Blacktail Deer Plateau i found jesus, what a liar
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
Private 
@Corvus *eyes*

it wasn’t an easy task to sleep last night. the warrior was still upset from prior events. it kept him up, tossing and turning, grumbling and growing. he couldn’t keep it off his mind.

when the clouds turned pink from morning’s arrival, issun was eager to get up and work. maybe patrolling would keep his mind off things. and that’s exactly what he did.

issun was usually slow and diligent when on patrol, but this time he went at a quick pace, practically running. he didn’t even have an eye out for trouble at this point. he only ran and marked foliage, more obsessively than usual.
common | japanese
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
His body insisted he slept when night fell, but Corvus had refused. He kept himself on his feet all night long, patrolling the borders and eventually venturing beyond them. Though exhausted, he was denied the option of sleep now that he'd been awake so long. It was frustrating but had to be done for the sake of returning to nocturnality. For now, the nosferatu figured he may as well continue to make himself useful while he was awake. Perhaps he could find something small to hunt and cache for the oncoming winter.

Nose to the ground, Corvus searched for something he could tackle on his own. However, he caught wind of an unfamiliar pack male nearby and decided to go his way first. He spotted him in the distance, noting his speckled dark pelt. This man was one he hadn't met at the border yesterday. It looked like he was patrolling, yet he was in a hurry, for some odd reason. Corvus quirked a brow at this, walking ahead of where the stranger currently was to try and intercept him.

Why the rush? He asked casually once the man had trotted near to where he stood.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
he was so caught up in his work that he almost passed up the dark male. he would’ve done so if he were anyone else but he recognized that face and form instantly. the man of question himself, corvus.

and suddenly all those feelings of frustration an envy came flooding in. issun wanted to do a lot of things at that moment: ignore him, yell at him, attack him. anything to make him leave. but he held back. this man had done nothing to warrant any aggression. he had to keep his composure, no matter what underlying feelings he had for him.

issun dismissed his question. “it’s corvus right?” he put on a false smile to hide his resentment. “i’ve heard a lot about you.
common | japanese
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Strangely, the man didn't answer his question and instead asked one of his own. "It's Corvus, right? I've heard a lot about you." Had he? Corvus wasn't sure what that meant; he didn't feel like he'd done anything spectacular in his short stay in this pack. Still, he decided to simply roll with it, as he did with most things.

It is, He confirmed with a nod, returning the stranger's smile with a sliver of a grin. What is your name, stranger? He then asked, giving a slight tilt of his head.

Romanian | English
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
what is your name, stranger?issun.” he wonders if he’d know the name. strange, considering he just got here but he knew minori probably spoke to him after his arrival.
common | japanese
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"Issun," The speckled man answered. It clicked. Of course he'd heard a lot about him; he was the one Minori vented to in his absence ― about his absence. With how she reacted to him upon first arriving, Corvus imagined that Issun probably didn't have a good image of him. Yet, the man was doing a damn good job of masking it, if that were the case. Did she explain everything to him? Did he believe her? Did he care? Shoving the thoughts aside for the moment, he kept himself collected.

Ah, I have heard of you as well, then. You're Minori's friend, yes? He asked.

Romanian | English
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
so his suspicions were correct, or so he assumed. issun wouldn’t think anyone else would talk about him. “that i am.” what had she said about him? good things he hoped. like how he was there for her while corvus was away.

he fell silent for a moment to study him.“she told me you were badly injured after the bear attack. how are your wounds?
common | japanese
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Issun confirmed that he was Minori's friend then fell silent to look him over. Such a thing never bothered Corvus much, so he said nothing while he did. Issun informed him that Minori told him about his injury from the bear and asked how his wounds were.

They've healed completely, though it took over a month, Corvus answered. Curiosity perhaps getting the better of him, he then asked, How did you find your home in Blacktail Deer Plateau? It was an open-ended way of him to ask if Minori brought him here or not. Corvus was interested to know more about their past, about how they met — but he wouldn't just ask those questions up front; not now, at least.

Romanian | English
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
archiving this since corvus is on ppc

i found her by the river near here,” he started, “amd she offered me a place here. i was on my own at the time so i took the opportunity.

silence fell and tension grew. issun shuffled in the dirt. “i should finish my work,” he said before dipping his head. without another word, he was off.
common | japanese