Firestone Hot Springs I saw you standing there and I knew
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Private 

He had followed her. His sister's leaving had caused something small to shatter within him, but he'd filled that void with the fighting for more land; and between the pack. Now, his mind had wandered and he needed something more. Wanted more. He didn't want to fight, didn't want to be kept quiet and subordinate through the demands of the hierarchy. No. He set out to find his sister, and to create himself a new life; before any hopes of being molded into something else vanished entirely. 

He'd traveled relentlessly in the last direction he'd followed @Grezig, and, if he knew her at all, she would've taken the most same route as he did. Direct, only skirting around the packs and worst of territories to make it in one piece. 

But now, he was at a loss. Sat by a steaming pool, warming his cold limbs for some time, for he was caught between two problems. In the East, lay a larger area of Grezig's scent, but it was stale and covered. In the west, however, her scent was stronger and carried to him upon the winds. His eyes watched the water, the last rays of sunlight lit his eyes in a brilliant hazle, but was only muted by the swathes of cloud that perpetually blanketed its rays. He would need to find somewhere for the winter, somewhere to stay. But he was so close. He could ( literally ) smell her.
But would it be the direction he took that determined his fate?

Sat in this most perplexing of problems, Derg thought whilst closely monitoring his surroundings, oft looking up to cast a gaze about. 

​​282 words
|  •  •  |
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Tags for reference only

Grezig had been having second thoughts about all this. Leaving the Plateau. Trying to form her own pack. @Siege had seemed distant recently, which wasn’t helping. Now she found herself wending her way back towards the Plateau. Her home. Still, in her heart even now, it was her home, for she had helped to form it. Then she had left it for being stupid and letting her emotions get in the way. She shook her head as she walked along, berating herself over the entire situation. She should be up there still, with all of them—Liri and Kavik, too, not just the others. She should be helping them prepare for winter. But no, she was down here along the hot springs, with the smell of sulfur and… wait. Was that… Derg? What the hell?

She continued walking, nose to the ground, following the scent. And then he was there, some distance away. She gave a low howl, calling to him, her tail wagging slightly. Why had all of her siblings followed her? Had she really been important to them all? Well… clearly not, since they had all left her in the end. Still, she was happy to see Derg, even if he, too, left.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

His head was bowed when she appeared, deep in thought and secluded to the waters steaming around him. But the sound broke his inner-focus and his head shot up, looking directly at his sister. Grezig, oh how he missed her. He missed her more than he realised and, even though he may not have shown it, she was his favorite sibling. Always the one looking for the future; a leader.
He could follow a wolf like her; he could follow her.

Standing, his tail waved in the air before he stole towards her, head dipped in greeting. As he came in reaching distance, his muzzle extended to meet her. To inhale her scent and to relish every good moment he'd had with her. "Grezig..." His murmur trailed, low and affectionate. She would know, then, that he was devoted to what she'd build here; he had no doubts to what she has done and what empire she'd built. 
He had high expectations of her.

​167 words
|  •  •  |
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Derg’s greeting—the strength and emotion behind it—surprised and warmed her. Somewhat embarrassed, she reached out toward him, allowing him to nuzzle her. She had no idea what his thoughts suggested, but he seemed almost too happy to see her. She pulled back and looked him over, wondering if everything was okay. “Derg,” she greeted. “It seems all of my siblings followed me, one by one. All of them have since left, however.” Yizur’s disappearance still bothered her somewhat, but, horrible or not, she’d nearly forgotten her sister. She scanned the horizon as if looking for the girl, but saw nothing. “What are you doing here?” she asked, pointing her gaze back to Derg.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He looked up to her, even though he stood just taller than her. They too had left, that signaled to him that it was time for him to leave too, but for Grezig, the strongest, not for the others. He didn't care much for them.

His eyes rested on her, large and clear. Darkening with the fading light. His tail waved softly and he softly licked her muzzle, I came here for you. 
He'd worried about his sister often, his feelings had guided him here, and here he would stay. The news of his siblings leaving Grezig angered him, a soft kindling of resentment, for she would always be the one to lead them. Even if she didn't know it.

​123 words
|  •  •  |
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Derg’s affection softened her. She had never been particularly close to any of her siblings, but apparently Derg had always really liked her. That was good to know, at least. “I’m glad you’re here,” she said. Then she quickly got down to business. “Winter is approaching and I’m trying to form a pack. I can take you back to the place I picked out. It’s a large forest where the trees grow close together to help block out weather, so it’s a few degrees warmer inside.” She paused, hesitating. So far, none of her siblings had stayed by her side. Yizur had stayed the longest but even she had disappeared one day. She was taking a chance on Derg, a chance she wasn’t sure she wanted to take, but numbers were important right now.

“Do you want to help me? To join me?”
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He took a step back as her tone changed, this was about business. No longer affection or family; or was it?
She was only now forming a pack? That must be the reason her scent eastwards was different; it was because she was in a pack. His head tilted and ears splayed slightly, of course, he'd join her. He'd came her to find her, his very intention was to join her. His tail wavered softly again, happy to invited. He knew she'd have high expectations of her, and would always do his best. 

His eyes closed slowly and briefly before he nodded, releasing a sigh of tension he didn't realise he'd been holding. He was fortunate and well-timed it seemed, in return of her kindness he verbally agreed, just to confirm to the both of them:  "Of course, Sister." 
And he smiled, at last finding the light to spark a happiness; and to make a new chapter. One where he could leave the disheveled barbarian behind.

172 words

|  •  •  |
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig nodded at Derg’s agreement, and gave him a small smile. She was glad he was here, and hoped that he stayed, unlike her other siblings. “There are a few others who agreed to form with me. A white-furred male named Siege, and a darker male named Laroche. I will introduce you. Come on.” She gave her brother an affectionate nudge and then stood and led him back towards her home, wherever that was for the moment.

[Exit.]