Stavanger Bay saltwater running through my veins
i’m feelin yummy head to toe
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Saucy grinned when Embry asked her to take it back, that he much preferred to be the fool than the shitpile. She let out a few giggles and then shrugged, Suit yourself,she said with a sideways look at him.

The caramel and chestnut male thought about her new proposal, which truly was just the original deal without the spar, and agreed. Saucy smiled, feeling very accomplished. She was definitely getting more out of this than he, unless of course her name was worth the effort of catching a fish. In which case, aww.

She finally stopped walking, turned to look at him and said with sincerity in her ice blue eyes, Hi, I’m Sars Soleil, but I go by Saucy. It was rare for her to introduce herself with her birth name instead of her nickname, but she felt she could make their trade a little fairer.
[Image: 7_B392884-7_C60-4896-_B136-_B7357_E3_F4_DB9.gif] - 3/10
*Saucy uses profanity! If this bothers you just let me know!
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Want me to roll for this or just roleplay it out?

Those blue eyes bathed him in their warm glow, and Embry seemed to forget the stage of dawn taking place behind her. Their movement halted; the only sound now was the somber ocean tide lapping a few pawsteps away. All he saw was that sincere girl, with fur as white as an alpine wonderland, whose name was... Sars Soleil. 

"Hello, there, Sars," he played along, dipping his head in greeting (though he didn't break his gaze). The name was beautiful. "I'm Embry." And there was a look in his eyes of cobalt that insisted, yes, that was definitely worth catching a fish for. 

Self-conscious and not at all certain whether he could do this all again - just like before - he pushed himself out of the trance with a break towards the water. His past experience with these sort of situations had always left him with no one in the end.

He only knew one thing: he was damn going to catch this gal a fish.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
THAT POST REALLY! My whole heart! And nah we did enough rolling for this post ;””)

Up until this point, Saucy had stuck with her whole no boys fast. But he was umm, kind of hot. And super sweet. Something about the way he looked at her, and the way he said her name. Only Dalia and Velen knew her whole name, but they still called her Saucy. His voice was soft and kind, now, and he made her feel special. 

Eww no. Stop. Boys ain’t shit remember? Saucy quickly pushed away those feelings about Embry, and didn’t let any of this inner monologue show on her face. Though her eyes betrayed her, those treasonous little orbs. While her mouth slipped into her usual easygoing smirk, her eyes remained locked with his cerulean ones for a second too long.

Then she moved over back to reality, and averted her gaze for a split second to hide all the thoughts they held. Nice to meet you Embry, but now you owe me a fish, she said, her eyebrows jumped as she gestured to the sea nearby. This would be fun to watch. Hopefully Embry was better than her, because she actually was really hungry.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
X"D thank you for sparing me that roll, I don't not how I could have played that off without a catch

Embry was well on his way towards the open blue when she voiced his name. The way it sounded on her lips made him tremor. He glanced back, intent as he was on the mission at hand, and couldn't help but smile. Genuinely smile. 

Maybe the ocean had been what he was looking for, but something inside felt that now, the ocean was finally there; finally real. And that's what he liked most about Sars - the fact that she made him feel so alive. 

"I'm already subjected to the fool's role," he remarked; cut short by a sharp intake of breath as the frigid waters enveloped his paws. "I might as well play the part."

The saline depths were refreshing, if not icy, against his skin. He waded a little into the shallows and set his sea-green orbs upon the transparent waters, shaking off the chills that tumbled down his spine. It's worth it, it's worth it. He was focused - this. was. combat mode. In truth, Embry grew up living off of aquatic prey sources. One of his first lessons in early youth was how to stay alive on the seashore. And what an image it was: this bear of a brother staring expectantly down at the ebbing tide.

His trained eyes detected a flash of silvery light in the water. He didn't take the bait, though, for fishing in the wild was quite the case of tables turned. The fish were baiting you. First, he would wait to get another glimpse. Should he spot it again, he would strike. All of this within a breath, because it would be none too good to lose it to the ocean. Plus, he had to make an impression now that he had a nicer catch nearby.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Saucy caught Embry’s smile, and returned it happily. Bashful was not a word one would use to describe Saucy, even when it came to the more delicate parts of a relationship. Boys didn’t just hit on her, she hit on boys with equal suave.

It was nice to be flirting with someone again, she often just used flirtations as a way to get stuff, or as part of her sarcastic humor. But this was the good stuff, and she was very much enjoying herself. Yet she convinced herself that this didn’t mean anything more than it was now. She still didn’t want a boyfriend, not until she’d conquered every other goal in her life.

She watched him with amused eyes as he hovered over the the ocean, the entity was just as unbashful as she. It swallowed his paws whole, and lapped against his ankles yearningly. While it was fun watching her new friend fish, Saucy was hungry- and impatient, Come on fool, times a wasting, she called out, though if he turned to see her her expression was playful and teasing.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry didn't turn around to make sure she was kidding; of course he already knew that. It made him want her all the more, because she didn't act like the other girls when she knew she was on to something. She took it with a grace he'd never seen before, and he was falling hard for it. 

No, the reason he turned around at that moment was to flash her a warning glare - similarly teasing - that, even from a distance, seemed to yell, you're the one scaring away all the damn fish!

Embry moved slowly to check whether his friendly food had escaped. As soon as those scales caught his eye again, he summoned his inner ursine and dipped his paw swiftly into the gelid sea. He grinned as he felt a claw snag the frenzied creature, tossing it quickly into the air and parting his jaws to snatch it in his awaiting fangs.

He turned with a roguish sense of boastfulness, cocking an eyebrow as he began the journey back to the girl's side. Some primal instinct seemed appeased by this act, as though by catching this fish he had played his part in her sustenance and wellbeing. It was a sublime feeling, and it welled within his chest like some heated progeny of the sun.

The worst part was, there was a hint of pain in all of this. Pain because some things were familiar, and within that familiarity lay a deep and festering wound.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
If anyone was scaring away the fish, it was Embry. That was what Saucy decided. He was so big, surely any fish that saw him would yeet ASAP. Plus, umm do fish even have ears? Saucy decided against it, and when he turned to give her that look, she jutted her head out and narrowed her eyes as if you say, yeah and?

She watched and waited impatiently as he fished, her eyes slowly drifted elsewhere when it started to get boring. A flash of movement recaptured her attention though, and when she looked back to him he held a shimmering fish in his mouth. He looked rather proud of his catch, and seemed to strut back towards her. She leapt up and bounded to meet him halfway, from there she flashed him a grin as she took the fish from him teeth. Thanksh, you’re not bad for a fool, she said as best as she could through a mouthful of slippery scales.
you wanna fade soon and have another in the future?
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
sounds good to me - how's about fade here? I can't get a reply in til much later :/
ϟ