Alpine Lake we swore to shake it up and you swore to listen
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
@Cry pls

Small was she, the little sea nymph. Her pelt glistened in the morning's light, a wash of blue coating her back and running like streams down her neck, her legs, her tail. Her journey from her favourite island had been long and arduous already, and from time to time she had skipped out on sleep in order to keep moving - being alone, it made her wary. Perhaps she had underestimated the comfort a pack could bring, perhaps not. She already longed for undersea.

The lake was elevated amongst the mountains, but the height did not deter faeryn; she had crossed mountains before. She did not doubt her skills, either - she was both a naturalist and a mercenary, both talents that she was acutely aware of using to her advantage. The little sylph was a warrior at heart, a fighter. A survivor. Perhaps she might not look it, so dainty and elegant, but beneath the surface lay a whole ocean of roaring waves, storms ready to crash down onto the shore with force. She had long ago learned that others would not take care of her while she simply sat around and bathed in the sun - she would not dream of doing such a thing, either. The renoda girl had learned the consequences many, many moons ago. More than she could count, and the lesson had stuck with her since.

Now she lowered her lithe frame down, nose gently touching the surface of the lake's cool water and watching with glittering eyes as the liquid rippled beneath her. Water, water, she loved it so. The sea. The sounds. The smells. She missed the ocean terribly, but her mind was begging for her to wander. To seek out something... something she had yet to discover. Faeryn parted her lips and allowed her tongue to sweep out, lapping up the drink and letting it soothe her dry throat. 

She would stay here a while, where it was quiet, And then she would continue to head down the rocky surface of the mountains on her journey. The journey that she had, in all honesty, not been looking forward to.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
He emerged from the lake, a thick and wriggling trout fighting in his jowls as he kicked himself above the water's surface level. Cry was trying to stay to meals that would test his endurance and keep his cardio up, as this journey ahead of him was going to be a long one. Being a lone wolf was a hard life; one that he was used to. Gwen, his last official Alphess, was who he fought to regain in the harsh wild. He had befriended a bear, accepted a few newcomers, and led his life with purpose for her. 

'In the end', he thought to himself as the shadow paddled to the shore. 'I have a purpose, for once.' It was true. He had a goal, a reason for his work now, rather than it being a contract he was given reward to finish. No, this was an entirely new world of work, and it gave him a sense of fulfillment. He was grateful to Gwen for accepting his proposal, his wish to take her back to her days, where she would remain with her head high if she chose, or dipped and humble if she chose. What mattered, was she there free to do what she pleased, again.

It seemed what helped keeping him going was thinking of her. He tried to focus on his tasks, but his self discipline would wane momentarily, and his thoughts would swim back to the ivoria's existence, lingering on his ice-gilded mind with intangible perfection. He would gently push it away for it to return with even more detail. 

Consuming the fish would wait until he got atleast 3 more; he wanted a nice sized meal out of this excercise. Who knew when the loner would get anything else. Cry knew well how to be prepared. Before he slid silently back into the clear water, he noticed the female who was enjoying her own release not too far from the shore he decked on. Well, no, he had noticed her the moment he came out of the water, but choosing to remain 'normal' or seem 'friendly', the assassin barked a 'normal and friendly' greeting to her, souring at his voice's vibrations scaring the fish away from their original curiousity of him. 

"Hey there," baritones swifted over the waters to the small and rather pretty fae. She was a cold set of colors, a shimmer of silver and white pearlescent nder a light lace of blue and storm gray.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She hadn't noticed him at first. Her mind had been busy with thoughts that hummed like the buzzing of hungry bees, and they had consumed her focus entirely until the sounds of rippling water caused her ears to prick and her eyes to wander the lake again. She was so dazed that the voice reached her before his scent did, and she cast her vision in his direction - a dark male, with eyes so shockingly vivid. Faeryn gave a curt nod of greeting, before she found words to fall from her tongue. "Hello."

"You were... fishing?" a soft, melodic voice danced from her muzzle, and she raised a brow with interest - had he been fishing? When it came to hunting, fishing was the Renoda's prime talent, for she had taken residence on undersea's island and the most plentiful prey around were the fish that shimmered in the ocean's waves; she had become accustomed to their taste and the method to catch them. Perhaps he, too, was a seawolf.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"I was," he concluded, pulling himself from both water and bank, ridding his pelt of the aquatics with a series of shakes. As it settled back into place, a couple of licks here and there sealed a place accurate enough to them to dry regularly. "I hope I didn't disturb you too much," he slightly apologized, his voice contrasting heavily with the smaller femalia before him. "I kind of enjoy peace myself when I fish."

What made him cringe the most was how casually he delivered these words, damn near handing his mannerisms on a silver platter to the silver fae. But if he wanted to seem less abraisive, he had to atleast try.
Eyeing the youth, he concluded she didn't seem too at odds with living in the wilds, no infected wounds, nor torubled times prying her to beg him for help - so he wouldn't offer her a spot in Shadewood unless it was clear she needed one. For all he knew, she could have wanted to remain a loner, as he did, until she found her reason not to, anymore.

"What brings you to Teekon?" he asked in general, hoping to lighten his load and exchange information with the beauty. He had given up enough about him; he wanted to know more of her.