Blacktail Deer Plateau I know it's dire my time today
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
Looking for @Siqsa

The alpha was patrolling as usual; he filled most of his time with ensuring the borders were secure. It was something he did more when he had a troubled mind, which seemed to be most of the time lately. This evening, he was plagued with thoughts of his strained friendship with his beta. He created quite the mess, and now he was certainly paying for it. Grezig felt uncomfortable around him, and the relationship between her and his mate was tense at best. He was beginning to feel that things were irrevocably damaged, and it was a source of constant worry for Kavik. Well, he would just add it to his never-ending list of worries.

He sighed and moved forward along the borders, rubbing he inky coat against a tree as he moved and trying to push his anxious thoughts from his mind.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
As usual, Siqsa couldn’t stop himself from getting into trouble. Yea he had healed from Flicker ruining his neck, but his head remained downcast from the healing. It force his head to remain forever low, his neck a cliff drop from immense and impressive shoulders. Nearly two years old, the wolfdog should have found it easier to be in the pack, but in fact it felt more ghostly. He had his run in with Ruenna, who offered him pristine clarity with how things ended up being in the pack, but it shouldn’t have had to come from her. Kavik and Liri has duty to tell him this stuff, yet he hadn’t seen them since he had joined. Like fuck, man.

But it wasn’t it his fault? Wasn’t it his doing that prevented him from being intergrated with the family? He felt his turmoil brew with the thoughts, and conflict as it was, posed no answers. Maybe it was best he kept his distance from the rest of the pack; he couldn’t get his shit together enough to even have a regular conversation. He didn’t even know how to have a regular conversation. That wasn’t something he was good at, in the slightest.

And there went went the merry go round, his decision to stay away from the very folk that would help him heal, or atleast recovere from the childhood that forced him to mold into the disaster that he was.

Walking along the shoreline where he had originally met Kavik, the semi-teen semi-adult kept a solemn gait, his heavy sway almost in rhythm with the light gusts of the autumn’s breaths. Dark navy obsidian ripples as it came to and fro in contact with the air’s resilience. Garnet orbs stayed downcast as the Devil released himself to his own demons.

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Not long into his patrol, the alpha picked up the scent of a packmate--Siqsa. He paused drawing the scent in and exhaling it in a white cloud around his nose. He hadn't talked to the dark male really at all since his joining, and he wanted to make sure he was settling in okay. He had admittedly been a little distracted with his own drama, and that was not the type of leader he wanted to be; he wanted all the members to feel like they were a priority in his life. 

Kavik tracked the male along the borders until he found him near the river. He trotted closer, releasing a chuff as he neared. Once close enough, he greeted his packmate with a dip of his head and a, Siqsa, before coming to a stop in front of him.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
So lost was he that he nearly walked right into the Alpha of the very pack he seemingly avoided at all costs. It wasn’t until the dark paws were right in his field of view did he near jump at the startle, but the cologne that came with the figure held him from it. It was Kavik.

Speak of of the devil,

”[font]Kavik,[/font]“ he returned the greeting properly, atleast. But as he stood there, his tongue refused to still as his body did. Unable to look the Alpha in the eye, he tried to atleast make do with seeing up the the bridge of the onyx’s snout. 

There’s a lot going on,“ he started, being the ironic one seeing how he had no idea what drama others were having in the pack. “I’m not trying to be a damn drama queen, but I’m so damn lost, it’s retarded.“ This was one of the few times he could admit himself to someone else in a way that wasn’t too confusing, but it seemed he was on the verge of being backwards. “How can y’all rest so easy, when there’s shitty people out there? How can y’all work together when you don’t know for sure who’s shitty and who’s not? Like, Liri could be your one and only, but how you know she gone have your back if you get crippled? Some other fucker could swindle her up, and leave you to dry.“ Siqsa has no idea how long they had been together, nor what endeavors they had faced together, but he was from a place where there was no love. “Ruenna, for instance. Came across her that night, and I swear to god, I thought she was a spy. I thought she was out for me, man. And next thing you know, we’re having the deepest fuckin convo that could ever be had in the deepest portion of the Plateau. 

The Demon sat on his haunches, face serenading the ground with these accusations and vocal torment. “I can’t trust anybody, and it fucks with me to try, cuz I just don’t know how. My sister did...“ he said, giving the Alpha yet another peek into his personal life. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik's brow creased in concern as Siqsa began to speak. He silently cursed himself for being so involved with his own shit that he hadn't checked in on the male sooner. Had he known he was having this much trouble, he would have tried to help him adjust. He was here now, so he listened quietly as the troubled wolf spoke. 

