Stone Circle enough about me, let's talk about you
let's start livin' dangerously
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Joining 
this was totally new. it was like some kinda fae circle. a fairy ring, but also not. he'd never seen the likes of tall towering stones all straight up like this. the young man was amazed, staring dumbly at the landmark. he snapped his jaws shut just as quick. nobody needed to know how amazed he really was. he'd be seen as some ignorant newcomer. but ah, that was the kicker wasn't it, buddy? he was totally new here. he'd come to this place with total naivety. he entered near the pack land cause it was the first one he came across, and he was nothing without people backing him. 

well, when he was new that is. he could take care of himself just fine alone but it was best to have friends in high places. at least until he settled down in this place. his tawny coat flexed as he proceeded to stretch forward, a pink tongue rolling from his mouth as he yawned. it wasn't good to move forward or invade too much. he was testing his luck being here. but he did lift his head and howl a request to meet the others here after that huge yawn. Puck reclined easily, fuschia eyes blinking expectantly as he peered through the cloudy sky above. 

now all he had to was be patient. however long he'd wait for the unknown pack members to notice he was here, he'd damn well wait. well, uh, he might get bored and wander away eventually. depends on how fast people reacted. and he hoped it was a good one. a positive one. one that didn't involve teeth and claws and him bleeding. ouch.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Appearing from the tree line at the beckon of a call, the large male strode forward towards the border—his dark fur reflecting off the evening light against the snowy backdrop of winter. As he walked snow parted in his wake, pushed sideways and packed under massive paws that scooped it up with every stride.

Nearing the border Greyback met the small figure of another, their body lithe and small, packed in a way he had never seen before in a wolf. Perhaps they weren't even a wolf at all, they looked rather coyote like to him. Greyback never liked coyotes, they were always a hassle at times around food caches and the young. Regardless, with a humble smile and his tail held high, the Easthollow wolf walked forwards to greet him, his large body partially blocking the sun's rays. "Greetings," he started, "You've come to the border of Easthollow. How may I help you, sir?"

37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
another soon appeared, causing his head to swirl to meet them. his eyes briefly widened at the massive creature before him. some sorta titan dude. grey as dirty slush. holy shit, he was huge. well, good thing he wasn't intimidated by others; if he was he would find it rational to slink away with his tail between his legs. Puck didn't care that the man was taller than him - he was more in silent amazement than anything. was this the dang alpha? lucky him if so. well, it didn't have to be, y'know, the alpha. but the guy had that air of regality 'bout him. some noble punk, this guy was. he totally wanted to grow up to be all noble and regal and such. but shit, he was already grown. dreams died fast.

enough gawking though. close the damn mouth else you'd catch more snow than the ground; but if he did that he couldn't talk, could he? the coywolf bobbed his head as if in a rhythm but lacking the hum. "nice to meet you, my man, my dude" politeness first, right? even if it was totally casual "name's Puck. I'm into this place. it's got a nice feel. totally want to join and all, but can I ask some questions first? oh dang, I guess that was a question. whoops" he chuckled easily before continuing on "I mean, I don't know the first thing 'bout Easthollow, right? stupid of me to join when I don't."

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback looked at the gawking stranger, feeling a tad inspected under such a gaze. Many others seem to look at him differently due to his size and scar, but he always hid it well under a facade of stone. He was instantly put at ease by the tone of the younger, though he did understand such a dialect and nodded in return, even giving a slight chuckle to the boy's rambling. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Puck."

"Questions are welcomed— I wouldn't expect someone to walk into a new family blindly." He nodded as the youngster asked about the pack. "We are a family based pack," Greyback began, "We pride ourselves on tight-nit structure and being devoted to working as one. We also hold respect to each and every one of our members despite the rank we hold." He added. "We are open to members. However, as curious you are about us, we are about you," He truthfully said while taking in air to breath and giving the chance for the coywolf to respond.

37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
he was oblivious if he had made the other a bit uncomfortable. y'know, with the staring. he'd never seen a big o' wolf before. most of the people where he had lived were a bit small. well, either small or heavily medium. did they make big wolves here, he wondered? would he somehow magically sprout up a few more inches if he clapped his paws and believed? one could only dream. "hey, it's nice to be met" he grinned "though I'd like to know who I'm meeting, you feel? what's your name?"

the Easthollow wolf hadn't told him his name yet. whether he didn't care to unless he knew more about Puck or he simply forgot to in the heat of conversation... well, whatever. he had asked, hadn't he? he'd find out one way or the other. the young man had the sense to be patient and give a few nods of the old head when the other spoke more. family unit. respectin' was key. got it. "I ain't special" he blurted out with a shake of his head and a laugh on his features "just some experiment of two star-crossed lovers."

well, dear old dad had been a wolf. his mom was the exotic one in their relationship. Puck didn't care to speak much of his past. not that it had to be bad or nothin', nah. he just preferred to focus on the future. "I don't have anything here. no home. no family. just lookin' for a place to settle down in. can't really tell you why I chose there - cause I don't even know" he decided to be truthful right back. the place was clean, the air smelled fresh and there were cool standing stones. if someone pissed him off, he could lure them under one and push really hard. splat!

of course, that didn't happen so easily. him being pissed off. "but nobody's attacked lil old me yet, so I count that as a positive" he grinned then gave a wink of the eyeball "course, the day is still young."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback perked his ears as Puck mentioned not knowing his name. How forgetful he was. Shaking his head, he offered a slightly chuckle. "My apologies, Puck. My name is Greyback."

