif to cry without feeling scrutinized.  Sure.  Let me show you where we live, she says, turning around towards her forest. There are a couple of things you should know, but I wouldn't want to overwhelm you.  We'll get that settled once we're back.

Dustin' off my jumpsuit
20 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She only nodded, too emotionally drained to say much else as she moved near the nice woman and began to follow her. She was glad her home seemed nearby, because she felt a hazy cloud of exhaustion beginning to settle in her mind, and she was afraid she might pass out. She had been avoiding sleep as much as possible because her brain liked to torture her, so that combined with the stress and exertion of pulling herself from the river was starting to catch up with her. She probably had enough steam left to follow silently behind this kind wolf, she thought as she watched her feet move beneath her.
Volcanoes melt me down