Unfortunately, we can't always do anything about bad people outside the pack. I would love to be able to fix everything, but my priorities are with Liri and the pack. If I encounter a situation where I can help a stranger in need, I always do to the best of my ability. I guess that's how I deal with that. I try to put kindness in the universe whenever possible, he said first, taking a seat in front of Siqsa. He thought briefly about the most recent example where he offered food to the starving lone wolf he found near the river in the flatlands. Those were situations where he would never feel conflicted about what the right thing to do was. But no matter how much kindness he wanted to show others, there were still circumstances where even Kavik drew the line, which brought him to Siqsa's next statement. As far as whether or not we can trust our fellow packmates, I guess there is no black and white way to tell if someone is trustworthy; sometimes you just have to take a chance and let others in knowing they might hurt you. Sometimes they will and there's not really anything you can do about it, but most of the time, you will gain lasting relationships, and that makes everything worth it. You can't just shut everyone out because you're afraid they aren't who they say they are; you'll miss out on life that way, he said gently, fixing the male with a warm gaze. If a pack member were to prove to be a traitor, then they would answer to the leaders, the alpha added with ferocity in his tone. He would not tolerate traitors. As for Liri, I suppose that could happen, but I can feel that her love for me is true and unwavering, and I trust her completely. I do not think she would do such a thing. He'd also like to see some male try to steal his mate from him; all would see a side of Kavik rarely seen. He had loved Liri from the moment he laid eyes on her, and he knew beyond a doubt that she was on his side. It wasn't really something you could explain to someone else--they had to experience it for themselves to truly believe that kind of trust existed. 

His comment on Ruenna was surprising, but it seemed the silver female had proven Siqsa's first impression incorrect. I'm glad you were able to open up to her. My advice is to continue to further a relationship with her. Develop trust so you can see it's not such a bad thing.

The dark male went on to explain how difficult trusting was for him, vaguely mentioning his sister. Concern painted the alpha's expression once more. Trust is hard for everyone. It seems that maybe others have give you reason to regret trusting them in the past, and I am truly sorry for that, Kavik offered. Did something happen to your sister? he asked hesitantly, unsure if it was too intrusive a question.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
As he listened, Siq could damn near feel the passion in Kavik’s voice as he went to try and explain his point of view of things. ‘How could he try and stop all the silly shit going on outside the pack?’ the Demon asked himself. He’s the Alpha of the pack, not the whole damn world.

As far as kindness, Siq had tried it a bit. He hadn’t sought Krarius out to smack him up for snitching. That was kind as it was. So would he be doing a good deed every day he hadn’t looked for the mousey dude?

In reference to opening up and allowing others in, Siq knew he was fully incapable of it. Every face he saw screamed at him to not show anything, to not give anything, to be on guard and let nothing stand between you and triumph. Whether it be a rank promotion, or a basic kill. Everything was a contest, everything held opportunities to boost you higher or drag you down in the pack; you had to defend your honor at a moments notice. 
That was his life, and he knew it was eternally impossible for him to just require his brain so readily. To just unravel the entirety of his past, and go on anew. 
So the Rogue remained silent on that, as well.

Ultimately Siqsa didn’t want to be made a fool of had he decided to change his entire manner. He couldn’t forgive himself had he tried and found the pack to just be waiting for him to show weakness; all in all, to ruin him right then and there.

The wolfdog admired what trust Kavik had for Liri. He also chastised the leader for such high trust, as he had seen a few in his birth pack fall for such antics. Women could abude just as much as men, and it was a horrible site to watch siblings drowned or broken in blackmailings. To hear a woman scream out as she was ruined against her will, or a man curse his livelihood because he had come home to a den of dead spawn. The world was wicked, indeed.

Throughout this entire response, Siq had stayed silent, trying to figure his own path between his past and his future. It wasn’t until Kavik inquired of Arana that the bastard almost broke his open mindedness in two. 

Don’t know, and damn sure don’t care.“ He was mad at his sister for a number of things.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His eyebrows lifted slightly in surprise at Siqsa's words regarding his sister. It made Kavik wonder, Did she do something to break your trust? If his own family had give him reason to regret trusting others, the alpha could understand why it was such a hard thing for the male to do. He knew it would take time to show his packmate that letting others in wasn't always bad. He also knew that it was entirely possible that Siqsa my never learn to trust ever again, which made him sad for the male.

