Swiftcurrent Creek A Wish Fulfilled
5 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Away
Joining 
Mysti lifted her nose to the morning air. The grass was damp with dew, as was her paws. A breeze wafted air into Mysti's scent. The young she-wolf knew she was near Swiftcurrent Creek's territory, if not already in it. She wanted to join this pack, not knowing exactly why. All her family had been killed or left her- why on earth would she want to be a part of another one? Deep inside, Mysti knew why. She longed for companionship, and all these years of loneliness had contributed to Mysti's wish. She had heard this pack was very territorial and very protective of their families. This is why Mysti was drawn to Swiftcurrent Creek. She loved that tight bond only wolves could form- the bond of honor, dignity, trustworthiness, and love. This pack definitely seemed to have that bond. That didn't make things any easier for Mysti, though. A tight bond leaves some packs wary of strangers, untrusting, fierce, and overprotective. This was a distinct possibility for Mysti. The scent of the pack grew stronger the further Mysti went. Mysti didn't want to enter the actual territory, just suggest her presence. She stopped when she noticed a small clearing. The early sun directed its rays at the white wolf's pelt. Mysti's eyes twinkled in the sunlight as she tried to figure out her stance. Wary? No, that would give the idea that Mysti was sneaking around, stealing prey. Weak? Of course not! No one wants a weak wolf to join their pack. Strong? No, that could be interpreted as a threat. Maybe she should lay down, signifying her submission? But laying down could show that she thought this territory was hers! Mysti was prepared for entering as a wolf in the lower tier. She was prepared to eat last and be bullied until she could prove her worth. But she wasn't prepared how to actually join the pack. Mysti's attention was immediately diverted at the sound of a rustle in the bushes. Her ears swiveled, her hackles tensed. She lowered her tail, tucking it behind her legs. There would be no time to think about her first impression now.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The swarthy male had been tracing the banks of the creek, his bright eyes studying the harsh current as he nudged his son, Akavir, further along. Flurries would drift past every so often, capturing the attention of the six-month old boy, much to Constantine's amusement. Ice had yet to pull at the creek's edges, and he doubted it would fully freeze with the rapids--but it would surely be more dangerous, come the winter months. Durnehviir had roots in this land, but he worried of its possible dangers... and the fact that the valley was teeming with packs. None of which they were familiar with.

Akavir bid him goodbye as the wolf moved closer to their pack borders. It had been quiet as of late, and the tension between he and his mate had only seemed to further the segregation of the pack. He didn’t know what lay in their future, and it was hard to focus.

But focus he had to—such was apparent when he came upon the snowy form of a she-wolf, her tail tucked further down as she edged uncomfortably close to their home. She seemed fixated on the rustling brush before her, unaware a wolf had come 20 or so feet from her side, and clearing his throat, the ebony wolf lifted his stocky form to full height, his eyes blazing as he studied her.
all you have is your fire
5 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Away
Mysti stared at the brush before realizing the foilage was not important. She heard a clear of a throat, and turned to see an ebony wolf. His fur was dark, and even darker fur seemed to mask his face. She did not know how to reaact, what to say. The wolf's orange eyes fiercely gazed upon Mysti. She had made a mistake by coming here. The breeze seemed colder now as Mysti tensed her muscles. What to do, what to do? Mysti took a deep breath. She unraveled her tail so it now dangled loose, but her muscles remained tight. She needed to introduce herself, that's it.

"My name is Mysti. I am of no pack. I have come not to invade or not steal, but in peace."

It was strange to hear her voice. She had not used it for a very long time, and it sounded a lot different from the high, squeaky voice she had as a pup. It sounded very formal, but soft, not stern.

"I have been a lone wolf for about a year now. I yearn for companionship and a place to call my home. If this pack does not have a place for me here, I will be on my way."

A thought struck Mysti. How would this patrol wolf know whether she could join or not?

"You can bring your alpha here if you need to."

