Blackfeather Woods or half a page of scribbled lines
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
set at Nightcaller Temple -- for the quest Hail the Nightmother

It was here where she truly felt at home. Not in the Redgrove, nor the caverns below. Not even in Spiderling's Glen; it came closest, but without Ramsay and Euron, it was hollow, a puzzle missing pieces. No, the Temple was her true home. She dreamed of this place each and every night, the whispers of the gods reverberating off the stone.

It was home, and she was chosen.

Maegi placed a half-rotted squirrel at the base of the rock, breathing through her mouth to avoid the stench. She closed her eyes and began to chant, a garbled mixture of common and Daedric, some of it making no sense whatsoever.

(She had also visited the Weeping Meadow on the way, and was consequentially high as balls.)
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman was seldom troubled, but at this time she was. Therefore her actions to relieve the stress she felt drew her towards the temple; perhaps as a reminder of her mother. It was then she smelt the unmistakable scent of the poisonous tree — albeit fainter than at the site — and moved towards whomever had carried the scent to this place. 

At the destination of her tracking, she found Maegi; spying the unmistakably ripped face. She’d know the answers to what the intruders interests, as she hadn’t managed to rip much from the golden male she tirelessly hunted and brawled. Time away from the woods had allowed her to think on the situation. 

Upon her approach, the woman chuffed so she didn’t startle the girl, especially if she was — as you say — high as balls.  ”Hey there,” she called after her chuff, ”how are you holding up?” Her quiet concern hinted her tone, hoping that the girl hadn’t suffered too much from the intrusion — of the scarlet woman or the vengeful males.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi turned quickly--too quickly, the woman dissolving into fuzzy-edged triplets, then combining once more. She tossed Flicker a lopsided smile, shrugging slowly. She could see each mote of dust and dead flesh in the air, spinning, floating. Like clouds, she thought. Tiny, insignificant clouds.

Okay, I guess, the girl murmured, casting her eyes back to her. . .acquaintance? No, she considered Flicker a friend, of sorts. She had followed the Melonii back here, after all. What about you? Haven't seen you in a while.

She dipped her nose at the decaying squirrel, a wry grin painting her ravaged face. Wanna learn some stuff today? Maegi asked, lifting her brows, as if showing a kid at a party how to do a magic trick. There were maggots rippling beneath the surface of the unbroken skin, or perhaps that was just her imagination.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker watched the girl with concern peppering her features as she seemed to be quite unstable.  The scarlet clad woman nodded slowly, considering the I guess. Her eyes narrowed slightly but atill accepted the wraiths answer. 

”I’ve been ok, been wandering to the neighbouring territory’s. Lost a tooth and an ounce of my dignity,” she grinned and decided to not bring up her encounter with the golden brute. 

Her eyes drifted to the dead squirrel, wondering what it’s purpose was here, ”If you don’t mind giving me an insight to your teachings.” The woman waved her tail softly and sat down.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Ouch, she murmured, sympathy in her voice. That sucks. You'll get the dignity back--can't do anything about the tooth, though. Maegi jerked her chin toward the altar, half-losing her balance in the process. She waited for Flicker to draw up alongside her, then bent her head and picked up the squirrel, placing it more securely on the stone.

It's an offering to Peryite, my god, the girl explained, glancing over to the woman. God of pestilence and disease, remember? She wasn't sure if Flicker remembered her lesson. Maybe a refresher course was in order. Peryite is satisfied by things like this. So I've brought it here for Peryite to enjoy.

Māzigon, Peryite, māzigon, Maegi whispered reverently. That means, 'Come, Peryite, come.' It's in Daedric. My uncle Miraak taught me some, a long time ago, but he died and I stopped learning it. I don't know if others here know it. Maybe Relmyna. She began to repeat the phrase over and over, a murmured mantra, until the voices of the gods swelled up and over and threatened to consume her.

Maggots burst suddenly from the squirrel, ripping through a weak part of the skin, billowing out like pale clouds over the rock. Maegi smiled, a feverish look in her eyes. I think Peryite is satisfied, she remarked.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman watched and listened with a timeless patience, eyes narrowing widening in surprise at the daedric words. She'd oft overheard her mother whispering them whilst watching over her brood; and feverishly in the days leading up to the pack's downfall.

"Come to me~guide us~save them." The last words she'd heard her mother speak coursed through her mind in vivid chanting like some inkling of calling.  Mor looked to Flicker for the last time, her matching eyes shuttering in a sorrowful manner before racing into the forest and away from the danger that befell her family. It was in that moment, next to Maegi, that Flicker didn't know if her rust-sister was alive or dead.