I know it's hard to ask this of you, but if you put your trust in me, I promise I will never give you reason to regret it. It was the only thing he felt he could do for the troubled wolf. He hoped that he could prove to him that were still decent wolves in the world deserving of his trust.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
The only way change could come about would be if he allowed it. Well, no, it would come if he allowed it, and others accepted it. Everything was a two-way street, and it was hard for Siqsa to come to terms with this. He was a subborn bastard, despite his naivity.

"I'll have to talk about her at a ... later time?" The sentence became a question as he passively asked to not touch on the subject with the Alpha. She hadn't done anything to him - but he knew all of what had ever happened between them was his fault. He had abused her, both physically, and mentally. But the spiritual healer had never let him down...and he was having a hard time coming to terms with the kindness that he was expected to portray and the evil that had been cultured in him. He couldn't tell Kavik - he would pobably be cast out, and he ...he didn't have anywhere else to go.

"I believe your level of trust," he admitted. "I just don't want to ruin it with something bad from me."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Whatever had happened between Siqsa and his sister clearly made him uncomfortable to talk about, and Kavik wouldn't press him on it any further. He nodded at the other man, Of course. I'm here if you ever want to talk about anything else as well, he offered. 

The alpha's brows creased in concern with his packmate's admission. Don't worry so much about that, he replied. As long as you do your best for the pack, there's little you could do to disappoint me. It was a genuine promise from Kavik, not offered to placate or console. Everyone made mistakes, himself included, and he would always grant second chances to packmates save for very few extenuating circumstances. Maybe that made him naive or too lenient, but he didn't care, nor did he agree. Leading with fear and cruelty might work for some, but he felt a deeper, more lasting loyalty was more likely to come from benevolence.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Kavik spoke as though whether he was confident in the matter or not mattered less to him than both honesty and courage. While Siq respected it or not, this was who Kavik was, 

‘or atleast who he portrayed himself to be, ‘ his doubt regardlessly nagged at him. 

But somehow, this Kavik as he was, made Siqsa feel a bit better, and somewhat less unsure of himself. Maybe that’s what a leader was meant to be. Not some horrid monster that savaged all who opposed them.

Siq had a bit to think about, to sort and figure out his own game plan. Would he take this man up on his offer for emotional reclusion? Or would he rebuke the kindness, and toss himself back into the fires of solitude? 
It seemed he leaned a bit more toward Kavik as the words were exchanged.
And the Demon couldn’t justify whether that was his own doing, or some magical voodoo magic of this dark male. 

Food,” he replied slightly less accurate to the subject. “I get that,” he attempted to clarify. “Borders I rub and piss on,” he added bluntly. “whatever’s not ours I chase off or run down and add to food,”he continued the checklist almost to a ramble at this point. 
But he turned to the suave ebony leader and asked almost mechanically asked,

What else to do for the pack?

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He wasn't sure if his promise rang true with the male, and he watched silently as the words settled. He knew it would take time to show Siqsa that he always meant what he said; it didn't offend the alpha in the slightest. 

The dark male began to list off the things he did for the pack, and Kavik nodded in response. Those are all excellent, he replied. It looks like you've been busy. The alpha thought about his next question, wondering if there was anything else he could think of that might need to be done. I could always use help keeping the caches free of any old food, he suggested, with a shrug of his inky shoulders. Keeping the pack safe is the most important, and it's clear that you already do a good job with that. He was glad to have such a protective packmate; it made him sleep a little better a night--well, when he did actually sleep.
I'm no good without you
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Oh yea, I didn’t think about the old food-“ he shook his head. Why would anybody wanna eat old meat? Why didn’t he think of that instead of just stuffing shit in the same hole? There had to be atleast a million of them. He’d better start on it. 

Abruptly and completely ineptly, the brute nodded, agreeing this subject, and began his walk to sort out these caches. He remembered a few that needed immediate look over, and he thought best to handle them now rather than later. 

Gonna wrap this up because know your busy babe! <3

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik dipped his head, glad he had given the male something to do that would make him feel like he was as important to the pack as Kavik already knew he was. When Siqsa turned and headed off to the closest cache to get to work, the alpha turned and headed towards the borders, ready to start a patrol--his work of choice.
I'm no good without you