Fox's Glade you are the moon
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
She followed the path of the mysterious stranger (@Sorin) to Fox's Glade, only to find his trail run thin. The scent of fox ran rampant here and tainted everything else, but if that had been the only distraction, she figured she could've picked the trail back up easy enough. Instead, she felt like she spent more of her time backtracking her steps than she did actually following the path of the shadow, for while she caught wind of his presence here and there, his path was always broken by Easthollow.

Clary hadn't seen her family in so long, and to be here and not call out for them almost felt like a betrayal - but, she reminded herself as she set herself on course for what felt like the hundredth time that evening, her charge was not with them today, and she liked to think they would understand.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin had stayed around the forest for a while, still haunted by his recent experience with the white pelted women on the plain. He had come so close to losing his composure, to having his carely constructed barriers utterly shattered. It was a challenge that he had not expected, and he had no intention of being so vulnerable again. Showing such raw emotion made one weak, and being weak got you killed, or worse. At least, that's what Sorin had come to believe.

He stalked through the forest, cloaking himself in the shadows of the trees. The scent of fox lay heavy on his nose, and for that he was glad. If the scent was making it hard to detect any prey, then it would also conceal him as well. Although, there was certainly a tinge of annoyance, for he simply could not find anything worthy of eating. He wouldn't eat fox, not after all the little predators had taught him. And so he searched in vain for any scents of typical prey items.

Suddenly, Sorin caught sight of someone off to his left. He looked intently, trying to ascertain who else was in the forest. Utter shock crossed over his face as he recognized her. She followed me! he thought, filled with fear and anger. He wasn't ready to confront anyone yet, certainly not her. The rugged male stood dumbstruck for a moment, trying desperately to figure out what to do. Finally, he turned, burying himself in the shadows once more, intending to sneak away unnoticed.
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She was more distracted than usual, in part because she worried. Worried what the man would do if she actually found him - what would her family do if they found her - if they would even want to see her if any of them did. Clary hoped and believed they would, but after so much time alone in the world, the gilded line had begun to chafe away, and she had come to realize that sometimes hope wasn't enough. Once, she had been so certain they'd welcome her back, if only for a day, but now... well. Now she wasn't so certain anymore.

Movement broke her stream of thought and the present came rushing back - her worries flew away, and the smell of fox took their place - the trails of Easthollow, and the scent of the man she followed. Stronger now that it had been before, and she turned in surprise.

Honestly? Clary hadn't actually expected to find him, and in her - excitement? nerves? - she turned to the left, before she spun back to the right and stopped, paw raised and ears tall to try and catch him, but the forest held too many shadows, and any sight of him was just as elusive as his trail.

"Oh - um - oh gosh, I should've planned for this," she stutters out loud, until she bites her tongue and tries to think fast this time, and smart. She quickly conjures something up that's hopefully better than last time.

"Um - I know it was probably stupid to follow you - but well, you left so fast, before I could really say anything, and I just needed to tell you - that, um - " oh gosh, it felt so dumb now, but no stopping now. She was committed, "I just wanted to tell you it's okay. And that I'm sorry? And, well, maybe we could start over - but I mean, if you don't want to I'd get that too," and she exhales as her ears splay to the side, and she mumbles, "Oh gosh, I'm not very good at this..."
105 Posts
Ooc —
While the dark male could generally conceal himself within the night, he hadn't taken any measures to conceal his scent. He growled lowly to himself for the mistake. He had known, deep down, that she would follow him, and he should have done more to cover his trail. But of course, the question became why hadn't he. Sorin was well versed in covering his tracks, from scent to sight to sound. In many ways, concealing his tracks from those he didn't want to run into had become second nature to him. So why hadn't his 'instincts' kicked in? Had he wanted to meet her again, to speak with her? He scoffed at the notion, but he knew deep down that he maybe he wasn't being entirely honest with himself.

She called out, and he stopped, deciding that it would be incredibly rude to continue his flight now. He listened to her speak, saying that she was sorry and that maybe they could start over. Start over, start what over exactly he thought, puzzled. His face showed none of his confusion though, as his expression was once again a carefully cultivated neutrality. "I told you, you don't have to be sorry. It isn't your fault," he said lowly.
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She'd expected to be met with silence at the least, or the rustle of the trees as the stranger backed away and fled - but she hadn't actually expected him to speak. His voice came from the left of her, and at his voice she whirled around, ears pitched and head raised as she tried to see beyond the darkness, to catch even a silhouette of the stranger, but all she found was thick woods and shadows beyond her discerning.

His tone ranged with such a calm that the vivacity of her own voice felt almost out of place. She found herself listening with a sheepish cant of her ears. Oops. "Yeah - I guess you kind of did..." that didn't mean she didn't feel any less responsible, but somehow the thought of saying that didn't seem like it would make anything better, so she grinned apologetically and scuffed the ground. It didn't really feel like saying anything would make things better, and as she tried to scrounge for words, she found herself blurting the first and safest thing that came to her mind, to cover the silence with something - "What's your name?" and quickly added, "I'm Clary. No fancy titles or anything. Just Clary." And to be quite frank, she was still okay with being simply that.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin sighed inwardly to himself. He was torn in completely opposite directions, unable to decide on a course of action. Part of him wanted to get the hell out, to leave this whole situation and never see her face again. And another part yearned for the company she could provide. For although he had maintained an aura of cold neutrality and distanced himself from others, deep inside, he was like any other wolf. His heart desperately sought companionship, but his head, and more specifically the demon he had created, refused to give into his heart's desire. He wanted the company of others, but he also feared it with a burning passion, not knowing whom, or even if he could, trust anyone.

He was torn out of his musings when the girl spoke again, giving her his name, Clary. A small smile flickered across his face, as her name sounded nice in his head. But to give his name, that was commitment. Even if they never saw each other again, his name would stay with her, and could be whispered back to the one he dreaded meeting above all others. It would create a connection, no matter how small, between the two of them. And his head simply balked at the idea.

But even as his head recoiled, another part of his mind knew that he had to start making connections again. Sorin had isolated himself for the last few months, and he knew, difficult as it might be to overcome, that it was no way to live. His parents wouldn't have wanted it. Viggo wouldn't have wanted it. So, with his head still not totally sold on the plan, he stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself to her. "My name is Sorin," he replied, in a neutral yet warmer tone than before.