With startling harshness, the cream woman focused again on what was happening before her, nodding vaguely at the words she'd picked up; confirmation she'd remembered. Her eyes locked on the ghoulish sight of the maggots bursting from the creature, swarming like a plague across the altar and billowing like pale, industrial smoke. She managed to drag her gaze from the sight, and dared a sidelong look to her friend, catching the look across her features; maniacal. 

"If I were to have a God to favour, whom should I choose?" The woman herself didn't understand where the inkling of curiosity emerged from, but it would give her something to keep attached to the forest by. The darkness had grown on her.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Engrossed as she was in the goings-on of her ritual, Maegi didn't notice the woman beside her slip into the past. Only when Flicker spoke did the Melonii turn her head, and for a moment she remained silent, still in a trance. I don't know, she said slowly, tasting each word as if they somehow held the answers.

A little more lucidly, she fixed her gaze more firmly on the woman and continued, What do you feel closest to? The sun, the stars--the ground, water, night, day, what? Or is there a particular emotion that you feel most often?  How would you describe yourself? Only then, she thought, would she be able to assign Flicker a daedra. She didn't know enough about the woman to choose.

And would she have chosen Peryite if her mother hadn't named her so? Yes, of course, the snakelike voice crooned in her ear, and part of her cradled it lovingly, but the rest of her still wondered. What about Mephala or Namira, or even Sheogorath? If she had been given time to think about it, all else equal. . .would it have been the god of pestilence?
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman was thoughtful, turning over her words with carefulness for she knew it could turn the tides for her future. She again cast her golden gaze to the maggots, some on the outer edges no longer thrashed for warmth but lay still for the cold had claimed their frail forms. The sight was grotesque, but she found a small amount of beauty in the way it was constructed. 

”I have hope. I often feel hopeful in hopeless situations,” a small frown crossed her face and melancholy showed in her eyes, “I am no naturalist, but the wild has a calling to me. That’s why I’m often outside the woods, exploring the territory outside.” The woman then smiled, happy for her memories of her adventures. Perhaps she could ask Relmyna is there was a task that required one to travel, a message perhaps. 

She turned her gaze back to Maegi, wondering if she was in the correct state to be put under these questions, no matter their insignificance to the cream woman.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Well, Maegi slurred, once she'd heard the woman's explanation. I don't know what's truly in your heart, but based on that. . . Meridia, maybe? Her lips drew tight in contemplation. God of the living, of life. Nature, I suppose. That sounds right. No one she had known had claimed Meridia, or had the god as their name. Intriguing.

Very different from Peryite, but I suppose it will do, the girl continued, laughing slightly. She nosed the squirrel on the altar, watching the maggots writhe with something akin to love in her eyes. Though I guess there are some similarities between the two of us. Maggots are living things, right? Maegi looked up, staring at Flicker. Not the most beautiful living things, but. . .still.

She wished Flicker had answered differently. It was almost too boring. To have such a selection of gods, and yet--Meridia! Alas.

Do you have any gods of your own? Maegi asked, cocking her head in query. Not that she would much abide the worship of others in her woods, least of all here. . .but she was curious.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman knew she wasn’t the best of company, but at least her heart held loyalty; and to Maegi that loyalty lied. She supposed it stretched to Relmyna, for she allowed her into the pack. Flicker nodded, taking on Maegi’s thoughts to contemplate when alone. 
But no one had told her of the supposed captive. 

Drawing her thoughts back to the original purpose, she questioned the motives of the pack and remembered that there had been a previous war. Licking her muzzle in thought, the woman answered her friend's question, if only to buy her time to ask of the captive; if she thought the wraith was in a well enough state. ”My mother worshipped Gods day and night. After she realised the extent of my...hellish ways, she moved to border the line between insanity and reality,” her lips tightened but still let a small laugh escape, ”she tried to sacrifice me, of course, it didn’t work, but it wasn’t long before my territory was taken over.” Her gaze tilted to Maegi and she’d come to a conclusion. 

She’d ask about the intruding males another day.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It was a story she would like to hear more of. Perhaps another day, when her brain wasn't so hazy. Maegi hung on every word, mismatched gaze boring into the woman's face. Hellish ways. Flicker's mother reminded her of her own, and she smiled, though something sad and--lonely?--hid within the expression.

My mother despised me, too, Maegi responded, her tone mild. She named me Peryite because I disgusted her; she didn't know how fond I would grow of the name, and the god, too. Here her smile grew wicked, and she nudged Flicker's shoulder in a show of devilish camaraderie. Wolves like you and I. . .we can't be discarded so easily. We come back, like weeds.

