Stone Circle Wide eyes
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
All Welcome 
Looking for Greyback for talk with other wolves! Ive seen a lot of new wolves in the pack ranks and would love for Greyback to meet them!

Walking softly, silently, leisurely through the thicket of thicket of the forest with his head high, the older wolf looked around, admiring the scene and smell of the land around him. Greyback enjoyed walking on early mornings where the sun barely rose and washed the earth around it in a orange pink- it's rays obscured by the gashed trees and catching on the vegetation around him that held dew.

Though it was pretty, the land did little to hide the dropping temperature. The Easthollow wolf's breath formed in white puffs that distilled into the air seconds after they left his jaws, and the trees had already began to retreat- their leaves fallen and nesting on the ground in clumps of yellows and browns. He stopped, and looked down at them, admiring their color and knowing that winter was just beyond the clouds.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He tries to make himself relatively easy to run into, as a new member of the pack; he does want to meet his packmates, after all. He's just not fond of doing things like taking initiative — nah, not Ali. Much easier to wander around near where he thinks others might be and hope someone takes pity on his dumb lonely ass. It's the logical path.
So he shouldn't be as surprised as he is when he does run into one of his new packmates. He almost doesn't notice the guy at first — which is funny, because he's massive. Like, giant. And old. And large. Holy shit. He pauses at the sight of the elderly grey wolf, obviously startled and maybe a little intimidated, and not at all realizing he's staring. Since when do they even make wolves that big? And why does he have to be so damn small?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback's ear twitched to the sound of soft paw steps, but was reluctant to tear his gaze away from where he was looking. It was only when the sound stopped did he look and turn his body to the source. His large figure obscuring the light and giving him a halo of pink that stretched outside his fur. A large shadow loomed from him, stretching just inches away from the wolf now in front of him.

Honey-amber eyes met a mismatched bronze and pale. He was startled to see such a large scar on the male, one that nearly covered half of his face, but only showed by a rise of his brows. He was also slightly off-put for the fact the male was staring at him; did he startle him? Greyback stayed silent, the forest too. When none spoke, he let out a gruff to clear his throat. "Greetings," he welcomed, bowing his head down low before rising it in a slow movement. Though the small wolf was one he had never seen, Greyback was certain he was with the pack due to the scent that clung to him. "I didn't expect to see anyone risen at this time. My name is Greyback," He confessed before giving his name.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The other wolf turns before he can gather his wits enough to come up with something to say, and he swallows hard, immediately feeling guilty. The man handles it graciously, at least. Hi, He manages, swallowing again — what is wrong with him lately? Um, sorry. I uh — didn't expect to see anyone either. It's nice to meet you, though — I'm Alarian.
Maybe now that he's done staring like an idiot, he can try to make a decent, uh, second impression. Or this whole thing will be an awful disaster and he'll have to ditch this pack eventually, too. That's always a possibility. So, um, Don't ask if he likes walking, don't ask if he likes walki — The weather is nice, isn't it? That's a lie; the weather is not nice. The weather is biting and awful, far too cold for Alarian's taste, and he doesn't know why he brought it up at all. He's not even sure why he tries to talk to anyone about anything lately — it seems his brain loses all ability to function every time.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback can tell the younger is a bit distressed by their speech, and wonders if its because of his presence. Is it his size? His scar? He takes a step backward just in case, worried to upset them more and lingers his gaze on their build.

The male is small, light-weight, almost feminine like. The way his silky fur falls reminds him almost of his daughter's pack where the wolves prided themselves on their good looks. It reminded him of Venicy, but Greyback quickly closed his eyes and sighed outward to compose himself.

"Alarian," He repeated, testing the name on his tongue and nodding as he commit it to memory. "No need to apologize, it is a pleasure to meet you as well," He replied with a small smile, attempting to lift to awkward veil around them.

He was caught abruptly though when asked about the weather. Surprised, he blinked a few times before casting his giant head upwards to look above, and then around. He looked down at the ground that was littered with snow. "I wouldn't call it nice," he chuckled, brutish voice nearly echoing. "But perhaps others enjoy it that way." He wondered if Alarian liked the cold.

Turning, he took a step away, his ears perked and tail limp. "You are new to Easthollow, correct? Would you like to walk with me, I'd be more than happy to show you around?"

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He's not sure he likes the way Greyback's gaze lingers on him — it's not lecherous, but he thinks he can sense the barest hint of sadness behind it, and when the male closes his eyes and sighs it only intensifies the suspicion. No, he definitely doesn't like it; he's felt similarly too many times to easily dismiss the sense of guilt that creeps up on him.
He pushes the feeling away and tries to return the other's smile. He seems friendly — a little formal, but nice. The smile disappears when Greyback disagrees with his stupid, thoughtless comment on the weather, ears tilting back slightly as embarrassment washes over him. Yeah, um, I don't know why I said that — I hate the cold, He confesses, heat crawling up his cheeks and over the backs of his ears. Fortunately, Greyback's offer is a more than suitable change of subject. But, um — a walk sounds nice. I'd love to see more of the territory.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
im so sorry for the late reply! I took a break from wolf in order to catch up on real life. If you don't want to continue this thread I understand, though I should be back to my normal activity!

Greyback watches the young wolf, embarrassment clouding his features. He seems shy, awkward, and Greyback wonders if he should reassure the wolf about the weather question. Though he decides against it as he doesn't want to linger on the subeject. Instead, he paces forward to take lead.

He nods to Alarian before starting off on the path, his giant paws pushing grass and weeds down with every paw step. He doesn't look back at the male, only turning his ears to listen to the paw steps, stopping to allow him to catch up so they could walk side by side. Greyback didn't like to walk in front of others. He didn't mind taking the lead but also didn't want others to feel as if they were forgotten.

"So..have you seen Stone Circle yet?" He questions, his voice mellow. The stones were always the first to be seen from the territory, and they were one of the most important parts of the pack. "Were in Pando Clone Forest, many get lost here but if you stick to the path you should be alright." He chuckled.