As the coywolf spoke of himself the Easthollow wolf couldn't help but tilt his head. Never before in his year here had any wolves come to the border and announce they weren't special, nor had any talents when met with his questions. Surely Puck had something to benefit the pack—anything.

With a hum, Greyback nodded, his eyes closing for a brief second as he thought. "Are you willing to let us teach you skills?" he questioned. Puck seemed quite young to him, though he was smaller than the members here perhaps he could keep up. "And tell me a bit about your childhood, I'm curious to know why someone of your age has left home?"

37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Greyback? maybe Greyall...

but he didn't disclose such thoughts. Puck gave a brief nod to the man, absorbing his name in the old noggin before continuing. Greyback seemed a bit surprised that he had no concrete talents. the coywolf didn't like to dwell on his lack of skills; he assumed he was one of that jack-of-all-trade types. he liked to wander a bit. he liked to talk. surely there was no harm in that? "well, sure" he replied "if y'all aren't totally exhausted with me by the end, I'm willing to learn." he chuckled.

at the mention of his past, the coywolf blinked a few times. was that really important? like, didn't pack life start in a new pack? totally free of any past transactions? he wondered if Greyback just wanted to make sure he wasn't some psycho killer. as if. aside from a healthy dosage of being a kleptomaniac, Puck didn't think he was 'bad'. just... curious. collecting shit. that sorta thing. "whelp, it's pretty fuckin' boring but you've been a good champ" his tone grew slightly serious as he went on.

he preferred not to speak of it but oh well. "dear old dad was a wolf. mum was a coyote. long and short of it; mum killed by jealous once-mate of dad after she had me. dad sought revenge. went after once-mate. haven't seen him since. sorta left me there when I was old enough to fend for myself" he clicked his tongue, shaking his head though didn't look perturbed by it "guess I didn't wanna stick around the family den. rather move on, yeah?" he hoped that was enough for the Easthollow wolf.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Deeply sorry for the late reply, i've been sick recently and busy with holidays- whew!

Greyback listened intently to puck, his ears drawn up. The coywolf certainly was interesting— not only with his mannerisms but his way of speech. He seemed hesitant to give over the information of his childhood, and Greyback wondered if he wouldn't share. However, when he did, the Easthollow wolf was put at ease and he continued to listen.

Puck had seemed nice enough, though the elder would never admit he held in an urge to sigh at being a 'good champ.' Was he ever a 'bad champ?' What was that even? He shook his head. "I'm sorry that happened, it's a shame parents do that to their young," he voiced, his tone laced with empathy as he looked down at the coywolf. Silence settled over him as he though, but not before long as he continued to his questions. "What about your ambitions? What are you looking to get out of joining Easthollow?"

37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"hey, it happens" he replied with lackadaisical care. he rolls his shoulders, not at all perturbed by the actions of the past. he really just wanted to focus on the future and all it has to offer. Puck couldn't change the past; no one could. so the comforting words were almost lost on him. he'd had his fill of feeling sorry for himself and blaming himself for what happened. "but yeah, I don't really want anything out of you guys" he added with a grin. he wasn't a selfish bastard. 

"I guess I want a roof over my lovely head and food in ma belly. other than that, you guys can use me how you see fit" the shelter and rations were a given to anyone joining a pack. Greyback didn't give Puck cause to assume he'd be without proper diet and a den. "I'll hunt. I'll defend the border. attend meetin's. it's really up to fate what happens, you dig?" he was saying he'd be a loyal little member as long as they'd have him. "but I ain't going to senseless attack someone if I'm in the wrong, or feel Easthollow is in the wrong."

loyalty also had to be bought. such a sad world they lived in. "I ain't a very violent person."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette trotted to find Greyback. She didn't really have a reason for him to find him. She noticed a fresh trail going to the borders. It was not a surprise to her that the male was going to the borders. He was often found there, however, Valette didn't want him to move move too much with his injured shoulder. But she was afraid that he was not going to listen to her. Still it couldn't hurt to check upon him in Valette's opinion. She hoped that he wasn't getting sick of her.

When she got closer she noticed that Greyback wasn't alone at the borders. Her eye fell on the male that Greyback was talking to. A new recruit? Valette trotted closer, making her presence known. Her tail was lifted high, as she trotted with grace closer to the two males. "Greetings," she spoke. "I'm Valette," she introduced. She only caught the last bit the male was saying. Which was to the female's liking. They didn't need violent wolves. Valette then turned to Greyback to tell her more.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
 Greyback nodded along to Puck's words, his eyes closing as he thought about what had been said. It was then that he twitched his ears to the sound of soft paw steps and labored breath. He could tell by scent it was Valette and turned around to give her a warm smile and raised head. 

"Valette this is puck, a loner looking for food and shelter." He briefed before turning back to coywolf, smile dropping and giving way to a stoic expression, gaze unwavering. "He doesn't have many skills but is willing to learn what it means to be in a pack. I believe he would be a good addition to Easthollow."