Now waiting for the reply, Mysti stood and darted her eyes back and forth. She needed to find the best escape plan in case this greeting went 'down the rabbit hole', as her mother used to say. She knew that if it led to a fight, she wouldn't make it out alive. At the very least, she would have several severe injuries. This wolf seemed very strong and stocky- a sure sign of danger. What would happen next, Mysti did not know. All she could do was hope.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Sorry for the wait @Mysti <3
'You can bring the Alpha here if you need to.'

He blinked, surprised by her choice of words and uncertain if he found it endearing that she did not take his posture as the picture of dominance to the lands. He vaguely wondered what her history was, but didn't request it. "No need," he replied brusquely, wishing to get closer to the point. She was on their borders, looking to join, and they weren't necessarily in a position to turn away wolves who could assist in hunts and secure their claim. Especially when they searched for two missing pups.

"I'm Constantine, the Alpha here." He paused for only a moment, his gaze studying her as he considered her words. "We have room for those that are loyal and hard working. Can you tell me more about yourself?"
all you have is your fire
5 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Away
 No problem! I'm afraid I tend to spree, but take your time! :D

"I'm Constantine, the Alpha here." 
Mysti was thoroughly embarrassed, findig that this dark wolf was the alpha. How insulting her remark mut have sounded. Hopefully Constantine would regard it as an honest mistake. Constantine. Knowing another wolf's name was something Mysti hadn't known for a long time. It felt right.
"We have room for those that are loyal and hardworking. Can you tell me more about yourself?"

Mysti paused. What were some of her traits? It would be best to start with the bad and end with the good, right?
"I can be ignorant or naiive at times. I like to think that I am a good hunter, but I have only caught rabbits and foxes, never large prey like elk or deer. And I have never fished before. I can be very unsure of things, and indecisive."
Mysti could also be untrusting, but she didn't mention that. If she didn't think the pack was trustworthy, how could they ever trust her? Putting those thoughts aside, these words against her were all true, but she did have some good traits as well.

"I am sure of some things, however, as I am very observant. You have been near water, your fur is glossy, where there's been humidity- the creek hasn't frozen yet, has it? Your paws give it away- they are slightly muddy, whereas the ground would be too hard for that if it was frozen. "

Mysti could also tell that the wolf was concerned about something. She didn't know what, but she refrained from mentioning it.

"I don't know how useful this can be, must I think it can be used for tracking prey. The twig over there is at an odd angle, it will have been stepped on, but on the edge, as it's not cracked. Not by a wolf, there'd be claw marks, but maybe a deer."

Mysti didn't know how she inherited this skill, but it came in handy when finding sick or injured prey.
 She could never hunt elk by herself, of course, but she'd watch the herds. Quicker than a rabbit's flee, she'd find out the weak one. It was always towards the middle of the herd, like it knew that was the safest place. It might be limping, it might be slower. It might have been warier than it would have had it been healthy. Mysti remembered her first, and only, elk. It had been a few months after she had been abandoned. She was watching a herd hungrily, not having eaten anything but a rabbit in weeks. There was a juvenile elk, seemingly healthy. But at a closer glance, she saw its restricted breaths and watery eyes. She was so hungry, she could just pounce! But she didn't. Mysti sat and waited, thinking. Soon she had a plan. They were near a mount of boulders, a pit in the middle. Mysti knew of the pit. But the elk didn't. Sneaking through the brush, she waited until the young elk separated from the herd. She allowed it a glimpse of her, and it cried out and ran to the rocks. It was delirious from the sickness, it didn't now what it was doing. And it fell right into the pit. Mysti ran from the rest of the herd, but returned later to feast. The circumstances had never been so perfect again, but Mysti never was that hungry again, either.

"I am very intelligent, loyal, and hard-working. I am determined to prove my worth to the pack. I am very agile and can run quickly. I am used to difficult living conditions and tough situations. I am submissive when I need to be, but I become very aggresive when defending territory or family.

It felt strange, listing all of her abilities. It felt self-indulgent, but it was necessary.

"I think- I hope - I can be of use to this pack."