Emberflame Ridge of which she is in the middle
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
skipping past some prelims to get this moving; also mild PP if that's ok @Khali. backdated a couple days. other tags for reference.

And they were off!

Lily bounded across the ridge--though still cognizant of where and when she stepped--tongue lolling from her mouth in joyful abandon. She cast a look at Khali, grinning, and surged ahead, challenging him silently to a race. They had left Elysium and were on their way to find @Seabreeze 's ex-mate's new pack (sounded a lot more confusing than it actually was). Hopefully all would go smoothly.

The blackbird stopped at the edge of an overlook, a gorgeous, absolutely perfect view of the valley below. She stared in wonder, toes curling. "God, it's beautiful," she remarked, glancing over at her traveling partner once more. "Isn't it just stunning, Khali?" She knew he'd agree. He had to! Anyone who could stare at this and not agree didn't have a pulse.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
So they were off now... and man did he feel like he was on cloud 9. Every step taken he felt like his heart was going to pound out of his chest. Does he try and show off? Be himself? Khali isn’t sure what to do but he knows he should cherish these moments, the ones exactly like when she admired the valley. With a twinkle in his eyes he stepped forward to look over it with her. 

Nothing was as beautiful as she but the valley came close. “It’s gorgeous. “ he assured her but secretly he was looking at her not the valley when he said it. The start of this trip had been better than what he expected and hoped the rest would be as good or better than it.
“Swahili” is in blue, he tries not to speak it so no one will know his past.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Ditzy as she was, Lily wasn't completely out of touch. She caught the look in his eye immediately, and glanced away, a bashful smirk coming over her muzzle. This trip had more benefits beyond alliance-building. Perhaps Seabreeze had known that, thus urging the two of them to go together.

I have a question for you, the blackbird said, still slightly unable to meet his gaze, her heart beating quick and soft against her chest. It was a question she hadn't asked in a long time; the joining of flesh had been the only contract signed and sealed between her past lovers. With Khali, it was different. It felt more. . .real. Like he wouldn't just vanish on her.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
The question she wanted to ask seemed serious as she looked at him and then quickly turned away. He stepped toward her just a pawstep and then nudged her. “Yes Lily, you can ask me anything.” He said softly his brow furrowed for a minute as he thought of what she might be asking him. The sandy mans tail swayed a bit.

As the thoughts stirred in his head his heart beats started to go faster. It seemed as though time was going slower, like seconds were hours and minutes were days. Hopefully it wasn’t anything bad or the other thing that came to mind made him feel giddy. He loved that thought but would have to wait to see what she said.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She had been much, much younger when she asked this; it might not even be a tactic that held up at her age now. Nevertheless, there was no other way. She had gone over each and every potential wording in her head and found all the rest inadequate. If she were more afraid that he would say 'no,' she wouldn't ask at all.

I like you, Khali, Lily said warmly, finally forcing herself to look him in the eye. I really like you. And I think--though I could be wrong; I have before--that you like me, too. Do you want to be my boyfriend?

Eep. Now came the waiting. Again, she had little to no fear of him denying her--but crazier things had happened. Could happen. She shifted awkwardly on her paws, a nervous giggle escaping her maw. She was tempted to look away again, but no--that would discredit her.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
The words he had been wanting to hear since the end of that night long ago in the Sanctuary had finally come. Could it be? Was he hallucinating? He knew it was real when she gave a nervous giggle. For a second he couldn’t even muster anything out, his breath had been taken away and his heart fluttered like a butterfly. The mans eyes twinkled with admiration and love. He couldn’t wait for what was to come in the future.

I like you too... you’re not wrong.” He smiled as he cleared it up for her. “Yes I will be your boyfriend, nothing would make me happier, Lily.” He said a big toothy smile showed upon his lips as he ended the sentence. This had to be the best day to date. Nothing in his life had made much sense except this, him and her together, that’s all that he wanted.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She sat stiff with anticipation, waiting for his response. For God's sake, why wasn't he saying anything?! Oh! But then he finally did, and it was a yes--oh, yes! She wanted to leap around and scream; a strangled squeal escaped her, and she half-fell into his embrace, licking his cheek in feverish excitement.

Oh, this is wonderful! Lily murmured, careful not to yell in his ear (that wouldn't do). She nuzzled her face against his shoulder, a happy sigh leaving her lips. I'm so happy and relieved, Khali. I'm glad you feel the same way. It wasn't a surprise, really--it was just good to hear it at last. To have everything come together, for the first time in her life.

Good things came to those who waited, right?
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
As he ended his statment she fell into his embrace and he felt like he was on a high. She licked him and he groomed her head softly with a smile. His heart felt like it was in a nascar race going a million miles away and the finish line wasn't in sight yet. I can't believe this really happened, what an amazing day, he thought and gave Lily one last lick on her cheek.

"Isn't it?" he agreed with Lily. Feeling her close was like a snug blanket that he never wanted to leave. Together felt so right. "I'm relieved you felt the same way... I wasn't sure you'd ever feel that way about me." he said releasing his bottled up low-self esteem he had when first meeting Lily. 

The future now seemed so bright, he wasn't sure anything could dim it. Lily,him, and maybe in their future kids... it was all so good.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Well, you were kind of grumpy, she remarked, teasing. She pulled back to look at him. You were going through a lot, though. And I couldn't talk. It was a mess. Her tail wagged excitedly, thumping against her hocks. You won me over, though. Oh, did he ever!

She had been so terribly upset to lose Vilkas, to fail at roping in Dirge, to only see Barracuda once. But now it seemed that all of it had happened for a reason. This reason. A few moons ago, she wouldn't have put herself in this scenario; she wouldn't have dreamed of it. How was that possible and yet it all seemed so perfect, right here, right now?

I'm so happy, Lily murmured, her eyes like firelight.