Her face became suddenly solemn, then, and she stared at the woman for a long moment before speaking. Will you become a member of the Dark Brotherhood? she asked. Worship our gods and take part in our rituals? Those 'hellish ways' would make you very useful here. She sat and waited for the answer, all the while mesmerized by the way the background behind her friend seemed to move, like it was breathing.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her head tilted, red ears attentive to the fast-growing woman. She supposed her friend was right -- wolves like them only came back stronger -- and she returned her wicked grin. Her golden gaze turned back to the alter, watching with mild curiosity now; there wasn't much that truly disgusted her. 

She supposed that creation and death were the core elements to what kept the world alive, for if nothing was born nothing would live; and if nothing died they would all be miserable. Her gaze hardened on the offering and thought about Maegi's offer. She knew she had the guts and the forest appeared to need new blood; but what of the founding blood? The blood of Meldreisi that Maegi had spoken of. 

That was of no matter to her, " I would be honored to assist the Dark Brotherhood," she again let that wicked smile crack her maw; however she knew not what the Brotherhood would hold for her future. "I will do whatever the Brotherhood asks of me. My loyalty lies with these woods now, and most of all with you." Her eyes found Maegi's face again, her eyes caring. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She hated that word--Brotherhood. Why "brother," when this chapter had been founded by a woman, Meldresi? Females had proven themselves just as important--if not more so--to the history of the organization in Blackfeather Woods. Perhaps, one day, she would change it. For now, it was out of her reach.

I am hoping to become part of it as well, Maegi responded. Both my parents were, and their parents, too. My brothers would have as well, if they would have stayed here. (If only she knew.) We can learn together. I'm sure Kove would be fine with that. Oh, what a prospect! She still wished Ramsay and Euron were here, too. . .but she would take this, even if a far second-best.

Something unreadable entered her expression as Flicker professed her loyalty; she hadn't expected that. It pleased her, no doubt. But, at the same time, it gave her that same sensation of worry she'd felt when Relmyna had told her she would be the next Listener.

Was she good enough?
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"I think it make an interesting life, even if we pursue different aspects, I'm sure there will be ways to help one another." She smiled at her friend, glad to now have an active role in the pack. She could learn quickly, and she could do well. However, she would not put the Brotherhood before the majority of the pack; especially with winter. If it came to it, she would hunt first, to whatever lengths, then resume her progress in the spring when things, hopefully, got easier again. 

The woman looked up to the trees, and to the corvids that lived there. "What sort of things do they train you to do?" She supposed it would be wise to ask so that she could think lengthy about it; and have no qualms or indecisions later.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi shrugged. Cicero hadn't taught her much about it, nor had she heard a lot from others. With the turbulence of her childhood, there hadn't been much time for proper training. I know there are warriors, spies, and priests, she said, curling her tail 'round her paws. I'm a priestess, or was at least training to be one, before I left. Spies are sneaky; warriors are strong.

Her lips drew together, pursed, in contemplation. I suppose you only get to pick one, she said. Her eyes flashed to Flicker. Which one sounds best to you? Secretly, she hoped that Flicker did not hope to travel the righteous path. Less rivals to knock out of her way, if--nay, when--it came to that.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She shrugged for she’d never seemed too bothered for her specilties. But, seeings as she is to settle here, she was starting to give it thought. The woman was definitely going to be a scout, the thought of staying trapped in one territory for too long did not appeal to her in the slightest. 

Then there was the prospect of learning the herds routes, and making sure that the pack would be kept full and healthy. She could easily be a tracker. Slowly, Flicker moved to lay down, her tail silently swiping the air, ”A spy would be interesting,” she mused. It possibly meant she could keep on her toes and exploring whilst having a task to do in the meantime instead of aimless wanderings. 

”I can learn pretty quickly,” she smiled softly knowing that pursueing this will help her achieve her scout specalties faster than she would before.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
A spy. Euron would have been a spy. She smiled, a sad expression, looking at Flicker, who seemed to have the same sort of wiliness about her as her brother had. Not a replacement. . .but something new, at least. Something to patch up the gaping hole in her heart, if not fill it entirely.

Well, let's test you out, Maegi suggested, jerking her head toward the trees. I'll go somewhere deep into the woods and walk around, and you can try to sneak up and scare me. Does that sound fine? She waited for Flicker's response, twitching a little in anticipation.

When her friend gave the word, she would dash off clumsily, a childish giggle caught in her throat.

wanna fade this out?
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sure thing :)
The woman nodded and stood, realising Maegi may need a distraction from whatever nightmares chased her even in waking. Plus, who would be one to turn down some fun and training?

”I’ll go easy on you then.” She grinned, her tail waving softly behind her. She waited for the wraith to disappear through the trees before starting to track her.