Lost Creek Hollow Took a Journey to the Unknown
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Shortly after her conversation with Valette, Ira left the comforts of the territory she had grown used to the past few months. She did not mind traveling through new places, after all, she had spent a very long time traveling before she settled with Easthollow. The female knew she needed to do this, and what better way to learn than to go straight to the source? Her paws led her towards Lost Creek Hollow as she remembered the neighboring pack that had moved in. It was Easthollow's closest ally so it made sense to visit them first.

The journey would not take long thanks to the mountain wolf's long legs, not that she was in any particular hurry. Soon the scent of many wolves hit Ira's nose. A scent she had picked up off the male that had visited not too long ago. Rugar was it? Perhaps it would be him to greet her again. She paused a few paces away from the border and tilted her head back into a welcoming howl. She was an ally, but she would still be careful about the other pack's territory. Once she had made her presence known, Ira would stand back and wait to be greeted.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
51 Posts
Ooc — JB
The irishman hadn't been a part of the pack for very long, but it didn't take him any time at all to remember the familiar paths of the hollow, nor did he take any time to adjust as he got to work. When Riordan had been here before he had been a petulant young man, eager to charm and not so interested in being responsible. He had been a hunter, relishing in the attention it got him from the various women of the pack — but time had changed him. The experience that being in Toraigh and learning the ways of his own people had cultivated a certain level of appreciation for the grunt work; this is what he decided to dedicate the day to, and this sense of responsibility carried with him as he moved to patrol the claim's fringe.

The hollow was home to quite a family - and Riordan came to realize this as he passed by various strangers, coming upon one edge of the territory with a thin smile upon his face. As he passed these strangers he'd grin or lift his nose (a head-bob to say hello), and pass them by; before long, he was hard at work perusing the territory limits. From time to time the ginger would pause over a patch of particularly strong scent-marking and roll in it, until his broad shoulders were anointed with more scents of the pack. If he was going to guard their claim he may as well smell like he belonged.

It was during one of these graceless rolls that he noticed the sound of pawsteps; Riordan stopped his rolling about (at the time, situated on his back in a rather compromising position) and with a grunt he rolled to his side, then to his belly, like a sphynx. Bits of leaf-litter clung to his pelt, and he'd made quite a mess of the snow along this particular patch of the woods, but that didn't matter to him. He hoisted himself to his feet and turned in time to see a sharp-faced wolf creeping along; when she stopped and howled, he realized it was more likely a visitor after all.

Riordan didn't want to make a bad impression if this was a member of the pack he hadn't met yet, but at the same time he was naturally defensive of his home - wherever that happened to be - and the stranger's presence made him more alert. Before he could stop himself, he was roaming closer.

He called out with a deep-chested call that briefly boomed through the trees, on an interception course. Aye lass, where'ya headin'? If this was a member of the hollow then, no harm no foul. If it wasn't - his presence should be enough to dissuade any wrongdoing, he thinks.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An ear flicked in the male's direction, soon followed by the rest of her head as she was addressed. Ira was expecting a response, but not one right away. Perhaps the stranger had already been in the area when she called? She knew this wasn't her territory and took one step back with a lowered head as Riordan approached. I was hoping to head to Lost Creek Hollow, Sir. This is their territory correct? I come from an allied pack, Easthollow. Maybe he already knew based off her scent what pack she was from, but it was worth stating. She herself was not familiar enough with their allied packs to know such a thing. That's why she's out here in the first place. Stating she was friendly, Ira chanced raising her head a bit just to get a better look at who she was dealing with.

Gray stained parts of his fur suggesting he was older, maybe around the age of her own father, but honestly who knew. It's only easy to judge a wolf's age if they are very young or very old. His accent did interest her though for she had never heard someone speak with one quite like his. He must have been from very far away originally. Or perhaps more wolves in Lost Creek Hollow spoke like this?
51 Posts
Ooc — JB
He was easily put at ease when she responded; and he was acutely aware of her shifting posture, which further cemented her words as truth to him. If she was here for a visit then he presumed it was alright with his own leadership - she was an ally, or so she claimed. This would've gone smoother if someone with more experience with this area had intercepted her, but alas, she was stuck with one of the newer arrivals.

Ah, friend! My apologies, I cannae speak to the politics of the packs, I've only been livin' here fer a few days nah. His voice was boisterous and booming, filled with mirth at the prospect that this transplanted pack had already made a good impression on a rival group. That seemed promising to Riordan.

Aye, this is the Lost Creek, he confirmed, M'name be Riordan - what shall I call you --?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The other wolf introduced himself, a voice powerful enough to shake the leaves. The volume surprised the mountain wolf, but she could appreciate his enthusiasm, even if he was a bit hard to understand. I see, I have only lived in the area for a few moons myself. It's what prompted my trip over. You may call me Ira. It was almost unfortunate that she was greeted by another new wolf.

She was hoping to hear more about the pack as well as speak to the leadership about their well being, but there could be time for that later, and there was a chance that Riordan had some information on his new home. I understand if you have limited knowledge since you too are new, but is there anything you can share about your pack and how it runs?