Heron Lake Plateau All in all, it was a good day.
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Private 
Having been sauntering around the valley more or less aimlessly, Bruges made his way back to the Plateau, passing along the borders near the Thicket and called out for his sister. He’d more or less forgotten the bet he’d made with Ambrose, but was willing to let him have more time to scramble and make something of himself. He didn’t care what his brother had managed, really- as long as he’d made himself a home, had integrated himself and was living comfortably. 

He waited for his sister to show up and was surprised when she did so but didn’t launch herself at him, as was her usual method of greeting him. ”If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you haven’t slept in a week.” He said, with a wry grin. He then tilted his head and gestured. ”Y’look tired. That old man you call a boyfriend actually giving you a bit of exercise?” He jested.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh was surprised to hear Bruges call for her, so she left Colt somewhat unwillingly. He was only around every now and again, and now that they were officially together, she wanted to be apart from him even less. But with Ceara still missing, their pack was still trying to both maintain their stability and find her to bring her home. 

She didn’t pounce Bruges as she usually did, and grunted sarcastically at his comment. ”For your information, that “old man” is my mate, now, not my boyfriend. And he’s like a year older than you,” She said confidently. She had no idea- but sure, Colt was only 3, maybe 4, right? ”So yeah. Busy. Plus Ceara’s missing,” She said, and caught herself, awkwardly. ”You, uh, you met her.” She supplied, figuring her brother probably didn’t remember the name of one of his flings.
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Colt was her mate? Bruges looked surprised, but not the impressed sort of surprised- more the skeptical kind. Of course, he thought Colt was practically geriatric. Any wolf older than him was therefore old. He thought about saying something about her low standards, or the fact that there must’ve been slim pickings but thought otherwise of it. Niamh- tired as she was- looked pretty smug, which meant that she was happy. 

”Well then. Congrats to you and your- man,” He said carefully, catching his sister’s dark look. When she brought up the name Ceara it didn’t mean anything to him. It wasn’t until the awkwardness she felt showed and she insisted he’d met her that he understood who she meant. ”Oh, you mean Fire,” He said. That was the name she’d given him, anyway. He shrugged apathetically, ”Oh she probably just ran off in search of me. Couldn’t get enough,” He sneered.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh didn’t appreciate the fact that Bruges didn’t take her seriously, but it wasn’t like she needed to impress him. He was a playboy and a vagrant- she was the beta of a pack with a mate, and that to her was the epitome of success. There was some sincerity in his voice, and he did ammend his statement when she gave him a glare. 

His egotistical statement about @Fire was not well received; Niamh growled, and took a step toward him, ears pricked. Brother or not, she didn’t like how flippant he was being about everything. ”No, asshole,” She growled. ”She’s missing. Presumed kidnapped or something by the Blackfeather wolves- apparently one of them attacked her....And our pack was at war with them before I joined, so it’s real bad news.” She said before she added, somewhat spitefully, ”Not that you care.”
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Bruges was taken aback by the abrasive nature he was being faced with, and he recoiled slightly but showed no fear. He knew his sister would never hurt him. It was hard to take her seriously when she was frustrated, and of course, he preferred to assume she was simply irae because Colt was keeping her...Busy.

”Calm your tits, sis,” He said. She seemed to be hinting that there was some massive brawl in the future between two packs, and the idea of that was ridiculous to him. ”If she got hurt maybe she’s just taking time getting back home. Happens all the time.” He said, shrugging one svelte shoulder.”She’ll be back. I got the impression she’s a bit of a keener.” He said.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh would not calm her tits, thank you very much, and Bruges’ casual dismissal of the situation riled her up even more. She shook her head somewhat violently, causing an audible pop as the joint cracked, giving her some relief in her shoulders, and she took two more brisk steps toward her brother until she was right up in his handsome face.

”She’s not just taking her time coming back- she should be back already. This isn’t her -at all.-“ She said empatically. ”She’s Colt’s sister, so she’s my family now. I know that means shit to you, but it means a fucktonne to me.” She sniffed stubbornly, staring her brother down. If he didn’t get the point soon enough, she’d deliver it in a more tangible way.
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Bruges had to hide a wry smile when Niamh got all up in his business, thinking it might intimidate him. Normally when someone did that, he’d give them a lick- male or female- just for the reaction. Of course, he’d tried it on Niamh and she’d gone ballistic before so he behaved himself. She was a bit overdramatic at the worst of times. This was no different; he didn’t see what the big deal was.

”Oh?” He said, and leaned forward, staring back at her. ”So she’s family now. I’m your brother- your blood family. And I’ve been missing for over a month and a half now- where’s all the concern for my wellbeing?” He asked, a smile spreading across his normally handsome features- but this time, the cruel intent made him look ugly.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
For an egotistical wolf, Niamh had a fuse with a decent length.

OK, so that’s a lie. Niamh has a flare for being dramatic, an ego, and a short temper. And all three were rubbed the wrong way by her smug-ass brother who was all that plus a narcissict. When he pushed back toward her, she bared her teeth. She allowed him to finish, and was outraged by the fact that he thought he could apply himself and his situation to Ceara’s- and that was all that she could take. 

She didn’t growl to warn him but leapt first and with him being so close, even he as nimble as he was couldn’t side-step fast enough to avoid her. If anything, the fact that he tried to step sideways worked against him as his long legs buckled beneath him under the sudden onslaught from his sister whose height and weight, proximity and ferocity all combined struck him down within two seconds. She snapped at his muzzle and shoulders until he whined and recoiled, but still she stood over him.

”Ceara’s not a slutty skeezebag like you. And she actually cares about others, which is more than I could ever say about you- all you care about is yourself.” She snarled. ”That’s why I don’t go looking for you. You care more about yourself than anyone ever could.” She said, shaking. She stared him down and eventually backed off him, but didn’t give him much space.
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Swift as he was, Bruges couldn’t move out of Niamh’s way fast enough, and when e tried to, he was just bowled over anyway. Her teeth snapped at his face, cleaving through the fur of his cheeks and along his shoulders, but she was skilled enough to avoid actually making him bleed; he never would have expected her to be so well trained, so he submitted quickly, tucking his tail beneath his belly and curling his forepaws against his chest. Though she’d snapped at him physically, it was her words which stung the most. 

Stubbornly, he wanted to snort and tell her she was wrong- but she wasn’t, and that revelation stunned him. She backed off, and he slowly rolled to his side, and would have regained his footing- but she was still hovering there, so he slumped back toward the ground, hurt. ”That’s not true,” He murmured softly, plaintively, but she wasn’t about to let him explain himself.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
He looked sorry, finally, but Niamh could only assume he was just feeling sorry for himself. He seemed to have the good sense not to challenge her again, and stayed on the ground. He spoke, but she wasn’t having it.

”Then prove it sometime. Now get the fuck out,” She snarled, and snapped at his ankles, hoping to spur him into motion so she didn’t need to actually drive him out.
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Bruges gawked at Niamh for a moment, but didn’t waste a second when she threatened him and snapped at him. He was up and off in an instant, tail still tucked and ego completely deflated- if not destroyed- as he high-tailed it away from the Plateau. 

Her words continued to sting him as he continued further away, his trail taking him toward the North toward the mountain range. Though Niamh probably hadn’t realized it, she’d given the faintest of gestures when she’d spoken, and Bruges was never blind to subtleties. 

The direction was North-west, and the word had been Blackfeather.